Why is almost all LGBT representation in cartoons lesbians, while gay men get ignored?

Why is almost all LGBT representation in cartoons lesbians, while gay men get ignored?

Because you're ignorant.

Lesbians are hot

A bunch of buzzcut dykes who hate men are not hot

It's fiction. They can make the lesbians look more attractive than they are in real life.

Lesbians get less backlash because

Because it requires writers and animators willing to write and animate gay men.

Gay men are still seen as sexual deviants with weekly orgies. Lesbians, like the women they are, tend to prefer one partner & thus are seen as more stable.

That's easy

Because most writers are men, most writers are pervs, and no one writes homosexual characters to appeal to homosexual audiences. They write them because they find girl on girl hot

One as hot, the other's gay.

The lesbians in fictional stuff aren't buzzcut dykes.

They still act like it, look at PB

uh, cause that shit's gay?
duh

jews definitely shove cultural marxism like homosexuality in media to genocide whites, though

Back to Sup Forums

>jews definitely shove cultural marxism like homosexuality in media to genocide whites, though
I like guys out of no influence from media. Stop harping on jews and focus on the real problem, white guilt self righteous rich whites

>jews
>white

guys want lesbians and girls who support gays want lesbians, and it's easier to make a tomboy girl likeable than a sissy guy

Alot of these people in power are white people and not jewish. And no matter what you say, jews are still caucasian, therefore white

>I've never been to a college campus
girls at their most experimental

Remember when Mods existed, and dumb, poorly veiled sociopolitical threads like these weren't allowed outside of Sup Forums?

>caucasian, therefore white
arabs are white now? hmm

Are you kidding me? If you even touch a girl or ask her out they will claim harassment and ruin your life. They hate men so much that they want to belittle us inot social pariahs and think straight sex is equivalent to rape.

This is a criticism about modern cartoons you log sucking faggot

only bull dykes are not hot. two dykes with a feminine figures making out is still hot

>gay guys are still written as a stereotypical caricature
>bi guys are barely written at all despite being over a quarter of "lgbt"
For writing gay/bi women
>"let's write a lesbian to show how progressive we are"
>"how about bisexual hur dur hot threesome"
For writing gay/bi men
>"lets put a gay guy in"
>"okay but we'll either mention it once and drop it, overdo it and forget the rest of the character"
>"not bi though, I don't think that exists"

>underage b&

incel detected

>point out an actual thing in modern society
>lol underage
Why is some white knight faggot even here?

Nice sexist insult, how tolerant of you

I hate how gay guys always get portrayed as feminine men who think they're princesses. most guys with same sex attraction act basically normal. It's a joke.

To be fair, if the narrative has no real focus on sexuality to begin with, it's hard to really bring that shit up regardless of the character's preferences. In the context of say, an action/adventure where the character isn't actively pursuing a love interest during the story then that kind of information becomes fairly incidental unless the story decides to focus on social politics.

I get it, but writers will actively do it with het pairings and gay/bi women, but there's no relevant equivalent for gay guys, and I've seen less with a bi dude. Like, most comics and cartoons have multiple romantic subplots that aren't necessarily the focus of the plot. I like how they brought it up in bob's burgers where the information enriched his character without actually changing much. I'd just like to see more of it in a variety of ways.

Someone on right here on Sup Forums summed it up well: almost everyone likes lesbians. Even a lot of straight women are attracted to the idea of two naked, oiled up Swedish models rolling around and rubbing on each other. But when people think of gay sex they think of two hairy guys grunting and sweating and a dick going in someone's ass. That's where poop is, and nobody likes the image of poop on a dick. Well, most don't.

Don’t worry OP I’m making a show with a gay male character. Only he looks like a girl. With a penis. And gets fucked by aliens twice his size. I’m all for progress.

hi aco/d

young men like lesbians (fictional), young girls don't mind them or like them. young men hate gays (all), young girls don't mind them or like them but generally want more gay focused stuff if it's that

To add on to this. Lesbians can appeal to straight men and straight women don’t care. Gay guys can only appeal to straight women with most straight men being repulsed.

>tfw most bi guy characters never date other guys or almost always have a strong preference for women

Goddamned fucking fictional characters and their shit taste.

This. All the servers at my local watering hole are college aged girls that are lesbians. They're hot as fuck too.

it gets to the point that I'm sure over half of them are written as "bi"(straight). I'd love to have a show where a guy clearly doesn't have a preference and just flirts/dates with whoever.

Lesbians are worth more points because they check off the female and legbutt boxes simultaneously

And adding dykes to your story is an easy way to shield yourself from criticism and attract legions of idiots to praise your otherwise terrible writing as genius, as seen with Legend of Korra, Steven Universe, Life is Strange and more

please go out somewhere and talk to some normal people

Come on Mr. Neutron, you might have had an argument about gay men being ignored a few years back, but we live in a post Will and Grace world and have access to all kinds of ridiculous Fujoshi bullshit through the internet. Fuck, look at how may gay boards there are on Sup Forums alone.

