Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98205397/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/WkjwPMd.png
youtube.com/watch?v=WjTIFkWJctY
youtube.com/watch?v=UTVwdv9Pzo8
youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time:

-More Seasons Girls pics, a lot of them too, also now with a page on the wiki. New enemy concepts for them as well.
-Venus Fly Trap script progress
-Progress on Devil Beetle, now with an underling who can turn into a mass of slugs (pic related)
-The script for 'I Know a Guy' first issue is done, it's moving onto the drawing phase
-The Time Line of the Sup Forumsverse is now on the wiki, that can now be properly discussed and tweaked if anyone cares
-Getting more stuff on the wiki
-WIPs of the Trine comic being posted, progress being made there
-Other stuff I didn't mention

WIP of Marigold's dad

Makes me think of "See dis? I'z gonna stick ya wiff it!"

i.imgur.com/WkjwPMd.png

New Venus art.

who's funding all this Venus art?

So I was thinking of a story that involved Marigold's dad's war stories that had him and a war buddy go on some recon somewhere and had his war buddy getting PTSD from a killing an innocent life.

Turns out when his war buddy visits him years later to meet his family, he ends up getting his PTSD and starts seeing visions of a headless women in the distance.

His symptoms start getting worse and eventually gets attacked by a black dog with red eyes. After that his transformation is complete and can become a Barghest which is a monster from English folklore during a full moon. So I kind of combine the mythology from a werewolf and a barghest, but that could be an interesting monster to implement. Here's a WIP of the design

Was going for an intmidating father kind of approach, like the kind you see when you meet your GF's parents and have all these different ideas of what he's like especially hearing that he was a top gurkha soldier. If you want, I can tone him down. Make him look friendly, and get rid of the cigar.

I feel having him look friendly would only have be more intimidating, especially if he's still wearing the uniform.

So make him look kind of like a hard ass and then turn out he's a kind of a cool guy. Maybe he takes the girls out camping for survival and tells them to live out in the woods for a week without using their powers. Could be an interesting story.

He's probably just been living a totally normal life for a while, so I doubt he's a super hardass. Though Mari's general personality would imply (falsely) that he's been marching her around the garden since she was a child.

So maybe he teaches her training skills just for fun and basic knowledge? Would he be the kind of guy who shares his army stories at the dinner table or while drinking together at a pub? What should his name be?

>What should his name be?
"Mari's dad" or, if you're being formal "Mr. Marigold's Dad". It really doesn't matter so much does it? It's like asking where her mom works.

But since we're on the background of the girls, I was thinking about Lily being a pleb and thought it might make for her to be a [British version of a Red Neck] rather than a Chav. Would explain why they retained the culture of old stories, and could have even been local festivals.

>"S-sorry Mr. Marigold's Dad."
>"That's SGT. Mr. Marigold's Dad to you!"

Interesting, what's a British version of a redneck like?

Interesting.

So the seasons girls need to capture him?

Yeah, I was thinking the dude transformed by being triggered by ptsd and anger. So maybe the Queen's Queers milita could corner him and Marigold and her father would try to convince him that the murders weren't his fault and that he's not a monster. In the end he will was to weak to accept it and tries to attack them both and his father plunged the knife into his heart before he bites Marigold.

Yes, I just watch American Werewolf in London last night. I was iguring the Marigold and the PTSD army dude could have some sort of friendly relationship or love thing going on and that makes it harder for her to kill him.

Just an idea.

>look it up
>get this
>youtube.com/watch?v=WjTIFkWJctY
>youtube.com/watch?v=UTVwdv9Pzo8
>youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis
>it's literally the farmer from hot fuzz

I thought they were joking...

So Lily is now Welsh?

>last time summary
this is a really good idea senpai

I can't understand a fucking word of this.

Will I be able to understand a fucking word?

We always do it. It's also why the first 25% of posts are always about what the last thread ended on.

So, we also ended last thread by briefly mentions that they transform by clashing their bracelets/bracers together. Only Spring and Summer are the ones that say something while transforming because they are into the whole magical girl thing.

Would work as a story.

When would that happen though? It's after Marigold gets the position of the Fall Season Girl, right?

Yeah, obviously, I was thinking it's when they other girls meet her father and family and invites one of his war buddies along. Maybe they go camping and teaches the girls survival skills to use their powers only when it's necessary and not rely on them for everything.
It's when the father ends up sharing the war stories it triggers the dudes PTSD which leads to the following events happening.

I was thinking Marigold would think this guy is a fucking badass and would get a crush on him.
The other girls, especially Lily would try to coax her out of falling for him because she feels like something is wrong with him, like he's hiding something.

Like, his war crimes are so fucking horrible, he keeps them a secret and it's only when the Barghest possesses him, his true self comes out and starts making a mess of thing especially when he starts making Marigold more violent against her opponents.

