It's so weird to me that people born in 2000 can post here...

It's so weird to me that people born in 2000 can post here, which means they have no memories of how cartoon channels were pre-2004. Maybe i'm a biased Facebook nostalgiafag but I feel like before 2004, Nickelodeon and CN had more creativity and charm to them.

Around 2004 things began heading south when they ended several of the 90s/early 2000s shows like Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo, pre-movie SpongeBob, and Samurai Jack, and the newer shows that replaced them like post-movie SpongeBob, Camp Lazlo, Catscratch, Ben 10, My Gym partner's a monkey were boring af and couldn't make as much of an impact as their predecessors. At this time CN also got rid of their classic cartoon blocks like Toonheads and just focused exclusively on "new" stuff, Nick closed down SNICK, Nick Studios, and Friday Night Nicktoons and started focusing more on teenybopper shows like Zoey 101, Unfabulous, etc. with less emphasis on the Nicktoons like in the 90s/early 2000s.

Overall it felt like things headed south around 2004 for the kids channels, and it's weird to me that people too young to feel that shift can post here, but again i'm probably a nostalgiafag.

2004 was literally the year when Western animation peaked, with the final great 2000s cartoon (Avatar) coming out in early 2005.
It's been basically all downhill since that year.

90s-2003/04 peak of Gen Y kid culture

2004/05 and 2005/06 Gen Y kid culture slowly ending, lots of old 90s/early 2000s shows like Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo, pre-movie SpongeBob, and Samurai Jack ended, but 2004-05 school year was still more on the Y side.

2005-06 school year Gen Z kid culture was slowly creeping in; Naruto and Ben 10 debuted, HSM and Hannah Montana debuted, Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans ended, Kids WB and Disney Channel went through dramatic changes, Cartoon Network city ended, Yu gi Oh ended, Original Pokemon voice cast left(Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart), XBOX 360 debuted, 6th gen gaming's prime was ending. Overall a lot of things changed regarding kid culture that season.

I think the biggest difference is between people who grew up with the internet being mainstream, so like 1997-1998, and those before then

>camp lazlo
>catscratcj
>ben 10
>gym partner is a monkey
>boring
How many times are you going to post this bait?

Those were all horrible cartoons

This. The only bait here is

I grew up with Johnny Bravo and Hey Arnold. Never understoood the appeal, thought they were boring. I preferred later shows like Ben 10, ATLA, and Invader Zim, which actually had some substance.

Obvious bait. Mr. Meaty aired in late 2005. How could you say Nickelodeon went south in 2004 when such a wonderful show aired after all your nostalgia 90s shows got terminated?

>Ben 10
>actually had some substance

I was born in 94 and grew up with Internet, though it seems elementary kids used it mostly for flash games in the early 2000s, then they began getting social media around the late 2000s/early 2010s.

>Memorable villain
>Great concept and plot
>Decent character designs and a protagonist the target audience can relate to

Excluding nu-Ben 10, I’m not sure what you are implying has any worth, user.

Ben 10 is a writing clusterfuck that was not matched, let alone exceeded, in cartoons until Korra came along.

>original ben 10
>plot

Invader zim was not later, it was the same era as Hey arnold

He never said original.

The later ones were even worse, as impossible as that sounds.

Invader Zim Aired 4 years after Hey Arnold first aired and actually ran for 2 years in Nickelodeon’s Modern Era. So yeah, “later” applies.

Omniverse was great

>things headed south around 2004 for the kids channels
>ATLA aired in early 2005

????

Not OP, but I addressed that in