Do you know ANYONE who unironically likes this reboot...

Do you know ANYONE who unironically likes this reboot? The consensus seems to be that it's one of the worst cartoons ever, with a handful of people thinking it's "okay" at best.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EioTwSMS0-k
cnn.com/travel/article/cartoon-network-cruise-ship/index.html
io9.gizmodo.com/this-creepy-powerpuff-girls-theory-isnt-true-thank-god-1795730698
youtube.com/watch?v=b91kYpC9VU4
youtube.com/watch?v=-8aelHRiMyM
youtu.be/-bG_PZwDhxE
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4292834
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtu.be/EioTwSMS0-k

The only show from Sup Forums to tumblr that’s gotten unanimous hate.
But that’s not really important is it? What is important is the actual audience that they are aiming for. As it so happens I have a little sister that fits that age range. What does she think of the show? She hates it. It’s awful.

Nobody liked this shit.

And the “self insert controversy” created a legend that will be remembered for all eternity.

>And the “self insert controversy” created a legend that will be remembered for all eternity.

I love that they tried to cover it up like "HAHA IT WAS JUST A JOKE." everyone saw pass that bullshit.

I don't think it's that no one believes them. I think there are some people who believed them, but still found the romance between a near-adult and a literal child in nu-PPG to be in poor taste.

Still better than SU.

>I love that they tried to cover it up like "HAHA IT WAS JUST A JOKE." everyone saw pass that bullshit.
Source? I’d like to see that train wreck

It’s not the worst cartoon ever, but it’s the worst example of a reboot ever. Worst cartoon would be shit the CAD cartoon or the Nutshack

INB4 Jared
In all seriousness, this show is awful, literally no one likes it. It's not the worst cartoon ever, but it's gotten to the point where the show being bad has become almost objective.

I mean, they're getting their own cruise ship... so fuck if I know

cnn.com/travel/article/cartoon-network-cruise-ship/index.html

What was the checklist anyways?

the character:
looked like him
named after him
voiced by him
written by him

Correct?

Please don't starting talking about this show being bad. The last time that happened contrarians decided they had to defend it relentlessly.

>t. SU Defense Force

But it’s okay when Rebecca Sugar does it?

io9.gizmodo.com/this-creepy-powerpuff-girls-theory-isnt-true-thank-god-1795730698

>worst cartoon
>not SU or RS

How has not every SU fan given up at this point?

Tumblr loves nuPPG though.
There was a ton of positive feedback for Bliss.

This show is a failure in every single possible way as a reboot/continuation
If they did this show without any references to the Powerpuff Girls, people would like it a lot more. The fact that it's inherently connected to something that was so great and also very DIFFERENT than what this is makes it fucking terrible by comparison. If this show didn't have the PPG characters in it people on Sup Forums would be making threads about how cute the show is, I guarantee it.

Shills.
People are being paid to watch SU.

>Tumblr
It was a handful of news sources that CN most likely paid. Most of the Internet saw right through it.

Tumblr roasties

Sugar was 14 when she made those Invader Zim fanfictions

Jared or whatever his name is, is in his mid-20s and should know better.

>being this deluded

Ruby and Sapphire are self inserts for her and her beard.
But once again, she gets a pass.

Considering how SU is hated, I don’t think it would have wirked either way.

>Do you know ANYONE who unironically likes this reboot?
Japanese. It's not as bad as people think, while still not being great, so its exaggerated figures/expressions that people harp on, its humor that people don't find funny, its cutesy style that people feel take away from the edge of the original, and it's focus on more "menial" stuff than showing the girls as kick ass heroes actually gets it some fans.

I knew ONE guy who likes the reboot. He said its better than the original(which he never really watched). Sometimes when I came back to the room, he'd already find the latest episode on WatchCartoon or some website. There would be some late nights after watching Kobayashi Dragon Maid would switch over to NuPPG. He unironically without a doubt thought it was an underrated masterpiece.

>Tumblr loves nuPPG though.
I've seen just about all the bigger "powerpuff girls" post bash it like anyone else. Yeah, there were posts about people saying "look, a black Powerpuff", but tumblr is still largely a blogging site, which means you get all kinds. If anything, if I saw something positive about Bliss they were saying "this is a bad idea, but hey, here's how they maybe could've done it better".

>He unironically without a doubt thought it was an underrated masterpiece
I am fucking pissed off after reading this!!!

>io9 cucks actually believed this article

At best I've found this: youtube.com/watch?v=b91kYpC9VU4

When did it become okay to insert memes into shows?

Injecting pop culture into animated shows has been a thing since the 90's, at least. So it became "okay" then.

SU is only hated now because it started off as a show that was going somewhere and then it stopped telling a story after season 1

>It's not as bad as people think
You're right - it's worse!

SU never told a story.

All I’m getting is that Japs have shit taste in cartoons.

Neros Q
youtube.com/watch?v=-8aelHRiMyM

I'm pretty sure nobody actually listens to this guy

But, the "story" didn't start until S1B which is the point the show went to shit. It's not hated for not having enough story

It's starting

I'm so sick of seeing the word creepy

>>worst cartoon
>>not SU or RS
If you're including regular show in there you might as well just say any other show in 2010s

I liked the intro and the 2 Him-centric episodes I saw. Apart from that, the show is just bland.

It's cute and quirky when a girl does it. It's in the same vein as a girl having an older guy crush and the response being "aw, that's cute but it's a shame it won't happen, i feel bad for her" but with a guy it's "that kid's growing up to be a pervert, what a creep, i feel sorry that woman has to go through this"

>since the 90's
bugs bunny was impersonating celebs in the 50s and 60s or whereabouts

Fuckin beautiful post mate

>people think memes or references are the problem.
The problem isn't pop culture, the problem is poor writing.
Like said, cartoons have had pop culture since forever. Bugs bunny also had writers who didn't have spikes driven through their skulls.

