Is Russia a friend that we really want?

So our new president-elect has excited sentiments of American nationalism and ran a campaign based on making American interests the forefront of our foreign and domestic policy. So, someone answer this: In what way, exactly, does allying ourselves with an expansionist, nationalistic Russia bolster American interests? You can't just say that the last vestiges of cold war paranoia are gone and just make it so. Why do we believe that Putin won't come back and fuck us in the ass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EtxJN3o5kkY
youtube.com/watch?v=RFVcQ7ZxC1o
reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-russia-trump-idUSKBN1351RJ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because you're retarded and a fag and russia isn't even that nationalist and is barely expansionist kill yourself and we have no reason to be enemies with them

it won't last. Putin will undoubtedly try to pull some shit to 'test' the friendship and Trump will never forgive him.

Still, it would be foolish not to try.

Russian expansionism is mostly about gaining control in the former USSR.

These countries aren't that much better of without Russia.

youtube.com/watch?v=EtxJN3o5kkY
youtube.com/watch?v=RFVcQ7ZxC1o

he has no reason aslong as Trump continue to be critical of NATO and interventionalism

Fuck off with your loaded, misleading question, you choad munching queer. You're just mad because Russia isn't communist any more.

Bro, those nation states were secured via treaties. I don't care if Russia wants them back. Russia actively shuns western liberal values (meaning the founding of governments on universalizable, practical principles by which all institutions must abide by), and I'll be damned if we start cutting up NATO to allow a revival of soviet bullshit. Interventionism came about because the USSR was a mass totalitarian state with nukes. We have no reason to trust him.

Hell of an argument.

In what way is this a loaded question? I formulated my concerns rather explicitly.

>So, someone answer this: In what way, exactly, does allying ourselves with an expansionist, nationalistic Russia bolster American interests?

It only advances Russia's interests to have a Kremlin operative and Putin business "partner" elected as president of the US.

Russia says it was in touch with Trump's campaign during election
reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-russia-trump-idUSKBN1351RJ

>friend

There are only competitors in the political world. It's not about allying ourselves with Russia. It's about getting what we want from them in exchange for loosening the sanctions against them.

In Hillary's world it wouldn't even be an option.

THE ALT-LEFT WILL RISE!
PROTECT THE WEAK AND TRAMPLE THE UNEDUCATED!
HAIL HOPE!
HAIL LOGIC!
HAIL SCIENCE!
EMBRACE PARADOX!
LOVE OR DESPAIR!

Finally, someone who speaks some sense.

Thanks, I'm going to Yale for political science. Looking back I should've called OP and bigot and a slavophobic as well. Live and learn and all of that I guess.

You outed yourself as a commie with your false claim that Russia is "expansionist", and employing "nationalistic" as a pejorative.

Now leave, and go back to sucking cocks.

I suspect this too. But it's impossible to predict the future, especially with Trump.

>Russia says it was in touch with Trump's campaign during election

It's almost like they're playing both sides and saying things to destabilize and interfere with the election without actually playing a role in it. Weird.

>There are only competitors in the political world.

You and I both know that that isn't true. Wtf are treaties all about? You're telling me that the US and UK aren't friends? Dude...

What you want is less tense relations

I mean, an ad hominem is an ad hominem no matter how close to the truth you might believe that it is.

Also, it's cute how you float your education around like that gives you any kind of clout. What, are you an undergrad still?

What was the treaty that allowed you self-enitled cucks to bomb Yugoslavia? Fuck off to your side of the globe, Pedro.

Wrong. Let me clarify my stance a bit with a big "FUCK COMMUNISM." There, we're on the same page now.

No, fuck Russia right in the ass. They would like it too. I can't wait until Russia becomes irrelevant again.

US and UK have a 'Special Relationship', so titled because it's not normal.

You're not only a faggot, but a liar as well.

Bombing Kosovo was a huge mistake. Up until then they were willing to trust us and actually WANTED to be like us despite us fucking up their economy and rigging the election for Yeltsin.

