So what are your expectations for this game? Swinging is said to be physics based (no sky swinging)...

So what are your expectations for this game? Swinging is said to be physics based (no sky swinging), and its not tied to a movie. Might be good? Anyway what villains, costumes, landmarks, and collectibles do you hope to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imPK5eTYQyU
youtube.com/watch?v=29BE0dbOtp8
comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/spider-man-167/spider-man-is-world-s-most-profitable-superhero-1619648/
youtube.com/watch?v=JKSottBl7ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fun gameplay, shit story

Did Dan Slott write it?

arkham-wannabe

Exactly how is that a bad thing?

Dan Slott ocs are involved, as well as Miles, not to mention they felt the need to include a Slott interview in a “trailer”

Mister Negative wasn't actually bad. Can't say the same about Miles though, not sure how much he's involved.

Average gameplay, bad story. Dead overworld. A decent mission or two.
Hoping for an anti-venom bossfight or teamup, with mr.N here. His appearance wouldnt be outta nowhere. Oh an guaranteed 2-3 awful forced stealth missions

Isn't that PS4 game?
I don't give a shit about it then, but any exposure of Miguel would be appreciated

Get a fucking job.

God damn it I hate vydia autists, sky swinging is fine, it's basically how it works in comics anyway. I'm guessing this is going to look and feel way less satisfying.

What?

I just hope Iron Man shows up in a cameo to hype up a planned AAA Iron Man title.

We have so many goddamn Spider-man games that range from mediocre to great but not one good, or even mediocre Iron Man game.

>he likes sky swinging
Sky swinging is fucking boring. it makes the traversal a huge chore if you're not allowed to play around with the physics as you go.

meh gameplay. w/e story. a movie game.

>a movie game
Oh shit I can't wait to play as Iron Man!

I'm expecting it to be a QTEfest like we saw in the E3 trailer. Hoping for some good costumes, but if it is a QTE orgy then I'll probably only get it on sale in like 2 years.

What villain do you NOT want to see in this game?

I don't wanna see Rhino. He seems too obvious a choice.

Swinging looks fucking slow.
youtube.com/watch?v=imPK5eTYQyU

The Joker.

Satan is right. He's moving like Spider-Grandpa.

I don't really want flying bosses in the game. Cameras never enjoy air combat and I don't want a "battle through the city" that would be full of scripted sequences or on an obvious track.

I think they should emphasize spider-man's verticality and ability to attack from odd angles as his strength and play up to that in boss fights.

If Miles gets powers in this game I won't be buying it.

They've said numerous times Miles wasn't added until way later. He's only there as an Easter egg and so we can see more of how Peter Parker affects the world too.

Anyone think if there will be an option to have a more traditional costume from the very beginning, or even a pre-order bonus costume or something?

I will not buy this game otherwise.

I hope so. They said you said suit customization was a part of it and it would be a waste to make it only be post-game content.

No?

Shitty costumes, okay gameplay, horrible story

>classic costume will be dlc
I doubt they will give shocker his costume

Every comic book game now is to afraid to look like comic book characters

I doubt it'll be from the very beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if a classic suit was unlocked upon completing the game though.

I don't know, I wouldn't call the spider-man suit in this game "realistic" or whatever. In fact I'd say it's more comicbooky than even the traditional costume.

It would be great if at the end he shits on the costume we seen so far just like the fans do when one of your first tweets about the game after showing it off is that the costume is not the final one you know it’s bad

I disagree he has the running shoes on his feet, he has the lens like the mcu everything in his design has a purpose besides the fucking huge spider that really should not be there

From the beginning? Can't say. But you just know he's going to get a shit ton of unlockable costumes

That suit still fucking sucks. Holland was a mistake.

I agree I hate the Iron Spider in the MCU. Hopefully it gets scrapped by the end of Avengers 3.

Because there is a foundation to Spider-Man already while Iron Man has been a failure. Hulk is the second best after Spider-Man in terms of video games by Marvel.

Sky swinging is fucking lame. You might as well just hold down a button as you slowly move across the map. Anchor-points make for actual GAMEPLAY. A sandbox is only as good as the ways you can get around it, and sky-swinging is a massive waste of a potentially game-changing mechanic. It turns traversing the map into a chore rather than part of the fun.

