Will it be dog-on-a-trash-island kino?

Will it be dog-on-a-trash-island kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=fx1-RXrKKBk

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0
youtube.com/watch?v=pXgVugii5LA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't knew Wes Anderson was making a new animated movie, looks fun.

inb4 "cultural appropriation" controversy

Fantastic Mr. Fox was so good, can't wait

I saw a trailer for this in the cunema. I'm still not sure if it's a Western film or a nip film.

It's a (Wes)tern film, by Wes Anderson, who did Fantastic Mr Fox.

Gotta love that post-war Japan look. That great mix of traditional Japanese culture and the western industrialism, it's so good.
Like pre-cyberpunk neo tokyo

It's great that Wes Anderson has gotten so into making stop motion animated films. All of his characters are weirdly listeless and robotic anyway. It's like a natural progression into a cinematic environment that's perfect for him: a place of complete control where he can just move his quirky, stilted doll-like characters around a hyper-controlled set and do whatever he wants with the visuals and cinematography.

You have a point here. I love Wes Anderson films but there's something implaceably... not real about the people in it. Like they're not normal but you can't describe why. And don't get me started on the world they occupy.

Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson films too. But I see how stop motion animation as a medium could be uniquely forgiving of his weaknesses (un-human characters) and supportive of his strengths (cinematography).

But what is up with his characterization?!? It's like a bad kids play or a group of aliens told to imitate human emotion. They're just flat and unnerving.

I always found that oddly charming of his characters, they didnt feel real, but a whole lot of his worlds dont feel real, dont know exactly how to explain it.

Yeah, exactly. It's eerie. It's like a world created by an old librarian who collects gaudy trinkets and bright knick knacks.

Like a fairytale made without any of the fantasy elements.

Not sure I see what you're talking about. How so?

It's odd seeing Wes Anderson seemingly revert to an older style. The Grand Budapest Hotel was surprisingly self-aware about the whole ridiculousness of his style.
This seems pure unashamed Wes Anderson

lol at people pointing out Anderson's predominantly white casts and then this movie having a character with an afro be literally white.
I like him anyway though

I was going to post exactly this.

Won't happen. It's Japan. Plus most Asians are just happy to see any representation in the mainstream afaik

The broad archetypes and stoic and precise wording.

It's whatever the fuck Fantastic Mr Fox was

Is this a kids' movie? Because I don't see the average family taking their children to see it (lack of fart/poop jokes and pop-music in the trailer).

Is this a kids' movie? Because I don't see the average family talking their children to see it (lack of fart/poop jokes and pop-music in the trailer).

Is this a kids' movie? Because I don't see the average family taking their children to see it (lack of fart/poop jokes and pop-music in the trailer)

Yeah I loved Grand Budapest after being lukewarm on Moonrise Kingdom. Maybe it's not fair to compare child leads to based Ralph Fiennes

Moonrise Kingdom was peak Wes Anderson. It definitely wasn't his best movie or my favourite, but it was definitely his most his to the point of nearly being a parody

It's not going to be the Japanese bitching, you know.

Is this a big guys' movie? Because I don't see the average CIA bringing their friends to see it (lack of for-you jokes and Hans Zimmer in the trailer).

Moonrise Kingdom is my favorite, I love kids in love stories.

To be fair you don't really have a high budget pitching stop motion animation if you don't have those sweet Nike Bucks, Wes should team up with Liaka someday.

Pardon the duplicate post. I don't know why I can't delete them.

I enjoyed it, but I found it emotionally shallow.
Wes Anderson's best movies balance both the quirkiness and the real emotions. Life Aquatic, Royal Tennenbaums, Grand Budapest all had authentic touching moments

I know Liakaat one point were very vocal about wanting to have Terry Gilliam direct a film with them

It felt like a Wes Anderson version of 80s kids on an adventure movie.
All I want from Laika is a Phantom Tollbooth movie

>80s kids on an adventure movie.

Maybe that was my problem I have no love for The Goonies

Stand by Me is better imo

Adventures in Babysitting is best

>albino girl with a freckles and a huge affro
>in post WWII japan

wut

What was your opinion on Fantastic Mr. Fox? It was one of my favorite books from childhood, so when I saw the movie, my first intro to Anderson's style, I was initially really confused about why the tone was so weird. Then it won me over pretty quickly with it's humor.

>she has a crush on a little boy, but appears to be at least a teenager

hmm

I was unfamiliar with the book, but the move had me as soon as Heroes and Villains started playing

I think it's a great movie.
Wes Anderson's ultra-quirky style can get grating, but with stop motion animals, it all just clicks together, complimenting each other
Someone post that waterfall webm. Fucking amazing

I like this style of animation and the story seems cute so I'll probably watch it

I always found his stories are told in a way that deliberately make them like a sort of whimsical fairytale.

