It's been over a year now, what are your thoughts on Rebirth so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40Pvi1XVm_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

From the stuff I've read it's been pretty great so far. To bad still no Billy.

I liked it. Reading more now than ever before.

dropped to:
action comics/Superman
Deathstroke
new super-man
Mister miracle

enjoying new super-man and Deathstroke more than the others

Worst period for DC quality wise.

What don't you like about it?

I liked how they made the green arrow lore have classic elements but still have a new status quo

started with 9 titles down to 2.

but of course, most of it is nostalgia fuel for post-crisis fags

Rebirth proper is about the same as before. I like their new imprints a lot though.

How many marvel books are you reading though?

4, 3 with the end of gwenpool

It's definitely better than New52 was.

Reading any of Young Animal?

Different user but loving Doom Patrol and Bug is pretty good from what I've read.

Ambush Bug?

Objectively wrong.

No. It's Forager from the New Gods.

No
No

Loving it except

>Still no Billy (despite him being in the Justice League roster right before Rebirth #1)
>Martian Manhunter inexplicably missing (Batman tells an alien bounty hunter MM is missing)
>Cyborg still being a thing

>inexplicably
Didn't read his last solo?

Manhunter showed up in Priest's Justice League for a bit.

Cave Carson is great, even if the art leaves something to be desired. It's not bad, it's just an odd style, though he does get the trippy parts good.
I initially picked it up for the Tom Scioli backup, but the actual book was wonderful.

Damn, ambush bug is great but gets no love

I'm still buying
Superman
New Super-Man, and I guess the JLC now
and Titans.
I might try some more books if Guardians gets canceled after Infinity Countdown.

Started off buying Hal n Pals, Deathstroke and New Super-man, those are still the books I'm currently buying plus a couple minis

Rebirth has done some solid stuff but nothing truly impressive

Sauce??

Admittedly I did not. I skipped the vast majority of Nu52. Care to explain or post pages???

oh you again

Jonn is in a bad place emotionally. That's worse for him being a psychic shape shifter.

I think it was flashbacks in Justice League though.

Ok yeah, I saw the flash backs, even his costume being hung up on The Button arc.

What issues??

Didn't really deliver on the fundamental premise it set out with. The entire universe feels like it's being held hostage for Johns to finally finish his dumb Watchmen retread.

youtube.com/watch?v=40Pvi1XVm_s

All-Star Western > anything Rebirth

>extended Shazam family
>bunch of Bat people
>Green Lanterns everywhere
>several Flash speedsters
>Robins running around
>collection of Super folk

There's even a couple of amazons for Wonder Woman. Not sure if this is a good thing.

Mediocre.
If nu52 was "look at how NEW and DIFFERENT things are BUY IT", Rebirth has been "look at how CLASSIC and NOSTALGIC things are BUY IT"

The worst and the biggest creative void era in the history of DC. Nothing is original Deathstroke is the only readable book. The rest is objectively shit. It is mostly pandering to redditors, people who think Johns' GL and JSA are some sort of achievements in the medium, DCAUfags and CWfags.
Pic related being considered a modern great in this era shows how much capeshit has fallen. We went from Morrison, Moore, Milligan, Delano, Miller to fucking Peter Tomasi. Even the good writers don't want to contribute creatively to the big two now that they're seeing how Moore's properties are being treated. They would rather write a movie pitch for Image.

>Deathstroke is the only readable book.

>We went from Morrison, Moore, Milligan, Delano, Miller to fucking Peter Tomasi
My God the pretentiousness level of this shit user

its all been so mediocre
beyond deathstroke what standout comics are there?

>>Green Lanterns everywhere
wait what, nothing else there are 2 books of green lantern and they are literally very apart from all the main shit that happens.

Jessica and Simon.

¿? What is the complaint? That they be part of the JL? The truth considering that hal and pals is 98% of the time in space and they are almost always on earth makes sense. It's not like they did crossovers with superman, they had their own event or something.
>Not like SuperDaddy

They didn't say they were complaining.

