Why are there so many Diamond apologists in the fandom?

Why are there so many Diamond apologists in the fandom?
Even after the Zoo arc and the PD reveal, there’s still idiots that defend them.

>'Blue Diamond is Sad, so we should give her a pass on everything'
>'they're aliens so destroying worlds is not unethical'
> 'I have never heard of or studied colonialism but let me tell you why it's awesome' ones.

t. tumblr

They all look pretty and/or hot. That's all it takes for people all over the internet to say they did nothing wrong, no matter what happens.

I personally was hoping that we'd get at least one Diamond that looked weird and alien, but I guess SU just won't do that aside from the occasional gem beast/cluster mutant.

But they are ugly

People way too preoccupied with villains, and many root for them just out of contraianism. CoughZeonfagsCough.

Yellow has any right to be pissy at pretty much anyone, seeing how retarded most people and gems are

ugly gems like bismuth and jasper always end up bubbled

yellow diamond and peridot are the personifications of my lack of patience with how dumb this show is.

Because the protagonists aren't sympathetic.

I like their personalities, their voice actors, their designs, their role in the story
The Diamonds are the best thing about current Steven Universe
I want Yellow to figure out that the Cluster failed so we can get the ball rolling already

blue will find out first and have to decide whether to tell yellow

oh and spoiler: she won't want to because she can't investigate what really happened to Pink if the earth is space dust

I have literally never seen anything like this except for Sup Forums posters saying stuff like >implying earth is good

That said, you can still care about their emotional arcs even if they’re villains. They’re my favorite part of the show

Purity is important in gemstones and it translates into the show, that's why fusion is considered taboo. Even Garnet has the 3rd eye because she isn't 100% a perfect fusion.

Because the more we learned about homeworld, the more obvious it became that the main characters were just a bunch of dirty hippies who tried to break the system because they thought this planet was kind of cool. They don't really care about any other planet getting destroyed, just the one they're on permanent vacation on. The diamonds are the more sympathetic of the two.

Nothing wrong with authority

>Because the more we learned about homeworld, the more obvious it became that the main characters were just a bunch of dirty hippies who tried to break the system because they thought this planet was kind of cool. They don't really care about any other planet getting destroyed, just the one they're on permanent vacation on. The diamonds are the more sympathetic of the two.

Even after 5000 years on earth the gems barely understand humanity and don't really give a shit, even after Steven came along. I'm starting to hate the crystal gems honestly. They constantly keep Steven in the dark and have held onto their emotional baggage for way too long.

Fucking wrong.

Because they are a higher technological and more complex society, we humans as lower savages have no right to not submit and serve them. Plus i hate the humans on SU, and think they are driving focus away from characters i like

I think as implied by a lot of the posts, people like them because they are the epitome of potential plot progression in SU. They are essentially the driving force behind a lot of the villa-oh I'm sorry ANTAGONISTS- and events in the story. Same with Bismuth and Jasper.

Characters that have differing world views from the main characters are important especially in this show because in SU pretty much everyone ends up agreeing with Steven in the end and assimilates into a collective 'the earth any everyone and everything is valuable hugbox'. It's nice to have characters that actually challenge or at least go 'your views are shit and I want to see you dead' even if it's for a short time because that's what separates a story from being a self insert 'everything I say is right and everyone agrees with me' wankfest that SU will probably become regardless.

It's more for what they could be than what they'll probably end up being. I like the idea of and hope for certain characters to be unchangeable in their ways but SU is all about 'everyone can and will change...to my worldview' which is kind of annoying because even in most other cartoons, stories, and in real life there are people who you just can not win over or put in a bubble for years on end. It's to the point where it feels more like a previously mentioned wankfest and a very naive and unrealistic view of a world that is within context supposed to be 'realistic'.

>do what they do to ensure the survival of their species
>the only other option presented by anyone else is for them to lay down and die so that the clearly superior humans can do the same thing they're doing instead
While major reforms to their society are necessary, the motivation behind their actions make sense. Meanwhile, the Crystal Gems just want the planet so they can lose themselves in debauchery and shrug off their duties until they absolutely have to do it.

I want Blue to find out Yellow killed Pink, or at least find out who really didn't since it wasn't Rose. I'm guessing Rose just told everyone she did. Diamond fight!

They can't find evidence at the crime scene if you blow up the crime scene

You fucker

if they live for thousands of years their replacement reproduction rate is ridiculously low. they don't need to mine out an entire planet. the fact that homeworld is mined out is entirely their own fault.

