Is it still worth watching in the current year?

Is it still worth watching in the current year?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/C-HHKK-Invader-Classic-Shirts-Tshirts/dp/B01EIU0KH0/ref=sr_1_12/130-0257502-1062705?ie=UTF8&qid=1517105185&sr=8-12&keywords=invader zim t shirts
theuniquetee.com/products/invader-zim-i-am-zim-t-shirt-hoodie?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_fiXmMn52AIVB1p-Ch2PQw3JEAQYAiABEgKGJ_D_BwE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Late millenials might enjoy it thanks to Rick & Morty.

Yes. Good is good.

It still holds up pretty well.

It aged like fine milk.

>lolsorandumb and edgy

comic vs cartoon

which is better?

It had interesting ideas, they put a lot of effort into the backgrounds and in some of the animation. The execution was fine and I'd like to have seen the episodes they never finished, I forgot if Soapy Waffles gave up on their shit I haven't checked in since 2013/14 on them.

I guess we'll see how it does with modern age writing when the movie comes out which I'm curious in, I was a stupid over the top Zim fag when I was younger, but those days are behind me and I'm well aware of the bullshit I participated in. I'm watching it not just due to interest and still liking the show somewhat, but because I feel obligated to after all those years being a huge fan.

Also there's no excuse why we don't have any previews yet and just audio teasers, you'd think there should've been something after The Jungle Movie premiered, maybe during commercial breaks during.

Dont you dare compre this masterpiece to trash like R&M

Some of Gir's humor aged pretty poorly, but otherwise it's great.

Comics can be hit or miss, but they're prime reaction image material

The writing is still mostly on point but GIR still exists and is still as stupid, pointless and penguinofdoom as you'd think and more.

Millenials are the original audience of Invader Zim. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

>Current year bullcrap
God I hate this stuff so much. I wish shows were based on their own merits instead of comparing or how dated it may or may not be.
Either way, yes, watch it. It's good. It has a following for a reason.

It captures the post-9/11 shittyness of the 2000's really well so if that's something you want to revisit, sure.

I'll always enjoy how much of the really surreal humor of it was less due to intent and more due to the sheer randomness of animation errors.

Dib and Zim shouting back and forth across the street? There was supposed to be traffic. Ultra Peepee basstone song? Somebody saw his walk cycle and thought 'he kinda looks like he's dancing'.

It one of my favorite cartoons and I think the humor aged pretty well with the exception of a few jokes, most of them Gir. The comic is also pretty nice, but slightly weaker than the show since it's only one writer for the whole thing instead of an entire writing staff.

It's a good idea to refresh yourself to the series before the movie airs.

Yes, about once every two years I put on a random episode on when I don't know what to watch. I end up watching every episode before I watch anything else and every time I enjoy it more.

I plan to do just that for the occasion.

It's great. I watched it for the first time like five years ago and I enjoyed it immensely.

It's good. People blame it for the low effort non-sequitur LOLSORANDUMB humor, and yeah GIR can get annoying at times but it really was just mostly the one character with everyone else's personalities having their own distinct ticks and comedic roles.

GIR's humor is honestly fine in context of episodes, breaking up the rest of the plot. What makes it bad is removing it from that context, and spouting it at every given opportunity like fans do. I was surprised, rewatching the show recently, that GIR is not half as insufferable as I thought.

Pretty great but I like his hyper-edge comics more.

A dated show has very little merit

i rally hope we get a full trailer very soon

cuase the first act is being animated right now

Yes

and Bipolar GIR is best GIR
lolsorundumb GIR is usually hit and miss, but when GIR goes from idiot to warmachine to idiot it always gets me a bit

I like Gir but I hate how he hijacked the merch for this show. I would unironically still buy a Invader Zim t-shirt of Zim was actually on it.

Humanized: amazon.com/C-HHKK-Invader-Classic-Shirts-Tshirts/dp/B01EIU0KH0/ref=sr_1_12/130-0257502-1062705?ie=UTF8&qid=1517105185&sr=8-12&keywords=invader zim t shirts
Alien: theuniquetee.com/products/invader-zim-i-am-zim-t-shirt-hoodie?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_fiXmMn52AIVB1p-Ch2PQw3JEAQYAiABEgKGJ_D_BwE

There was a surprisingly large amount of GIR Merchandise.

I'm dating a girl who is a bit nuts (25yo)
She's a bit hyperactive and loves quoting the Simpsons and is nuts about Rick and Morty.

Should I introduce her to Zim?
I think she might like it a lot, but if so, will turn into GIR instantly.

So, should I enjoy watching a good series and connect more with her, at the risk of never having an erection again because I'm fucking a GIR copycat?
Does shadman have the answer?

Try it, might be good.

>Great universe & soundtrack
>Good characters, animation & sound effects
>Unbelievably poor writing

Gir is used so sparingly that I don't see why anyone would take issue with him other than the Hot Topic crowd coopting his design

Also, I thought I remembered Jhonen looking like the Night Stalker but I went to his twitter and he looks like he puts dicks in his mouth

A show that ages poorly clearly has less merit than one that ages well.

>shadman

>There was a surprisingly large amount of GIR Merchandise.
You don't say.

I was lucky to find a Dib shirt in 2006, though I admit I probably could have taken a lot better care of it. Haven't found another one like it.

>Dib shirt

Thanks for finding these user. Though looking for a shirt online might be cheating.

>Gir is used so sparingly that I don't see why anyone would take issue with him other than the Hot Topic crowd coopting his design

He's a majority of the "lol random" humor in the show. And as this user is worried about Gir is also the most easily quotable character out of all other characters, so people obsess over him quite frequently and he overshadows the show.

The threads are worth it at least.

Yeah it was my favorite shirt, too, for the longest time. I wore it out in like 3 years.

Wish I could find another, but all the ones I see now look like poor imitations.

The movie will surely bring new merchandise
Keep hope alive

I'm hoping for toys that are not blind bags.

On a semi-related note, how many anons own IZ merchandise?

I've got pic related, some t-shirts and posters, and a smelly GIR blanket I probably won't ever get rid of.

Its bad, but that is the appeal.

yes, motherfucking yes

you have to see this show, doesn't matter when you watch it, you need to see it. Invader Zim is like one of the quintessential creator driven cartoons. ignore all the contrarians

did they remove those 2 seconds of footage?

The animation is still really good and smooth, so yeah.

Just a few blind bag figurines, a T-shirt that doesn't fit me anymore which I won't get rid of and every issue of the comic so far.

It's worth watching on any year you asswipe

>le current year meem
What does the year have to do with anything, you obnoxious tool?

Has it aged well is what he is asking you fucking halfwit.

No.

Just listen to the OST and skip the worst episode: The Girl Who Cried Gnome.

If anything, it was ahead of its time. A lot of shows nowadays show clear influences from it.