Congratulations, BatCat and WonderSteve and butthurt SuperWonder shippers, you've successfully broken Liam Sharp

Congratulations, BatCat and WonderSteve and butthurt SuperWonder shippers, you've successfully broken Liam Sharp.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/11/16/a-classic-title-featuring-wonder-woman-and-batman-returns-to-dc-comics/?utm_term=.0e2667ff5c86
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying I know who that is or who any of the current artists working for DC are

What if my reason for being down on the book is it feeling like a cool Wondy story got Batman shamelessly crammed in it?

the ending with "grr" might be the gayest thing I've read in a while

>Liam Sharp

Who?

You're in one of the three groups named.

Good.

Wonderbats is a cancer that needs to be purged.

>’just possible’ for people - even fictional people - to have multiple relationships before they get married.
>And some do even after.
What a cuck

Yeah, I pretty sure that is even legal grounds for divorce according to the law.

Former artist on Wonder Woman. Has a new Brave and the Bold mini starting next month.

My issue is Brave and the Bold being wasted on a Wondy/Batman arc instead of showcasing all corners of the DCU.

Good, what a bitch.

I do wonder though when will people in the industry realize that shipping, especially big two shipping, is serious business. They would save themselves a lot of trouble if they knew that people take characters relationships with other characters really personal

Relationships between big names like that really should be an editorial mandate or something that you need permission to do. Because it affects both characters and can potentially fuck up other writer's books.

So if the comic were titled differently you'd have no problem at all..?

Yeah, if it was just Batman/Wonder Woman it would be fine.

>And some do even after.
Isn't this sort of the crux of the complaint? No one is denying that it happens, it's just kind of shitty for it to...

Whatever King is doing in Batman, has never had anything to do with what Sharp is doing in HIS book. Yet people have been shitting on BatB since it was announced simply because it features Batman and Wonder Woman.

I honestly feel bad for him. He was just a guy that wanted to write a story of two parts of the trinity that doesn't get a lot of focus and shitty Tom King threw him under the bus just to sell his shitty verison of BATCAT. BM//WW can have a friendly teamup book, but King wrote his shitty issue just to piss off BATCAT,Selinafags and WW just so he could kill BM//WW even though BM//WW are not even a thing, haven't been one for almost ten years AND had no signs of being one currently in the comics. That level of austism is honestly sad. Hope King get fired for being the hack that he is.

Twitter should at most be used to advertise your stuff but not to interact with people because they can get fucking batshit crazy.

Sharp should just put his art out there and not acknowledge anyone at all, people will make asses of themselves and those who like his stuff will buy it.

Also shippers be crazy.

Is there anyone in comics who successfully does this? Uses Twitter to say "hey, buy my stuff" and ignores all of the bullshit that comes with giving people such a direct means of contacting and affecting you?

Shippers are cancer, hopefully once creators get the memo that they can't pander to autists and their pairings the better we can all move on from it

>instead of showcasing all corners of the DCU.

Then it wouldn't sell.

If they aren't hooking up then that's all you really needed to say.

Pro tip for writers: bad ships can ruin books. If its a character people actually like it can really shit on them too.

I don't like WW, but I'm sure her fanbase wouldn't appreciate her being a homewrecker.

The character should be a morally good person, unless otherwise noted by past behaviors.

>Shippers are cancer that needs to be purged.
You know that creators will lead the way.

He said there was going to be "a nod" to the WonderBat ship and people were immediately trashing him and the book. He went into damage control and said the nod was just a silly little moment, and that his Diana is definitely with Steve. Apparently that wasn't good enough, because for some people Batman and Wonder Woman appearing in a story together is enough reason to get upset.

So now he's cut the nod entirely and says he wishes he'd never said anything.

They mostly seem to be the ones that line up to suck that shipping dick. Whatever the fans want. Even if it's retarded.

Got the screenshot? I wanna see how that entire shitstorm started.

