So... That was a twist all along.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kur0qaYM1jM
youtube.com/watch?v=4riem49Yjus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is so Kafkaesque.

I love how dated this is since Cracked is dying now

What happened to it?

holy shit this is the most overused "thoery" int he internet. There is this kind of fannart for every single fantasy cartoon fuck those autists.

I wish my life was a dream so I'd have a chance at waking up.

kek. There are no good dream theories. You can not disprove this

Which cartoons that used this plot for real?

Over the Garden Wall.

you also can't provide proof of any.

Honestly, this is the only show where that works and makes sense. Especially with all the dumbshit the show has thrown in.

Not really; the near-death state the main character experience throws them into a non-real alternate world, but it's not "just a dream".

Wait what? Is it cannon now or something?

Seemed ambiguous to me actually

This was done ironically, right?

They went full sjw.

Not even memeing, they lost their goddamn minds during goobergrump.

No. It doesn't it doesn't work here or anywhere else.

Especially not Pokemon.

What said, plus they just laid off a ton of their staff back in december

which is why they're all shit

Chuckled

I remember Cracked as that Mad Magazine wannabe.

>it's a "show was all in a character's mind" theory

Fuck you hipster douchebag

On topic, You know you are old when you see this trope and know that it came from the tv show St. Elsewhere.

Though not a dream theory per se, a friend of mine had a theory that "The Cat and the Hat" and "The Master of Disguise" are intensely vivid psychedelic trips being experienced by Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar respectively in a public library. Other than that, all theories pertaining to dreams or all being in the mind are flimsy as fuck.

Elder Scrolls is just the dream of a sleeping god and Tamreil will vanish when he awakens.

Please, no meat touching Ma'am!

>the dinosaurs in jurassic park aren't real
shit, this is one is intriguing

youtube.com/watch?v=Kur0qaYM1jM

Really the only worthwhile writer on the site was Seanbaby.

The hypothesis is that fictional events never happened.
Wrap your head around that.

love this
if i see one more "ADULT JOKES IN KID SHOWS???" list, I'll blow my brains out.

>Cuck nightmare till the end of your days

I'd argue that something like Elder Scrolls or Link's Awakening where the setting is literally a magical realm inside a dream is very different from "the entire series/game was just in the characters head!"

One is a setting in-universe, the other is a hacky way to end the story.

what the fuck my dude

>The fucking Ash Coma theory

They're genetic mutations. Of course they're not.

I mean if they were robots the whole time, it's trippy to think about. And they were actually malfunctioning. this is some twilight zone shit.

>on the site

get a load of this underage faggot.. not knowing cracked was a satire magazine just like MAD magazine is

>ASH WAS IN A COMA
>SPONGEBOB'S CAST IS ALL MUTANTS
>RUGRATS WAS ALL IN ANGELICA'S MIND
>THE CARS IN CARS ARE ACTUALLY INSECTS
>KIRBY IS BACTERIA
>THE EPISODE WHERE SPONGEBOB AND SANDY DO KARATE WHEN THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO IS A SEX METAPHOR
>MONSTER'S INC IS A POST APOCALYPTIC STORY WITH HUMAN ANIMAL HYBRIDS
i fucking hate fan theories

>Dharma & Greg

I'll do you one better. The events are all conceived and filtered perspectives of a collective unconscious and experience spearheaded by someone who turns the filtered events into a palatable objective account for over to experience and thus repeat the cycle.

Literally everyone knows that, we're not impressed grandpa.

you'd be fucked if this reality is better than the other one you are fleeing from. Maybe there is a reason you don't want to wake up

This wouldn't be the first show who did it nor does it work here better than in any other show. Every story ever told could be ended with the conclusion that everything was a dream, that has no meaning since you could always just wake up and destroy the narrative up to this point.

>Oh you know fucking what
>The dream was only a dream
>In reality Finn is a gay eskimo
>...aaand that was also a dreama

Clearly you should pay more attention during sunday sermon, my boy

What about the ones pertaining to Bloodborne

>top 6 finger prince jokes

The coma ending is only bad when there's not efforts put into it like OP pic. You can perfectly craft a show that lays hints here and there, and have a last episode on the "real world" that show the familly and charactersplot points unfold naturally from that slice of life.

The autist ending is harder to defend though

That’s because it’s Micolash and the Great One’s + all who were affected by the Beast Plague’s dreams not only the Hunter

dude like what if the cul de sac Is ACTUALLY PERGATORY AND ALL THE KIDS ARE ACTUALLY DEAD DEEPEST LORE

>>THE CARS IN CARS ARE ACTUALLY INSECTS
wut

Meanwhile, on TV Tropes
>THIS CHARACTER IS TOTALLY A TIME LORD, GUYS

I could see this shit happening in a deep lore cartoon

>THE EPISODE WHERE SPONGEBOB AND SANDY DO KARATE WHEN THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO IS A SEX METAPHOR

Imagine if a child went into a coma and his mind constructed a fantasy world, but given the lack of experiences that child has his imagination runs out of real world things and ideas to remix into the fantasy world. Over years of being comatose events, characters, and locations blur and merge together into a uniform gray.