Fuck off, shill. Rebirth is literally the best comics have been in the past 20 years. Marvel at their BEST can't compete with Rebirth at its worst. The Rebirth one-shot blew the FUCK out of the Legacy one-shot. Every Rebirth book is great, while every Legacy book is shit. Most of the books that Marvelfags were hyping up as the best shit ever like SJWpool and America are cancelled while Rebirth has only had one cancellation so far. Metal is easily one of the best, most bombastic, hypest, and most entertaining events of the past decade meanwhile Secret Empire was literally Drumpf: The Comic. And the final, killing fucking blow: while Marvel is doing a lazy retread of Infinity Gauntlet, DC is doing innovative, groundbreaking, creator-driven and masterfully crafted masterwork with Doomsday Clock which made more money than any Marvel book could possibly make (since most of those books are overshipped anyways so they don't even break even).

It's those marvelshills again. They're just mad that they couldn't keep their golden boy Bendis and DC signed him for a steal from right under their noses.

>Every Rebirth book is great,

I know you're trolling but come on man

New Super-Man and Red Hood are better than Memestroke

It’s had some good runs. I enjoyed Superman, Green Lanterns, New Super-Man, Super Sons, and Deathsroke. It had some ok/mediocre runs like Trinity, Detective Comics, and Flash. And some bad stuff like Superwoman(goddamn that twist), Bluebeetle, Batgirl (seriously, Batgirl needs a complete shake-up).

Second issue of Priest's run. One-panel flashback.

The grass is always greener. It's much more stable and consistent than New 52, but I'm buying less ongoings and tradewaiting a whole bunch of minis. I hope they keep going in this direction though, just need to keep improving the creative teams and the books they're on.

Objectively wrong.

>golden boy Bendis
I don't even know how to respond to this

Better than new52, but i can`t care about most of titles.
>All-Star Western > anything Rebirth
Baby`s first western. Go read punisher max.
>New Super-Man
Writing is good, but art is shit.

Superman and Action have had some interesting moments. Flash is decent in most cases, and written by someone who cares more than Venditti about previous continuity, but it's still a "Barry retreading Wally's stories" run. Also, this whole "post-Final Crisis Barry Allen sucks at life" thing needs to change. He wasn't sucky before COIE, why should he suck so hard now? Deathstroke has been good in my eyes. Mister Miracle has been a fairly interesting take on things, despite the "not muh" it seems to get. Humphries did pretty well on Green Lanterns, but I haven't read all of his run yet. New Super-Man has been cool. Titans has been okay, but only okay. I wanted more for Wally, considering he was a big "Hey, we brought a character back fans wanted" type thing. Beyond that, I haven't read much beyond a few scattered issues of other things.

Rebirth is over. No books have that banner anymore. Its just normal DC now. How do you not understand this?

it's still better than anything Rebirth

I'm at the point where I'm skimming most books aside from Deathstroke, Green Arrow and Justice League

Loving rebirth. My current pull is:

Action Comics
Aquaman
Batman
Batman and the signal
Batman white knight
Batwoman
Blue beetle
Deadman
Deathstroke
Demon
Detective Comics
Flash
Green arrow
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps
Hellblazer
Justice League
Justice league of America
Mister miracle
New super-man
Nightwing
Ragman
Red hood and the outlaws
Suicide Squad
Superman
Super sons
Teen Titans
Titans
Trinity
Cave Carson
Doom Patrol
Mother panic
Shade thechanging girl
Dark knights metal
Doomsday Clock

Will be picking up:
Sideways
Immortal men
The terrifics
Brimstone
The unexpected
New challengers

Gr8 b8 m8.

Love it or hate it, DC is on point from a business perspective. They know what the most popular characters are and are focusing on them. They give plenty of love to the other popular characters and slowly branch out and testing the waters for new ongoings. Events don't interfere with comics that long so even delayed comics like Metal and the Doomsday Clock maxiseries will be mostly self contained. This doesn't disrupt sales and even boost them, like the Metal tie ins did.