Why is everybody jizzing for black Spiderman??
Legit question I'm old school Spiderman and I grew up with Peter Parker. He will be the only Spiderman in my book.

Agreed, I fucking hate that ugly-ass suit with the big chunky white bits all over it.

Just give me the classic suit. No bells and whistles, no basketball texture, just the same ol' duds that've yet to be topped in over 50 years of comic innovation.

Yo, he said Miguel. You know, as in SPidey from 2099?

I want the chain web attack that they had in Web of Shadows, It was fun just hopping from enemy to enemy.

>Worst-Case Scenario
>It becomes the new permanent Spidey suit because "hurr it's got all these gadgets, why WOULDN'T he wear it all the time? (even though it goes 100% against the themes and message of Homecoming)

>Good-Case Scenario
>It gets fucked by Thanos and never seen again

>Best-Case Scenario
>It becomes the base for the alien costume, gets ruined after Peter rejects the Symbiote, it inspires him to scrap all the gadgets aside from the lenses, web-shooters, Spider-Signal, and tracers

Ohh well way too many people here lately have been asking for miles Morales or water black Spiderman's name is

>Iron Man has been a failure.
Not in the past decade. His toys outsell literally EVERYTHING Marvel-related these days, even Spiderman by a small margin (Camp's recently been catching up pretty quick, though.) He's currently Marvel's most profitable character in terms of merchandise. His only failure is in the comics department, but his comics have always ever been somewhat mediicre with an occasional good run.

Add in that for all their faults, Iron Man's villains would make for AMAZING boss battles, and even decent characters with the right writers, and I honestly can't see how an Iron Man game with genuine talent working on it could possibly fall short.

Your best case scenario is the exact same one I had in my mind, senpai. Now if only it were true.

Its not a bad costume, arguably better than Iron Spider costume. Which lets face it, comic Iron Spider was more Stark dick sucking than this. That said, still doesn't beat the classic, which I hope is in the game. The only thing I do like is the shutter eyes. The other gadgets can get thrown out

Yea at some point I feel like peter should mature and realize that all that tech is available to him but he actually does better with his powers as a quick agile web slinger with spider sense.
And yea that's basically what he realized when he rejected the symbiote, sure he's stronger but he's pretty much perfect the way he is with no special enhancements, defeating his foes with athleticism and wit

List of approved Spidey gadgets
>Webshooters (duh)
>Spider-Signal
>Spider-Tracers
>Eye shutters
And that's pretty much it

Rhino is a Spider-Man game staple. I'll be pissed if he's not in it.

The usual suspects: Rhino, Shocker, Black Cat, Venom, Kingpin, and so on.

They already fucked up by including Shocker and Kingpin.

And what's wrong with them? It's not like we've gotten games with them done justice

>Arkham-style Iron Man game
>Fly around open-world map
>Progressively unlock new suit abilities and upgrades
>Unlock new iron man suits you can swap out of at certain points, ranging from simple aesthetic changes to completely new play styles
>Side missions where you play as Warmachine
>Boss fights against villains like Crimson Dynamo, Blizzard, Living-Laser, and Whiplash
>Big final boss fight against the Mandarin and/or Fing Fang Foom
Fuck that actually sounds alright. Too bad Marvel won't actually do anything with Iron Man outside of the movies.

That was literally the whole point of Homecoming too.
>Tony gives Peter a suit
>tries to make him into a little Iron Man by loading it with gadgets and the "babysitter protocol"
>gadgets are constantly fucking up, cause him to lose Vulture when he's on the truch
>INSTANT-KILL MODE
>"I assumed this web setting would be best"
>Enhanced Interrogation mode gets no results, Peter gets the info out of Aaron Davis by being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
>literally the only things that worked as advertised were the parachute and the drone, everything else had some sort of glitch/fuckup and actively impeded Pete's superheroing
>in the end, he saves the day in his old shitty homemade costume
>he rejects the Iron Spider suit (which is presumably packed full of even MORE shit) in favor of being his own man

If they introduce the Symbiote (a malevolent being that wants to bond with Spidey's costume and bend his powers and personality to its will) in the second movie and have Peter make his own, stripped-down suit in the third movie, we'd have this really lovely clothing-based metaphor about how Peter came into his own as an independent super-hero.