Everything about nuPPG shows of either a writing team that's incompetent, or a writing team that is uncaring.

>Need filler episode
>fill it with jokes that don't connect

>Need filler character
>Use one of the storyboarders

>Need new gimmick
>add character for a 4 episode special and just throw her away

>Need new toys
>Give them abilities that you not only forget about, but actively forget to animate three episodes after you introduce them

>Need new superpowers
>Make them manifestations of things related to the wikipedia article you read about the old show and nothing to do with what new powers the characters would actually want.

>Need new locations
>Burn down old location and pretend that new location behaves exactly the same as the old one despite being easier to animate and being less interesting

It really feels like this show is just written by executives in a board room who pass the scripts around. People say writing on cartoons is a meme, but nuPPG is exactly the travesty that occurs when you don't have clever people who know how to write or make good ideas.

Everyone on the show comes off as a quirky teenage girl who'd post pics of their cats on instagram with "MEOW about that?! XD"

There's a difference between a person making OCs of them and a person with a self-contained relationship (afaik, I don't know the show) versus a bugman inserting himself in an already-established series in a relationship with a little girl. Think harder next time.

Rebecca had Zim keep her as a slave

This show is essentially what happens when your 13 year old self is allowed to write cartoons based on the cringey fanfiction you wrote and swore on your life to forget about:
youtu.be/-bG_PZwDhxE

the jared shit felt like an attention whoring method, with how before the thread even finished twitter had blew up about it to how easily it was swept under the rug with a "oh it's just a joke, btw we're victims with hurt feelings ouchie"

Are you retarded, or pretending to be? Fanart someone makes as a teenager (which, everyone's done embarrassing stuff at that time; I can't even judge those I despise for that time frame) can't be compared to something professionally created for an official show.
Hell, if he just did it in his own time, on his own dime, as fanwork, people wouldn't be as mad.

su didn't get bad until season 4, and even then season 5 is a huge improvment

Yea, space captain lars but not really was pretty nice, or more stevonnie, or connie bitching that steven manned up, or lapis fucking off just to come back 10 episodes later

No, people would simply not care for it rather than outright hate it. It would be viewed as We Bare Bears: Boring, cute, safe, and lame because it uses meme jokes.

stevonnie is great

You have the worst taste imaginable. Such an obnoxious character with a quirky personality, the entire time "she" was narrating during the jungle moon episode I was forcing myself not too change the channel, then they had her act out that bratty pink dialogue

nah, they're an interesting chracter

Probably just kids that don't know any better.

>Steven Universe or Regular Show
>Worst cartoon ever
>Someone who hasn't seen the kinds of pure concentrated awful that TV and the internet can produce

Get out while you can user, it only gets worse from here.

Here’s your pity (You) user. Had you left SU out of it and only mentioned RS, you might have gotten more (You)’s from that pitiful bait post.

NuPPG is basically the Teen Titans Go formula of using a franchise respected in nostalgia and in the process ruining it beyond compare.

Anytime I bring it up to normies, they show me the gizmodo article and act like Im the fucking weird one for caring

I couldn't get through it. Holy fuck that is cringey

>memeing this hard

the reason people don't like SU or RS on this board is because they're good shows that could be a lot better. If we're talking worst cartoon you need to look at shit like Brickleberry, Mr Pickles, or Mega Babies.

And they are adults in the show. Here they're placing a grown up with desire to fuck a toddler.

>There would be some late nights after watching Kobayashi Dragon Maid
>Same show where a pedo dragon tries to fuck a Toddler

I'm seeing a pattern here

I never hear anyone talking about this show.SO i suppose it is just forgettable.

Woah, how come I've never seen this one before

>interesting
hahahaha

Why the fuck would you bring that retarded shit up anyway

sauce for pic?

Pixiv image filename, my dude: pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4292834

I'm not trying to be contrarian, I'm just saying that there ARE people who do like it, or at least the merch it brings that allows them to continue liking the franchise as a whole, whether one thinks they should or not.

Tumblr called it racist what are you talking about?

Hey listen here you motherfucker, I'm the guy that wrote this post you responded to, if you think for even a SECOND that I watch or like this show, you've got another thing coming buddy. I hate the PPG reboot so much that I wrote a 10 page thesis paper for an animation class analyzing why it sucks so thoroughly---
This show is bad because it like tries to connect to the original series, but all I was trying to say is that many of the issues with the show would be ironed out if the connection to a literal classic were taken away entirely and it was original

shuma gorath shouldn't be this cute.

"consensus" means everyone agrees.

It literally doesn't.

What is that thing behind Blossom?

Not really, at least WBB has charm and a consistent aesthetic. The backgrounds are beautiful with how they replicate an actual storybook, and even reminds me of Winnie the Pooh at times, especially the Bear's house. PPG is just eye vomit, a total mess that doesn't have the foggiest idea of what it wants to be. Nothing about how it looks is appealing in the slightest, it's practically a step away from Problem Solverz.

all the fanart in this thread makes me sad that the reboot is as bad as it is.

I would totally go for a "powerpuff girls world tour" season where they fight kaiju from around the world. Mystery science theater 3000 already did the work of finding kaiju from every country.

I fail to see what CN would gain from that, having a potential pedophile even near your team is PR suicide. That's probably why they responded so quickly, because they knew that they would be in deep shit otherwise. It blew up way too fast because there was legitimate evidence for the while thing, there's no way they could've pulled the victim card from that.