The next phase is getting in on Marvel's territory and invoking some of 90s Image by featuring artists. Marvel is slowly turning things around so it'll be interesting if they can get things back to normal before DC steals a lot of angered fans. The financial difference between DC and Marvel is nearly gone.

I understand the disappointment many readers have had. They were teased and promised characters and comics and are left with plot holes and unfulfilled obligations. Blame Johns, I'm sure he'll take the blame anyway. New 52 was new reader friendly and shook things up. Rebirth is friendly for older readers and is playing it safe.

I think Rebirth looks fine. I'm glad that DC is getting rid of all the grimdark influence of edgy writers like Moore and Gaiman.

I took the bait for all the Pre-Flashpoint continuity coming back, and Wally.

In some ways it's good, and in some others disappointing.

The only book I can say I truly hate is King's batman.

What I really dislike, though, is that they are taking SO. FUCKING. LONG. to explain the continuity shenanigans and finally bring back those lost years.

Superman Reborn was a mistake, Wally being basically ignored by everyone is a mistake (hopefully this will change in Flash Annual and going forward). The 3 Jokers not being addressed already is a big mistake. Doomsday Clock being a Watchmen sequel (instead of a cosmic adventure featuring past and alternative timelines) is a huge fucking mistake.

I enjoy the ongoing stories, the minis, etc, but for me there are just too many things left unadressed.

It's alright. They were smart by cutting all the no-name characters and focusing their energy on characters people recognize and know. I think only Blue Beetle and Deathstroke were the books without a movie or tv show or ties to bigger franchises, but most of the books themselves were average to bad.

dropped

Deathstroke
Detective Comics

I'm still buying

Supersons
Superman
Red hood and the outlaws

magic's over and the cracks have shown. Metal has become bloated and too long, Watchmen and Promethea is being misused. Jurgens, (supes) Orlando, (JLA) King,(Bats) and to some extent Priest (JL) has been misassigned. Its still a net gain but not as good as I would want,

>Jurgens (Supes,) Orlando (JLA,) King (Bats,) and to some extent Priest (JL)

That's how you would type that. Why would you ever think it would be typed the way you did it?

Can Red Hood shills fuck off? "muh comfy family adventre" doesn't equate to a good comic

He's using truth to b8 you

Marvel got even worse after bendis leaving so...

Don't worry, everything is clearly going to be reset again after Doomsday Clock

I’m mad that GL HC was cancelled

I say the same thing about Superman/Supersons fans

He hasn't even left yet, he still has books being published.

>from a business perspective
Sales are down overall from 2016. You cab pat them on the back all you want but they're can ibalizing the medium and all their top comics are just Batman. Right now, the continuity is a mess despite the fact that its the entire selling point of the line, and then you get creatively bankrupt ideas like Watchmen 2 from creators that should stick to simple action series. They've also killed their imprints so if you don't like big dumb superhero comics then you're shit out of luck. I guess they've stolen some fans from Marvel because Marvel drove them away but they're basically recycling the same old comic book buyers and Marvel's been dogshit for several years so its not quality they were starved of or else they would have switched sooner, they're just fed up with the forced diversity shit and thus is their way of punishing Marvel.
>invoking some of 90s Image
Such a brilliant idea...
I wouldn't .Ind it if DC and Marvel crash the industry again and the only comics left are self published stuff and OGNs and stuff from Drawn and Quarterly and First Second... Basically, I wouldn't mind it if circumstances would make it impossibles/very hard for all these mediocre """creators""" to get work.

>He's using truth
Sure he is

pretty much about as much sjw shit as before where women are always right and always shown as superior to men while all the white men are cuck losers
plus sexy pictuers of women is still considered "hate speech" and not featured by sjw dc
not to mention almost every comic having some trans or faggot shit

Out of the books I still get:

Good tier:
Action Comics
Batman
Justice League

Okay tier:
Superman
Detective Comics

Chopping block tier:
The Hellblazer

Already dropped tier:
JLA

Misc tier:
Mister Miracle (good)
BM: White Knight (good)
Doom Patrol (okay)

Was thinking of picking up Wonder Woman and Trinity when my two mini-series finish. Are they worthwhile?