Explain to me why this deserves an oscar, Sup Forums

Explain to me why this deserves an oscar, Sup Forums.

Joke of a movie
Joke of an award

It's a pretty nice brother bonding movie. That kind of plot hasn't been done as the major focus of an animated film in a long while.

It doesn’t deserve two threads

Meanwhile, this also ate up a nomination and no one gives a fuck.

Because the academy doesn't give two fucks about animated films. Also, both of the Lego movies that came out SUCKED.

The whole category was made to stop exceptional animated films (Beauty and the Beast) from getting Best Picture nominations

Because Academy members watched it with their kids and they liked it.

>son wants to see a movie with dad
>rather make phone calls
Living the dream.

It had better art direction then Captain Underpants and even had 2D bits.

I doubt even 30% of the replies this thread will get will be by people who actually saw the movie.

I saw the movie and it was crap. It had good animation and some creative directing, but that couldn't save a dumpsterfire concept that was doomed to suck from the get-go.

It was actually good... except the hedgehogs.

redheads.

Because girls need strong role models. You don't want girls to not have strong role models, do you?

But they have Nicki Minaj.

They need more.

(((Disney)))

Why though? Does the academy feel threatened by cartoons or something?

It's full of old people and film snobs that on average hate movies that aren't slow and 99% dialogue about British people and probably WW2.

his head looks like it's the shape of a hamburger.
or maybe i'm just hungry.

IMAGINE BEING AT COMPUTERS

Boomers really are the cause everything currently wrong with society, aren't they?

It really did have some good effects on the cityscape, clouds, that fractal effect in the portal dimension. Deserved it for the technical aspects at least. Utterly gorgeous.

One name

Alec Baldwin

The academy is so against animation that James Cameron through a huge fit saying Avatar didn't use animation

Over Captain Underpants? Lego Batman?

No, not everything.
Millenials and Gen Z are also to blame.

Boss Baby wasn't bad. It's way more original and fresh than current disney movies.
People who call it a piece of shit have obviously not watched it.

Wasn't Avatar trying to be realistic though, with any CGI effects looking as realistic as possible? Why do moviegoers have such a fetish for hyperrealism anyway? I thought movies were all about fantasy and escaping from reality.

BABY. POTUS.

nuff said

Holy mother of god. Is this real?

>"Let's just say it moved me... TO A BIGGER HOUSE!"

Because nobody voting actually gives a shit about this category, and BB made a lot of money so it's the one they actually saw.

Academy members don’t watch cartoons or respect them as an art form. They vote for what their grandchildren bought toys for this year.

It was trying to look real, and used real motions from real actors, but Avatar STILL used a large team of animators to turn the motion capture data into beautiful blue furries. Cameron really did his production team a disservice by ignoring and downplaying all their work

good to know they aren't paid for this

>Half of them admit Frozen is pretty good
>The others don't care
>One feels the need to point out he's MATURR
Who gives a shit about these? The rest of the categories are probably ridden with these problems, too.

you know what
tomorrow
im gonna watch the boss baby
and im gonna actually contribute
to these fucking threads i see everywhere

this is Sup Forums
by the way

Why are "strong women who don't need no man" roles models.
do they want not want women to be mothers?

Also jews

yes, over both.

Does it really matter that much? feels like a pointless distinction to make when Space Dandy was made with American viewership in mind.

>favorite is Despicable Me 2

what? How? This is like anti cinematography? how can anyone stand in judgment of animated features with this shit taste?

you talk as if everything would be fine
if the lines between boards suddenly disappeared
if all the roodypoos on this site started rubbing elbows together
as if the peace that exists here happened accidentally
and nobody cares who posts what where
you're wrong kid

Didn't Up and Toy Story 3 get nominated anyway?

I respect the abstainees for being honest.

wow that is the most banal typical politician quote I've ever read, though not shocking coming from such a shitty leader

This. Both it and Captain Underpants are really decent, and the visuals in Boss Baby can get really nice. The 2d ninja scene, the pirate ship battle, and the zombie scene, and a few others are all extremely fun.

I believe Captain Underpants has better art direction in general since it goes above and beyond to frame individual shots like 2d illustrations, but Boss Baby is definitely still impressive.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. The concept is silly so the movie is bad? Boss Baby has the kind of concept that you'd see in a 50's Disney short, like The Little Blue Car (and visually hearkens back to that style of animation.)

agreed

This film was actually original and decent. A couple run-on jokes, but not overly done like almost all other Dreamwork Films.

Most scenes were done well, and the mannerisms, expressions, and behavior coming from the Boss Baby were downright hilarious and well thought out.

The story ended with a "safe" climax and enemy, but the entire process in getting to that point and through it were very comedic in themselves.

I give this a solid 7. Most vulgar thing you will witness is the nude baby's bottom. For a Dreamworks film, the vulgarity was incredibly toned down, I was surprised.

It's a fun movie, with great character development. I recommend. Watch it with your kid or a younger sibling. Hell, watch it on your own.

I'll agree on certain aspects of the movie were endearing and fun. It's hardly worth a Oscar nod. If I was choosing a pick mine would be Nerdland, tho technically it was released in '16.

why the fuck is number 1 even there? fuck you I hope your son dies before you.