2000AD

Let's talk about Britain's biggest comic magazine.
Dredd, ABC Warriors, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, whatever you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

vice-press.com/collections/prints/products/strontium-dog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if Judge user and storytimers shows up

In order to summon Judge user, one must post Hershey. To do otherwise gets you sent to the cubes, creeps.

But seriously, I think Judge user lives in euroland. Seems like his storytimes happen late at night by PST.

I liked the Dredd movie. I thought it captured the dry humor and dark setting very well.
Urban did a great job capturing the perpetual scowl too

Naw, he's from South America.
Argentina, I think.

Nikolai Dante is fantastic and hits the space swashbuckler spot perfectly.

Does he and Dredd ever have to work with one another? Or is he one of those perps that manages to stay JUST within the law to not bring down the Judges on his head?

He's not actually in the same canon, Dredd's in the background of that shot because its the 40th anniversary story. Halo Jones, Johnny Alpha and Ro Jaws also show up in the story mainly for gags.

Ah, what a shame. Good thing for Nikolai then, if he had to put up with Dredd he would be a one-time character and that's it.

So what are some good 2000AD recommended readings?

Button Man

Dredd did arrest a fat, old alternate universe double of him once, but that doesn't really count when you consider he's also taken in Not-Harry Potter, Not-Superman, several Ninja Turtle pastiches and all the rest.

What are you after? As an anthology there's a lot of different series, some of them quite short, others going on for years, some episodic, some telling one long story.

>Dredd did arrest several Ninja Turtle pastiches
For real?

>What are you after?
Tales from the Black Museum looks cool, amd i want to check Ewing stuff.

>Jenny Alpha

I think it's pretty inconsistent desu but the John Burns art strips are great and a lot of the war stuff is really neat.

Yep. One was a group of mutants raised by a mentally ill dude in a rat costume, the other were baby man-eating alien Kleggs raised by a dude who wanted to train them as an elite Judge-esque auxiliary vigilante group. There was also at least one group of eldsters who had similar names and themes, but who were just wrinkly rather than reptilian.

Ewing's almost always good in 2000AD. I really liked the Dredd one he did with the inter-dimensional invaders from the nice dimension, where people were kind and peaceful and attempted to reform Mega City One's hardened crims. That uh... might have been a mistake.

>In order to summon Judge user, one must post Hershey
Or tough short haired women with guns

Neat

Zenith and ABC Warriors are great.

>come back from dinner with the senpai
>2000AD/Dredd thread
>Talking about Nikolai Dante

Oh Sup Forums. Sometimes, just sometimes, you still know how to treat me right.
So. Lulu Romanov. Best Girl, or Bestest Girl? I mean, nothing wrong with Elena, but...

Anyway, since folks were talking about TMNT pastiches in Dredd, why don't we read a few of those?

And if you liked that one, dudes, here's another!

Alright Sup Forums, you tell me what you'd like to see: some Al Ewing (which can be Dredd or his own stuff), some Nikolai Dante (I got Cadre Infernale here all ready to go), or something completely different?

I'm weird as fuck for this but I enjoy Strontium Dog the most out of any 2000AD run. Just always loved the character and the bounty hunting adventure aspect that took him to more places.

Anybody got any good Strontium Dog merch? I've never seen much in the U.S. Is he a bigger deal in the UK?

Nothing weird about that. Hell, his own creators say they like him better than Judge Dredd in many ways. As for good merch, there's some really nice replica badges from Planet Replicas, and there was an action figure released back in the late 90s. There's also the ThreeA Johnny Alpha figure, made by the same guys who did the fucking amazing 1/6 Dredd (plus a couple of ABC Warriors and Tharg himself) which so far has only made it to prototype.

It's the Judge!

I want that so bad. Where is it available?

Nowhere yet, unfortunately. ThreeA, the toy's manufacturers, are having a bit of trouble keeping the line alive, and so far they're focusing mostly on Dredd and Dredd accesories. Supposedly, Alpha was going to come out late last year, but for now he's been put on ice.

You gave me great joy and then immediately took it away from me.

I got a nice 20X24 Poster about 2 years ago but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

If it helps, I know how you feel. I know VERY well how you feel. The main guy in charge of the sub-line at ThreeA is apparently a BIG Hershey fan, and is pushing hard to get a figure of her out. First, however, they're working on an Anderson figure, which makes sense since once they have that out, they can just sculpt a new head and badge and be done with it. But the Anderson figure has been delayed as well...

That sucks squaxx. Was it an SD poster or a general 2000AD one?

Haha well son of a bitch I found it.

vice-press.com/collections/prints/products/strontium-dog

You can occasionally find limited poster printings at cons but you have to constantly be looking for that stuff and it's not cheap.

Oh sweet! Nice one. Vice Press do some damn good stuff.

How do we trick Americans into stop reading Marvel garbage and start reading Dredd and 2000AD?

I prefer Judge Anderson. Thanks for the storytime by the way user.

Oh fuck that user wasn't joking.

You don't need to trick people. The work stands on it's own. People just need to be aware of it and know where to find it. Once I found the Complete Case Files for Dredd, I burned through every collection, started on Strontium Dog and read all I could find of that and now I bought a collection of Nemesis the Warlock.

I try to convince people to read 2000AD, Usagi Yojimbo, Grimjack, Nexus, and Badger all the time because they're all great.

Something Ewing related please. I am curious about what he has done before Marvel.

You got it! Let's start with the one user mentioned before, "Rehab"!

Oh, I meant within Nikolai Dante. If we go wide and try to find Best Girl in aaaaaall of 2000AD, of course that's going to go to Judge Hershey.

This was hilarious, thanks.

We aim to please!

And now, the plot thickens...

When the heck are we getting more Lawless? I want... no, NEED, more Lawson and Pettifer, dammit!

The newest book is currently ongoing on the Megazine. If your need is so great, I'd strongly recommend picking it up. Shit's getting real.

Honestly, I think picking up megs or progs to keep up with series you like is an excellent gateway into 2000AD proper. It's how I started reading the weekly progs, primarily because I HAD to know how Dredd: Tour of Duty and Shakara were going.

And I haven't looked back since. Even when the prog isn't firing on all cylinders, it's still great to know I have at least one thing to look forward every week, be it Patrick Goddard's gorgeous art on Savage or Milligan and Dayglo's balls nuts neon nightmare that is the new Bad Company.

Oh God Sup Forums, here it comes
HERE IT FUCKING COMES

HOKUTO UJO KEN!

I love this Dredd. Did he and his buddies ever get out?

Dredd's Kung Fu is slightly less elegant, however.

>How to respond to shitposters and flame wars

When anons don't fall for the bait.jpg

And now, the peace-loving conclusion!

Well, Sup Forums? Have you learned anything?

Not that I know of, no.

>Well, Sup Forums? Have you learned anything?
To not mess with other dimensions?

Good enough!

Now, since someone else expressed some interest in it, let's cross the streams and post a Tale From the Black Museum written by Al Ewing!

Based on the actual Black Museum, located in new Scotland Yard, this gruesome collection of criminal mementos, war trophies and horrid memorabilia is located within the Hall of Justice itself.

Blaaaauuueerghhhh...

This new goddamn captcha thing is about to make me go...

As you can see, "Tales..." has no fixed creative team, instead being an EC-esque framing device for all manner of horror stories within Dredd's world. For instance...