Poorly played Mr. Neutron, I expected better of you, for some reason.

A question for anyone ITT; is it overkill to have 2 gay characters and two bi characters in a story?
I'm writing a comic series and somehow over time the story went from just having one gay dude to all of this shit and I'm just wondering if it'll seem like pandering/too hamfisted even though there's no muh homophobia storyline.
To be fair though, one of the gay characters is only mentioned in a couple of flashbacks since he's been dead for years and the two bi dudes only end up getting together towards the end because they're old war buddies who were in denial about it/didn't really know what they were feeling for one another and who also hated each other (for unrelated reasons) for 20-30 odd years and only just now have become friends again.

How many LGBT characters is too many?

Because gay men are gross. I mean fuck, they're sticking each other's dicks in their anuses; even the faggiest of faggots has to realize at some point or another in their life that what they're doing is a affront to nature.

Some of them.

That's fine in my opinion, gay and bi guys are more likely to friends with each other or at least know each other

Honestly, you ought to write the story you wanna write. If some Sup Forumslack throws a tantrum over it, so fucking what?

If you're looking for something that isn't Sup Forums you could try Oz but it's a very miserable show (but still very good) and pretty much every other character you come to like will probably die but at least it has bifags being fags. It's very Sup Forums-esque though in the way that it pretty much has comic book tier violence and lots of homo-eroticism so there's that too.

I thought Red Skull hated Hitler for being a total pussy or something along those lines?

I was hoping for something a little more comfy but I'll take a look.
>I might have to relearn how to draw a little and do a short comic myself if I want any of it
>It won't reach many people cause it'd be really faggy but also not /tumblr/

Sex is one of the most natural things there is, user. Sitting on a computer, living in a city, burning fossils and coal for power, driving cars, not being autonomous in any sense of the word, etc., those are all far more unnatural than men fucking.

You get to see prime Chris Meloni spread his asscheeks at one point so there's another selling point if you needed the pot sweetened a little more.

because we're men and it's a hole.
>the dick also impales the prostate which happens to be a major pleasure centre when stimulated.
I'm interested...

>the dick also impales the prostate which happens to be a major pleasure centre when stimulated.

Why did God make the male g-spot in the ass if he didn't want us to fuck each other?
Was he, dare I say, a massive fag?

Men are the gatekeepers of this shit and they think gay people are gross. Lesbians are heretical too, but they're at least hot and guys can daydream about having a threesome with them.

>I like how they brought it up in bob's burgers where the information enriched his character without actually changing much.
What happend?

>Mods
>Doing their jobs

>tfw fitness oriented guy into nerdy shit
>go on Sup Forums and /fit/ too long
>realise I'm bisexual
>shit this could be fun
>Be with a few straight women and have great sex but nothing lasts too long
>Be with a few gay men, great sex but still distant in interests
>tfw can't find a nice fit bi guy to have long chats about weightlifting routines and comicbooks

While it's nice the LGT's get a lot of rep, I feel like people sleep on the bis. Because it's too easy to sell one as straight or gay. Bisexuality isn't half gay/half straight. It's its own thing.

As long as its not their only character trait its okay.

>>bi guys are barely written at all despite being over a quarter of "lgbt"
Technically bi *guys* would be like an 8th of LGBT.

Girls kissing is sexy.

Men kissing is faggy.

/Thread

>Girls kissing is sexy.

So tell me, when two girls kiss which one are you? Or do you just like the idea of your object of desire being taken in front of you. I think there's a word for that.

>Men kissing is faggy.

The male-female power dynamic is a hazardous to the mental health of everyone involved, and usually strips the man of his money and sanity rather quickly.

What's wrong with a pure, understanding, display of love between two dudes. What are you jealous?

>>So tell me, when two girls kiss which one are you? Or do you just like the idea of your object of desire being taken in front of you. I think there's a word for that.

Just enjoying twice the tits and none of the dick, Sup Forumsmrade.

>>The male-female power dynamic is a hazardous to the mental health of everyone involved, and usually strips the man of his money and sanity rather quickly.

No need to project that you're an embittered cuck, we can see it plainly already.

Men, full of testosterone, are more likely to have bad tempers.
Insecure men are also often homophobic as fuck.

Cartoon makers realize they'll have a harder time gaining acceptance from these men than from women, who if bigoted aren't as likely to go out and hurt people.

>young men hate gays (all)

This is entirely an American thing and it's new; I was a 1990s kid and around 2005, gays were achieving acceptance among young people.

Today young men are total homophobes, presumably as they were in the 1970s. What caused it—Sup Forums and South Park?

>embittered
Nothing bitter about me at all. Just acknowledging how much better of a deal men are than women. I can have women when I want, but if I know what's good for me I'll keep them at arm's length.

>Just enjoying twice the tits and none of the dick, Sup Forumsmrade.

But it's a relationship you can never take part in. Pure unattainable escapism.

>But it's a relationship you can never take part in.
>trying to put realism into fantasy.
The appeal is all visual. not every kink is self insert. And if it is the girls are bi.