/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Ventress Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #23 (Wed 24)
Forces of Destiny: Rose & Paige (Wed 24)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi Secrets Explained
youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mXEAia46628
metro.co.uk/2016/05/24/mark-hamill-reveals-the-secret-behind-his-severed-head-in-the-empire-strikes-back-5902631/
youtube.com/watch?v=LmOPXhFensg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ventress is the superior thread

Post misconceptions you had as a kid.

When Yoda and Windu talked about the rule of two in TPM, I didn't know what that was. So, I thought they were talking more abstractly, which kinda made sense with them being Jedi and all. When Windu said, "But which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?" I thought he was talking about Obi-wan and Qui-gon

Like," yes Qui-gon died, but now we just instantly promoted this padawan to be a master to Anakin, so which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?"

I hope I explained that correctly.

I think this was it. I can see some texturing like a blast hit on one of the panels but it really does look unfinished, like way too white and clean in general compared to the other ship

>mfw I saw you reposted it in the new thread right after I replied
man the model itself looks fantastic but I'll be honest CGI Yoda in TPM looks so fucking out of place that it's more jarring than the shitty puppet they had originally in the movie

>Ubermensch

looks fine to me

it's a controversial opinion and I'll get shit for it but I really hate the design of Yoda in the prequels. Not just the original TPM puppet, but moreso the CGI one in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. The CGI itself looks incredible but it looks so different from the puppet Yoda in his head shape and face. Like his head is noticably bigger with the CGI.

I was so fucking happy the original puppet was recreated for TLJ. Regardless of whether or not you like the scene itself, you have to admit seeing the puppet again made you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
>"We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
might be a top 5 moment in the entire saga for me. Definitely a top 10.

kek that's a great theory for a kid, user

I always thought this guy was 'the guy from jurrasic park' for the longest time

well no like I said the CGI model itself is beautifully done and the fact that the one from 2002 still holds up is impressive as fuck, but seeing a 2011 CGI model in scenes from a 1999 movie that has a main character who is also fully CG but is 1999 CGI is super jarring and out of place to me. Like the CGI is too good for it to work and it's distracting. I feel the same with a lot of the CGI in the special editions too, they just look too advanced for the rest of the movie most of the time and it takes me out of it.

>The original puppet

They based it of the ROTJ puppet, not TESB.
You just gotta remember, Prequel Yoda is a younger Yoda.
>But 880 years old vs 900 doesn't make much of a difference
It does after he's gone through war, seen the Jedi fall, and had to live in swamp world for 20 years.
I doubt the snakes were full of anti bacteria medicine.

What went wrong?

I thought when Luke dueled Vader in the cave on Dagobah and the helmet showed Luke's face, it was Luke's mother. The face didn't look like Mark Hamill to me at all, so I thought Luke killed his mom in that scene as a really little kid, but when I got a little older I realized it was a vision, but I still thought it was meant to be his mom, so I thought he had a vision that he killed his mom. I never questioned it at all. I thought it was weird and the scene felt out of place because it was never mentioned again, but I just assumed it was some experimental filmmaking and Dagobah was just a weird place in general.

I didn't realize it was meant to be Luke's face until like 2015, when I was fucking 18, and saw a comment online somewhere referring to it as Luke seeing his face. It was just something I accepted and never thought about afterwards.

yeah I accepted the age difference thing when Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out and I looked at a picture of Harrison Ford in The Last Crusade and looked at him in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and had to accept the fact that there's only a 19 year difference between the films

you just answered your own question with that pic, user

It's not the one from 2002. They upgraded the RotS model for both TPM and THIS IS MADNESS.

youtube.com/watch?v=mXEAia46628

Whats weird is hearing tom kane over film CGI yoda

I thought it was a digital change when I saw it in the Blu Ray last. (I don't watch TESB that often, not my favorite movie).

The rubber Hamill head looks a lot like Hayden. Thought they were changing the meaning of the force vision, which would've been cool.

