John Romita Jr. Talks About Being Politically Incorrect

>“She’s not a white person. She’s not an African-American. She’s a person of color from the South Pacific, of Polynesian descent,” Romita explained in the interview. “I adore Tahiti — I went there on many vacations — so I threw in the tattoos and I threw in the look. Anything to be different. And I was scrambling to do different stuff, and the editors and Dan liked the idea.”

>“We didn’t do the standard fare and fill all the diversity and PC gaps,” Romita Jr. insisted. “We just tried to do something slightly different.”

>Romita believes that The Silencer could be a first for comics. “I don’t know how many character of South Pacific descent are in comics, but I’d like to think she’s the first one,” he said.

>But in the interview, Romita continued to hammer home the point that just because he’s co-created a character who happens to be a woman of color, he would definitely not like to be considered “PC.”

>“The thought is that this woman is strong after what she’s been through, and she becomes a mother and a wife. She’s a bad-ass, but now she wants to concentrate on her family,” Romita explained. “I admire that for the idea, because that’s how you empower people — that’s how you empower a female character — is doing the thing that people think is not strong. Well, wait a minute! What’s wrong with being a mother and a wife? What’s wrong with being a father and a husband?”

>“So doing things converse to PC, I find fascinating,” Romita continued, before revealing his true aspirations. “As a matter of fact, I want to be the most un-PC person in all of comics. Let’s piss everybody off.”

bleedingcool.com/2018/01/27/john-romita-jr-wants-un-pc-person-comics/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dimU4Rv7f_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So she's the western version of Android 18?

A lesbian conservative that says "Nigga nigga nigga".

Also likes to shoot white people?

>literally who

It's probably gonna be shit because JRjr is a shit artist nowadays.
I think he raises an odd issue with all this.
He has an assumption and to a degree is probably right about how a lot of ethnic and sexual diversity is just about ticking boxes and feeling good about how they're not a straight white male.
However by calling out that he did it, sort of makes him the other side of that coin, and crowing that he's not PC without it at all being a question that was raised.

Also I'm sure there are several comic characters from New Zealand.

he's only on it for 3 issues anyway

I always forget that people don't read comics here.

This is so funny because it seems like he really doesn't want to be considered one of those damned PC SJWs but everything he says here sounds pretty cool to a hardcore leftist like me.

he was great on All-Star Batman and The Last Crusade

Maybe you arent a hardcore leftist

I know, right? In his attempt to piss off what he perceives as "PC" he accidentally created an feminist character?

I hate the word "person of color"
I want to murder the person who invented it

Ok. But will it be any good?

It's JRJR and DC Comics, so...no.

>unironically using the term "Person Of Color"
No need to read any further.

The previews seemed alright.

Probably not, they're all Marvel knock-offs.
Only one that sounds interesting is Terrifics and I'm only in to see what they're doing with Plas and Tom Strong

Name some. I’m from NZ so I’m curious

it´s just more sjw shit and he is lying

>this is what americans think hardcore leftism is
You guys are so fucking clueless.

>>“We didn’t do the standard fare and fill all the diversity and PC gaps,” Romita Jr. insisted. “We just tried to do something slightly different.”
This whole line was advertised as new line of diverse characters. You don't have to pretend it's not intentional, just do good work and all will be ok. Unless you care about spergs kvetching at mere sight of something that intends to be visually different than overly muscular white people transported straight from the early 90s.

Anything left of Reagan is communism to Americans.

>Well, wait a minute! What’s wrong with being a mother and a wife?
It restricts a woman's potential imo.

It's her life and her choice to do what she wants.

>Polynesian
Why are Polynesian drawn as black? They look more like darker Asians than blacks.

More like doubles it, #momstrong.

You really think the Uso brothers look more like dark skinned Asians than Black? Lol ok

>politically incorrect
>uses the term ‘person of color’

for real, what's wrong with saying brown?

Kiwi Black

You think Django Fett, Taika Waititi, and Kamekona from Hawaii Five-0 look more like blacks than dark skinned Asians?

Too vague.

lmao he made her even more diverse, nibba has gone more PC than PC. no polynesians will be reading this comic

person of color is even more vague and unpractical for a description. what I meant is, does it have a negative connotation? why?

And "person of color" isn't?

>I created a woman of colour as a main character.
>I'm not PC though guy, really, I like to piss off those sissy liberals!

People who go out of their way to piss other off like this are such weenies. Seriously, if you want to make a PoC female character, just do it. You don't need to make everything you do some kind of crusade. Be cool John.

White people especially in America are terrified of doing anything that might upset blacks because everytime they're the least bit offended they will resort to violence. Unfortunately everything upsets them did you hear about what happened to H&M?

Bump

Everything you said is true and the reason everyone walks in egg shells around blacks and kisses their asses except the H&M thing wasn’t in America

THATS RACIST! GO BACK TO Sup Forums

Wtf man? You're not supposed to say that

We just need to accelerate the adoption of Pocs as a slur then they'll abandon it

Have you hugged your mother lately, user?

>really, I like to piss off those sissy liberals!

