Work on your art/donut steel thread

Keep at it, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/mrjonyuen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

his name is Vince, he used to look a lot shittier

I've finally finished the fourth script for the show I'm planning to pitch eventually. Took me longer than the other three

Fuck off generals are cancer

A dumb chatacter doodle

some plot crap for a series im working on

Just drew these brand new characters.

here's a gal. what do you think of her?

your sketches always have a lot of nice movement to them. :-]

oh no

Funny man with a hat. Love the crosshatching

I always loved the look of your works.

You got a place you dump your stuff at? Also how did you come up with this style?

Thank you so much user. :-]
You can find me on different sites under "yugsly".

My style is inspired by american and soviet cartoons from the 50s and 60s mostly, with a little bit of "crayon shin chan" thrown in. Those were just the kind of things i always liked, so they wormed their way into the way i draw.

Thanks friend

Another page on my never ending quest to complete this comic.

Sorry if this is irrelevant, but for the drawfags here I want to get back into art, what's a good place to upload art for critiquing?

Goofy aliens.

this thread son.
What better critique than the masters of good taste, the very anons of this very board.

I'll keep an eye on these types of threads then and post something once I've got it.

Now this is a good boy

Drawing up some shit while I'm pushing against a semi-art block, here's some frog and his passably human deity.

Wonderful.
A comfy Rumiko Takahashi feel, nice.
Nice drawing. But I'm wondering why does the boy frog have a frog body, and not a human one like the lady?

you're wonderful

I love this guy.

And even then I feel like I can and should push it more

thanks homies, I feel more motivated to get off my ass and draw some more

powerful

Something about this really reminds me of Lisa. I like it a lot.

Stolen from art thread a few days ago lololol

thx bois, I love Lisa and realized I subconsciously ripped off Carp after I was done with it.
that was me on /ic/ unless someone else posted it here

So when you guys do your art, do you sketch it on rough paper and scan it in, or do you prefer all digital?

scanner for black and white stuff, all digital for colored until I git gud with traditional coloring

High octane gothic action

Just testing some head using some shape

All digital for me. Don't have to mess with pencil and eraser shavings, sharpening pencils, or dealing with stacks of paper etc. etc.

Plus my grasp is shaky as shit. Ctrl+z actually lets me draw without hating myself.

All digital because it's convenient and I'm lazy

I can only stomach black and white so far, so scanner for me, little levels adjustment and it's good.

I don't like the first three.
But the rest are fantastic.

Well the first three are the primary protagonists, so that's unfortunate. Any particular reason you don't like them?

If I had to give a reason,
It's that they look dull and plain when the others look so colorful and expressive.

reposting this

I've got nothing new to post yet so i'll bump the thread with some past drawings for some (you)s

Wip one of the gods in my story. Also one of my fave characters.

I prefer traditional in general, but when I do digital I like doing everything digital since I finally got a tablet a few months ago.

Oh, well that's fine. I drew them out of uniform since I don't usually draw them without headgear, I was just worried the characters themselves looked less compelling. How about now?

Juni? that you? When can we expect the new issue to release?

All digital is what I'm familiar with, but doing things traditional is helping me draw more confidently in sketching and inking.

I'm selling my fucking tablet
this shit is absolutely unbearable

Restart your computer 3 fucking times to maybe be able to even have it fucking show up on the control panel so it can tell you how fucked your drivers are because mr 300 dollar piece of equipment just gets to randomly decide it doesnt want to work (spoiler: it never fucking wants to work) so you can go on the internet and go through pages of random people using random-ass solutions that just maybe may or may not work depending on the day, the phases of the moon and whether or not the morning star has made 3 paces across a black cats fucking balls in a past life on this day

This thing has actively killed my desire to draw. Fuck it. Fuck digital drawing. Fuck any sort of future in art FORCING you to use one of these god damn useless pieces of fucking garbage.

low test

yeeah. Wacom software a shit.

sounds like you have a bad computer....i literally never have problems with tablets....

Other user here. My Intuos pro 2017 doesn't work with PS, so I had to get another drawing software.
Even reinstalled Windows to try and fix it.
And I've got a good computer.

Well, that's definitely better.
I still feel you could push it a bit further.

what tablet

intuos pro

Just because it has to be said.
You have uninstalled and reinstalled the tablet and drivers, and also updated the drivers and firmware?

multiple times

Try the tablet at a different computer (in case it's broke)
Try a different drawing software
Reinstall your OS
Go traditional

Not for a while.