Putin has respect for Trump

I think that it was more about Tito's alliance with Stalin and Yugoslavia's systematic mistreatment of its own people with tens of thousands of political dissidents forced to serve in labor camps. But, fuck, what do I know?

It's simple:

They remove kebab better than anyone.

Nice try neocon shill

No but they are also not an enemy we want.

Fuck Western liberal values. That's what got us where we are in the first place.

Nope, American that knows his enemy. Russia will collapse soon. Yes I voted Trump.

is russia a enemy we really want?

"You're a certain thing, and if you say you're not then you're definitely that thing! You liar!" Get that Freudian bullshit outta here.

How is that a treaty, you fuckwit? You were the one talking about international law here.
>Stalin
Stalin was dead for half a century. Hell, Soviet Union was dead for a decade by the time your bombers arrived. Update your military hardware, will you?

The Russians aren't our friends. They are mean, nasty, violent people. Never ever trust the Russians.

Fuck off, Russia is /bestfriend/ now

Got us where exactly? You can't just advance a vague assertion and hope that I feel that I've been defeated. Western liberalism isn't perfect, but I don't what is better.

Putin saw how inexperienced Trump is and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

He is definitely plotting to take advantage of Trump's naivete and ignorance.

Shutup, jew.

bruh, the Stalin thing is non-trivial. Yugoslavia mistreated its own people in the vein of Stalin even after he died. Yes, conveniently forget about the human rights violations.

Remember the last bromance of Putin with a US president?

Georgia does

The Americans aren't our friends. They are stupid, fag-supporting, irreligious liberal cucks. Never ever trust the Americans.

I actually don't know if I have jew in my blood. I'm curious now, though. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

>You're telling me that the US and UK aren't friends?
Given that USA pretty much milked British empire to death it's hard to call current relationship friendship.
UK is more of an abused wife that has nowhere to go.

Shit, they were on the frontlines with us in Iraq (inb4 "but Iraq was a disaster!" Yes, yes it was). Don't rob the UK of its autonomy.

We have the UN to decided that. Nobody gave you power to unilaterally bomb and disintegrate a country.

Get this through your head: there is no such thing as a "humanitarian intervention". In Kosovo it was a pretext to establish a military base.

of course it is. why would you want to be enemies with the other powerful white nation???

> there is no such thing as a "humanitarian intervention"

burden of proof is on you, my friend.

>Yugoslavia mistreated its own people in the vein of Stalin even after he died
And yet you waited for half a century until they became more liberal and then bombed them killing and empoverishing more people than Tito. Mission accomplished.

So where is that UN document that says "allow Americans to bomb whatever they want"?

>We have the UN to decided that. Nobody gave you power to unilaterally bomb and disintegrate a country.
Ukraine.

Russian always will stab your back if they see your weakness. You ONLY can have dialogue with them from a position of power. Mongol mentality.

The UN didn't approve because Russia and China dissented. Hmmm wonder why??

We have tried warming up to the muzzies and Yuropoors for the past 8 years. It hasn't worked. Why not give the slavs a chance. Rather work along side Russia killing muzzies than work for the country that literally funded the 9/11 hijackers.

FUCKING THIS.

>not shilling on Sup Forums for establishment agenda of military conflict with russia

>we don't have to follow treaties
>but you have to

>treaties don't matter if we don't like them

I agree, let's give the (some) of the slavs a chance. For a while there, though, they couldn't stop blowing each other up. Stop blaming everything on America and stop robbing other nations of their autonomy.

If i was an american. I d better gain Russia as ally in 5-10 yrs to oppose China + good investment potential

As a russian i d better support any christian-friendly regimes and powers (us and eu r anti-christian atm imo), cuz when THEY will finally deal with Christianity, THEY will go for mother Russia. Still memberin pogroms ya know

No thwyrebshit at everything you can imagine
But we need to clean house and having the issue of getting into it with them looming over our heads while we are trying to get our shit together I'd not a good thing
Don't worry, we will take their clay in two decades or so

>listen Sup Forums i'm a long time pol we need to establish a no fly zone in syria and overthrow assad now that trump won, what do you say fellow pol

I don't want military conflict with Russia.