So Wonderbatfags lose their nod to a romance that wasn't a thing for what 10 years to autist on twitter.
But complete character assassination of WW is a-ok.
It's really not hard to see why comics are dying

Social media was and always will be a big mistake because it give idiots a voice.

Who gives a shit what that second rate EVS thinks.

No one. Just stop harassing the poor guy over your muh ship and grow up.

>But complete character assassination of WW is a-ok.
I mean, that's been going on for a long time, user. We're all sadly just kinda used to Diana being shat on by now.

>wanted to write a story of two parts of the trinity that doesn't get a lot of focus
Y'know, there's a good reason it doesn't get a lot of focus. Diana and Bruce simply are not friends. They have no common ground, they don't share any interests, they don't interact with each other outside of work. If this really was meant as a Wonder Woman and Batman story(which I still don't buy for a second), then it's inherently pointless. There's nothing there to explore.

There was nothing to explore for most heroes teamups. Batman and Superman had nothing to do with each other until someone expanded on their relationship dynamic too, dummy. Saying BM//WW can't be a team because there isn't much to their current dynamic, when purpose of the book is going to explore their dynamic is fucking dumb. All team ups had to start from somewhere unless they were designed to be one from the start. Also with all the shit Batman been through he fits pretty much with everyone, whether it's Horror with Swamp thing, Scifi with Superman or magic with Zatanna. Also this contrast might just be the thing that will make their team up interesting. Conflicting worlds and views almost always makes the most interesting dynamics.

I think this may have been the most recent example of the pattern, in which Liam tweets about the book and gets a negative response and dismissal. He's been dealing with shit like this since the announcement and WaPo article.

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/11/16/a-classic-title-featuring-wonder-woman-and-batman-returns-to-dc-comics/?utm_term=.0e2667ff5c86

>“There’s a moment [between Batman and Wonder Woman] in it. It’s more of a nod than anything else,” Sharp said. “I fell very much in love with the Steve and Diana story during the series with Greg. We felt like we gave him a certain richness to his personality that perhaps he’d lacked somewhat previously. There was a sense that the fanbase said this is right and this is how it should be. So I don’t want to spoil that. That’s the [Wonder Woman] that we created and that’s the dynamic that we created, but at the same time there is a [romantic] nod [to Batman].”

After that article came out, responses went from "'a romantic nod'?!? WonderBat lives! is there sexual tension between them?!?" from the WonderBat shippers, to "'a romantic nod'?!? the fuck's wrong with you Sharp, Diana's with Steve, Bruce is with Selina, this book's an instant pass". Sharp responded on Twitter saying "romantic" was added by the interviewer, he supports WonderSteve, it's JUST a nod so it's okay, give him a chance, etc...

It's been like that since November, and I'd wager that since last week's Batman #39 it's gotten worse because now he's tweeting about how he wrote this story last summer and there's no scheme to coordinate with King's story.

Clark and Bruce got the World's Finest thing going relatively early, and folks are just used to it now. It's been almost 80 years, and only now someone thought "Hey, maybe someone ought to explore Wonder Woman's relationship with other characters.". Fuck that, it's far too late now. Nobody gives a shit, never have, and never will.

>It's going to be EPIC!
Kill yourself, Sharp, you fucking retard. Nobody with any self-respect uses that word unironically. Get some dignity.

Also, there's no way this idiot actually wants to tell a story about Wonder Woman and Batman. He said it himself, that this is more about making a tribute to his dad.

you can set it so that you don't get notifications from people you don't follow.
so its essentially like those idiots are shouting into the void and you won't see it.

>they're not an item in my new series
>people have other relationships before they get married
which is it, faggot?

WILL ONE OF YOU FAGGOT FUCKING MODS DELETE THESE FUCKING TWITTER THREADS.

GOD DAMN IT I'M SO SICK OF THIS FUCKING WEBSITE. I GUARANTEE IF THERE WAS AN ALTERNATIVE THAT WASN'T EQUALLY CANCER-RIDDEN THIS PLACE WOULD BE GONE IN A MONTH

SELL THE SITE TO GOOGLE ALREADY AND STOP WASTING OUR FUCKING GODDAMN TIME WITH YOUR LAZINESS.

