Disney Parks Thread

What should the inevitable fifth park be themed around?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mqYTSaFWJcM
youtube.com/watch?v=4TNnGx0pV0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xbrIJdu6Gn0
youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's that in the bottom right?

>Epcot:Tomorrowland
>Animal Kingdom:Adventureland
>Hollywood Studios:Frontierland
A villains park based on fantasy. Everyone's wanted one.

Mickey Sourcerer Hat. It was Hollywood Studios main icon from the early 2000s through pretty recently, when it was removed.

Hollywood Studios

>Hollywood Studios
I remember when it was MGM.

What do you want a cookie?

No, but my childhood would be nice.

TomorrowLand should have become its own unique park by now.

Between Star Wars and Avatar, Sci-fi could have easily been worked into its on kingdom with fantasy staying with Magic Kingdom.

Rude

>What is Epcot

We really don't need ANOTHER futuristic area

How are the queues for Avatarland? Has the hype died down yet even a little?
>people are actually spending hundreds of dollars to enter an amusement park and wait 5-6 hours in line for a 10 mins ride
You can literally, LITERALLY, watch the movie avatar twice before getting to ride

Who cares when it has the coolest que line in the whole park?

I was there during the Disney Marathon weekend, and I didn't bother trying to ride it. Even showing up at animal kingdom at 9:15 AM (it opened at 9 that day), the line was 4 hours long. By mid day, the line was 7 hours long.

It was actually the worse trip I've ever been on, as there was nothing you could ride on that had a line of less than an hour unless you had a fast pass. And good luck getting one of those for any of the more popular rides unless you had booked your pass literally months in advance.

Yeah, dude, never go to Disneyworld during the winter or summer unless you're going for events. It's a shitshow otherwise.

Post Park music you love.
youtube.com/watch?v=mqYTSaFWJcM

I waited 4 hours with my family on the Flight of Passage ride because some of the ride stuff was broken.
We were so annoyed that we left the park (after riding Everest twice of course) to get some Taco Bell.

I really hate the new fast pass system. You’re on vacation not scheduling appointments. It’s absolutely ridiculous to have to plan your schedule to an amusement park 90 days out

Me too man.
I and the rest of my family still call it that since it's easier to say even if it confuses newbies.

Wait, is it not called MGM anymore?

Probably going to be Star Wars or Marvel

Star wars is coming to Hold Studios, and all the important Marvel property rights are owned by Universal on the east coast. It's gonna need to be something original

Well Star Wars comes with areas they can recreate.

>Watch is all be the areas from the new movies that nobody gives a shit about.

In that case I'll go with something shockingly out of touch with modern trends that makes them look even more money hungry than we already know they are.

It's just Hollywood Studios now. I don't mind the name change. More upset about the lack of real icon now that the water tower and sorcerer hat are gone.
Tower of terror simply does not cut it

What the heck is hold studios and how does that mean Disney can't build a star wars theme park?

Maybe they turn their water parks into an actual theme park next

*Hollywood Studios.
They already have a star wars park in development exclusively in Hollywood Studios. They wouldn't build an entirely new gate now that the HS park is in production

Treasure Planet

Treasure Planet is pure kino until the robot shows up
>we will never see the sequel where my boy Jim gets laid and falls in love in the academy

youtube.com/watch?v=4TNnGx0pV0Y
the lights on the ground at epcot are a cool thing i never see anyone mention
the water parks are awesome

>They're opening a ride based on those Mickey Mouse shorts
I'm excited

Typhon Lagoon is good, but Blizzard Beach sucks.
Volcano Bay is pretty awesome, but the virtual queue system still has some kinks in it.

This. I’ll play devils advocate but the great movie ride was lame and never felt Disney

Where is the best place to eat at disney and why is it Be our Guest?

Seriously, look at this beauty.

>dinky tiny fake castle
Fuck off burgers

Is there enough material in your opinion for them to do a Villains park as a fifth park?

Because besides a DisneySea type of park I can't see any other idea that can stand next to the other four

typhoon lagoon was my second home when i worked for disney
I was surprised at how good the food was i figured they would just coast off the theming
alton towers?

>Disneyquest got shut down
>but they added a cool Star Wars VR experience
youtube.com/watch?v=xbrIJdu6Gn0

That looks like shit though and probably cost $26 whatever it is

The Sandwich and Chips (Croque Monsieur) cost $14.
The Master's Cupcake (with Grey Stuff on top) cost $5.

Ahhh croque monsieur. The fancy way to sell rich dumb people a $20 ham and cheese sandwich

Personally, I'm outraged.

Even as someone who wasn't particularly a huge fan of the great movie ride, it was at least consistent with the tone of Hollywood Studios. Hell, a lot of people would say it was the flagship attraction of the park and framed what the theme of the park was all about.
The fact that they replaced it with a generic Mickey Mouse ride is like a slap in the face. Not only is there no reason for the ride to be in Hollywood Studios instead of Magic Kingdom, but it's right ay the Chinese Theater. Seriously why.
Maybe I wouldn't be so hard on it if it was something like cartoon Mickey giving a tour of different famous Disney films, but instead it's just a generic "runaway train" story. Nothing to do with movies and has no place in HS, letalone right at the Chinese Theater. I'm pissed they didn't use their resorces to make something more thematically appropriate. Especially since Hollywood Studios seems to be losing more and more of it's identity every year.

Alton Towers was an interesting experience.
There was much more garden and unkept forest stuff to walk through than I expected.

Meal Plans FTW

They're apparently going to change the name of the park to 'Hollywood Adventure' anyway.
Also i'm pretty sure people called Tower of Terror the flagship attraction.

how about we make dhs worth the ticket price before we add another park

For sure. Especially if they went in a more mature direction with it. Have some more thrill rides and revive attractions like Alien Encounter which were too mature for children.

