Mother is a houswife

>Mother is a houswife
>Family with three young kids
>Christianity is portrayed as a positive
>300 lbs is considered extremely obese

Anyone else find watching older Simpsons episodes to be surreal? It feels like they were written by an alien civilization that has little to do with modern day humans.

> christianity portrayed as a positive

name one instance that was not clearly played for laughs.

They might have made fun of Flanders but they never once doubted he was a good man.

whence dothest thou abscond yonder goalposts, rogue?

>Chirstianity is portrayed as a positive

Yeah, sure, when it's not being made mercilessly fun of like every other religion. Old Simpsons just called it like how it was. They made fun of everything and everyone, conservatives, liberals, religion, lack of religion, straights, gays etc. I think that's what makes it truly alien. You can't make fun of literally anything without some pocket on the internet somewhere yelling at you causing suits to go into panic mode and water down everything.

Don't try to be funny

Flanders was portrayed overwhelmingly positively. Same with the Simpsons' churchgoing, them skipping it was always bad. Nowadays the very concept of going to church is alien.

>mother got knocked up nearly immediately after high school and never lived up to her full potential all for an alcoholic loser
>eldest child is physically abused by drunken father
>children go to a shitty underfunded public school
>Christianity and going to church is more often than not portrayed as a lame nuisance and something for dorks and the elderly, like it was widely thought of by everyone who wasn't a soccer mom, for most of the 90s
>characters often only turn to God when shit gets bad

Nah it's not that far off from real life in some aspects but in others it's pretty wildly off because of Homer's extreme plot armor and luck but I don't have anything to say about that that wasn't already made pretty apparent in the Frank Grimes episode.

Cheesus Christ. That's funny.

lbs is considered extremely obese
I had to have the internet convert that into civilised measurements but are you really implying that 136 kg is anything short of full on morbid obesity? Anybody that heavy, regardless of their height or other factors is practically dead already.

You want surreal? Rewatch the episode where Bart sells his soul to Milhouse, and it's LISA who takes it seriously.

You poor soul. Have you never seen anything from the body positivity movement? Cooperate fat cats try to hire fatties for their beauty oroduct commercials now. Faith the fat superhero. Bodyshaming is a word. Fay activists do get talks. Welcome to the current year faggot.

>I had to have the internet convert that FROM civilised measurements but are you really implying that 136 kg is anything short of full on morbid obesity?
FTFY, Ahmed.

Great post there, m80.
>our bizarre primate measurements aren't uncivilised, your sane metric ones are!

>We can't wrap our heads around anything that isn't in base 10, it's just too complicated for our inferior minds

Don't forget
>Phil Hartman was alive

Flanders is now the caricature of the religious right. and Republicans. and white men w/ money.

Montgomery Burns too is a right-wing, wealthy & capitalist stereotype.

I like it when Flanders tries to protect his 2 boys from everything, the whole world could rob their innocence, I mean what kind of parent is he?

And they say Sup Forumsmblr isn't real.
Marge has had several different jobs, all of which she is very capabale at.
Christianity in the modern world provides billions of dollars each year to charities and relief efforts around the world.
300 pounds IS obese you fat fuck.
And what's wrong with 3 kids? I'm serious, what problem do you have with normal suburban families?

stop posting, your retard is showing

Not OP but 3 kids in a show where they made it a point that the breadwinner barely makes enough to make ends meet (and still has to take on extra jobs whenever possible) was very unusual for tv shows when Simpsons premiered. It was thrown out the window like 3 seasons in for the sake of not boxing in the writers but you still didn't get that kind of realness in most shows.

>It feels like they were written by an alien civilization that has little to do with modern day humans

Well look who it is, you still trying to bring down society after thousands of years of failure?

The classic seasons had a kind of liberal Christian message to them. Zombie Simpsons however is apparently written by Family Guy writing staff rejects.