Can we have a gravity falls thread because dipper and mabel are the best brother and sister in cartoons and comics

Can we have a gravity falls thread because dipper and mabel are the best brother and sister in cartoons and comics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mi57d50pCUw?t=4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOKz5zCgs8
youtube.com/watch?v=784k3EEuZYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know Sup Forums hates the show, but I unironically agree with this. That little smile Mabel gives Dipper in the intro is something you would probably never see in another cartoon, and really representative of the series as a whole.

Oh, and nice trips.

>I know Sup Forums hates the show
Sup Forums loved season 1, but started to hate it during season 2 and the ending caused Sup Forums to hate the show entirely and started pretending the board never liked it

>Sup Forums loved season 1
I've seen plenty of hate for season 1 as well, and if anything, half of season 2 is begrudgingly more accepted here.

I can distinctively remember season 1 was very positive when it first started airing

>That little smile Mabel gives Dipper in the intro is something you would probably never see in another cartoon,
Small knowing smiles are not an invention of Gravity Falls

>and really representative of the series as a whole.
How the fuck is a smile supposed to representive of a whole series? What does that even mean? Do you even know what your saying or are you just taking whatever words you think would sound smart and persuasive and tossing them into a garbled mouth salad?

Bait

Are you retarded?

>Do you even know what your saying or are you just taking whatever words you think would sound smart and persuasive and tossing them into a garbled mouth salad?
Pot meet kettle... but x1000.
>Small knowing smiles are not an invention of Gravity Falls
If you think that's a "knowing" smile you have no idea what I'm talking about, and are almost certainly autistic too.

>Pot meet kettle... but x1000.
I don’t think you understand how he phrase works. You see for you to use that, I have to be engaging in the same retardation that you are, and saying that some random thing is somehow representative of something else in a way that makes no sense.
>If you think that's a "knowing" smile you have no idea what I'm talking about,
The problem seems to be more that YOu don’t know that your talking about, as you are incapable of explaining a single thing you have said, and are now back tracking while spouting buzzwords and accusing other people of just not getting it.

No. Are you?

Obviously he is, he can’t recgonize bait when he sees it right in front of him.

>I don’t think you understand how he phrase works. You see for you to use that, I have to be engaging in the same retardation that you are
Clearly, you don't understand how that phrase works. In fact to use it correctly, you have to imply that the original point was both wrong and hypocritical, not just one or the other.
>you are incapable of explaining a single thing you have said
No, I'm just taking it slow to help you out. But since you don't seem to appreciate that, here: a "knowing" smile is quite literally defined as a smile given to someone else because both of you know some secret. But Mabel's smile in the opening is completely different: there is no implication of a secret, and in fact it's quite obvious to non-autists that she's giving him a *warm* smile, emblematic of their sibling bond.

And since their sibling bond is quite literally the very core of the series, well... let me repeat:
>That little smile Mabel gives Dipper in the intro is something you would probably never see in another cartoon, and really representative of the series as a whole.

Kind of a shit sibling bond they have

I expect you have the same tired argument about Dipper always sacrificing for Mabel and never the reverse - that very same argument that has been debunked over and over again, right here on Sup Forums?

Oh, so you're the witchfag. That explains everything.

Oh, so you're the stalkerfag. That really does explain everything... sigh.

Carry on in your little bubble - pun intended.

Great comeback. I'm not stalking you, nobody is. You're just exetremely recognizable with how you write

>Inventing a specific to fight so that you don’t have to face the truth that it’s everybody laughing at you
How so very very sad.

>that very same argument that has been debunked over and over again, right here on Sup Forums?
No it hasn't

What I write, not how I write. The problem is that Sup Forums is a hivemind, which is why you don't see anyone else defending Mabel, or even talking about certain shows (cough) at all.

Actual independent thought is immediately recognizable, you're quite right about that.

I'm not just talking about Mabel anymore, idiot. I get attacked by a swarm of angry anons just for making any of the points in this post:

I still like it, but every decision made with Mabel was a mistake.

Those are some really hot opinions there, full contrarian

How so?

You seeming to be using the phrase “making points” wrong. You see, to make points, you actually have to have points. What you have is a bunch of lashing out at every other show because you are incapable of defending your position.

What did the post say before it was deleted?