Shipping is the biggest cancer in all mediums. Autism at it's finest.

Literally the only people who complained about SuperWonder was Sup Forums. Specifically butthurt WWfags.

Thanks god I stopped caring

What the fuck, wasting someone based on greek/roman mythology on irish mythology why the fuck should i give a shit, just look at doctor druid celtic mythology is garbage and so is anything based off it
>paddy mcguiness got drunk xD
that's irish shitology. I wish the fucking island snk so I don't have to hear people weebing out on ireland. who gives a shit about drunks and leprechauns. literally any country has better myths or stories. Why go for the autistic child of europe that makes uganda look like krypton. I don't wanna see batman nursing a ginger retard out of a hangover

>Y'know, there's a good reason it doesn't get a lot of focus. Diana and Bruce simply are not friends. They have no common ground, they don't share any interests, they don't interact with each other outside of work. If this really was meant as a Wonder Woman and Batman story(which I still don't buy for a second), then it's inherently pointless. There's nothing there to explore.

>They have no common ground, they don't share any interests, they don't interact with each other outside of work
Don't they both try to rehabilitate their villains, or does WW just kill people now?
Dick and Donna were really close, but other than their connection between family members, you are right that they don't interact much. They have helped each other out in their solo books, but that was limited because editorial didn't want their characters to be used a lot by other offices. Now that WW is under the Bat-office, more appearances could happen (like this very book).

The solution to all this bullshit is just don't pay attention to social media.

Wait, Sup Forums went on Twitter?

>rehabilitate villains
when was the last time bruce tried to do that for a major baddie?
most of the time he goes full vengeance lately

Clayface is on the Detective Comics team right now (though that is falling apart as of last issue), and he tried to talk down the Gotham duo at the beginning of King's run. He failed to stop the brother, but then spent the next two arcs trying to rehabilitate and fix Gotham Girl

Batcat is a cancer .

>major baddie
>gotham duo
Come on, now.

Most writers forget Diana even has villains.
Case and point.

>calling Ireland autisic
>being that idiot who thinks Wondy should only ever do greek myth stuff
No user, you are the autists.

>It's to late

You are an idiot. There is no such thing as too late. Most character traits didn't become things until way later after their first conception. Just stop pretending that concept is the problem you have with it and not some other petty biasness. Also everytime you post you sound more and more like an casual.

Does Clayface not count as a major baddie anymore?

It IS too late. Nobody gives a flying rats ass about Wonder Woman's relationship with other heroes. Hell, most people don't give a flying rats ass about Wonder Woman, so there's even less point to this story. If anyone actually cared, this story would've been told a long time ago.

>all corners of the DCU
Nobody gives a shit about the corners of the DCU. Most people barely care about whats going on in the middle of it

I only raised an objection on the gotham duo, can't you read? clayface is ok, decent attempt at rehabilitating

You can't generalize the interest of what people MAY have, based on something that never have happened before. Batman and Wonder Woman never had a team up book, so you don't KNOW if the audience out there has an interest for it. Also you can't play the "if people cared they would have done it before" because if that was the case the stories, dynamic, and character traits would have been clear early in their creation, yet worlds, characters and personalities have been ever changing since they have been created. The fact that it never have been done before usually is the reason why writers and companies make new stories in the first place. Now go back to your cartoons.

Morrison, Gaiman and and some of the older comic writers avoid drama even when the fans get triggered by then.

Turning off notifications does wonders.

Not true, I don't give a rat's ass about the Trinity but I've found the issues where she interacts with Aquaman or other heroes interesting and those are rare.

Diana needs to be in a team without the World's Finest and make relationships with other heroes.

Come on Diana, we both know that's not why.

>can't you read
You never mentioned anything about Clayface, and only focused on the two OC's, so I was under the impression that you couldn't read.