>The rubber Hamill head looks a lot like Hayden
I don't really see it.

ah I had the pre-special edition VHS and 1997 SE VHS growing up and mostly watched those, so the not so great quality and having a standard def TV for a long time made it hard to see the details in the face. It just looked feminine to me.

they were really, really going for the kitbashed-model look in Rogue One. The way they lit the CG models in that film was fucking incredible, everything looked so much more tangible than the ships in TFA and TLJ

I actually thought it was supposed to be Hayden for a while as a kid as well. RotS was my first SW movie and the ESB twist was never there for me, so whatever deeper meaning was there was lost on me

only image i can think of where he makes a face like that

From the back he does look like Hayden.

If they throw out the Force immunity and dial back the edge a little, I have no problem with the Vong being recanonized.
Their organic tech was a neat concept. Plus the shear scale of one galaxy invading another makes for an excellent setting for adventure stories.

Ackbar is so shit.

>doesn't realize shields are still up
>desperately wants to run away and leave the rebels on the surface to die
>so scared of star destroyers he would rather get rekt by the death star
>Lando has to direct the fleet at every turn

one of rian's better moves was killing that fucker off off-screen, as he deserves

whats the name of the guy that drew pic related and the phasma comic?

the legends recommendation list has stuff in chronological order which is cool
but i don't see where video games fit the timeline between books
for someone that hasn't played kotor yet, where would kotor 1 and 2 fit in the timeline?
i'd prefer to read "into the void" 1st since that's the 1st thing on there and i have a long road trip that would benefit from having an audio book

unless i'm messing up the order and kotor is the "beginning of the universe" or whatever, feel free to stop me
or feel free to tell me that "into the void" is a shit book and i shouldn't bother with it at all
im new to the EU

Legends doesnt have a consistent timeline desu. Just dive into what you think sounds interesting

Why didn't they get married and live happily ever after?

Marco Checchetto

>it's a controversial opinion
It's not a controversial opinion to dislike something in the prequels.

I love that ship ut i never wich them to be end game and Ventress need to be alive! and be bounty hunter

I can only imagine how hard Ventress would dominate Obi-wan in bed.

Why is obi-wan the CUTEst

Some questions just cannot be answered.

>When Windu said, "But which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?" I thought he was talking about Obi-wan and Qui-gon
>Like," yes Qui-gon died, but now we just instantly promoted this padawan to be a master to Anakin, so which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?"
Shit, that's a pretty cool idea

Obi-Wan is for hug, not fug

Nigga yes

I wanted these two to adapt the Ventress/Kenobi dynamic. Female villain flirting with male hero is a based scenario

You guys are fucking idiots. It's literally Luke's head. Not a rubber one made to look like him, not CGI. It's Mark Hamill standing under the set of Dagobah looking up, motionless.

metro.co.uk/2016/05/24/mark-hamill-reveals-the-secret-behind-his-severed-head-in-the-empire-strikes-back-5902631/

He does.

Can I say just general misconception? I ignored TCW movie and the cartoon general because it looked too childish. Then I watched Maul's fight with Vizsla on YT one day, holy fucking shit. I binged it in chronological order and the early episodes are a tad childish but it gets really good around the time Cad Bane shows up.

SITHED

When I first watched Empire I thought it was Leia whom was brainwashed to wear Vader's out fit and Luke accidently kills her. I always thought they looked alike. So I didnt think the face was luke's the first time.

Inkies aren't Sith.
If anything it's TRAITORED (with them being ex Jedi an all)

>Shhh. Consent was never an option.

Reminder, Ahsoka is a space pedo.

Canon.

Quite a few people held this misconception, it's okay. You rectified your mistake.

The Canon Guide (including the Google Spreadsheet Timeline) has been updated.

There wasn't much to actually add, but I decided to make a small exception and include the adaptations for Thrawn and The Last Jedi.

Unlike other adaptations which, as Pablo has said, are based on earlier inaccurate versions of the source material/scripts, (or kiddy adaptations that don't actually add any content) - Zahn and Johnson actually helped make these proper expanded editions with extended scenes. For all intents and purposes, the TLJ book IS the official Extended Edition of the movie, releasing long after the movie actually came out, so I figure it's worth including this time around.