Sorry this is so long

Those old men are so cute! Reminds me of the old people in "Mountain Talk".

I'd love to see a GG story with Iris as the damsel in distress and has to outsmart a villain.

Added some placeholder names for their transformation trinkets. Feel free to come up with better ones, bonus points if you can understand my shit handwriting.

I don't think she would be falling for someone who is the same age as her father.

True, maybe instead of falling in love, maybe she just really respects him, he also could be around 5 to 10 years younger as well.

Looks pretty good so far.

I have been thinking about working on following up on some of the threads I open last time, although I got sick suddenly this weekend, so didn't get much drawing done.

I am still working on Ladybug Christmas Special , I wanted to make a good push to have it done over the weekend.

I made some sketches of the seasons in super deform format, I haven't had a chance to scan it yet, but I am planning on format it to match the super deform drawings I had before.

The transformations could've started before they met and the seasons girls were already assigned to look into it.

So it just so happens that this guy arrived in this town around the same time these monster sightings began.

At least one of them should point it out, another thinks it's too obvious, Fall just dosen't want to believe it, and one of them is indifferent.

Cool, maybe the super deformed ones could be used for quick little gags or something like that? Also, is that picture from the alternate reality?

please, no more
please, spare us

I'd be down for that.

What is Marigold's magical girl weapon?

The last thread talked about how where she lived was totally left to fend for itself after the Inversion Event caused a shitshow all over Europe. So I imagined it was some remote place with basically nothing around it for miles, but cozy and communal so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Might be quite interesting that she basically remembers growing up in the aftermath of it quite a fun time, surrounded by traditional music, tales, customs, jobs, etc. and the others remember it as an absolute nightmare.

Could be interesting if it's something she never uses, being so attached to her Kukri.

Maybe it's something really lame like a Throwing Anus.

Oh yeah, there's something I wanted to bring up about the timeline. The Collective was formed about a year after Motion started being a hero, because Kaito's parents disappeared from the business world for a year following his death.

She became a seasons girl about a year or two after the event from what I gather.

So it's not like society had much time to regress to ye olde "bring out your dead" times.

Part of what makes Great Britain's society so resistant to it all is their stiff upper lip mentality.
Things were probably rough for a few years, but then things started settling to the new norm and people more or less got on with their lives either firmly refusing to give the weirder things the satisfaction of acknowledging them or calling in the magic police to deal with anything disrupting the daily commutes.

Right now I have Thunderstruck and Kaito's deaths plotted at 2010. Does that need to be a little later?

If they died at 2010, then The Collective forming the same year as Motion becoming a hero would work since I have that plotted at 2013.

I found it was easier to sometimes have characters become heroes in the time line on the years they were created or the years where interest in them resulted in the current incarnations of the character.

I was thinking more like the 1950-60s in the outer peripheries. I mean, if a junction box goes down, where will be the more urgent place to repair it, a major economic hub and center of population, or some dives out in the sticks?

Yeah, but there's also satellite communications to consider.
Cell phones were still a thing when it happened, even if it was before smartphones, so it's not like they'd be isolated.

It's more like these places way out of the way had to hold the line for however long it took for help to arrive. Or to evacuate if the area became inhospitable.

Imagine a person trying to deal with magical tomfoolery who dials up a help hotline and gets stuck on hold?

Thunderstuck dies partway through Motion's storyline, after Pompey has been defeated once and put into prison. She ends up getting killed in a prisonbreak while Motion is out of town for family reasons.

Hey, I have this comic pitch all planned-out but for reasons, I can't use the characters. So, I was thinking of turning the plot into a /coc/ story since we can always use more content.
But for it to work I need to know if he have any male teenage heroes or older women heroes?

Try Sup Forumsleen, She has a little assistant

Alright, so the super gang wars of Chicago begin during the superpower boon of 2010. That much is still OK, right?

So Kaito dies during 2011.

Motion takes to super heroics during 2012.

Thunderstuck dies during 2013?
The Collective is founded.

I'd like to have The Collective founded at least two years before Cosmic Crusaders happens.

How much older? Because I remember one that might be sort of like what you're talking about, but I have no idea if it'd work with the story you have.

Pic related.

Part of the story has a mom with a teenage son. So, I either need the son character or the mom character and then I'd build from there.
Also, it's not an /ss/ thing or any kind of fetish thing. I guess with Sup Forums you'd need to make that clear.

My initial idea was to use the Star Striker character but I'd have to rewrite some elements of the Supermom lore and I'd rather not do that.

>Yeah, but there's also satellite communications to consider.
If the power lines go down then eventually these phones will run out of battery. It could even be that they were knocked down by God-knows-what. Not to mention shop shelves getting empty.

