Morrison or Millar? You must choose one, then other's work is erased from existence

Morrison or Millar? You must choose one, then other's work is erased from existence.

That's easy. Morrison.

Morrison

glad to see anons I agree with

Millar easily
Starlight and Jupiter's Circle/Legacy > any meta bullshit Morrison pumps out

Meta bullshit > ow the edge

I'd have to say Morrison but I am a huge fan of Millar's. It'd be a tough decision for sure.

this

Morrison, duh.

Morrison. Are you daft? Life over death, any day.

neither

Millar
Pandering fan boy writers like Morrison are a dime a dozen

freddy krueger is not an option user

so we lose Trouble, Unfunnies and Nemesis
Tough choice

We have a consensus anons...Millar's work is hereby erased from existence
>pours one out for his authority run

I pick Morrison. Because since you imply Millar's work would still exist if Morrison's was erased, then in that scenario Millar found another way in to do the same works he did and would still have the same unintended bad effect on Marvel. (ie pushes for the narrative of Hank Pym being a wife-beater, Civil War affecting how events and Marvel do things, etc)

hmm maybe in that timeline we have an R rated avengers with wife beating
you must really hate marvel...it's definitely the pleb choice if you want quality writing but it does have some :)

yes, and Mark Millar is one of them

I thought that user picked Morrison to erase Millar's Marvel work.

oops well alternate millar timeline sounded kinda interesting to me I guess

Morrison.
Erasing Unfunnies would make a better world.

never mind Unfunnies, erasing Civil War would save Marvel

Morrison.

Millar has great ideas but can't execute them. That's why movies based on his ideas are better than what he comes up with.

I only got itt because I thought the choice was between Milligan and Morrison. Millar is shit and all of his good work was ghost written / suggested by Morrison, while the edgy shit just overflows whenever the man is left alone.

Trick question. Without Morrison, most of Millar's work doesn't exist.

Morrison. I don't suck his dick like most of Sup Forums, but he's definitely better than Millar.

I don't even like Morrison that much, but I'd choose him in a heartbeat. His worst works are at least unreadable due to be indecipherable, whereas Millar's worst stuff is unreadable due to being pure, concentrated awfulness.

Millar. No Marvel Civil War, also other than Red Son what has he written which is good?

Millar literally got into writing comics because he was a Morrison fanboy

I fucked up my answer I meant I'd keep Morrison.

there are lots of writers that you could pit against morrison that would make this a difficult choice

millar is not one of them

Millar is the Scottish Geoff Johns. His Huck, Starlight and Jupiter's legacy read like mediocre fan fiction that Johns and Waid usually write.

Morrison. Holy shit how is this even a question?

A lot of what Millar wrote might've been straight up thrash, but he wrote great runs on Swamp Thing and Superman(Not red Son, which was shit).

This is actually an interesting point, but I think OP implied that in this scenario, Millar's work would still be published if you chose him, despite the paradoxes.

>hmm maybe in that timeline we have an R rated avengers with wife beating

You probably wouldn't, because assuming Morrison's Marvel work was erased while Millar's stayed in place (somehow) then the only thing that would be affected would be Marvel Boy and New X-Men. Millar would still do Ultimate X-Men, Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four (with that Marvel Zombies arc that became a franchise till Disney bought it), Civil War, Old Man Logan, etc etc. And assuming everything else is the same, Marvel would still do Marvel Studios and then get bought out by Disney which quietly tries to avoid doing the edgier things that Millar did. So it'd pretty much be the same as it was here.

If you chose Morrison in order to erase Millar's Marvel work, then Ultimate X-Men is written by someone else, I don't know who. Maybe they coerce Bendis into doing that, or maybe they put Morrison on that instead. Ultimates or Ultimate Avengers or whatever it would be called would end up very different, especially since we have no idea who would be writing it. It probably won't have Pym as a wife-beater or Hulk as a cannibal. Without Millar on Ultimate Fantastic Four, you don't get the Marvel Zombies (IIRC Bendis thought it was a stupid idea when Millar first suggested it but then saw Millar got it to work). And without Civil War, you don't get that as a template for them to do future events (hero vs hero!, etc etc). It does make me wonder how they'd do One More Day without Civil War, maybe it's just a smaller-scale thing without Peter's identity revealed to the world, and just to Kingpin or whoever. Without Old Man Logan... well I guess Fox could use Wolverine: The End as a super-loose basis or something.

Man, Marvel would be so vastly different if you erased Millar's work.

Because it's all insincere bull shit made up of every trope you can imagine. Huck has no character aside being a country retard and we're supposed to find this somehow charming because oh look the idiot did a nice thing? Fuck off Millar.

Even worse was him trying to explain this shift in his writing as some sort of return to the the golden age naivety when Millar's been beating and raping that corpse and its how he made his name.

Mil-
>civil war

wait no, Mor-
>X-Men run, Batman with Damian etc

ummmm

Morrison, without question. Most of Millar's best works were just him trying to emulate Morrison anyway.