>Both Stark and the Symbiote were trying to control Peter and shape him into the kind of Spider-Man they wanted him to be
>It wasn't until Peter believed in himself and understood that clothes didn't make the man that he truly becomes an AMAZING Spider-Man

I mean I get them wanting to bring the Iron Spider suit out for Infinity War, but I really hope it gets smashed. Otherwise it's just completely spitting in the face of Homecoming's symbolism the same way Whedon ignored all the character growth in Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier.

The reason why there haven't been many Iron Man games in comparison to spiderman is because web-slinging is such an easy concept to build a movement mechanic around as many games have demonstrated, whereas Iron Man's flight is far more difficult without severely restricting him. How would you build a flight mechanic while maintaining an environment worth traversing as well as a combst mechanic that takes into consideration his capabilities? It's a nightmare of a concept to build around.

That said, I do agree; I'd much rather see an Iron Man game at this point, mostly because every time I play a new spiderman game, I always feel like I played it before, no matter how much they try to mix it up.

With an Iron Man game, they're basically facing the same challenges as the very first movie; it's an extremely high-budget effort that has no guarantee of success, in no small part because It's difficult to be faithful to the character from a gameplay point of view.

Spiderman, in comparison, is a much safer investment, particularly because they have a lot of previous titles to use as a reference for what works and what doesn't.

I feel like the first hurdle would be for them to accept that ground-missions just wouldn't work.
Iron Man has never not looked like an awkward faggot just walking around blasting shit, he belongs in the air.

If you build the entire game around flight mechanics, you've got a good place to start with. I'd think of it like a dogfighting sim, except you can bring the plane down to street level if you want. But the majority of the action should take place in the sky; Iron Man should NEVER have to crawl through an air vent or anything.

Maybe introduce some alternate missions where you have to play as Tony Stark, sneaking around a party or remotely fucking with some tech or something, just to mix it up.

The Arkham series worked because they focused on making Batman feel like Batman; you combo the fuck out of a room of mooks in a really satisfying rhythm.

Spider-Man 2 worked because the web swinging made you feel like Spider-Man; it didn't really matter that the combat was super basic and the missions all more or less boiled down to "chase/punch/chase and then punch the thing" because the part of the game that was specifically SPIDER-MAN was so good.

Same thing with Iron Man; if the flight feels good and the map is a fun place to explore, you'll be able to get away with just about anything. Every other modern Iron Man game was a shitty hatchet job tie-in like Thor or Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters.

its mostly people misunderstanding the scale of buildings
even spiderman 2 had it wrong, gravity seems to be twice as heavy in that game which everyone compares everything to

jumping off the empire state building a person would fall for at least 9.5 seconds before hitting the ground
in that game when you jump off you hit the ground in 5
that's a big deal, and now people have in their heads this wrong idea of how long it should take to fall through the air next to buildings of this size

I always thought that the way movement and combat was handled in Transformers: Devastation would be a pretty good way of handling combat in a game themed around a highly mobile hero like Iron Man.
youtube.com/watch?v=29BE0dbOtp8
Of course this is obviously styled to better fit Transformers, but if you were substitute movement of Optimus with Iron Man's thrusters, i.e Dodgerolls are quick side-to-side thruster blasts, Veicle mode is Tony switching to horizontal flight mode to quickly fly across a battlefield, etc. Pair this with combat abilities like pulsers, missiles and his chest laser, and you can pull off some cool chain abilities, which would make taking down large groups of enemies, or going up against a boss feel a lot more satisfying and in character for Iron Man.

Tldr: Having Iron Man hover with slightly floaty controls would be better than him running around like a chump.

I also feel like that gameplay demo isn't exactly the best thing to go off of.
They were showcasing that to an auditorium of people at E3, they wanted to show off how pretty the graphics were and how cool and natural the animations looked while traversing the map.

You can't tell me people won't be able to make use of speed/web upgrades to completely tear ass across the Big Apple, especially considering what we saw looked like a relatively early part of the game.

Nice try shill

This still hasn't been released feels like I've been hearing about it for ages.
Ugly suit
Mr Negative
more Arkham fighting system
Looks shit. We've fallen a long way from Spider-Man 2

>make Spider-man combat system
>give it to Batman

>Not in the past decade.

