Unironically, what is this guy's problem? He's probably even more frightening than the Joker

Unironically, what is this guy's problem? He's probably even more frightening than the Joker.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZcmuKsyvzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fanboy mad that his husbando didn't like him the same way.

This exactly.

He's insane, and his insanity was exacerbated from time travel

>He's probably even more frightening than the Joker
No matter how much insane, broken shit he pulls, I can never find a guy named Professor Zoom scary

I'm the same way with Mister Sinister. At the very least it works with his original concept- he was supposed to be a guy stuck physically and mentally as a child but with shapeshifting powers and a grudge against Cyclops, so the whole Mister Sinister persona was intentionally supposed to be a kid's idea of a scary villain. But for some reason Claremont abandoned the idea and decided to play him straight so he's stuck with his really goofy name.

Le "Twas I, Barry" Gentleman.

That's probably why they're calling him "Reverse Flash" these days.

It seems like a name Nathaniel Essex was given by frightened children during his amoral research

It’s baffling to me why th flash doesn’t do everything in his power to wipe the guy from existences every time he can he is literally causing more harm by letting him live

Barry has learned the hard way that whenever he changes history, he just fucks it up in unpredictable ways.

Thawne, on the other hand, as a villain with no attachments to anyone beyond himself, doesn't have to worry about the consequences of timeline fuckery as long as he doesn't kill Barry and thus prevent his own origin story.

Imagine, if you will, that you spent your entire life idolizing one person. That you learnt everything about this one person and wanted nothing more than to be like that person. That's Thawne, he researched Barry, studied Barry, even got surgery to look like Barry, and aimed to use his incredible intellect to learn the source of Barry's powers. But he had neglectful parents, an annoying younger sibling and society's pressure on him, to a self-centered and sociopathic individual like Thawne that ought to irritate you. Then you get rejected from your dream job of studying the Speed Force, the one thing connecting you and all your dreams. Of course, that doesn't stop you, you find a way to replicate Barry's accident and get his powers anyway, because you are better than them, you always were. Now you're in charge, now you rule over everyone because there is no one out there that can stop you, all those people that laughed at you, that stood in your way, they're nothing to you. Now Thawne can do whatever he wants now, as far as he's concerned he's won. But then, The Flash comes from the past, it's a dream come true, your childhood hero has come to meet you. only, he isn't there to shake your hand or congratulate you, he sees you as some criminal, another rogue, and he beats you. Your hero, your idol, the one thing that has pushed you onwards over all those years, beats you, crushes you, humiliates you, locks you away and runs off back to his time like it was nothing. He was everything to you, but he saw you as nothing. You'd hate that, you'd hate to be seen like that. So you'll become the most prevalent force in his life, the thing that drives him forwards whether he likes it or not, you'll ruin his life the same way he did yours. You'll become a part of Flash's life, for good or ill...

Also, Barry has actually killed Thawne or witnessed him die multiple times.

Every single time DC's continuity is rebooted or altered even slightly though, it results in a version of him that didn't die popping into the timeline. It's happened so many times he's now classified as a living paradox and functionally immortal.

I think it's also implied that Thawne knows a lot more about time travel than Barry does, calling him a "rank amateur" at one stage. Professor Zoom says it all, he's smart, calculated and precise, he doesn't simply smash the timeline like Barry does, he performs a precise incision and removes what he wants whilst making sure things run fairly smoothly.

Has the Reverse Flash ever met Booste Gold? They are both from the same time period, right?

Booster Gold should put a bullet through his fucking head Max Lord style

Ironically. I don't think they have or if they have, it was brief and unsatisfying.

Booster's barely been in anything since Barry came back and Nu52 started despite the fact that he and Rip should have been, like, main fucking characters in Flashpoint.

I was trying to think of a really dramatic song to go with this monologue but couldn't, so let's just go with this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZcmuKsyvzg

So the only solution is for Flash to fuck Thawne.

Oh yeah, that's definitely how you help a stalker get over you.

He has, and they are.

To think all this misery and horror could have been prevented if Thawne had just managed to stretch himself into a functioning bicycle.

a warp speed boipucci pummeling

Just give him the dick every now and then and he won't want to ruin your life. Free sex.

Me on the right...

Zoloman is the better Zoom, Thawne is a meme.

You've never stuck your dick in crazy, have you?

The next trick is that once you have sex with them you have them in a vulnerable state. That is when you drug them and lock them in your basement. Now the stalker becomes the sex slave and you get free sex on your own terms.

...oddly fitting.

one of the less looked upon things about Thwane is despite being "Reverse Flash"
He's not really much of an anti-thesis of the Flash in anyway
I mean sure he uses powers for evil and instead of having speed he takes speed, but that's not really what an anti-thesis is

You could bring up points why Joker and Luthor are complete opposites to Batman and Superman. Even Sinestro to Hal
But Thwane is just an asshole. Even more interesting when he's technically related to Barry as well
I'd say its kinda disappointing that there's really nothing "deep about him" if he was any other villain, but just being a complete dickhead works very well when he's carries it better than anyone else

That's also a shit name.

Batman is like the only cape who owns a basement though.

So Barry’s an idiot and Thwayne is just an autist fanboy with an insane level of obsession?

Stop making me want to fuck Eobard, user.

Well Barry doesn't stand for anything so there's no opposing viewpoint for his archenemy to take.

Is this there same comic where Superman casually catches a speeding Zoom?

you could say The Flash stands for legacy stronger than any hero who had a legacy
but Thwane never really went out of his way to destroy any of that stuff, or directly hate that he's related to Barry

Yes.

>you could say The Flash stands for legacy stronger than any hero who had a legacy

The last time that was true was 7 years ago.

He was a goofball.

Wasn't there a comic where Zoom created some kinda looped paradox that actually freed him from being unable to kill Barry? I think he stated that in Flashpoint

Yes, he announced that shortly before he died in Flashpoint. Presumably it was because Barry had fucked up so badly.

>he's now classified as a living paradox and functionally immortal.
Shouldnt this make him Booster Gold's problem? I thought time fuckery was his specialty?

I'm not as well-versed on Thawne as I used to be, but from the top of my head he is a Flash museum curator from like the 30th century where heroes are no longer needed due to technological advances, but Thawne's obsession with the Flash leads to him travelling back in time to meet Barry.

However, in doing that he fucks the timestream up somehow and becomes Flash's greatest villain: Reverse-Flash whose identity was unknown in the 30th century.

Booster doesn't have access to the Speed Force; he wouldn't stand a chance, and the Speed Force is time manipulation on a whole other level.

I am now imagining a story where Booster somehow borrows or uses the speed force only to take out this clown because he feels obligated since nobody fucks with time except him
And he fails and has to get the flash involved anyway to save the day

eobard is a pretty cool guy

KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE

he's a cuck with way too much time on his hands

Barry was a bland but ok guy who wasn't anything remarkable until he died. He only started gaining some personality when he started replacing Wally.

Thwane being a petty asshole is a perfect counterbalance for that.