Itt tropes you love

>villain is a dark reflection and evil counterpart of the hero as well as a narrative foil
>but this is done subtly and thematically rather than going full brainlet and literally giving the villain the same backstory, powers, and appearance as the hero

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The mc lost all hope in everything

>female villain is in love with hero's alter ego

Why does Tron uprising have to get cancelled

>the rival of the MC comes at the last minute and saves him, and battle the villain together seeing they know each others moves their coordination is on point.
>flashbacks for all the epic moves both did to each other as they perform them on the villain, even moves not belonging to them but to the rival/MC
>bonus points for rival's heroic sacrifice

This is done almost exactly like you say with Nerissa and Will, and even Phobos and Elyon to an extent.

Superman and Brainiac.

Superman and Lex Luthor.

Unbreakable was kino

I... hurt myself today. To see if I still feel.

>When user makes another tropes thread
Not even joking, I love these.

>hero is mia
>villain/rival steps in and does a better job
>gloats when the hero returns

>The hero realized that some people can't be saved

shame nobody posts anymore

Not Sup Forums, but Twin Peaks did exactly this in the best way possible.

> hero is smart and outplans his enemies
> villian is smart and outplans his enemies
> hero and villian become obsessed with each other almost immediately upon finding out about them because their ethics and worldview are so alien to each other that they consider them to be a complete mystery.

>weak character in a setting full of powerful individuals survives through their wits and quick thinking

>the situation at hand has gotten so dire that the only solution is to summon an extremely dangerous individual/weapon to handle it and hope they kill each other in the process

Bonus is the solution turns out to be much worse than the original problem and it becomes the new danger the heroes must face.

This is better when the hero does the sacrifice and the rival takes up their mantle.

>longcoat wearing shotgun shooting bible quoting priest fighter

>protagonist is wearing a mask that completely covers their face
>they don't talk much
>they have simple goals
>they still manage to have a lot of personality a be likable

I love the silent badass archetype.

can you post an exemple of this done right?

>Bubbly girl character
>Is competent AND adorable

> protagonist, beaten to a pulp beyond reason and against overwhelming odds, manages to stay on his feet
> he gives a speech about exactly how he is going to save everyone and beat the villian, no matter the odds or the cost to himself
> the speech ends with some varient of "because thats what a hero DOES."

I get hype every time

>Character uses bombs and/or fire to fight
>they’re not a childish maniac about their favorite weapon
It’s rare but it’s nice to see it

>old married couple
>they actually like each other, joke around and go on adventures together

Is it too pure for this bitter world?

Yeah.

>skill trumps strenght

To a reasonable degree at least; I hate it when a twig managed to judo the fuck out of a guy who is too big to be physically possible.

>fight is getting desperate
>the villain is much stronger than any of the heroes
>they can barely hold on
>villain is sneering, arrogant and mighty
>suddenly completely OP hero shows up
>villain is completely screwed without realizing it
>either quickly or slowly, the hero beats them without difficulty

It's just so cathartic.

This get me rock hard when it's done right, no speeches, no "I don't have to save you" just a clear silent moment with communion of the mind and they just let them die.

Yeah,I once read a local comic book about a kid hero that failed to save a baby in pregnancy when i was a kid.Shit got me fucked up

Context? i'm not familiar with this events.

2 things with the general masses
1. no drama, no interest. Simple as it sounds a happy couple isn't going to activate almonds in the masses like to bitter beasts questioning if they should even stay together
2. Most are not happy themselves, which means seeing a happy couple of any age can make them rot inside out in resentment and either avoid the media or actively shit how fair tale and fake it all is

Short of it all:
far off future of 2099
Vulture fucks up a lot of people including some of Spidey's close friends, Vulture is a complete sociopath with no redeeming qualities think Joker without the clown and humor shtick. Spidey has a a triumphant battle and beats his foe as seen in pic, he let's him fall to his death making the world a better place.

>2. Most are not happy themselves, which means seeing a happy couple of any age can make them rot inside out in resentment and either avoid the media or actively shit how fair tale and fake it all is
Do you really think so? Most people nowadays are just not happy?

What is it with latinos and their knack for doing the dirty job regular heroes wouldn't?

somewhere, in a multiverse far from the visible spectrum, batman wakes up and secreams:
NOOOO HE WAS PEOPLE
thanks my friend

Usopp from One Piece is the greatest examples of this

>Do you really think so?
For the most part, there are happy people but both personally, and looking at the data it seems we are abnormalities wanting good fun adventures and high jinks that don't end in fighting, cheating, or just out right back stabbing.
Remember shit like Desperate House wives? It got 8 seasons and 10 million viewers in the 18-24 range, 30 million total. If you have never seen that show it can be summarized as cunts being awful to each other. There is a market for people suffering and it's because most suffer.

I guess that's also the public which liked Rick and Morty season 3.

It's almost certainly why people like it so much, consider one of the least like subplots in the series with most fans is the Beth and Jerry one in Interdenominational Cable. Most fans on reddit and other media despise that and the fact they are back together and happy. They find no joy in seeing people happy because they likely can't even remember what that feels like in dating/marriage assuming they have felt it at all

Shit gets REALLY WEIRD and everyone has to learn the logic of a strange and alien to world/dimension/reality.

Alternitively

Shit gets REALLY WEIRD, but mc sticks to their wits and intelligence, and can make sense of the madness while still being logical.

>it's a The Raven parody episode

>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in a nutshell

>clothing damage
>injuries that play a part in making the combat more engaging
>characters need to catch their breath
>dizziness from blood loss

Anything that helps make a fight more intense is good by me.

