I miss this cartoon. Can we talk about it?

I miss this cartoon. Can we talk about it?

We don't talk about cartoons here.
We hate them.

I don't think the mods would like that

Remember Son, had we lost the Revolution the Aliens win.

It's a shame that we can't because of the baneposting because Big Guy was one of my favorite characters from any show because almost everything from him was a one-liner even when he was crazy

GOAT theme

Never understood this show.

When Big Guy speaks, is it just the pilot's voice through a filter? Or does he have a separate processor that creates context-appropriate dialogue for Big Guy to say?

The pilot is playing a character I'd assume

I'm surprised they haven't turned this into a movie yet.

Have you finish you weekend homework, OP?

Yeah, I love how he pull off giant shit when he start fighting stuff
>start out the battle with 2 giant bombs
>use his arm guns and blast shit until there nothing else standing
>start brawling if nothing else works
Stating that this was a fancy tank is an understatement.

At this point, I would say 50/50. Unless it was made by the same people, I wouldn't bet on it being good.

>"Fact: The only thing more piping-hot than Mom's fresh apple pie is the sting of my anti-lowlife-terrorist mag-popper! Want a slice?"

I like when he accidentally interrupts stuff.

"Sorry folks, my mistake. Mazeltov."

Watch the skies, coming at you,

Too bad it ended on a cliffhanger?

My dad and I used to watch it on Saturday mornings on Fox. Good times.

Show was pretty cool, too. Had a "Dark Horse" vibe to it.

An episode revealed that they literally couldn't make an A.I. work for Big Guy (development hadn't reached the level of Rusty yet), so as a way to keep their funding from getting cut, they faked it by having a pilot pretend he was the robot itself.

It was based on a Dark Horse comic series, so of course it will.

A hero of magnitude!
He locks horns with disaster,
For the Red and White and Blue!

This post is extremely painful.

The comic was alot more bleak and violent then I thought it would be. In the first few pages you see a genetic monster slaughter an entire street of civilians and Rusty spends most of the comic lamenting how useless he perceives himself to be.

For every baby who's ever going to cut a tooth and for every kid who's ever going to study hard and get a good job!

Big Guy and Rusty doesn't seem like something that needs to be tied too closely to its predecessors. Just make it a Pacific Rim satire.

I think it went through a filter because I remember one episode had the pilot basically swear, but Big Guy said something else.

But I love Big Guy's quips.

"Have some of grandma's apple pie! *arm weapons deply* Pipin' hot!"

I love the episode when that gladiator fighter came and beat Big Guy to a pulp via unfair means.
Then Big Guy fought back with equally unfair methods, and wiped the floor with him.

The whole serie was finished off with a cliffhanger, wasn't it?

The main story line, yes. Big Guy and Rusty defeated the 3 Legion ex Machina member in their unique way and the doc they save mention there was one more. The last episode was the giant talking ape.

I hear it as "A hero of metal hue"

same

I heard it as "a hero of diesel fuel" myself

Yeah, it's definitely "metal hue."

In the comics, did Rusty ever find out that Big Guy was just a suit?

I'm not sure the series could have ever handled this kind of character development.

Wasn't it a one-shot?

Also, apparently at one point Godzilla was going to cameo in this show. Toho shot it down.

Maybe if there were more season, really. When Rusty mature

mega?
i remember not really liking it as a kid even though i loved the other shows in this style like godzilla and mib

I found the whole series on YouTube a while back. Might be worth a look.

The comic was better to be desu.