I also just tweaked some things here and there, made the Short Stories section neater, fixed "Bomber Command", added the upcoming DJ comic, ect

And I fixed the timeline as there were some things in the wrong places. Everything should be perfect now, but as always mention anything you think I am missing!

So what are you most looking forward too? Rebels and Thrawn: Alliances for me.

LUKE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This looks so retarded

Imagine missing the point so fucking hard. Lemme guess, normies are eating that crap up, right?

Filoni understands.

Missing what point? It's pretty accurate if ANH didn't have limitations back then.

This only makes Vader look like a fucking moron swinging his lightsaber around like a club, clearly unable to see as his helmet wobbles around on his head - And Obi-Wan looks fucking like he's escaped from the old folks home in some kind of bizarre Family Guy sketch that involved him stumbling through a cosplay convention.

Ezra's head said no, but his body said yes.
His lust for sticc girls betrays him

HANDS OFF, THEY'RE MINE

Look at the WebM I posted. Rebels didn't have any limitations and they still had the common sense to slow down the fight to present a more meaningful and character driven confrontation that emphasised Obi-Wan's skill and intelligence despite clearly being withered away in the desert,

In ANH, Vader is taunting Obi-Wan, playing with his food, tapping back every meeker little thrust Obi-Wan made, while missing the point that Obi-Wan was simply stalling for time.

That fan video is (I would bloody hope) NOTHING how the scene would have played out today, "without limitations", because even if they were trying to show Obi-Wan as capable of moving faster, it doesn't really resemble a Jedi lightsaber fight at all. Obi-Wan no longer looks like he is stalling for time, it looks like he is frantically trying to defend against Vaders tard swings. It lacks the meaningful thought put into the OT fight that was visual storytelling and character development for both Obi-Wan and Vader, and doesn't even go all-out with the charismatic hyper choreography of the prequels.

It literally just turned the fight into the dogshit Kylo/Rey fight. (Which is a pretty good pleb filter if you ask me. That fight is utter garbage praised by people who don't understand why both the OT and PT fights were good)

>Filoni understands.

That's why the whole episode is Ezra dicking around the desert instead of being about Maul.

>missing the blatant parallels between Ezra/Chopper finding Obi-Wan, and Luke/R2 finding Yoda
Woah, it's almost like Ezra is the protagonist or something.

Rebels isn't a show constructed in the same manner as TCW where every arc would swap out protagonists, everything in Rebels has to circle back for the sake of the development of the core non-interchangeable protagonists.

Not saying the Ezra part of the episode was the best, obviously, but did people seriously expect 22 minutes of Maul stumbling in a desert talking to himself? Get real. Nothing about Ezra's part of the episode detracts in the slightest from Filoni's understanding of how the Obi-Wan/Maul confrontation played out.

Agreed with you until you mentioned the forest scene. That shit was fucking great, Kylo losing his mind and lashing out like a wounded animal was one of the only good scenes from that movie.
that said, that webm looks fucking retarded and feels more self-gratifying than fucking TFU was

youtube.com/watch?v=LmOPXhFensg

It's from a trailer for a little fan thing. Surprised you guys hadn't already seen it.

I'll play devils advocate and admit that I actually liked the Kylo/Finn part of the fight. That I thought was VERY beneficial to both characters portrayals (although I feel like the "TRAIIYYYTOOOORR" wasn't necessary, why would Kylo treat Finn so personally?), and that part of the fight was visually impressive, where you actually get a glimmer of Kylo's trained-yet-animalistic and aggressive nature as he thrashes through Finn's admiral attempts at bravery.

It's when Rey jumps into things that it jumps the shark if you ask me.

>did people seriously expect 22 minutes of Maul stumbling in a desert talking to himself?

Could have had him reflect on his life, have ghostly visions of his brother and enemies taunting him or something until he finally reaches Kenobi and insta dies. Instead we get Ezra and bad jokes with Chopper that we see in every fucking episode.