He's not saying that though. He's saying he's not trying create a character based on a diversity checklist. Sure he may just talking out his ass regardless, but at least attack him accordingly.

She is weak, like all the rest.

I'm not saying that Romita is a hardcore leftist, dumbass. Just that his idea of a TOTALLY-NOT-PC-CHARACTER is actually totally fine.

>django fett
dude

Enjoy thinking about suicide whenever you're awake and alone when you're 37 and husbandless and childless.

The point is to create two camps. White and everyone who's not white. White, apparently, isn't a colour so they're trying to lump anyone who isn't white into a group that can collectively fight against "white hegemony" or whatever the fucking buzzword of choice they've got lined up.

The camps have always exist user, it's always been whites and non-whites in america.

Are you married user?

But far more ugly.

To be fair, you will commit suicide even if you are a mother.

>nowadays
JRjr was never good.

Is this supposed to be someone of importance?

I read comics, still, fucking who?

I can't wait for a comic about the altar ego from "The Wall".

I wonder if he'll report to Mr. Worm?

>I read comics but don't recognize the name Romita
Kill yourself

No, but I want to be. I used to be very self-destructive around high school and post-high school and the path of hedonism and momentary and fleeting satisfaction has led me to nothing but ruin. Nobody mentally sound wants to be alone and without children, a family. Spending time with my little niece brought me to tears. I can't believe so many of us have said the words "I'll never have children." I even laughed at people who said these things yet claimed having children was the best choice they'd ever made. Hits you like a goddamn train at one point. You can't escape biology, I guess.

>because everytime they're the least bit offended they will resort to violence

I know, like the people who created modern day peaceful protesting and boycotting are all(45.3 million+ population in the US*1/30 of the population) a bunch of Violent joka's! XD

>wants to be "the most un-PC"
>wants to piss everybody off
>uses the term "person of color"

My god they've finally figured out we exist. Listen up islandbros it's gonna be Blue Hawaii all over again.

I kind of get what he's trying to say. Everything is so politicized and the lines are so stark now that you literally can't have a non-white character without people assuming you're making some kind of political statement, and vice versa.
Everyone just wants to shitstorm and ascribe politics to every fucking action and it's gross.

Thanks for bringing some much needed humanity to this board, user. It's taxing to only read edgelord autists sperging about this or that in comics and other such trivialities.

>t. am happily married with a baby on the way

>firstworldrealizations

congratulations on being born into societies with safety nets that ket you have those experiences

Not having kids because I have shitty genes. Plan on fostering and adopting instead. I'm not really marriage material though, not really the type of person people want to look at for too long.

I'm terribly lonely but just wanting something doesn't mean you should have it.

Anyone who says ''person of color'' unironically should be shot.

>people who said these things yet claimed having children was the best choice they'd ever made.
That was me. I broke up with women because they wanted kids and I didn't, then I met the right woman and we're about to have our fourth kid. Nothing makes me happier than being 'Dad'.

>old guy thinks being married with children is considered un-PC these days
Why are comics pros so behind the times?

I don't see the difference with the apparently racist term "colored" desu

He hangs around with the SJW crowd. He forgets that outside that bubble, no one thinks like that.

Why do women need to feel “empowered”? Why do they feel the need to ruin comics, for something that if they cant do without the aid of a fictional character shows they are infantile cowardly people?

>giving any shits what Jr Jr thinks about something

Try reading some comics older than you are.

Are there any non-PC comics out nowadays? Or is every single book infected with SJW, muh woman power, fat people memes

No, they are out there you just have to look

Name some. I've looked, hard

fukitor

>Person of Color

America was a mistake

liberals are not leftists

i highly doubt you're leftist

fukitor and some webcomic people like shadman I can’t think of anyone else right now

>no one mentally sound wants to be alone without children, a family

and the scores of fucked up and dysfunctional families say otherwise. keep talking like all parents are normal or are good parents

the bible is fanfic. have you tried that?

youtube.com/watch?v=dimU4Rv7f_Q

>he accidentally created an feminist character?
Until there's an issue of her shooting men who spread their legs on trains, while also disabling sexist airconditioners, she ain't a feminist character

Checking them out now. Thanks for the recommendations!

Holy fuck I hate Europeans.

hey guess what.

i grew up in georgia and texas. the eurofag is right.

now shut the fuck up and read karl marx

oh so he isn't some no-name schmuck?
cuz he sounds like a dumbass in this interview
he is somehow edgy and pandering at the same time

The dog killed her for the insurance money

>I don't read comic books but here's my hot opinion

I agree, but you should still kill yourself for not knowing the name Romita.

Is this the female version of a lonely loser? Except the incels don't have the good graces of killing themselves without being drama queens.

I'll only check this out for Dan Abnett, his Titans is shit but his Aquaman is A+ and I've liked most of his work.

HAHA LOL WHAT'S A KUBERT WHAT'S A KIRBY HAHA I DON'T READ COMICS BUT I STILL POST HERE BTFO NERDS

Nah. It's a modern feminist

Not that user, but Kirby?

>As a matter of fact, I want to be the most un-PC person in all of comics. Let’s piss everybody off.”

You can start by punching Bendis

>what was The Big Switch