Last thread died, but what does Sup Forums think of SCP: Confinement...

Last thread died, but what does Sup Forums think of SCP: Confinement? It's a web cartoon mostly made by one guy based on the SCP wiki and could almost match the quality of something on Adult Swim.

youtube.com/watch?v=v0b2s_ot9_0

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-1269
scp-wiki.net/scp-106
scp-wiki.net/scp-3922
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please stop shilling this subpar self insert garbage and post some underrated scps

>We love it
>It’s awful
>SCP [REDACTED] is my waifu
>Here’s my idea for an SCP
>I love/hate Sarkic lore!

That’s a good summary?

Your wrong but sure.
scp-wiki.net/scp-1269

You forgot >is General Marcus, dare I say, /ourguy/?

In the scene with young Connor, for some reason I thought the blond researcher was naked...

>I want to see Dr Powers infected with 686
>Here's the scariest SCP.
>God damn Animie OC bullshit.
>Here's how you beat 682.
>173 is overrated.
>What the fuck is that thing?
>{REDACTED}
>That's disgusting/horrifying.....
>Who is this GOI?
>New episode when?

Better Summery?

>What's that Conner? you miss your mommy?
>Well don't worry the Foundation will supply you with all the mommys you could ever ask for....

I want to fug young connor.

I wonder what happens to prepubescent boys put into contact with SCP-166.

Episode of Young Conner being tested on SCP-953 and SCP 166 when?

>After its latest escape, SCP-953 was not heard from for over ██ years, until suddenly resurfacing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on June 2███ at "YiffCon 2███," which it had been attending in the guise of a "furry" enthusiast. Before being captured, SCP-953 carried out over two dozen murders of convention staff and attendees, more than during any other single incident to date.
Truely /ourfox/

>SCP-953
Basically a repeat of his wee chat with Mr. Fernand, except she's just feasting on his liver(s), while Connor tells her to fucking stop.

>That SCP that is a recording of Sesame street that has every character on screen human or puppet choke to death on Camera. And anyone who sees it will become unable to enjoy things they once enjoyed and found fun. and will have a hard time finding joy in anything new.
>Most who watch it kill themselves years later.

You guys are ruining my fap bait by making her gross.

It's a fox, you're just a furry in denial.

SCP is horror with some jokes, not your waifu farm.

Besides, true patricians enjoy SCP-085.

>Foundation personnel assigned to capture SCP-953 after this latest incident noted that the subject appeared listless and apathetic, and did not resist capture. No further casualties have resulted from SCP-953 from that date.

She's a Kitsune not a furry.

Why do SCP threads become so lewd so quickly?

Great way to piss her off, retard. Korean mythology, not Japanese, IE Kumiho.

What? a nine tailed fox is a Kitsune

Here's a thought: She's a creature meant to terrify and bring horror. 953 did her worst to the attendees of YiffCon 2███, but most of them had the response of "That's my fetish."

A literal monster of myth and legend, robbed of her purpose by furry degeneracy.

tbqh I wish you guys the best but the shilling here and on reddit has been a bit much
Do you have a deal with a network or something?

Read the briefing.
>Addendum 2: Special Emergency Order As misidentification of her species tends to violently agitate SCP-953, all personnel are to be hereby ordered to refer to her as a "Kumiho," and not a "Kitsune." Personnel asking what the difference is are to be reminded of the difference between a Cherokee Indian and a New Delhi Indian. - O5-██

Did they even test eunuchs on her?

Just put the special underwear on them before throwing them in her arms.

Its one guy making this.
Also.
>Fully admits he goes on Reddit.

This is me literally not able to give less of a fuck

SCP-1442 is a corporation you despoilered fuckwit.

Anonymous 01/26/18(Fri)17:23:13 No.98318768▶

I wholeheartedly agree, the waifu trash infesting these threads is disgusting and does not fit with the intended purpose of the SCP project [spoilers]but I want SCP-1442 to fall in love with me and be my wife, take out on dates and to have long, romantic talks with her over the stock market, intimately swapping our assets [/spoilers]

>I wholeheartedly agree, the waifu trash infesting these threads is disgusting
Dude its Sup Forums. Shit like Ruby Gloom and OK KO turn into big wafiu discussions.
You shouldn't be surprised the first thing Sup Forums wants to do is fuck every SCP they come across.

>snuff-fags dying with a smile on their face and rock hard as she rips out their livers
>gore-fags jerking off in the corner before she goes for them
>vore-fags asking if she can do bigger, after seeing her eat a liver whole
>BDSM and femdom gags encouraging her to torture then
>953 sitting on the bed, eyes dead, covered in blood, wondering what the fuck happened to the world, while obese neackbeards wearing fox ears and a tail buttplugs surround her for their turn
How horrifying

Ok since we started an SCP Thread might as well use it.
What SCPs do you want to see in the show?
I personally really want to see 2774 and 1337.