It's like the heat death of the universe for imagination.

How fucking old is this image? I saw it like 5 years ago whereabouts.. and I just got that the heartbeat monitor is supposed to be the dream's inspiration for BMO, I didn't realize it before because he wasn't in the dream bubble.

That said maybe the blood pack pole is even supposed to be the sword.

>the girl is the only one not hurt

youtube.com/watch?v=4riem49Yjus

Yea god damn I got to the ending of that game when I was younger and ever since then I've been so fucking paranoid whenever me or someone I know gets in a vehicle. Fuck that damn game I wanted to have fun with a unique game where I can draw things that are animated and put into gameplay.

matpat

Yes, what does this mean?

This was the most out of fucking place bullshit I've ever seen of anything in my life.

>game theories
of course

I mean it literally is though.

This one's true tho

Now this is funny

its a weed metaphor

>Evidence suggests both brothers know if the events that occurred without conferring
>The frog glows because it has the bell inside
>Characters who were in the Nowhere get an epilogue, which doesn't make sense if the boys woke up

But really, it's all just a story told by the frog
>"If dreams can't come true, then why not pretend? ... Dancing in a swirl of golden memories: the happiest lies of all."

>DUDE WHAT IF THE CANDY AND SYRUP IN FLAPJACK WAS ACTUALLY DRUGS AND ALCOHOL AND K'NUCKLES WAS AN ADDICT ALL ALONG?

if we're talking about dumb fanmade stuff in Sup Forums-related things, do you know what's the ABSOLUTE WORST THING?

A character who seemingly can't die and/or never shows signs of aging getting super depressed about his/her friends and family all dying while he/she continues to stay live forever until they find themselves all alone for all eternity crying and shit.

THAT is the fucking worst, and it happens so many goddamn times

How does it make any sense at all, especially since AT has been going out of its way for years now to contextualize their world in a way that makes sense? All that would be thrown out if the entire thing was dude Finn's a cancer patient LMAO

BUT HEY THATS JUST A THEORY
A GAME THEORY

Maybe 'cause she's a superpowered being.

cant it be both?

Agreed. a normal person would keep getting new friends and stay in touch with them long before the first lot started getting old and dying.

theres a skips regular show image like that, and the series finale got kind of close to reminding everyone that shits coming soon

> actually putting the power in PowerPuff Girls.

You know, it was dumb as fuck and Matpat always asserts everything as "true" (even things like jokes from animators), but if it was taken as purely a weird idea and not a "theory" about the movie, this would be ok.

I love the implication here that Donald isn't even in control of his own narrative.

>Donald

>Donald

>>MONSTER'S INC IS A POST APOCALYPTIC STORY WITH HUMAN ANIMAL HYBRIDS

THEY LITERALLY TRAVEL TO THE HUMAN WORLD WHICH IS STILL INTACT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Donald

Doesn't seem ambiguous at all to me actually

The actual canon explanation or the monster universe is weirder and more interesting.

Yes THEY ARE HUMANS and part animal, this is canon.

>Yes THEY ARE HUMANS and part animal, this is canon.
hows that

Do these autists really think that the creators meant for these theories to be true the whole time?

Please don't tell me the show really did this.

Better than they are all in limbo.
Although that seems to happen with shows where characters colors are fucked up the most.

Man, I gotta say that this EVERYTHING YOU'VE SEEN IS A DREAM stuff is a stupid twist. It seems like every single fan site is posting the YOU ARE IN A COMA theory, everywhere you go. And everyone you talk to keeps trying to put the things people love in the frame work of NONE OF THIS IS REAL to explain away the crazy elements of the world. It's such a copout that they seem to want all these fictional characters to PLEASE WAKE UP all at the same time. Talk about uncreative, SONny.

The only time it was done right.

If it was...

Fuck the WMG section on TVTropes. It has so much potential, but instead we get shit like pic related.

Would you take advantage of her?

Miss Frizzle is totally a Time Lord though

Where did this comic come from, it fucking nails how Cracked went bad (the first time) and how overused the it-was-a-dream fan theory is.

I know it was made before 2016 because 2016 was when Cracked proved that comic correct by running an Arrested Development article about how most of the show is actually George Sr's fantasy while he's on death row.

I appreciate that reference.

What

I saw this exact same comic before but was about foster home imaginary friends, is this a movie reference or something?