What?

>comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/spider-man-167/spider-man-is-world-s-most-profitable-superhero-1619648/

This was 3 years ago.

>Unlockable
>Implying you don't have to buy them all as DLCs

Bring back the Hobgoblin already! He hasn't been in a game in forever! It's not fair!

>new Spider-Man game has Arkham combat
>winds up having the same Arkham "twists" where Joker is behind everything

oh fuck

>What villain do you NOT want to see in this game?
Morlun.

>INSTANT-KILL MODE

I want to know why Tony included this.

Would you prefer a Slow and Painful Kill Mode?

Why do you have to kill anyone, Karen?

>Implying Mr. Negative won't be revealed as a henchman for Stormin' Norman half way through the game.

Hugo Strange all over again

>the real reason
So the writers could make some cheap gags
>possible in story reason
If there were another alien invasion like in the avengers, some straight up killing power would come in handy

Play Spiderman 2 and come back.

>old school fan
>forgets the fucking hyphen in Spider-Man

Normie spotted

>I'm such le nerd cuz hyphen

It's not that big of a deal

lots of gems to collect.

Anything I want is very basic.

-Black Costume+90's Scarlet Spider+Classic Suit
-Venom, Carnage, Doctor Octopus, Mysterio

Wasn't there going to be a 'custom costume creator' feature?

>No way fag
youtube.com/watch?v=JKSottBl7ow

>Lame Arkham twist where Joker is behind everything
>Except this time it's Norman
I'd be totally fine with that. Imagine a final boss fight with multiple phases where you need to fight the Goblin over the entire map at night, then end up at the GW bridge or something. It'd be awesome.

That'd actually be fucking awesome.
One of the things I loved about Injustice 2 was the ability to make the costumes your own. So if you like your Batman in a glowing robot suit or bright-blue spandex, you could have whatever you wanted, however you wanted.

A customizable Spidey suit has a lot of potential.
>Different color pallettes
>Different web patterns
>Ditko/Romita/MacFarlane eye options
>Tacticool shit with lines and pouches or good ol' footy pajamas
>Sleek, modern spider emblems or big fat cartoony ones
>Options for web wings/2099's web cape

It'd literally please everyone, so long as you had enough options to choose from.

Why not?
You're making a wearable weapon for a teenage kid, if they're about to get curbstomped by an alien stormtrooper you don't need to be explaining to his dear old aunt "you see if he killed that thing that was gonna kill him, he'd be just as bad as them".

I guess it makes sense for a life or death situation. It just seems weird given that he was chewing Peter out about not going crazy with the suit in the first place.

man, seriously fuck this shit
why can't movies get batman right?

It looks like shit. Those are not even last-gen graphics.

That was the only good part in BvS though

I don't even care, as long as the House of M suit finally makes it into a game.

very bad directorial choices, it doesn't look good, everything lacks weight and impact, its all so floaty

like when he chucks that box across the room with the grapple and it goes flying even though there is all that slack in the line, it just looks fake

but also how he's killing people
I'm ok with batman brutalizing people, its not ok when he's straight executing them

I'm putting my money on an Assassin's Creed clone

That's fair.
Still the best part of the movie.

You're joking right? It's the first time I ever saw Batman fight in live action how Batman should, there's weight and power behind every strike.

So is Stormin Norman really behind it all? The Baxter Building might be a cool location

Still surprised Disney are fine with it being a PS4 exclusive and leaving multi-platform money on the table

Miles will never take Peter place. Hell, he didn't take ultimate spiderman place.

Cant play it without a playstation. Very dissapointed

Crazy conspiracy, but perhaps this was part of the SONY deal to use Spider-Man
Enjoy your Mt Dew, Dorito box

Sup Forums here, it looks like another AAA "press button to make something cool happen" trash game. Why are games so afraid to have actual mechanics nowadays?

Well to be fair, E3 demonstrations are always like that, and we have't seen any real gameplay.

But to answer your question, its because gaming has reached a wider audience over the past few years. Casual gamers don't want a real game, or a challenge, they want a tour to be held by the hand. Last of Us for example is an overrated walking simulated that only gets a pass because of the script. The God of War doesn't look much better either