The UN served nearly zero purpose during the cold war because the Russians and Chinese would block every move by the US and vice versa.

>is barely expansionist
Tell that to Georgia, Ukraine, and the Baltics.

>i agree pol i am also a long time pol russia is our real enemy

Thank you. Inb4 "but those countries are worthless, who cares about them!?!?"

They'll take Mongolia too, if given the chance.

What does it have to do with bombings of Yugoslavia of 1999?
And yes, treaties are signed when sides approach compromise. You don't just go and wrech shit wherever you want becasue the other side doesn't agree with you.

What did we even do to fucking Baltics? I would rather kill myself than live in one country with these useless whiny fags.

To friendship again!

Look at the precedent the intervention in the former Yugoslavia established. It directly led to the invasion of Iraq because if we bombed to protect people from oppression there we can bomb to protect people anywhere. Libya and Syria are the most recent examples of this.

If we don't intervene we're racists. Get it? It makes everyone feel both good and powerful, but it's just an excuse for warmongering profiteers.

Russia is misrepresented by the media to the same extent that conflicts in the middle east and Trump are.

They also have roughly as many nukes as the USA, so they both want to play nice.

>being this fucking retarded

China and Russia threatened to veto in 1999. That's what is has to do with the bombings. Keep up.

He could've just been saying that

Yeah, nobody gave you the power to overthrow governments you don't like either like in Ukraine, Georgia, Egypt or Syria.

>Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya.

Global economics is slowly taking care of the need for proxy wars. You can't have everything all at once, man. Iraq was a disaster, but perhaps only because it was poorly planned/executed.

yep man shit and plains. Plains and shit. Thats all my russian soul is dreaming of.

*conveniently forgets that there are large deposits of gold, copper, coal, and uranium in Mongolia. LOL

Right now, as we're shitposting, your government is supporting al-Qaeda in Syria... just to play geopolitical chess with Russia.

The cold war is not in America's interests. Think of how long it has been since there was an American-Russian alliance.

Yes. The treaty that would allow you to bomb Yugoslavia wasn't signed due to Chinese and Russian veto. The UN security council was established especially for the purpose of preventing people from doing what others don't want them to. And then you went and did anyway because you're strong number one country and don't need no international law. We didn't care about any treaties with you ever since.

Our alliance was only made on pragmatic grounds to stop Hitler, but I take it that this point will be lost on holocaust deniers and nazi apologists.

You're right we aren't your friends. We've been cucking you out of Europe for decades and aren't stopping now. As long as we're honest we can get shit done, the two of us got along best when we had leaders who didn't trust each other but respected the strength of our adversary.

YUGOSLAVIA WAS KILLING AND EXPELLING ITS OWN PEOPLE. FUCK YOUR TREATIES.

Why don't you bomb Saudi Arabia?

Georgia is in America you uneducated dolt

>FUCK YOUR TREATIES.
Oh, and fuck yours. We're taking Eastern Ukraine because ebil Kievan regime is killing their own people there, all right?

Maybe we should. It'd disrupt the living shit out of global markets, but perhaps the principle of it should outweigh economic concerns.

If only you idiots just voted Hillary you wouldn't be in this mess. Trump has only been president elect for few days and he's already turned out to be a total disaster.

yes, we want to be allies and cement that alliance in ways that cannot be undone

RUSSIA AND AMERICA WORKING TOGETHER????????

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

WE'LL DOMINATE THE WORLD TOGETHER, EXPLORE THE GALAXY, WE'LL DO EVERYTHING BRITAIN AND FRANCE FAILED TO DO.

Maybe not a friend you want but if your other candidate's plan was to start a war that she wanted to initiate for 3 years, yeah, I'd take friendship.

desu Mongolia is under Chinese now. As Africa. As Khazastan. Im too lasy to dig for charts, but we've completely lost Mongolia since they asked to join USSR and Stalin refused.

My point is that Putin is gonna fuck us in the ass either way.

Russia is not the enemy.
Russia is a rival.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)
You are a fucking dipshit.
>American Education.