>Are not an item
>Multiple relationships before they get married. And some do after.
Yeah that doesn't sound contradictory.

Also what kind of faggot ends a Tweet with "Grr" unironically?

>muh ireland
Fuck off sperg. why don't you move to that shitty muddy pile of grass if you like it so much?

>You can't generalize the interest of what people MAY have, based on something that never have happened before.
In this case, you absolutely can. Again, nobody cares about Wonder Woman, therefore they don't care about how she interacts with other characters. Hell, the only reason Sharp is even doing this is because of his old man.

>I've found the issues where she interacts with Aquaman or other heroes interesting and those are rare.
The only time that's happened was in that one Aquaman annual. 'Rare' is putting it generously.

And in her own comic, and in some JL issues.

>The only time that's happened was in that one Aquaman annual.
Not true. They used to interact in JLA before Joe Kelly came along.

>Again, nobody cares about Wonder Woman
Angry Carolfag is angry.

Bullshit, I've read plenty of WW comics, and Joe Kelly's JLA. Diana and Auther barely acknowledge each others existence.

Nah, mate. Don't even start with fandom bullshit. It took this long for her to get on the silver screen, and still hasn't had an animated series. Don't even get me started on how nobody reads her book, or even knows anything about her other than she exists. She's currently even being pushed out of her own title by the New Gods. It's an objective fact that nobody cares about Wonder Woman.

Oh man, there's at least one old BatB issue that would piss off everyone today.
Issue #78 involves Diana and Babs pretending to be in love with Batman as part of a greater plan, then they fall madly in love with him after a fake-kiss because this was the height of Batmania

>Don't even get me started on how nobody reads her book
It sold better than Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and half of the Avengers and X-Men books for a year straight. It currently sells 3 times better than "Captain Marvel".

Do people care about those characters?

Then you didn't read enough

>It sold better than Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and half of the Avengers and X-Men books for a year straight
What year was that, 1942? Oh wait, Cap predates her and was running at the time, so your claim is literally impossible.

>What year was that, 1942?
2017. But nice try, Carolfag.

It was during the Waid JLA era, and hinted at by other writers at the time like Loeb; check the two-issue arc Ben Raab did before Jimenez took over WW.

Basically amounted to "they're both royalty figures from ancient mythical kingdoms, and they don't have secret identities, they want to bone." Which is pretty much the justification everyone uses when pairing Aquaman and Wonder Woman, even shippers.

>Basically amounted to "they're both royalty figures from ancient mythical kingdoms, and they don't have secret identities, they want to bone."
Of course it's shipping faggotry. Because apparently, there is literally no other type of relationship that can possibly exist between two people besides wanting to fuck.

There are many types of cultural autism, but this is easily one of the more obnoxious subjects.

I know, expecting people to read comics? On Sup Forums? OP should've spoonfeed us that, instead of e.g. expecting us to google that ourselves!

>No one cares about WW
That's why her movie was such a big hit right? That's why people are having stupid shipping wars on twitter right? That's why faggots like you always get BTFO in WW related threads, where they post shit they clearly don't know anything about. Fuck off dude.

Those crazy Superman/Wonder Woman shippers are pure cancer.

>That's why her movie was such a big hit right?
You mean that movie that everyone says is mediocre swill? The one that only grossed 800mil? Yeah, okay.

If people care sooooooo much about Wonder Woman, how come nobody knows a damn thing about her? Why is there not a single person who knows who her supporting cast or rogues are? Because no one gives a shit, that's why.

Also, twitter wars are no indication of anything except that Twitter still exists.

BatSteve is the true OTP

Don't you know, user? Comics are for nerds!

Divorce exists, guys. Some people are even married multiple times over the course of their life. Shocking, I know.

>You mean that movie that everyone says is mediocre swill?
Is this what we call "punching the reality"?

Are you new? Literally everytime the movie comes up, a thousand motherfuckers show up to shit on it.

>the world isn't binary
But...yes it is?

>shippers are cancer

No shit, water is also wet

Blame tumblr and TVTropes