Love it. Especially when the fight turns into a knockdown drag out where characters are beating the ever loving crap out of each other. No powers, no gadgets, just characters decking each other.

they are not expected to be pure in the first place.

I loved that Bruce vs Reynolds fight in WWH.

>When the main character beats the badguy using cunning instead of being just more powerful.

(Image unrelated, I just thought sombody might want to use it for somthing).

>Villain possess an array of powers of characters that have already been presented before

>not posting the animated version

>talking animal character
>they occasionally act like the animal they are.

>Jerk character acquires telepathic powers through accident or by intent
>Gets to know what people close to him actually think about him
>Unable to reason with this realisation, starts using powers for evil

>the most powerful character in the setting is neutral
>they might sometime fight for good or evil, depending on either specific circumstances or just their mood

>Protagonist is shitty at fighting

>character is inept at every single facet of life
>except for that one seemingly pointless thing no one can beat them at
>being the best at that insignificant thing saves the day

Source on it?

Can't remember the name.The comic was mix between perman and the incredibles

>Hero gets to BBEG
>Battle goes poorly, starts getting shit kicked in
>Suddenly the music becomes gentle
>The spirit of his friends either physically or symbolically show up
>The real ultimate power was all of us working together
>Bad guy gets buttblasted by friendship

>When they try to pull the "If you kill me you'll be just as bad as me!"
>Someone points out that's bullshit
>Kills bad guy anyway

Okami's ending is one of my favorite versions of this, especially since everyone kind of takes advantage of you up until that point

>Antagonist just wants a good fight/ challenge
>Is completely willing to accept defeat
>Refuses to stoop to tactics that will sully his win
>Respects those who either live up to the challenge or atleast show admirable qualities despite being blown the fuck out

>One of the villain's right hand men is completely silent
>His character is slowly expressed through his actions
>At first his personality is hard to get a grip on until it all starts to click into place
We need more silent villains.

>The villain is noble and collected, and his actions demands grudging respect from not only fellow villains but heroes as well
>Over the course of series, he keeps losing to heroes and his plans come undone one by one
>In the end the villain is an entirely different person, far more craven and ruthless, driven to madness and despair by defeats in the hands of heroes
>is more dangerous than ever

>The bad guy is actually just mentally ill
>Needs help instead of punches
>It's really tragic

>neutral character does the right thing

>Main character has seemingly lame power and has to use it really creatively in order to overcome far more powerful enemies
Parahumans is my fucking jam

basically the entire first season of CCS

?

here's a less tragic version of this trope

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

This was actually the one I was thinking of aside from Ice King

>Bad guy tries, he really tries to be good
>The good guys don't believe him and treat him like shit
>Bad guy is angry as fuck, loses hope and decides to stick to being evil since that's all what he has
>Then he tries to do good again

Gumball

Transformation sequences. Especially repeated ones of the exact same sequence.
I fucking love Digimon.

>Shit is bleak
>Everyone has given up
>There's no answer
>MC says fuck that
>Fixes everything through sheer willpower
>It all works out in the end

>Joke villain becomes a credible thread
>It's not played for laughs, and is completly horrible for everyone involved

> rebirth barry and wally
> working out in the end
t. johns

>You'll never get help like this
>Not even from your family
Guess it's time to be a super villain...

I haven't read any more rebirth flash, don't ruin my headcannon

>tropes

It's bad and Wally's fate has been reduced to a shitty idiot in Titans while Batman and Superman do the stuff he should've done.

>main character is a major asshole
I hate that there are very little things that use this,but i love it when it happens

>ditzy and adorable character
>also not a complete retard

>Final episode
>The most or the entire cast turns up to address the audience and directly thank them and say goodbye

Sounds like Goblin Slayer, although I'm not sure how likeable you can consider him.

>it's mostly a vocal part of the fandom
>make a character that accuses the happy couple of faking it
>couple calls out the stan and point out how that cynicism is only a thing because he is a miserable person
>bunch of people online get triggered

>Christopher Robin

fucking kek. I dont know if this is taken out of context or what but that looks hilarious. The paneling is just too perfect for it to be unintentional.

I loved that The Return had two narrative counterparts for Cooper (technically 4 if we include the original Dougie that was Mr.C's tulpa and Richard and they were explored so well they began to overlap into each other and added a ton more depth to an already great character, and that Kyle Maclachlan was actually talented enough to pull off playing all these different characters and with their respective variations.

>final episode
>animated versions of the voice actors do this together with their characters
What's the show, Sup Forums?

Death note?

Sherlock Holmes TAS

>character uses science AND magic at once without making a big deal out of it

>Protagonist makes a deal with the antagonist
>Antagonist completes his/her end of the bargain first

>actually wholesome treatment of the mentally ill
I want to watch this show

>Robot learns the value of human emotions and sacrifices itself to protect the ones he loves
Cry everytime

As long as he is not complete maniacs, treats people around him respectfully and does his job well I think I'll like him.
I heard of this manga on another thread and I've been considering giving it a chance. Would you recommend it?

>Main character gets his ass kicked
>Gets knocked out
>Villian laughs
>Unconscious main character gets up
>His pupils are white
>Fights like a totally different character and kicks ass

Unconscious rage is dope

>hero from another time is old and tired
>they come out of retirement for one last mission
>they're nowhere near as good as they were on their prime
>mooks that would have usually gone down without breaking a sweat might now cost them their life
>they manage to power through it and die at the end content that they could do good one last time

This one's kind of rare but I love when it happens.

Name another cartoon that isn't Scooby Doo.

So you really liked Logan then?