The world "pretentious" is the most overly used buzzword if there was one

Except those are in fact my actual opinions, after numerous rewatches (in many cases) and after taking Sup Forums's positions into account. I'm not just being contrarian.
>What you have is a bunch of lashing out at every other show because you are incapable of defending your position.
>post only attacks shows that I have actually watched myself
>several of those points praise shows that Sup Forums hates
You might want to try harder next time, troll.

She is the only character in the main cast who doesn't change or learn from things. If anything, she's either rewarded or forgiven where he decisions bite her or others in the ass.

As I said before the post was removed, I think Mabel deserves horrible shit for her part in Weirdmageddon, the very least of which should have been Dipper studying under Ford.

>I'm not just being contrarian.
So you admit you are being contrarian

Google tells me the definition of "contrarian" is:
>opposing or rejecting popular opinion or current practice
There's no mention of the reasons for it. If you're implying that I'm doing it on purpose, at least in part, you're way off base.

>>post only attacks shows that I have actually watched myself
You see that doesn’t actually mean what you’re saying has any merit though, it just means you’re even more retarded
>>several of those points praise shows that Sup Forums hates
Those, were the “indefensible positions” I mentioned, and I seem to be 100% correct as yo are incapable of defending them without trying to put down other completely unrelated shows.

>B-b-but the Dicionary says-
The mark of a man with no arguments left. I have a sneaking suspicion your guardian janitor will delete this post too.

You're not offering legitimate points for most of them. You mostly just say "they're shit" with no further explanation

What did the post say?

You're spewing nonsense, user.
If I like a show, I defend it against irrational haters and point out the specific reasons for doing so.
If I hate a show, I attack shills and retards for shitposting about it on Sup Forums and point out the specific reasons for that.

Your attacks against me boil down to "all criticism is bad if I don't agree with it myself".
Well, now you're just lying. Do I need to dig up the threads where I analyzed shows in-depth?

You sound like an irrational hater yourself for a lot of shows

>this one split second is more representative of their relationship than all contrary moments in the entire show because it lines up with what I want to believe
And you think you have room to be calling other people Autistic, Kek.

What contrary moments

>and point out the specific reasons for doing so.
But you have failed to successfully do that even once. You're just flailing around like a fish and insisting that other people are wrong for seeing your obvious meltdown with no actual defense.

Irrational haters don't write paragraph upon paragraph on Sup Forums analyzing the shows they purportedly irrationally hate in minute detail.
They just spew Sup Forums's pre-made memes instead.

Not sure about Sup Forums in general, but /gfg/ practically worshiped the ground Hirsch walked on back in season 1.

Okay, then, tell me why you hate one of the shows that you hate while most of co likes

Why bother listing out what already has been a thousand times, when I have a screen cap that happens to list a bunch of them out. If you can refute them without devolving into calling it Autistic or just screeching that it’s wrong, you might just prove that you’re more than a halfwit without two brain cells to rub together.

not exactly has to be your favorite episodes nessacarily but what you think was the most underrated episode of the series

for me its irrational treasure

That’s what you’re doing right now. You don’t have any paragraphs of well thought out or self reasons. You don’t even a sentences worth of them.

I've realized recently that I can't think of a single episode that I consider great rather than just good.

>Irrational haters don't write paragraph upon paragraph on Sup Forums analyzing the shows they purpotedly irrationally hate in minute detail
>Implying

They were close to being one of the best but they dropped the ball with Weirdmegedon and with Mable getting everything she wants while Dipper is screwed over.

I know everyone brings up the fact that Mable gets everything she wants and Dipper always ends up giving up what he wants for her. Thats true though. I was the older brother with three younger sisters and that is just so fucking true

I had to give up stuff I wanted for my sisters because I was the older brother and it's expected of you. And well, I guess it depends on who you are, its the right thing to do.

The whole thing with Mabel could have worked out if she recognized that she was forcing Dipper to give up everything he want so she could be happy but she doesn't. My sisters knew that, Mable didn't

She went from being a fun little sister to a spoiled little shit

The best example of my criticism is probably for SSM: part 1 and 2 Though I later started thinking slightly better of the show, no doubt partly due to Sup Forums:

Technically she's the older sister

Went into detail on what I think Mabel's behavior(including her part in the apocalypse) deserved, referencing an infamous hentai manga called Emergence.

Basically, falling for a drug dealer and winding up a prostitute drowning in coke and despair, have long since burned bridges with everyone who'd give a shit.