>SCP-953 will never confide in you about how messed up things have become
>how she used to be a demon that haunted nightmares
>reduced to fetish fuel, even when doing the worst of shit her nature called for

Truly depressing when you build your whole life around scaring others only for them to turn your fear into there fetishes.

Would Star be contained as an SCP?

There's no excuse for that kind of behavior, specially in SCP threads and 426 may be cute but 1442 is way cuter and has big assets

I imagine The Foundation would try to contain all of mewni if they could.

Probably treat Dimensional Scissors like SCP-093.

Delete yourself. SU fag.

There's only like 5 episodes so far, right? I mean, it seems decent for what it is. It's got a few decent jokes (It transforms?) and a lot of meh ones. It's got some good designs... but it didn't come up with most of them.

I think it's mainly good because of what I call the "Fate/SN" effect. I'm talking about Fate/Stay Night, in which a large chunk of the characters are not original characters, but taken from an outside source. In Fate, that outside source is mythology/history, with everything from King Arthur to Hercules to Robin Hood being taken in and used as a character. This gives the viewer an instant link to the series, where they already know the characters and setting to a degree and therefore don't need as much to get fully invested.

I think this series does the exact same thing as Fate/SN, but with SCP. It isn't making new monsters, its taking already-made ideas and animating them. I'm not saying that's bad per se, but I'd call it the lazy route. It has some interesting twists where it tries to connect multiple SCP that I assume aren't connected in the original mythos, but it's still basically animating the SCP as it's described, just with a joke about a dude dying and reviving thrown in there.

Overall I think it's a fairly mediocre series that is made much better by latching onto the already-established SCP lore, it's super impressive that mostly one person makes it but if we're judging it as a project without looking at the staff behind it it's a decent series that copied the ideas of another series to get where it is.

>going on reddit makes you bad from the get-go

I never really got the argument for saying "Taken established things and adapting them is lazy"
I mean you could apply this to almost anything from comic book movies and shows. to book adoptions.
Lord Bung brought the world of SCP to life through his animation and its great to see.
Plus Lord Bung adds his own comedy and writings to the SCP lore giving it his own flair.
Personally its one of the best cartoons I've watched in ages. I'm dying for the next episode.

Yes, that is a statement of fact

The difference here is that this isn't an official adaptation. Lord Bung doesn't own the SCP and didn't create the ones featured in Confinement, which means the plots of the series are mostly made by other people. This isn't someone making an animated series about an SCP they made, this is someone taking the already-finished work of other people and using them as the main plotpoint in their own story. The series is 90% about the SCP made by other people and 10% about OC characters.

Confinement doesn't do anything spectacularly new with the characters it takes, it just straight up adapts the stories written/implied by the SCP articles. Compare it to "Tails Gets Trolled", which takes characters from other works and then completely warps the characters and uses them in ways that had never been done before. Basically, Lord Bung skips the "design a monster, write a story about the monster, animate the story" process, and skips the first two steps completely by taking someone else's finished monster mythos.

I can applaud the overall product and say that there's some decent content with the OC characters, but right now we have only a few minutes of OC content with the rest of it being unofficial fan adaptations of works that already existed.

The possiblites and potiental of lewdness in the SCP universe are basically nigh infinite.

Well as I said already what is wrong with this? I want to see the SCPs adapted and as I already said how is this any diffrent from someone adapting a comic book story into a film/cartoon,

Fucking THIS. Every time I come into these threads there are always anons like jerking it off as the second coming of Christ just because "hurr it animated hurr le wacky humor". I've seen the first 4 episodes and it barely does anything with the scips it features. I love the surge of scp threads on Sup Forums but I absolutely hate that 3/4ths of it is jerking off this boring stilted garbage.

Kudos, user. I just wanted to say that cause that was a really good critique.

What the hell did you want to see? I wanted to see the SCPs adapted fatefully into a real cartoon and that's what I'm getting. with the added bonus of seeing how an Immortal being like Conner is affected by these SCPs.
Its fun and its cool seeing these SCPs you usually don't see being adapted.

>I love the surge of scp threads on Sup Forums
Not that I mind it at all, but why is SCP a Sup Forums property anyway? I always felt it would fit more on /tg/, or old /x/ (considering its origins too).

>Well as I said already what is wrong with this
Nobody said it's "wrong", just lazy.

