DC's 'No Justice' Sets the Stage for New Justice League Comics

The conclusion of DC Comics event Dark Nights: Metal will bring about some big changes for the Justice League comic line, IGN has learned from DC.

Following the events of Metal, which ends on March 14 with Issue #6, there will be a four-issue weekly miniseries that kicks off on May 9 called Justice League: No Justice co-written by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Joshua Williamson with art by Francis Manapul.

Upon concluding, ‘No Justice’ will set the stage for a family of Justice League comics starting in June, with the flagship title being written by Snyder and the others by Tynion, Williamson, and more. No artists have been revealed for any of these titles.

Metal, written by Snyder and drawn by Greg Capullo, features the Justice League battling seven evil Batmans who are invading the DC Universe from the Dark Multiverse.

>“We thought we knew the entire map of the DC cosmos,” Snyder said in a statement given to IGN. “We thought we had explored all there was to explore. But now we know that all this time the Multiverse was nothing but a fishbowl, and now we’ve been dumped into the ocean, unleashing terrifying new threats, and wondrous new possibilities. Metal opened up channels of storytelling that Francis, James, Joshua and I are excited to explore in a big way. When we’re finished, fans will never look at the Justice League in the same way again.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2018/01/26/dcs-no-justice-sets-the-stage-for-new-justice-league-comics-creators
dccomics.com/blog/2018/01/26/scott-snyder-joins-forces-with-james-tynion-iv-and-joshua-williamson
waifu2x.udp.jp/
dccomics.com/sites/default/files/styles/blog_gallery_zoomed_image/public/NoJustice_001_pencils_010-011_5a6b8e61c3c021.33976658.jpg?itok=3QONhzX4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The plot of ‘No Justice’ sees Brainiac warn the Justice League about a cosmic-level threat on the way to destroy Earth. When the heroes find out that even the combined might of the Justice League (including some unlikely new recruits) isn’t enough to stop it, Brainiac advises them with a plan. His strategy involves the heroes allying with villains and splitting up into four specialized teams. The fate of a different alien world depends on the success of each team, but if they fail, it’s game over not just for Earth but the entire DC Universe”

>“I’m laying out the biggest action of my life,” Manapul said in a statement. “The Justice League realizes that they need to expand their reach to become something bigger than they have ever been before. If you thought my work for Justice League: Darkseid War was huge, I’m taking the League to the edge of the cosmos with ‘No Justice.’ Anyone who has asked for Harley Quinn, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, Zatanna, The Atom, Raven, or Doctor Fate to be in their personal Justice League will stand up and cheer.”

To make way for the new Justice League titles, the current Justice League creative team, Christopher Priest and Pete Woods, will end their run on April 18 with Issue #43. Justice League of America, by Steve Orlando and various artists, will wrap up on April 11 with Issue #29.

No details were given on what project Capullo will tackle next, but DC said to expect news soon.

ign.com/articles/2018/01/26/dcs-no-justice-sets-the-stage-for-new-justice-league-comics-creators

>Harley
>Damian

Gross

Heroes being forced to team up with villains sounds like it could be cool.

>oh shit, this team is per-
>fucking Beast Fag
Ugh.

>Harley on the Justice League
Well shit. I suppose we should've all fucking seen that one coming. I don't even care if it's temporary(not holding my breath), this has officially gotten out of hand.

Diana's team is cool at least. Maybe she'll finally get to act like a leader for once.

You guys are freaking out about Harley, but I'm wondering why Damian is in the league

>all those shitty teams
>no Firestorm anywhere
fucking a

>doctor Fate
if you bait me with this but don't actually deliver, or worse, you give me Khaleed instead of Kent, I'm going to be violent, Scott.

fuck yeah Starro

Welcome to the big Leagues Flash. Equal to the Trinity.

>Ryan back in his armor suit
But Ray just gave him the classic Atom costume!