He's just a neurotic weird man with an odd brain. Possible aspie
I like how escapist they are, it's interesting to see something so unreal and "specific". The world would definitely be a little blander without him

>unreal and "specific"
That's a good way to put it, the settings and set pieces are so unreal but they are so meticulously made and placed that the worlds seem alive

Who gives a fuck?

Last time this fight happened, the protestors successfully got the exhibit shut down, over the wishes of the actual japanese community.

But Isle of Dogs stars like 8 Japanese actors.

Why dogs and not cats? I and most people can't stand those overgrown rats

I really miss big hair.

Are you asking why the movie is about dogs, or why they exiled dogs to the island and not cats

Why is the movie about dogs.

Why not about dogs?

Because the dogs became over-populated and a type of dog flu started to spread, which lead to their banishment, pay attention.

Because if it were about cats, the boy would have been eaten the second he landed on Trash Island

Because I and most people love our loyal companions

Cats are for soyboys and weak people

This isn't actually enough to stop the protestors. At best it reduces their chances for success.

I feel like you are making up a hypothetical situation so you can be mad

Both dogs and cats only want us because we feed them. At least cats are honest about it.

Anglosized anything is the worst fucking cancer upon this world, I've never seen anyone outside of a first generation anglo or beyond bitch about shit like cultural appropriation.
Well actually I have, but ironically it was native american's protesting a bunch of "WE WUZ NATIVES 'N' SHIEEET" blacks

Absolute shit taste
Dogs are far more endearing and infinitely superior as companions
And I don't even really hate cats because I'm not a bitter consolewars moron

Buh buh Sup Forums told me sjws never achieve anything.

Sup Forumsmblur lied

fuck yeah ken watanabe

Will faggots who use "kino" get sterilized and have their worthless offspring thrown off the mountains if it was too late?

It was a tribute to Disney's Robin Hood. Even music was same.

I feel like a lot of people like this have to have the tism. Like Kubrick movies had cold almost robotic characters but he used to be obsessed with research, a perfectionist, and redoing scenes over and over again. Probably Lynch too because he was so autistic he used to wrap dead birds and fruit in plastic to watch it rot and he showed his dad once because he was legitimately proud and he thought his son was batshit insane.

It's pretty much proven creative people have their brains wired weirdly and have higher chances to developed weird issues or obsessions.

Early reviews on Early Man are not good.

Ohh, it all makes sense now

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0

Its probably a very early shoot, but I feel this will be another Kubo.

It just looks like an animated version of that crappy Year One movie.

> Yoko ono

I don't hate the goonies but love that movies setting, adventure movies in Oregon are comfy

afro girl has a cute voice

what does she even sound like?
wouldnt she be like a million years old now?
how old is bill murray? i'm so glad he can still voice act

>Asians are just happy to see any representation in the mainstream afaik
can confirm. started watching Adventure Time and reading Walkin Dead for that reason really

Will the dog die?

it's too late people already tried to cause a stink as early as the first trailer. Ironically most overlooked the fact that the film is aggressively rooted in actual Japanese issues like urban density, stray animal rampancy, and waste management problems. It actually manages to be pretty thoroughly Japanese without flaunting fucking rising suns and katanas and kimonos and anime bullshit, which apparently is too subtle for whiny bleeding heart white kids to pick up on. Don't get me wrong cultural appropriation is still a legit problem with garbage hollywood films, but Wes Anderson actually knows what he's doing.

it's a wes anderson film

i didnt know stray animal rampancy was a thing in japan. explains something i saw in a recent japanese film. also i thought they were good at managing waste what with their complex recycling shit

>kino
Fuck off

She just sounds like an old Japanese lady
youtube.com/watch?v=pXgVugii5LA

in tokyo in particular more than the country at large, because when an animal runs away, or gets left on the street, or gets born from other strays tokyo's just so fucking big that there's literally no way for it to get out of the city. so there are huge problems with dirty strays just nesting down in human populated areas, because they can't actually afford to just slink off into uninhabited pockets when trash is the most readily available source of food for them.

>thought /ss/
>afro reporter was actually just a fellow student

Stupid trailer!

This is probably gonna be the best animated movie of the year, this or Incredibles 2

cool thanks for the info

remember Princess and the Frog? to avoid showing real life in New Orleans most of the movie takes place at fucking swamp.

She was clearly a kid too

>Bill Murray is romanized as Biru Mārei (ビル・マーレイ)
>F. Murray is romanized as F. Mārī (F・マーリー).
Why is consistency so difficult?

it's probably because of the context of the longer name with Murray not being the emphasis

oh and they are good at waste management but only because they have to be. they don't have the american luxury of having huge open swathes of land no one cares about to dump shit.