I have a few dozen old Disney Adventures magazines from 2004-2006. I want to scan them and upload them somewhere...

I have a few dozen old Disney Adventures magazines from 2004-2006. I want to scan them and upload them somewhere, but before I dive in I want to make sure someone hasn't already done all this work previously. Is there an existing online archive of old DA magazines somewhere? I'd imagine you guys would like all the comics they published in the mag as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

langtath.blogspot.com/2012/06/disney-adventures-magazine-0-fall-1990.html
mega.co.nz/#F!vkdl0ADQ!5mFT3GncbkozcEeWD2IUaA
mega.nz/#!9rBWlJqY!mxiwTxolmoS5vKi6o4S11UR4Q08WLtHulGJ0lQk6QNY
mega.nz/#F!lmIECQwT!8Gb45v89-eioo8FGuGvasQ
imgur.com/a/wzqDG
amazon.com/Comic-Zone-Disneys-Tall-Tails/dp/0786837667/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I found just one instance.
langtath.blogspot.com/2012/06/disney-adventures-magazine-0-fall-1990.html

Damn, and that's the first issue too. Looks like I have a long weekend ahead of me. I'll post a link to the gallery here once I'm done. Should I use imgur, Google Drive, or Mega, etc?

>Disney Adventures magazines from 2004-2006

Wait, those lasted AFTER the 90s? I always thought those went out of print around 98-99.

Did yugioh come on Disney in some countries?

It did. I was pretty surprised, too. They went all the way to 2007.

I don't think so, but Disney Adventures was more of a "kid pop culture" magazine that tended to focus on Disney properties, not just Disney stuff.

It also had people who worked in comics who worked on the magazine. Heidi MacDonald used to edit the comics (I forget when she left, like probably late 90's or something) and I think she was responsible for getting Jeff Smith's Bone reprinted in the magazine along with Evan Dorkin's Kid Blastoff.

I was hoping somebody had ones from 2000-2003.

Oh God that Mickey Mouse looks off.
Like parody/horror off.

No but their movie had theatrical release so they probably would talk about it if it was popular enough (which it was).

I'd say Imgur and/or MEGA, OP

Also, just because I remembered
Did we ever heard back from that one user who found those old Disney animation cells?

For me, I'm hoping for the issues from the late 90's. I'm pretty sure I have the one featuring Ocarina of Time somewhere, with ads for original Pokemon cards.

Most likely just a cropped image from a comic featured inside.

Try the Internet Archive

OP here, finished scanning one volume (Dec-Jan 2006) and uploading to imgur as I type. I'll move on to the next volume later.

Yeah. that's just the way the comic is drawn. Have a teaser while we wait

Qisney Adventures

Hey that's done by the guy who does the Duplex comic strip and also did that "Batman's mom calls him using the Bat-Signal" comic

Oh shit, you're right. The comic's credited to Glenn McCoy, writer/artist. Neat

There was a Sup Forumsmrade who scanned and shared some of these magazines a couple of years ago. The stuff he scanned was from the 1990s though, not from 2000s.
mega.co.nz/#F!vkdl0ADQ!5mFT3GncbkozcEeWD2IUaA

I don't think anyone else has been scanning these magazines. However, some of the comics may have been scanned in the past, if they were ever reprinted in some other publication. If you look at the names of the comics printed in your issues and search those names on the Inducks website, it's possible you may find other sources where the stories have been reprinted. But if the only English release was on Disney Adventures, it's very likely it hasn't been scanned before.

Is there some non-gay (aka mega) version? I'm not going to pay for download

Wow. Disney Adventures was still around in 2004?

>tfw all my old issues were ruined from a flood.

How will I find your uploads if I miss the thread?

Use Mega, so it can be easier to save

mega is gay, fuck off

is it true that disney adventures also had some exclusive marvel comics, like spider-man, or x-men?

They had articles about the shows but I can't remember if they actually had a Marvel comic in it.

I do remember one time they did have a preview for Bartman #1.

I do remember Hildebrant drawing some short (2 pages) strips, but I don't remember if it was fox magazine, or the disney one.

from memory, the comic had x-men vs brotherhood (magneto, mystique and sabretooth) in some cliche story

OP update, I uploaded the issue to Mega.

mega.nz/#!9rBWlJqY!mxiwTxolmoS5vKi6o4S11UR4Q08WLtHulGJ0lQk6QNY

I'm still uploading the pages to imgur for the one fag in this thread that's insecure about his sexuality. It's a huge pain in the cunt and I'm only finishing this issue out of the bottom of my heart. Not gonna upload any more issues to imgur after this one

Mega is great, thanks OP, imgur is gonna be annoying because you have to save page by page.