Eh you can have your own opinions, and I respect it but it feels like Kylo is showing off intentionally because he has to prove that he is the best, all while he is bleeding out because he has a huge hole in his side. I actually kind of liked that he lost because he was so busy trying to prove he's the best that he forgot, oh shit, I'm dying.
and I loved it when he trashed Finn. that shit was satisfying.

Kanan and SS

Ezra and SS is cuter and lewder

You do realize Ezra is to fucking old right? If he was like Ahsoka S1 TCW age it make sense, be he is like what 18? Old as fuck.

Now Ahsoka had the right idea. Younglings that are about 11+. Just look at her, glancing and showing off her ass begging the dude to look at it.

>More of this shit.

Jedi Academy is a riot to play after the shite lightsaber combat in battlefront 2

The puppet Yoda just doesn't look like anything that could possibly be alive to me.

I thought "Ben Kenobi" was his real name and "Obi-Wan" was just like his jedi title or something, like Darth but for the good guys.

I thought that Qui-gon was Anakin's dad because of the way he and Shimi looked at each other.

Honestly makes more sense than the actual Rule of Two, it is incredibly dumb and just used as a cheap way to increase tension

No it makes perfect sense you absolute mong

Not really, knowledge can easily be lost over generations, a apprentice could always just luck out or find himself in a really convenient situation, despite not actually being worthy or the fight could end with a mutual kill or leave the winner severely reduced, a master could decide to not take an apprentice and the odds that he has an apprentice properly trained up before being past his own prime are not that great, the Rule of Two does not create stronger fighters, it just makes sith cripplingly overspecialized against their master. Even a sith lord could always end up dying before taking on an apprentice.

>but dickgirls are ok

Both are a cancer that must be eradicated. Only then shall we have peace.

>dickgirls are ok
They aren't just ok. They are the best thing ever.

It's a risky plan but if the apprentice fails. Than the Master can start over. If both fail than the Sith are weak and do not deserve to live. Judging by the fact the sith managed to live for millennia and finally wiped out the Jedi and ruled for 30 years proved the Rule of 2 works.

At what point did I imply that?

It has to work because of the narrative, that does not mean it makes sense, you can handwave away all plot contrivances. Two people killing each other does not mean they are weak it means they are equally strong, an apprentice killing a master does not mean the apprentice is necessarily stronger, luck and circumstances are huge factors and as I said knowledge can easily be lost. All the talk about strong and weak are dumb oversimplifications that have nothing to do with reality.

For the longest time I didn't know Darth Sidious and Palpatine were the same individual. It's stupid as fuck I know, but since he showed up in TPM, the two were so wildly different that I thought Senator Palpatine was actually the Sith Apprentice of Sidious and was using him as a middle-man patsy in the same way he was actually using Count Dooku, and plotted to betray him and become the Emperor. It was only during the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise sequence in 2005 that I finally pieced it together that they were the same, and that was a huge twist for me.

For the record I was born in 1991 so I was only 8-14 this whole time

I remember post TPM reading all the rumours and theories about EP2 and lots of them where "is Palpatine Sidious" so your not the only one

It does when there is something called the force which is blatant powerlevels especially for the Darkside

I was born in 91 and I knew Palpatine was Sidious from TPM since I am not a causal and read the EU

It goes like this
>Tales of the Jedi
>KOTOR comic
>KOTOR
>KOTOR II

What did they mean by this?

The Force is female ;)

It's a plot to destroy The Senate

That she is the spiritual successor of his legacy and not his pathetic grandson.

So she destroyed something meaningful for many and ended up hated by the masses? Pottery

She is a female clone of Anakin. The first CANON clone force user. She is just a ripoff of X-23.

>something meaningful
>the jedi
Lmao

Kind of a weird one

My family's Catholic and when I was a little kid the Church we went to had these little images for Stations of the Cross marked with Roman numerals. Problem was I didn't understand what those were and assumed they were depicting scenes from the corresponding Star Wars film

As there are more than six (and at the time, RotS hasn't even come out yet), I just assumed the remainder were previews of the next films in the Saga

LOL

Holy shit LUL.

How high was Sheev's powerlevel by ROTJ? Was he the strongest force user to ever exist?