When will we see Jasper again?

blue's old design was so much better christ
>first diamond to be shown on screen
>looks cool and is intimidating
>"lol nah we changed her to a big crying uwu with droopy eyes and a big fourhead XD"

>Why are there so many Diamond apologists in the fandom?
Because the Diamonds did nothing wrong.
>Even after the Zoo arc
Where it was revealed that Pink Diamond created a paradise for a alien species rather than just kill them all? Which is what humanity would've down in her position.
>PD reveal
Oh no PD has emotions instead of being some kind of calculating dictatorbot. Truly this makes her look bad.
>'Blue Diamond is Sad, so we should give her a pass on everything'
You don't need to give her a pass because she did nothing wrong
>'they're aliens so destroying worlds is not unethical'
They're not destroying worlds, they're making use of useless worlds. If humanity had their tech we'd do the same thing
> 'I have never heard of or studied colonialism but let me tell you why it's bad'
nuff said
>ugly gems like jasper
Wrong!
The Gems have lived long enough to see dozens of generations live and die in a blink of an eye. They've seen all forms of slavery. They've seen mass rapes and genocides. They've seen human sacrifices and public torture. They've seen cities full of shit. They've seen the disgust and horror of disease. They've seen human politics that make the Gem Empire look free by comparison. Also religion.

I think the Crystal Gems have a pretty good understanding of humanity. That's why they want nothing to do with them.
>if they live for thousands of years
They live forever.
>their replacement reproduction rate is ridiculously low
They want to grow not just stagnation survive like some kind of luddite environmentalist.
>they don't need to mine out an entire planet. the fact that homeworld is mined out is entirely their own fault
There are plenty of worlds in the universe.

>There are plenty of worlds in the universe.

It's been made pretty clear HW is running low on resources because they drained all the life bearing planets they could find. They essentially commited universe-wide genocide.

Seconding, fuck zeeks.

The planet Homeworld is running low on resources. The Gem Empire as a whole isn't.

>The Gems have lived long enough to see dozens of generations live and die in a blink of an eye. They've seen all forms of slavery. They've seen mass rapes and genocides. They've seen human sacrifices and public torture. They've seen cities full of shit. They've seen the disgust and horror of disease. They've seen human politics that make the Gem Empire look free by comparison. Also religion.
They didn't even know humans enslaved each other until the civil war.

I must've missed that episode.

Basically they're plot progression. I've said this before, at this point in the story, homeworld should be a main focus point in the story now. This show has been going on since 2012....It's fucking 6 years later and we've JUST reached the main fucking plot of Steven Universe. The Diamonds are finally being shown more, therefore they're gonna have more fans.

They're giant, powerful, alien women with a lot of power and authority to a constantly multiplying population that has conquered multiple planets. No shit people are invested in that than the leftover breadcrumbs of a shitty rebellion with a shitty leader. The Crystal Gems don't feel like they've developed for the better, they've gotten dumber and in some cases, fell back into the same place where they were in season 1......

It's a bad sign if your villains are more interesting than your main heroes.

Now the people who are defending their actions are retarded.

>It's fucking 6 years later and we've JUST reached the main fucking plot of Steven Universe

Steven is the main plot of Steven Universe.

why can't anyone imagine a tv show that isn't a 20 hour movie anymore?

>repeating muh plot meme
Can't you people even be slightly original? Steven Universe is a Slice of Life show and if you don't like it watch something else.

>This show has been going on since 2012....It's fucking 6 years later
It’s been going on since 2013.

>There are filthy xenos sympathisers in this thread

>Pink Diamond will never be your friend

The show has an on going plot. A lot of shows have that....it’s not exclusive to movies.

Humans are objectively the worst race in 40k. If the Imperium was made up of Eldar and humans lived on craftworlds then humans would have no relevancy in the galaxy. If the Imperium was made up of Tau and humanity had a small empire then they would've been annexed by the Tau Empire a long time ago. Basically humanity sucks and the only thing they have going for them is numbers.

>don’t like don’t watch meme
Nigga people can like a show AND have criticisms of said show. I know, it’s a new concept that’s been out for a while.

a lot of shows are shit. tv shows that actually dare to be tv shows with self contained episodes in the current year are to be applauded.

And a massive golden fusion holding what precious little remains of the galaxy together.

Criticizing something because it's not what it never claims to be is the height of retardation and a sign you should move on to other things. You've missed the point. You thought a Slice of Life Coming of Age Cartoon was a Plot Driven Anime, you were mistaken. Leave and watch a Plot Driven Anime so you can be happy.

>slice of life

Boy I sure got that from the opening song and most descriptions/summaries of this show focusing on how it's about Gems and Steven 'saving the day' and learning about new powers as defenders of the universe!

forgot I made this

It can't be a Slice Of Life if the protagonist doesn't naturally age.

when did this become a requirement?

>I personally was hoping that we'd get at least one Diamond that looked weird and alien
I was sort of hoping that as well. Like the closer you get to perfection, the less humanoid the gems design look.

It doesn't have to be strictly physical ageing, just a sign of change. Or meaningful development.

>believing the Emperor was some shaman god fusion who's been around for 10,000 years
The Emperor was just your run of the mill Alpha+ who was at most a couple hundred years old at the time of the Great Crusade. He only became a God after he almost died and spent the next 10,000 years being worshiped by quadrillions of humans and being fed millions of psykers.