>as I already said how is this any diffrent from someone adapting a comic book story into a film/cartoon,

How can you not comprehend the difference? Let me give two scenarios:

>come up with a cool concept for a horror antagonist
>make some awesome "monsters/things" using the concept
>make some awesome stories involving the characters you already made
>make an adaptation of those cool stories that you made already, given you own all of those IPs that you made yourself

VS

>see example 1's work and like it
>copy/paste it into my own work wholesale to pad out my OC-dating-a-qt-psychologist fanfic

It's not the same thing. Example 1 used hard work to create a new story, example 2 just took example 1's work and retreaded it without permission.

I feel like if an immortal being were constantly exposed to a wide variety of scp's things would get rather nasty either for said immortal or else for everyone around him real fast
hence why the "no crosstesting" rule is an in-universe thing

You get threads there all the time too.
Most SCP threads I've seen were on Sup Forums and a lot of them even hit bump limit.
SCPs kind of beloved by most. Its one of the few things on this site most seem to enjoy.

I just want something with an actual budget, plot and direction. And that attempts to follow the rules of the fucking thing its adapting. Shit like is one of my main problems with this show.

issue with the "rules" is that the entire site runs heavily on selective canon

But then it wouldn't be SCP.
If your not adapting any of the hundreds of ready and made SCPs that everyone one loves and just making your own shit what's even the point in calling it SCP? you might as well just call it something different if your just going to take the structure of SCP and leave it at that.

SCP doesn't actually fit any board, which means pretty much any board that is about some sort of storytelling can have a thread on it if the mods don't mind.

Sup Forums makes the most sense to me, given this SCPs are an autism-fueled creepypasta-without-actually-giving-you-the-story type of thing, and Sup Forums and discuss shit like that forever. /tg/ is more about games than stories, and /x/ people would rather jerk off to "real" stuff or at least pretend to.

I just want to say Fuck whoever posted Cragglewood Park in the last thread.

Ive been creeped out since.

How is it that humanity is remotely alive in the SCP universe? Even the bad-joke tomato plant is more than capable of multiple homicides.

>I just want something with an actual budget, plot and direction
Its made by one guy dude.
And it does have a plot structure and direction

There's no real canon to SCP.
Its best just not to think about it

No idea. Either the foundation is REALLY good at their jobs or they just get lucky most of the time.

humanity has gone near-extinct several times already and it has pulled them back from the brink each time

>If your not adapting any of the hundreds of ready and made SCPs that everyone one loves and just making your own shit what's even the point in calling it SCP? you might as well just call it something different if your just going to take the structure of SCP and leave it at that.
Yeah, that's my point. This isn't an original work, it's taken the lazy route to latch onto something else. This COULD have been it's own work, but it chose to cling to something big and basically be a fanfiction adaptaiton series with an OC subplot.

SCP isn't owned by one person, but it's not just a free-for-all to steal content from either. Someone could easily write up SCP articles, and then use their own SCP in videos.

>Either the foundation is REALLY good at their jobs
well they are supposed to be made up of the best humanity has to offer and thankfully they got rid of the zanzy schemes

I like that in the scp universe for once the secret (super)-governmental organization is actually highly competent instead of just being fodder for whatever protagonist the series has.

I know it'll never happen but the basic concept of an SCP movie would be wonderful.

It's a shame that At the Mountains of Madness got fucked. Stupid studio.

Its weird how the worst board Sup Forums has really comfy SCP threads were everyone gets along and just discuses SCP.
There some of the most fun I've had on Sup Forums

Not an SCP are dangerous, and in fact some protect humanity.

I dunno you're the one posting a pic of a dude making out with Black Cat

But I want to see the SCPs be adapted.
It's what most people want.
Why do you think in every SCP thread you get 50 people saying they wish there were legit SCP games or shows or movies.
Because they love the fiction and want to see someone adapt it.

Choose an SCP
Ready?
No cheating faggot
last warning
You are now on a mandatory date with your chosen SCP. How does it go?

1048 could be interesting
I imagine it making a copy out of one of Connor's old corpses. It'd basically be Connor with a Teddy Bear head, and also unable to die.

A little of column a, a little of column b.

Literally the greatest luck in the entire omniverse. Also because of things like 2000, 179 and her brother (the Fucking Sun), 999, the ocassional benevolent deity, and many, many, many others.

Sup Forums is really good at having non-vidya/poltical threads. Probably because all shitposters are effectively contained to console war shitposting and Sup Forums-posting

scp-wiki.net/scp-106
But....how will we kiss?

>682
>try to kiss 682
>pic related

>Yeah, that's my point. This isn't an original work, it's taken the lazy route to latch onto something else.

But I wanted to see an SCP cartoon.

What's the problem here? Why should it be a problem if the guys went "lazy" and didn't make a new setting for his shit? What's the problem with someone wanting to do fanfiction rather than his own thing?

