Is this the worst incarnation of Penguin ever? It's not even the same character, just a psychopathic...

Is this the worst incarnation of Penguin ever? It's not even the same character, just a psychopathic, brutish glutton with a beer bottle shoved into his eye.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst incarnation of Penguin.

>It's not even the same character
You could say the same for all the skinny versions of Penguin too.

At the time I kind of liked him, but yeah he's nowhere near as interesting as comic Cobblepot. However Is right, Telltale Penguin is by far THE worst iteration just because he's the combination of several terrible versions.

These are both right answers.

>a psychopathic, brutish glutton
So... the Penguin?

that's the point of the penguin

this is not the penguin. this is fujobait

The Penguin has always been that way, OP. There are just some versions of his character that create a better illusion of sophistication than others. But it's almost always that; his manner is almost more like a lottery winner who decided to get into crime than someone who's 'old money'.

He has a fucking shark.

The whole idea of the monocle actually being a glass bottle stuck in his face is one of those concepts that sounds cool for exactly 4 seconds and then immediately realize "No wait, it's retarded". I love the Arkham games but my god is the writing in them just awful.

I like it because its different
although the cockney and chav accents are a weakness of mine

well its a video game they prioritize cool visuals over good writing because the players experience is taken in from the game experience

i liked him at first but then his story never really goes anywhere, just waits for batman at the park and then gets defeated by gordon

So how the fuck did Telltale Penguin not figure out Bruce Wayne was Batman?

he's great. I know he doesn't get alot of screentime but at least they show him as a gang boss ordering others.

that's what I don't like about videogames, they're full of those shitty ideas

>shard of glass went in his brain
>cant be removed because it's in too sensitive a location

makes perfect sense

This. I HATED Telltale's Penguin; the old friends dynamic really doesn't work for these two. As for Arkham Penguin... I'm meh, they just went the full psychopathic tendencies Penguin has rather than him being a smart businessman most of the time. It's Tolerable.

The fuck is this?

I have several problems with the characterization and writing in the Arkham games and overall I mostly tend to dislike their take on Penguin if only because of how absolutely fucking grating his voice is. I also wasn't a fan of his backstory and the changes made to his design.

>It's not even the same character
That's where I disagree because if anything his characterization is actually the only thing he has that feels close to comics Penguin. He is a completely, gloriously punchable scumbag with outdated conceptions of style and who loves being bad because it makes him feel powerful. Despite being modeled after Danny Devito, his character feels much closer to the Burgess Meredith version.
I enjoyed him in Arkham City more than I expected even if he is really off the mark in several aspects.
I just wish they had made him look like he did in the concept art.

This is the worst. By a mile.
He's like Gotham Penguin except he isn't the most well-acted character in the story, shares far less in common with the comics version and he's somehow even more blatant fujo bait.
I don't know who thought turning Oswald Cobblepot into Thomas Elliot was a good idea.

Telltale Batman's Penguin. So in their version, he's about Bruce's age, was a childhood friend, has a cockney accent, doesn't use an umbrella or anything resembling old money, and did crime in a literal penguin gas mask for....reasons.

I get where some people are coming from when it comes to videogame Penguin but nah he's not the worst. Sure he's not gentlemanly enough but I still think there's enough shades of the "real" Penguin that it works. You can make him scummier without totally losing the character.

But whatever. I like any Penguin that isn't full blown comedy Silver Age bullshit

But Penguin is scum, and the only thing played for laughs is his appearance

well, I think "Success is the best revenge" or whatever the quote really is is considered the definitive Penguin which is pretty low-level scummy everything considered.

The quote was "Living well is the best revenge", and that was for BTAS Peguin, who can't reach the levels of scum as comic Cobblepot

That's not even the Penguin, that's Hush with a British accent.

Which begs the question why didn't Telltale just use Hush if they were going to rip him off completely. It's not as if he's a very represented villain, so they would've gotten normie brownie points for going with a relatively obscure one.

Have the Arkham writers never heard of an infection before or something? Penguin should be dead from a staph infection by this point.

Why are you posting a pic of Bob Hoskins?

>get into fight or accidentally fall onto something face first
>embedded bottle gets pushed further into his skull
>dead

Had the same issue with Venom in MGSV with his metal horn, looking at them made me itch.

Because Oz at least has an understandable reason to hate the Waynes, while Tommy is just a retarded edgelord.

Why the fuck would you stab someone with a bottle facing the wrong way.

How the fuck does his eye still work.

How does the blood get to the skin.

How do the muscles function?

Its a perfect circular wall jammed deep enough to be embedded in the skull.

>doesn't use an umbrella

He does if you choose to take down Two-Face first. You confront Penguin in the next episode, and he's waiting for you in the rain, holding an umbrella.

I'm disappointed both scenarios end with Batman fucking up his leg and giving him a limp, but he never shows up again, so there's no payoff.

Would have made a good twist.
Tommy claims Thomas killed his parents and all the fans think he's lying.
Then comes the whole mobster Thomas reveal.

>complaining about that when we have Two Face, a guy who should've been dead hours after being disfigured from horrific infection alone

>so they would've gotten normie brownie points for going with a relatively obscure one.

I can get why they didn't go there. The only other major villains were an OC and Two-Face, and they were keeping John Doe under wraps, so I can get why they wanted another recognizable villain.

Also, no, using obscure villains in a major role isn't considered a good thing, at least to the normie audiences. They'll praise Brave and the Bold for using obscure villains as minor cameos, but shit on Beware when the obscure characters actually get to do something.

It's also why Gotham tends to kill off or forget obscure villains, or why Blockbuster, the most unknown Batman villain in the Telltale games, felt like an afterthought.

See this is why I hate people for not using Killer Moth more

Maybe the neck end was too fucked up to use, so the guy picked up the more intact bottom half and shoved it into his face.

It's still stupid, he'd have died of infection since the docs can't wash that dirty ass bottle from the inside. Then again, it's the same dumbass writing that had Batman powering through a prion infection through sheer will.

>they were keeping John Doe under wraps
Speaking of that, what the fuck was up with season 1's ending, and why has it been almost completely retconned by season 2? With the way the Joker behaves in that last episode, you'd think he knew about Batman's identity from the start and has been planning something, but nope. He wasn't just pretending to be retarded, he really is retarded.

Unless it turns out that Telltale's setting up to railroad us in the next episode and it turns out he's been evil this whole time. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

The Penguin isn't British, is he?

He probably suspected it, but didn't have his suspicions confirmed until season two.

Brutish, user.

The Arkham games focus on an experienced Batman who’s fought his rouges numerous times each. It’s entirely possible that Cobblepot kept an air of sophistication until Batman busted him 2-3 times. With his reputation in the shitter he dropped the act and let loose.