/bcb/ - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Punished Paulo edition

>nothing.png
See you on Monday.

>an entire page dedicated for watching the cat cry
>in a comic that releases a page thrice a week
for what purpose? isn't there this understanding where if you're going to release one page at a time you might as have something happen in it?

How does she manage to cram so much story-relevant action into a few panels?

This page reinforces how emotional Paulo is over Mike.

>his fur is flushed
What did she mean by this?

Do not read this comic.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a single character interaction in this comic. They're so boring now. Even David being an autist somehow falls flat.
Impeccable skill from years of experience.

But you could do that with less than a page.
Evenn if she wanted to show the progression of how he's crying like she did here she might as well have the last panel foreshadow (if that's the right word) what might happen in the next page, like, show what he's looking at there maybe?

Cant we contain these into one shitty webcomic general. The ones the community will not hessitate to tell you they hate it and are just here for edits and lols. Can we avoid having the catalog full of shitty webcomics no one even fucking likes up at once? I'm talking qc, bcb, doa, mpng. Just stop having so many shitty threads and contain this fucking cancer at least.

The last page made fairly clear he was upset and not just eye-watering at the pain in his nose so this is grinding the idea into the ground.

>Do not read this comic.
Not a difficult goal to achieve with today's page.

The spoiler page confirmed he will see Lucy and Augustus together, right?

Kek, worst week of Paulo's life

One thread per update of an ongoing comic series is not a cancer, whether it's 100% shitposting or not.

>It'sfuckingnothing.png

Welp, since today's page is pretty much nothing, anyone here have the updated relationship chart?

The problem with that is you'd end up with people posting comics they personally don't like in the thread. Like, It Hurts!! had a legitimate fanbase here on Sup Forums but there are just as many people who would post it in the shitty webcomics thread just to troll. Individual threads are the best solution, and you can filter them or ignore them pretty easily.

He is sad because he won't get Mike's barb anymore.

remember when there were more than 5 panels per page

Maybe it'll read better as a full chapter; a burst of violent action, this cooldown, and then another surprise when he sees Lucy with Augustus.

I'm glad we were spoiled though. "Paulo looks at something maybe" is a boring thing to sit on.

here, user

Yeah pauses in the action are important. It's just unfortunate the pages are book sized now so it suffers as a webcomic. I almost wonder if all three updates should be posted on Friday.

>Paulo crush on Mike

Hey remember when Mike and Sue were having a conversation that could possibly advance the plot in a meaningful way?

Yeah me neither, we wouldn't want that on the Paulo show.

Some of these no longer apply. Paulo and Rachel aren't fucking anymore and that awful little Madison chapter was entirely for the purpose of dispelling her jealously for Lucy.

Also, David adores Abbey? lolwut

David loves our 16th president

Please tell me that school authorities have been notified of a physical assault was just committed on a student and blood was drawn.

Kill this abomination, please.

>Mike Jealous of Augustus
You know it was pretty obvious, but just seeing it in print is so rewarding.

who the hell's Tiff?

>being a fag

That girl Jordan took to the dance in the chapter where Paulo gets in a car accident

Wasn't she literally only in that one chapter? Why is she included?

Oh yeah, that was a whole thing.
But I'll second and ask why bother include here?

Same reason Matt and Madison did.

It's relates to Matt's story and Matt is involved in the Paulo realizing he likes dick chapters

CRY CAT BOI

Matt and Madison are both semi-recurring characters with meaningful relations to the main cast. Tiff had one relationship with a side-character that was immediately terminated and she was never important again.

>Matt and Madison are both semi-recurring characters with meaningful relations to the main cast.
>Matt and Madison
>meaningful relations to the main cast.
You pulling my leg?

they both did appear in, like, more than 1 scene.

Matt had the whole gay thing going with Paulo and has relations to Rachel which further feeds into the Paulo thing.
Madison is, admittedly, debatable but at least she appeared in more then one cocking chapter.

>No edit of Sue bursting through the wall and Mike walking through the hole
It's the only way to redeem this page

> exist to make homo Polo.
> exist to get jelly at Lucy.

I know the main characters themselves have been dumbed down, but their reason for being is awful and forced.

The whole "fashionable late" introduction thing ain't making it any better, if fact, they showed up around the time the comic went really stale.

I'm not debating how well executed they're plot lines are, I'm merely arguing why them being in the chart makes infinitely more sense then god damn Tiff.

>Matt and Madison are both semi-recurring characters with meaningful relations to the main cast.
Madison has no relation to the main cast. Her only connection is with Jessica, probably the least interesting secondary character (if you don't count nothings like Stacy and Katie). She doesn't even have any connection to Rachel, her lover's best friend.

Matt is slightly better due to his interactions with Paulo, but the "polo a gay" thing is mostly bullshit (as if Paulo needs to want Mike's dick to be upset that he'd strike him) so he's also a puff of air, really.