>SCP isn't owned by one person, but it's not just a free-for-all to steal content from either

How is this in any way stealing? SCP has alwaysgiven freedom for people to use it in whatever way they please, and the Fishmonger incident was infamous like it was because everyone got angry at one writer because he claimed property for his work and got pissy wth it. There's no canon.

>The Red Pool
I am royally fucked. At best it could be reasoned with so it only toys with me; at least it looks cool.

On a slightly different subject, I'm glad that there's a small but dedicated nip fanbase for SCP. They make some great fanart

If a Slenderman movie can happen in 2018, anythings possible user.

But this isn't "SCP: The series". This is someone that hasn't even mentioned SCP in the show's title. This is a way to get a shitty OC plotline padded out with other people's stories.

If they wanted to make an SCP animated series they should have dropped the OC characters and just animated the SCPs stories without any OC bullshit clogging it up.

So... I’m going on a date with Big Foot?

Bring lubricant, breathe-mints, and meat you've hidden salt-peter in.

Nice trips and good advice.

>What's the problem
You're still latched onto some concept of a "problem" or that something is "wrong". That still hasn't been claimed.

This is a discussion thread, and "the content is made the lazy way" is a discussion point. I brought it up because people seem to be having these threads while under the impression that this is some amazing series that does things in new exciting ways with great designs and monsters and lore... but it does none of that originally, it's taking better stories and adapting them in a fanfiction setting.

Like, imagine if someone had a generic shitty self-insert comic... and then they flat out copied-and-pasted garfield comics into it and made it canon that garfield was their real cat because Jon died. That's not an original work, it's copying another work and using it to boost your own mediocre work. If you remove all the SCP shit you're left with an extremely basic plot about a dude hooking up with his psychologist, and even that much was done off-screen.

>This is someone that hasn't even mentioned SCP in the shows title
the name SCP is dropped every five seconds in this show what are you on about? everyone and there moms know Condiment as "That SCP cartoon."

And Conner adds a lot to the show he's funny he has dry humour and he has interesting interactions with the other SCPs.
It wouldn't work as well with normal D class

Not him, but that's the point you pretentious cock-gargler.
It's not art, and it doesn't need to be, it's just animating scips and having some small amount of story to go with it.
You're judging it by something that it was never supposed to be.

>If you remove all the SCP shit you're left with an extremely basic plot about a dude hooking up with his psychologist, and even that much was done off-screen.
That's the fucking point, Christ. It's "SCP, but animated".

>If you remove all the SCP shit you're left with an extremely basic plot about a dude hooking up with his psychologist, and even that much was done off-screen.
But that's not the main focus at all.
I get that if you took everything out but that it would seem basic and boring but its just a subplot to add to the show and add to Conners Character.
We are all here to see the SCPs and so is Loud Bung.

>the name SCP is dropped every five seconds in this show what are you on about? everyone and there moms know Condiment as "That SCP cartoon."
But someone searching "SCP cartoon" on youtube won't find it as a series with SCP in the title, they'll see "containment" and ignore it.

Is there an SCP whose only real abnormality is being immune to those "subjects who interact with this SCP begin showing unusual behavior/symptoms" SCP?

No, that would be boring.

>we sent SCP-X to see SCP-interesting, results are uninteresting

repeat a thousand times.

Why do the SCP's have to be all about death and misery
>no giantess SCP made of warm soil and living clay that wants nothing more than to burrow into the ground and go to sleep
>no flesh transfigured SCP that is just a human skeleton inside a human shaped figure comprised of water that has a huge crush on you
>no computer that connects to the internet in simultaneous past, present, and future states
>no cute gf who loves you
Who the fuck writes these canon SCP's anyway?

>If a Slenderman movie can happen in 2018, anythings possible user.
I will never not be mad about how Slenderman was destroyed, largely thanks to the game.

There are fucking tons of those "just weird" SCPs. The J-class ones are usually not about death or misery, and even the "canon" ones aren't all bad. You realize they have an entire class for "safe", and then the other classes contain some non-evil entities too, right?

Oh shit thanks user

>Why do the SCP's have to be all about death and misery
Because at its core SCP is a horror series.
This isn't DC or Marvel were there are Heroes and everything had a purpose.

Almost every SCP is what you would call "A mistake"
Something that just shouldn't exist in our world.
Something like the fairies that make your body into teeth, Or the Toaster that makes you think your a toaster.
They serve no purpose or have any reason to exist.
Just cosmic mistakes in the universe.

scp-wiki.net/scp-3922

>Monstro the whale is disintegrated by an orbital energy weapon

Fucking amazing