It’s coming along with toy story and Star Wars land. It’s absolute highway robbery that they’re charging people full price to get in as it stands now though

My nigga

>Pay in advance
>Don't need to worry about meal prices even once the entire trip
Honestly the convince alone makes it worth the money I'm potentially losing on it

>studios literally has 4 rides
why couldnt they just add the mickey ride somewhere else?
is nemesis as good as they say?
>ride count doubles to 8
>wait all day to do star wars rides
only a full day park bc you will be waiting in line for so long

What do you think of Animal Kingdom currently?
Is it still a half-day park, or is there enough to spend an entire day (or more) there?

Nemesis was great, but my favourite coaster was The Smiler.
Galactica was interesting and honestly I prefer it to Kraken VR since it's not as intense and so the VR goggles stay on easier.

The problem with the Mickey ride isn't that it exists. The problem is that it's so inconsistent with the parks theme. Again, it should have been a movie tour starting animated Micky and miney.

Disney owns the rights to 20th century Fox now for fuck sake. There is no reason a Disney park based around movies should be struggling this hard to find an identity

Half of the day is spent in the park, the other half is spent in the Avatar que line.

And now Disney owns Fox properties.... So technically Xenomorph is a Disney Villain. We could get an Alien branded version of Alien Encounter, I can dig it.

>The problem is that it's so inconsistent with the parks theme.
Studios has had a themeing problem for a while now.

>Alien branded version of Alien Encounter
That was the original plan before senior imagineers protested. Honestly though, I like what we got. I much prefer original properties in the parks rather than rides based on films. Especially if the film isn't a Disney original.

I think a remake of the Alien Encounter we had would be the way to go. Especially with the cult following it now has, there is a lot of potential to draw in nostalgic adults. Maybe even create a secondary ride taking place in the same XS Tech continuity

ak is the chill park and dont let anyone convince you that its epcot
smiler seems like it would be really gimmicky
>most inversions on a ride
>has 2 lift hills
cheating imo

Disney lately have been the kings of pulling the trigger on projects just a little too soon.
We need an interactive land to compete with Harry Potter? Lets license out and announce Avatar Land right before we buy Star Wars a property that would've fixed our problems.
What's that Great Movie Ride is too expensive to replace and maintain licenses, lets announce a Mickey Mouse replacement months before we buy an entire library of Classic movies that would've perfectly fixed this problem.

Smiler is pretty fun.
I'm really interested in the upcoming Wicker Man coaster tho.
It's the first Wooden Coaster to open in the UK in 21 years.

Will it be Fox in the near future?

youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
>uk lads will never experience true wooden coasters

The only wooden coaster i've been on was Gwazi (Busch Gardens) and it fucking sucked. Way too bumpy. I'm glad it closed.

Especially if they use XS Tech as the base for creating a Twisted Villain Version of Tomorrowland, maybe even an XS Tech Space Mountain.

Why is Disneyland shit now and is never given work done on it?
Besides the billboard for Star Wars they're building in the back

Because they already spent $1.1B trying to fix California Adventure.

and now there fucking it up more

God that would be fucking awesome.
>Deep Space Mountain
>Extra Terrorestrial: Alien Re-encounter

I'm getting myself hyped up for things that will never happen, but a dark Tomorrowland has so much potential.

When the fuck am I gonna go to Shanghai tho

its coming to mk in like 2or 3years

>Dem toy story land budget cuts

???

Before

After

Dissapointing, but I'm personally not too shaken about it. I wasn't a huge fan of toystory land taking up so much space in the first place

Memes

I doubt they will use it for anything
>cars land isnt called radiator springs
>toy story land isnt called andys land

>Andy's land
That would be dumb as fuck not gonna lie.

That being said, I am getting pretty sick of the ______ Land naming convention

Andy’s land is retarded but Andy’s toybox or something would be ok

didn't they change that too?

That's Disney Land

They ever gonna bother making another Tron film?

Dunno, Holocaust? Stay true to WED’s vision and all that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

Magic Kingdom already covers Fantasy in and of itself.

to be fair they have only used it for cars land and toy story avatar is pandora and star was is galaxy's edge
yeah thats better
the name of this boat is typhoon tilly in case anyone cares

Nope, and you can blame Tomorrowland for that. Because that tanked in theaters, Disney believes there's no interest in any sci-fi IP that isn't Star Wars or Marvel.

>going thro my pics of me at dca for the first time
>I was wearing a guardians shirt
oh the irony

>In the grim dark future, there is only XS
>Villains Kingdom, where nightmares come to life
>dark Adventureland is a foreboding jungle with a spookier version of Indiana Jones
>dark Frontierland has random shootouts in the streets

I like the idea for villians kingdom and XS Tomorrowland, but I'd really hope that the park would have more going for it than just an ebil magic kingdom. Toss dark Adventureland and dark frontierland for something more original. I do like the idea of a Jungle though

Regarding the new park being a "Dark Kingdom", I would love to see a land dedicated to lost Disney memories and discarded concepts, animatronics, and dreams. A bleak and depressing land.

I don't know if any of you know about the Nintendo Wii game Epic Mickey, but its original concepts all perfectly encapsulate what I would want this land to be like.

I'll dump some old concept art for reference. This is what the game was going to be like before Disney insisted they tone it down, and what I would want the Forgotten Land to tonally be like

>Tron 3 never ever
>Daft Punk fucked off back to their home planet

Pic related and beyond is definitely too scary for kids. Even if it was an adult-centric park, it would really need to be dialed back.