I'm not talking about an apocalyptic scenario with people killing each other over canned pickles. But to say that this wouldn't have caused major problems is missing a big hole in a story.

For more specific dates, Kaito probably dies at the end of 2011, Motion becomes an officially noted hero sometime at the start of 2012, Thunderstruck dies Thanksgiving 2012. The Collective gets founded either at the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013.

I'm not saying it wouldn't cause major problems, I'm just trying to keep to the actual scope of the inversion.

It wouldn't reach satellites in space, and there are going to be response teams from unaffected areas that come in to help. Of course they eventually get chased out by the local government because of sovereignty issues.

But how much of this is actually going to be in any given story taking place around the fallout of the inversion?

Mom character with a teenage son...

I think we might have one that's somewhat isolated from the other stuff in the setting:

Gun Fist.

Her son being older just means that years have past since she got that technology.

Her info is on the wiki. She's not currently being used by anyone for anything, so you might be able to get away with changing more things than usual when someone takes interest in an unused character.

I've edited the time line accordingly.

See anything else that may cause issues?

Began work on issue 2, while working on some editing for issue 1.

Thinking whether Venus's creation should be earlier in the Sup Forums timeline than it's current place, thus giving more time for villainy before heelturn progression.

That's doable. FT has been around a long, LONG time, so he'd have ample opportunity to have created VFT before the date I have in the time line.

Like I said, sometimes I used the year characters were created on as being the year they showed up in-universe.

But 2014 could just as well be the year VFT and BK first fought.

I just think that unless technology is somehow kicked back magic just becomes an annoyance in the setting. Not to mention the obvious aesthetic cohesion such a thing will lead to. There's no reason for magic to penetrate into the setting enough to be the basis of narratives unless it's more convenient or unavoidable in enough people's lives.

Can't really mix, to use a musical analogy, electric guitars and lutes without a massive disconnect.

Who is this skullmask dude?

Scary monster the Heralds need to fight but can't kill so he's basically a slasher movie villain that ended up in a Pagan Celtic myth.

You just need to think bigger with magic then.

Stop focusing on the small stuff, make big fucking monsters and add in a "magic must defeat magic" nonsense.
Other stuff might be able to change the direction of some of the big magical bullshit, but only other magic can make it truly sod off.

The first time Commander Muttonchops comes over to have a look at how fucked the QQs are, he gets to have a magical adventure with Basement Wizard who animates a farm house into a huge golem-like thing to fight a living swamp, and entire swamp that came to life and took form that only craves destruction.

And they punch it in the face with a magically mobile farmhouse with a silo for a fist, and maybe some nasty things in the silo to really mess up that monster's day.

You just need to think bigger and more bullshittier to really hammer home that conventional methods arn't going to work.

The same way the Season girls are bound to ancient spirits representing the four seasons, this guy was some hunter from an ancient time who was bound to a spirit of hunting or bloodshed or something. He was consumed by it and became too strong to be killed, so he was sealed away in a tree. When the Inversion Event hit, he was released, and nobody can seem to get rid of him.

If redesigns are on the table can we discuss maybe changing up Lucia's? This is the only art of her and it doesn't mesh well with the others in that series.

Huh, neat. I've been really out of the loop the last couple months so I've missed a lot of the season girls stuff.

I don't think it's an issue of her design itself so much as it was drawn in a different style than we're usually accustomed to for GG.

There's other villains as well.

One thing I've noticed is that in some way these girls are always being "hunted".

Let's try to make this stick early. Nobody knows his original name, so Britianment's official designation for him is "The Red Hunter".

I think he should be called George.

*changes wiki*

You going to be salty about that for a while?

Please just shut the hell up.

The new villain, Pepper Saltman, with the power to shoot salt

There's actually a guy who is a salt-golem or has salt powers or something already. He was made as the counterpart to Captain Skinless, a man whose superpower is that he doesn't have skin.

It was strange times.

Sounds more like incredible times to me.

That's kind of what I mean. I'm having a hard time parsing how it'd mesh with the much less detailed style

>Can't really mix, to use a musical analogy, electric guitars and lutes without a massive disconnect.
Wasn't that the entire idea behind the folk revival in the 60s and 70s?

Yeah, I had an idea for a villain is as named HornBellow (Working title)

He was going to be a hunter/mercenary hired by the witch to kill Daisy. He's basically from a tribe of viking like people who worship Flidais, the goddess of hunting.

Each tribe member has an animal partner of sorts that hunts with them and if their animal were to be killed, they would skin them and wear their fur which then would merge the strength of there animals on to them.

Just an idea I had

That looks like a certain very mysterious druid.

Varg?

You mean Salty Motherfucker?