Matt is the catalyst to that whole "my comic is progressive guise" farce with gay Polo, that's his only purpose.
And best explanation for Madison is being Vero's turbodyke self-insert, but even that is horrible.

i love you

>Tess
>existing
lol
also
>exes with Paulo
Not really. They fooled around a bit but not much happened before Tess got turned off by him fucking some other girls.

I hope that SOMEBODY reports Mike. It's not that I dislike Mike, it's actually quite the opposite. If everybody at the table suddenly cares enough about Mike to cover something like this up, then it really makes Mike look like a prick for being mad at them. Plus, being suspended would give him some much needed time to sort himself out.

Yeah the transition away from that scene was unforgivably abrupt. I don't know why Taeshi brought Lucy back if she was just going to continue following Paulo all the time.

The adults in this comic are absolutely useless. Lucy shouldn't have been allowed to transfer back and should be in therapy. Hers or Mike's mom should've noticed things were so bad between them they got in touch before all this shit went down. Mike's mom should do a better job keeping tabs on her son's long distance relationship.

>I don't know why Taeshi brought Lucy back if she was just going to continue following Paulo all the time.
Well they're in their junior year and the comic is supposed to end at prom.

>Hers or Mike's mom should've noticed things were so bad between them they got in touch before all this shit went down
I don't know; maybe they just assumed they were spending time together elsewhere. Havne't they been pretty close since they were about five years old?

> I don't know why Taeshi brought Lucy back if she was just going to continue following Paulo all the time.

Weren't interest even among the normies dropping hard?

Seems like the only explanation since she was gone for 7 fucking months in the comic, almost as if she was put on the proverbial bus out of the story.

She was gone almost nine full months; shortly after New Years' 2008 to September 25 when she showed up back at school.

WASTING TIME. artist isnt interested in delivering a story, this comic is just a chore to them. Not even an enjoyable one. so they drag their feet like this
I dont even read this but there is no good reason to waste a whole week of releases on 3 pages of one chump whining.

People are right to hate this shit.

who cares it'd be a literal cancer containment general for the sake of keeping the board clean of this absolute garbage. if you REALLY have to talk about THIS of all things on Sup Forums or questionable content or whatever the fuck, threads that never read bump limit, are repetitive and disguising in general, keep it to one thread rather than having this fucking disaster trend of reading shitty webcomics with Sup Forums explode into multiple ongoing threads with no value other than littering and causing more boring repetitive threads like its been doing. It was much better when someone made a dobson thread and that was the unofficial dumping ground of shitty webcomics for flaming the artists and posting eidts. When you do this you get memes with lasting value like lost because you have everyone collected under a hate for terrible webcomics and their arrogant talent less creators rather than scattered everywhere.

>I dont even read this
Either you're a liar or just really pathetic.

>absolute garbage.
So where's the "shit cartoons" containment thread for trash like Steven Tumblrverse and TTG?

What comics do you read, user?

Or capeshit

>implying this wouldn't be beneficial either
irrelevant to my statement and an attempt to change the topic to attack my personal tastes, not answering due to its sheer irrelevancy blatant malicious intent.

literally everyone here agrees this comic is bad and completely wasted all potential it may have harbored(which you could also argue it never really harbored any at all and was always terrible from the start to finish) but ultimately blundered along the way slowly and painfully from chapter 1 to current arc with interesting moments few and far between. There is literally no need to have threads. the redundancy of the threads is proof of this.

>hey guys
>did you know that
>wait for it!
>did you know that Paulo is SAD and UPSET?!

What a fantastic page. Really added to the lore.

>literally everyone here agrees this comic is bad
Seeing as these threads still get made and gets replies, I'm inclined to disagree.

where's BCI user

We could stand to see that newish Augustus side-story.

>2 pages wasted on filler

As anons have explained to other anons before in past BCB threads, there's still a sense of nostalgia, commitment, and interest that keeps quite a few anons coming back to the train wreck each update.

If you don't like the comic or these threads then don't read them. It's not hard.

Shh, this thread is only to suck on the assholes of the creators. Unless you want your comments to be purged.
Im so glad we had our 3rd page of Paulo crying like a bitch, it really speaks to me on an emotional level - Taeshi writing is comparable to Hemingway and Twain with the subtly of Franz Kafka!

I miss when wacky, over-the-top things happened in this comic. its what got me reading it, really.

now the mainline comics are all tame and boring and you need to spend 40 bucks for the fun ones.

my fetish

Like the stupid mango shit?

That's what Prequel is for.

But why? The old fashioned rivalry was more interesting and also less gay.

They never seemed to really be rivals. Only at the drunk party did they butt heads over Lucy.

It'd be much better if he's recently taken this friendship more seriously because his love life has been so chaotic and disappointing, but instead this is just yet another extension of the same. Because Paulo is gay now.

>Like the stupid mango shit?

the what now?