Mega is shit, fuck off. it has limits to how many things you can download

Man, I've been finding a lot of my old Nick and Disney Adventures magazines all through my basement. I've probably got some from around 2000/01 all the way through to the last issues.

There's absolutely no way though that I'd be able to get them all in one place and my scanner is shit an I certainly don't have time to scan them all and upload them.

Good luck on your journey OP, I'm gonna keep an eye here. I promise to keep my copies safe too :3

Have any other suggestions for OP then? I know that imgur compresses images and its slow to upload

You should take the time, maybe one or two per week?

tusfiles, zippy, mediafire, yandex, to name the few

You don't need to pay to download from Mega.....

mega has limits, you can't download a file over certain size without a premium account

Archive.org

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try to upload 1-2 more issues and take a break for the day. I might upload a couple each day or so.

I'd like to do read-alongs and post each page separately in the thread but that'd kinda take a while.

If you can provide an acceptable alternative that allows batch uploads of ~50 or so large image files, then I'd be glad to post them there. Until then, I'll continue to upload to Mega.

Anyway, here's a link to the Mega folder, so check back every now and then for updates!

mega.nz/#F!lmIECQwT!8Gb45v89-eioo8FGuGvasQ

you can upload it, but not many people will be available to download it. congrats for doing all the work for naught. the alternatives are already mentioned here

Zippy deletes the files after 30 days of no downloads
Tusfiles has shit speeds
Yandex has shit speeds
The only good one there is Mediafire, but the free account 10GBs storage limit is shit.

Pretty sure that user was fatoler. Anyone know if he's done anymore since then?

Great Op, I'll keep an eye often

Just up them to Mega, it's just the one guy bitching about download limits which don't even apply here since the rips will be so small. The limit is like 4gigs before they cut you off for a few hours and even that can easily be gotten around if you have a dynamic ip.

Yeah, it took a 5-second google search to find the small print about the download limit. It's such a non-issue that I'm gonna keep uploading there.

Nov 2005 issue uploading now

Sweet thanks user. I actually just recently found my old 90's Australian version DA mags at my mums place. I think they're mostly the same as the American versions except they swapped out certain content like interviews and the people on some of the covers for Australian stuff.

Where can I find more of thee comics? I remember reading these magazines while I walked around the grocery store with my mom, but I was never allowed to buy them. These mickey comics were always the best part.

DA was discontinued in 2007. As far as I know there isn't an equivalent magazine being published nowadays. Scans are also pretty rare online, which is why I'm doing all of this.

Some of the stuff in here is golden

I don't know if it was in DA, but on the other hand Greg and Tim Hildebrant did do an X-Men cover for them in 1995.

Anyone know if the comics in the mags were exclusive or reprints or if they were collected anywhere else? Have any of the comics themselves been ripped and upped elsewhere before?

I remember a story that crossed over between all the Disney comics I think. About some evil guy that was trapped in a red gem and possessed people when they wore it. Though I never read the whole story since I was missing 1 or the (I think) 5 parts.

Imgur finished, here you go whiny user

imgur.com/a/wzqDG

Uploading Oct 2005 now, probably gonna stop for the day. Apologies for the mailing sticker that'll show up on a lot of these covers, I never removed them as a kid and over time the glue seems to have bonded to the print ink.

There was a vol 3 of Disney's Tall Tails:
amazon.com/Comic-Zone-Disneys-Tall-Tails/dp/0786837667/

Which means that McCoy's comics got reprinted if not all of them.

I almost want to say some early 90's comics got reprinted in some standalone books but I don't know if that's true or I'm just mixing up something. But I don't think most of the Disney Adventure comics got reprinted.

Someone did scan the story you refer to though, it was between TaleSpin, Rescue Rangers, GoofTroop, DuckTales, and Darkwing Duck.

remind me of mad magazine yugioh stuff

>Apologies for the mailing sticker that'll show up on a lot of these covers, I never removed them as a kid and over time the glue seems to have bonded to the print ink
It's ok, we're glad you're scanning them

FUCK, dude, I remember having these as a kid. I remember some Ratatouille stories. I had this specific issue. Family must've thrown these away or they're just rotting in my attic.

>cars
Did MAD just fire the editors around then or something?

Does anyone have scans of the cards?

So much Reaction image potential from these magazines.

YESSSSSSSSSSs I had this one and the jack sparrow one somewhere. so much nostalgia.

The one I had, If I remember was a flip over that had Pirates on one side and Cars comics on the other.

Anyone remember when he was telling goofy
"Remember goofy the three rules, location location location"
And then you see him with a lemonaide stand in the snow.
and then Micky makes a response like "3rd rule is timing"

or SOMETHING LIKE THAT.. Idk, I forget it. Thought they were hilarious back in the day.

Actually that's word for word what happened.

I know because I actually have the issue that had that strip.