Rose didn't even know where a baby came from until recently, despite the portraits, I don't think the Crystal Gems know a lot about humanity.

Besides it's implied that our history and SU-earth are two different kinds of earths. Humans also fought along side homeworld Gems in the war that they created, and dragged humans into. If they want anything to do with them, they shouldn't drag them into their problems.

>When you realise Big E is 40k's version of the cluster

The song is meant to be ironic, that's why it has never really matched the tone of the show and why in universe it was written by a naive two year old Steven.

>>do what they do to ensure the survival of their species
>implying that makes it okay

>ignoring the fact that it is not necessary, there is literally nothing a bunch of rock people with no need for biological matter gain from earth as all the minerals, water, and gases are available and even more plentiful elsewhere

>they literally just wanted to hollow it out and form some weird gem experiment using shards from other gems they genocided

>Pink just wanted to rule a planet like the others did

>the only other option presented by anyone else is for them to lay down and die
The show has literally never stated there are consequences for homeworld in losing Earth, especially since their society has apparently prospered since losing it.

>here it was revealed that Pink Diamond created a paradise for a alien species rather than just kill them all?
>A paradise
>a bunch of people locked in the woods whose every action is regimented and controlled
>paradise
I know this post is bait but fuck it.

>PD has emotions instead of being some kind of calculating dictatorbot
>PD is an entitled child who just wanted to control something
>This makes it okay

>They're not destroying worlds
The cluster was going to destroy the earth

>they're making use of useless worlds
Ah yes, that useless world that sustains you and everyone you love

>If humanity had their tech we'd do the same thing
Most civilized societies make it illegal to kill even non-intelligent creatures without reason (ie, we aren't immortal rocks who can survive without food). We can barely agree that it's okay to defend ourselves against people who are trying to kill us. This is the last thing humans would do.

>>ugly gems like jasper
>liking a dyke
This has to be bait

>Also religion
Truly you are a euphoric intellectual

>I think the Crystal Gems have a pretty good understanding of humanity
Yeah, that's why they chose to fight to defend the earth and it's people.

>Rose didn't even know where a baby came from until recently
Wrong!

I just assumed it was the far future and the gem war just bombed humanity back to the 90's or something.

holy fucking autism

>The cluster was going to destroy the earth
The earth is a incubator for the cluster. If it gets destroyed in the process then it's been made good use of.
>Ah yes, that useless world that sustains you and everyone you love
We could live in the Zoo. The simple fact of the matter is that humanity only makes use of a tiny fraction of the earth and we don't need the earth in any way(a humanity that lives on space stations is the same as a humanity that lives on a planet) meanwhile the Gempire has the means to make use of most of the earth and need life bearing planets if they want to advance their society.

Also every human that has even been born will die some day, the same is not true of Gems. When you kill a human you are at most taking 100 or so years off their life. When you kill a Gem you're taking eternity. Also even a shattered Gem is still alive and in time could possibly be given a new life, either healed in some way or put in a cluster. Meanwhile a dead human is gone forever.
You blow every human's brains out and there goes humanity. You shatter all the Gems in the universe and there is still hope. So is a human life worth a gem life? Not really.
>Most civilized societies
??
>This has to be bait
Jasper is Bae.
>Yeah, that's why they chose to fight to defend the earth and it's people.
Garnetand Bismuth fought for themselves. Pearl fought for Rose. Rose is the only Crystal Gem we've seen who fought for humanity.

>The earth is a incubator for the cluster. If it gets destroyed in the process then it's been made good use of
I don't even think YOU believe this.
>We could live in the Zoo.
They picked a few random people and had them co-mingle for thousands of years, are you banking on the 1/7000000000 chance you get picked?
>we don't need the earth in any way
Where else exactly are we going to go and what's your plan on getting there?
>the Gempire has the means to make use of most of the earth
>humanity only makes use of a tiny fraction of the earth
>need life bearing planets if they want to advance their society
Source: Your ass

>Also every human that has even been born will die some day
Irrelevant, don't make it alright to kill them
>the same is not true of Gems
Then their already non-existent justification for killing everyone on earth is even less.
>When you kill a Gem you're taking eternity.
The only people killing gems were the same people trying to kill the humans
> When you kill a human you are at most taking 100 or so years off their life. When you kill a Gem you're taking eternity
Living longer doesn't make your life worth more.
>So is a human life worth a gem life
Yes, and you've provided no reasonable justification that it isn't.

>Garnet and Bismuth fought for themselves
Garnet and Bismuth fought because they believed people/gems had a right to choose a life for themselves, and were clearly willing to die for that fight.

>Pearl fought for Rose
Because she admired Rose.

>Rose is the only Crystal Gem we've seen who fought for humanity.
Ah yes, and the entire revolution she started? They were all just there for the free food obviously.

He's right about the life bearing planet thing.

Maybe I skipped too many episodes of this garbage show but I don't remember them mentioning that.

That's because you skipped too many episodes.

Is the spaghetti posting necessary?