Probably gonna make an email to everyone shortly, but something came up : a publisher hit me up for a project very similar, and I'm currently working on it.
If it pans out, I'm looking at actual physical publication, and the possibility to work on my own afro-centric fantasy stuff without compromises.

im sorry Batman i let you down

I've spent the day filling 10 a3 pages of Bridgeman hand studies and watching 17 episodes of Orphan Black
I am so very tired, Batman.

Is that guy who created a naked muslim girl character here?

How do fat people work? They have the same skeleton but look really different?

Go to Services and restart your Wacom device, that usually does the trick.

>Fuck any sort of future in art FORCING you to use one of these god damn useless pieces of fucking garbage.

That's why Cintiqs are the industry standard. No one actually wants to use a tablet that disconnects your eyes from the pen, but at least it's not in the thousand dollar range.

Skin Staples.

It sounds super silly, but there are parts of the body that don't accumulate fat, so fat accumulates in pcokets around the body. These pockets grow big and stretch the skin, the skin staples are more or less attached to the bone, which is why you get large folds and shit with fat people.

Same skeleton, and the skin is all there, but the pockets of fat and gravity cause it to lurch out in different ways. I had taken an Anatomy class two years back that had a whole presentation on this which made some of the larger people in class super upset. Not as upset as the Skeletal and Muscular differences between Men and Women though, which is obvious, but my art college has a lot of transgender students who didn't take well to being told they'd never fully be able to be the other sex.

Space criminals

Man, mine was useless then. Only one skeleton shown and how the different parts of the body work together was unknown.

Ah, yeah.

My professor for the class was one of the consultants for some of the artist anatomy books, like that big red one that I forget the name of, and worked on a lot of those ecorche models, so it helped to have a professor who actually knew his stuff.

He kept mentioning though that he was going to end up retiring before he could find someone to teach all of his anatomy knowledge though because people have stopped caring and it would take years for him to teach someone properly.

Doesn't matter how many you do or how many pages you fill up.

Do a little a day, and be sure that you're actually learning and studying them and how they work, and you'll learn much better and faster than doing busy work mindlessly.

Especially watching Orphan Black in the background, best to just work without distractions.

Is that really the best way to managing your practice and art? Do a little study if you want to draw things you like and vice-versa?

I redrew some characters I created a long time ago for that "draw a rabbit" thread yesterday (or Thursday, I think). It got archived before I could post it.

I also made this a few minutes ago.

Doing warm up practices and studies daily, and actually studying and learning from it, is better than long bouts of study for the sake of study, especially with distractions.

Do some gestures/figure work, do some anatomy studies, make sure you actually like what you're doing and you won't burn out and you'll keep learning and improving.

And don't do just one body part a week or something, move around and come back. Different parts relate to one another and you can learn from some parts by working on others, some muscles in the arms will relate to the hand and etc.

Looks like Greenblatt's work. Nice job.

Hey, no big. Wherever success takes you. Just glad to see someone here make it.

I like the orange jujube with the mustache.

I have no idea, I just drew the two of them with no image in mind, maybe he's cursed?

painted an infinity war spidey a couple days ago

I like this a lot. I enjoy seeing Wario and Waluigi happy.

This has great coloring. Got a blog?

Trying to figure out the color scheme for a character of mine.

>Doing Drawabox Fundy training
>Feel like I'm finally getting the hang of rough perspective
>Most my edges are lining up with the VP
>Next day it's all gone to shit

instagram.com/mrjonyuen
i also have a twitter with the same handle

I really like this semi painterly effect, do either of you have any process videos or tutorials?

Asians look good in yellow.

It means that the knowledge is settling. This is a good thing. Keep it up.

im not sure if this is allowed but eh, its not quite nude.

nice

Have you tried the services trick? Sometimes restarting the wacom services (control panel > administrative tools > services) work. Don't need restart, don't need hustle. Works on my Intuos 4.

Old meme plus Spanish miniatures game.

Nice bags of fat.

Yes, I do services. Every single time. I stop then start, I restart, then I stop then start again.

It works when it wants to, which is almost never.

Did you install it properly? Like, connecting the wacom directly to a USB port instead of using USB extensions during the install process?

Try uninstalling drivers, and then reinstalling it like that.

unf

I don't even own usb extensions, man