His life was ruined by reality manipulators, he went from factory owner to lowly factory worker. Then someone punched Captain Skinless through the factory into the salt, contaminating everything, and the higher ups pinned the blame on the man who would become Salty Motherfucker. He then went violently insane and decided to dedicate his life to causing Captain Skinless as much pain as possible, joining the very evil organization the reality warper is a member of who ruined his life in the first place.

Captain Skinless has super healing powers and can regenerate everything except his skin.

His life is a living hell.

Due to being a scheduling fuck up, I´ve not been able to contribute in these threads lately, but I´ve been reading up on the Bees Knees script, and would like to work on that if possible. Also, has there been any more talk on Iron Girl/Mother Russia?

Not since the Christmas stories involving her.
None that I've noticed anyway.

Actual Golden Girl discussion tends to happen in waves.

All discussion in these threads does that. Characters and groups fade in and out of prominence, and people latch onto new things then remember old things they liked again.

Right now the hot flavour seems to be the seasons, but I'm sure someone will bring up a character or plot or something and we'll switch to that for a while.

Well the belt/midriff wrap is probably unnecessary, and the poofiness of the shirt could be reduced to make it easier to draw/bring it more in line with the form fitting lines of the other characters outfits.
I'm not sure about the face. I suppose the hair could be changed to something flatter to bring it more in line with how people have been drawing the other characters.

What are all the seasons girls weapons?

No idea, suggest something.

The previous generations of seasons girls had weapons that they were channeling their magic into so they'd have greater reserve supplies and so the next generation they pass it on to would have more to pull from in emergencies, but that was when magic was in decline.

Those weapons blew up, so the current generation can pick out whatever weapons they want to use if they want to use weapons.

Ok, well
Marigold - Kukri Sword
Daisy - Fire Battleaxe
Lily - Flower Cutter Daggers
Clara - Tome of Frost Manipulation

Some of the pictures have shown Clara using a staff already.

Marigold's weapon has been a little uncertain, I think it's been shown a couple ways already, and I think it'd be fun to purposefully use that uncertainty. Maybe part of her abilities are affecting the shape of her weapon. In her unpowered state, it's a Kukri knife. When she's transformed, she can turn it into a glaive, or a sword, or even a bladed bow. A lot of hunting is done in the fall, so her having the power to draw on any different weapon of hunting could be suitable.

I'm wondering if her outfit reads properly but I don't think the generic maid outfit fits.
She's supposed to be the Alfred equivalent right?
With all the versions of multiverse have we ever gotten a female Alfred alongside Batwoman?

I remember that in one of the older concepts, I'll have the pics of their weapons tomorrow. Also, I was wondering where their bracelet/bracer came from. When they did the ritual, did they appear on their wrists or did QQ create them for the girls.

That fits well with the idea from last thread that Marigold is the least adept at the whole magical side of being a magical girl. It gives her plenty of combat tricks even early in the story when she can't do things as flashy as the other girls.

I'd say they appeared during the rituals.

Either they were materialized from the elements, or they found their way through "coincidence" to the girls.

Unrelated, but did we ever work out if Moira actually had magic outside of her floating around and her limited-use magic items? I recall mentioning that whatever she has isn't supposed to be all that impressive, but she seems to at least have glowy, misty hands in some of the images.

She's a green demon, so she gets magic from The Rune Keeper. The method by which color pledged demons get their magic from their kings isn't blocked off by dimensional portals or the lack thereof.

So she can presumably do basic spells. I don't know what the basic demon magic skill set is, though.

Oh dang, I just realized her getting captured by the Bluebloods is probably something that should be on the timeline.

About which century did that happen during?

I don't think we ever put an exact date on it. I know she's been in our world and her pocket dimension long enough that she seems to still be here since her plot involves the baron being cut off from her for a while.

So she'd have to have been in the service with them for a while, I think? It was actually the talk about the Inversion Event that made me think about her again, though to be honest, I'm still a little fuzzy on the details of that.

Ok, we should probably update the wiki with that information.

Wait for it to be discussed a little first.

The inversion thing is now covered on the time line, but I might need to update that to be more detailed.

Assuming she was captured maybe 200 - 300 years ago, that'd work. Blue Blood having saved her around the year 2001 - 2002 would put her being freed right around the fallout of the inversion where travel between Earth and most of the planes is still impossible.

That seems to make sense.

God, imagine being in service for so long that when you get free again, it's the early 2000s. What a time to be a free demon.

What is the best magical girl anime Sup Forums?

Magi's actual real life.

I've placed the Blueblood clan having started in the 1400s with the first of the family contacting that blue devil through the well, so getting the family ledger 300 years after they've gotten started would make sense given how long they live.

So we're looking at the 1700s?

That's around the same time the Yellow Jester secretly took control of the Crimson Throne and banished Boss Imp. But that's coincidental.

Are the bracelets like the Nega Bands in a way?