>Raven
>Fate
>Diana
>Zatanna
>MOTHERFUCKING ETRIGAN

BEST NEW TEAM. EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO HOME

>4 issues

meh

Oh, it's another universe ending ending threat with absolutely no real stakes or tension to it, how exciting

>Deathstroke
>The Main Man
I'm in.

Images from DC sites, if anyone knows how to get them on bigger size please post them

dccomics.com/blog/2018/01/26/scott-snyder-joins-forces-with-james-tynion-iv-and-joshua-williamson

>about a cosmic-level threat on the way to destroy Earth

manhattan right?

At least the art will be good

>that color scheme
Why is Diana's team displaying as members of House Amethyst? Dare I dream of them going to Gemworld? ... Nah, that would be fucking awesome, and we can't have cool shit for irs own sake anymore, because superhero comics are serious business for serious people.

Fuck Johns for starting this villain on the JL trend

waifu2x.udp.jp/

complaining about Harley over Deathstroke and Sinestro
nigga shut thee fuck up

>Brainiac: "I can't believe I'm saying this but....I love you Kal-El."

DC Dark Multiverse
pulling out it if they're asses until DC is as convoluted and unreadable as Marvel
then they can pull another stupid "Crisis" to pretend to fix it yet again

>art by Francis Manapul.
This four issue-weekly is going to be super delayed. Manapul's slow, and probably still in a bit of grief given that the police haven't caught his sister-in-law's killer yet.
>who is Major Disaster

>Orlando and Priest are out
>Because DC needs to push the new (((event)))

That's two books off my pull at least.

>Tynion and Williamson
oh, so it's trash

>wasting Manapul on this trash
>more Tynion
>more Williamson
eww

I hope they put Priest on Suicide Squad or Hellblazer

it's only 4 parts, i'm assuming it's mostly done if they're talking about it

I like this team’s a lot

I don’t hate this one

>Harley
Literally why? She has literally never been remotely interesting as an anti hero, injustice included. I don’t give a fuck if she sells, insert her into runs I don’t care about, fuck

dccomics.com/sites/default/files/styles/blog_gallery_zoomed_image/public/NoJustice_001_pencils_010-011_5a6b8e61c3c021.33976658.jpg?itok=3QONhzX4

i guess all the shiny lights are Brainiac something?

>Manapul will never draw Green Arrow in your lifetime.
>Green Arrow will never be apart of a team book again.

GOAT teams right here.

Also is Starro just MvC Shuma-Gorath now?

Quite likely.

JLA is terrible and JL is painfully meh.

Slade is a hired gun, and Sinestro's whole shitck is protecting the universe. The fuck is Harley doing here other than editorial shilling?

>But what about Damian?
Nepotism. Also editorial shilling.

Priest on Suicide Squad would be great. Priest on Synergy Squad would be terrible
>Hellblzer
HOLY FUCKING CRINGE

Bitch, you ahd Ferreyra. Stop bitching.

he's also a lot like that final fantasy in him too now

he's great in metal in that like 2 panels

>Wonder Woman shitting up the New Gods
>now shitting up the magic side
God, I fucking hate this cunt.

So which of these will Bendis be writing?

>Flash with these losers.

Aaaand dropped before I even picked it up.

>Justice League of America, by Steve Orlando and various artists, will wrap up on April 11 with Issue #29.
LONG OVER DUE
This book is somehow more shit than Superwoman

>Tynion
Disgusting.

So i guess they are all mind-controlled and probably the green lanterns will be the key to save them since the are not in any rooster?

I prefer Schmidt to Ferreyra, desu. But GA is losing both and Percy, so we'll see how it goes.

> Scott Snyder will take over writing duties on Justice League, while Tynion and Williamson will pen spin-off series, with more planned spin-offs from other as yet unnamed writers to follow.

If I had to guess I'd say Wonder Woman

ouch

like Heckblazer can get any fucking worse

Alien Team/OP Team

Tech team

Magic team

??? What was left?