I can't help but wonder what Alex has planned for the future

It's not like he is doing shit right now anyway

If it takes forever I will wait for you
For a thousand summers I will wait for you

Yeah, all of those links are dead

That fact that he’s wasting his time doing nothing right now, just shows that he has no plans.

Use desuarchive, that's where I just got all those post numbers from in the first place.

One can only hope he is waiting on Disney

I wonder what right he still has? Can he make another season without Disney maybe? Or should we just wait for more book's?

youtu.be/Mi57d50pCUw?t=4

Technicalities really wouldn't matter

Dippers mom and dad would have brought him up to be something like a older brother regardless if she was born a few seconds younger

If they were born a year apart things would be a bit diffrent

The one about the ghosts in the convenience store is immediately coming to mind for me

>Gravity Falls has multiple episodes with ghosts
>None of them are cute girls

>Implying Disney would give him control back after the way he jumped ship on them last time.
If Disney ever wants to start up Gravity Falls again, they’ll do so with Hirsch’s, and considering how often he reused the same Pining plots for both Dipper and Mable and how burnt out he was halfway through the second season, it would probably be better that way.

If you think Gravity Falls would be anything but a pile of poop without Hirsch, you're delusional.
There's a reason Disney gave him virtually free reign over it, including when to stop making it.

The most underrated would almost certainly have to be Boss Mabel. I've seen a shockingly large amount of hate for that very good if not great episode, some even say it's their least favorite.
Not even Not What He Seems? Really?

Giffany was kind of like a ghost, and she was cute enough.

>Implying Hirsch is the only person the Mouse has ever recently had who is capable of making Decent stories
It’s looking like you’re the delusional one here buddy.

Hirsch is the only showrunner to make a decent, let alone great, cartoon in the 2010s. Period.

So your greentext there is probably true too.

It was a pile of poop with him.

Ah, so you are delusional. Ok then.

i loved the show. it was the weirdmageddon trilogy, romance plots, and mabel that i didn't like

He's doin detective pikachu.

Mabel's a sack-a-shit who nearly killed her entire family and didn't even feel the need to say sorry.

Would you honestly watch a show without any conflict?

Mabel is just a child after all maybe you can cut her some slack?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOKz5zCgs8

Note "didn't even feel the need to say sorry"

i thoroughly loved this show. It was original, the gags were funny, characters were all oddballs but lovable, voice acting was on point, antagonist was cool as shit (a little underwhelming tho)

Mabel is cute.

>i thoroughly loved this show. It was original, the gags were funny, characters were all oddballs but lovable, voice acting was on point, antagonist was cool as shit (a little underwhelming tho)
This user gets it.

Are they you, by any chance?

The cutest little heartless demon child I've even seen.

nah m8

I think I prefer their AU selves

Yes and just like most children she is an assholes

But it's your job as a "grown-up" to forgive and forget

If you even have children you will have to learn this lesson very quickly

I think I would've just prefered if she'd apologized in-show. That would've been far more satisfying.

Typically conflict ought to come from Villians. With friends like her who needs enemies?
>Mabel is just a child after all maybe you can cut her some slack?
She wanted to imprision the entire town, including her brother, in a never ending time loop. Even neglecting that it was actually Bill in disguise and she gave away other people’s possessions Tim do so, that’s far beyond the limit of slack.

Stop making me want to a 12 year old girl

Give in to your lolicon desires

On a related note, I think it would've been better narratively had Mabel knowingly made a deal with Bill

>Would've give Bill a reason to hold up his end of the deal instead of just killing her, assuming he has to follow through with hand-shaking deals
>Would've been a lot harder to try to excuse Mabel from character development and needing to apologize
>Wouldn't have been out of character since Mabel's not exactly bright
>Wouldn't have wasted potentially interesting "anybody could be possessed, even a major character!" plot only to just have it be somebody who only appeared twice
>Would've had a neat thematic thing where every Pines member shakes hands with Bill during the show

I mean, why didn't they do it that way?

Live and let die Bro

youtube.com/watch?v=784k3EEuZYA

>I think I prefer their AU selves

Maybe.

Get some taste.

Pacifica is better.

By the time you're 13 you should have enough empathy developed to know that you're not supposed to cause the end of the world or have your family killed

What?

I just liked all the nice and cute westaboo art

>you cant criticize a shows direction unless you have legal rights

It’s funny how your image tries to take the maturity highground when it probably only exists because some user got buttblasted at people having options that didn’t line up with his, and that the only argument it could come up with is “well you can’t do anything about it”