>So i guess they are all mind-controlled
No.
>The plot of ‘No Justice’ sees Brainiac warn the Justice League about a cosmic-level threat on the way to destroy Earth. When the heroes find out that even the combined might of the Justice League (including some unlikely new recruits) isn’t enough to stop it, Brainiac advises them with a plan. His strategy involves the heroes allying with villains and splitting up into four specialized teams. The fate of a different alien world depends on the success of each team, but if they fail, it’s game over not just for Earth but the entire DC Universe”

>Damian made in the league
>Dick is still in second rate team
Lmao

Human

>??? What was left?

According to filename that team is Team Wisdom... Yeah, I really don't know what type of wisdom can Harley have either

So it's Our Worlds At War rehash with a hamfisted super villain team up gimmick. Yawn.

Flash, Cyborg, and Atom all have like weird multi-dimension stuff going on. Damien and Harley cause I guess gotta have some bats?

I'd like to point out that Tynion is involved in this but so far no versions of Tim Drake are mentioned, so that's a plus for me

>Harley Quinn
>wisdom
... Wow. I am legitimately speechless.

What's up with the Damian shilling lately? He is literally everywhere and he isn't like a popular character to begin with.

Flash is a CSI, Damian is the Batman know-it-all tactician, Cyborg is the tech, Harley is the psychiatrist/medicine/healer? and Ryan is the scientist.

>JLAliens
Neat. I love seeing Supes and MM team up.

Because of TTG. Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Revan and Beast Boy.

>harley
>wisdom

Why aren't Dick's Titans involved in this? Or will DC forget about them again when something big is going on like always?

>Kryptonian
>Martian
>Tamaranian
>Korugarian / Lantern
>Starro
Who the fuck is this team prepped for, the fucking Gentry?

He's Robin. Robin gets shilled a ton. It is why Tim's fans are so pissed off he lost the Robin title.

>Brainiac and Supes
It’s been so fucking long, I missed those two going up against one another.

Anons.
I have to admit, I kinda like this. I wanted mai boi Fate back for some time, and teamming him up with zatanna and edrigan is great.
Team edgelord with bats, lex and slade also looks great.

Why they should be involved? Titans team is a freaking joke.

I do. I have been getting so bored of DC lately, but this seem promising.

So Teams
Earth
Magic
Space
Speedforce

They are currently disassembled as a team by the JL, and i hope they'll get a new writer and artist since good chances are their ride will end soon
Even JLA is getting cancelled in april

i've never asked for harley quinn. if anything i wish she was scrubbed from existence. man i despise snyder and his cohort.

Why does Batman love Lobo so much? Didn’t think they would ever get along

DC had one job
swap
Harley Quinn with Lex Luthor on team Bats and you have a solid edgelord team

>Tim's fans are so pissed off he lost the Robin title

Tim has been shilled a lot in rebirth

>Speedforce
Barry's the only speedster there.

I think got it. They're stuff like scientists, engineers, etc.

No, throw Harley off the league, fully. Actually, she's on team boredom, so her team won't sale and be discarded eventually anyway, so it's fine.

You can't have it both ways
although I don't recall anyone asking for Harley to join the Justice League

You figure that they would logically be more involved over teens, but I agree. The team is a joke and the book is garbage. This just proves again that DC doesn't give a shit about them.

user, he was literally put in limbo for year for nothing since he didn't play a big role in Rebirth plot like they said he would.

I don't think a new writer is going to fix the Titans. It has always been a mess.

So which writer is gonna get which team?

>Harley
>team wisdom
What did DC mean by this?

i don't want any of it. i'd rather have johns back on jl then snyder and tynion. i figured priest would have more time on the title honestly and i was curious to see how he would handle the team.

Let's be real here, Detective Comics Comics doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't Batman.

Snyder on Team Superman, Tynion on Team Batman, Williamson on Team Flash, and WILDCARD (Bendis?) on Team Wonder Woman.

They sure care about TT.

It doesn’t say it but I bet Teen Titans is cancelled too

There's no way they cancel Teen titans.