The Comedians button

So when Dr Manhattan teleported Blake to the ocean is that when his button for some reason teleported into Batmans cave? Then he gives it back to Blake after Batman/ Flash Button story?

Also if Dr Manhattan went back in time to save the Comedian does this now change the history and events in Watchmen?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/promethea-justice-league-america/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Also if Dr Manhattan went back in time to save the Comedian does this now change the history and events in Watchmen?
Only if the comedian intervenes or is discovered would it directly change anything. As it stands their just be a lack of a body and a funeral, I doubt it be enough for plans to change.

pretty sure there was a body, we just never saw it because there's no reason too

So who the fuck did they bury then?
Eat my ass, Geoff

Potentially, Manhattan could have just created a duplicate of Comedian's body to hit the ground while transporting the real body to the DC universe.
For god knows what conceivable reason.

Dr. Manhattan can manipulate atoms, so

“A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference."

Speculation's fun and all but this is one of those things that I think will need to be judged as a complete body of work.

Off to a meh start, though.

So wait, he wasn't bamboozled by Veidt but was in on the whole plot?
Only more of a reason why he wouldn't save the Comedian

I just assumed he created a new Comedian, not that he teleported him away.

It sure looks like he's teleporting him away.

Bump

After DC is finished mining Watchmen, what is next? V For Vendetta?

I mean, they already went and did Promethea in a fashion.

>Promethea
They did?

cbr.com/promethea-justice-league-america/

So fucking racist. Go back to Sup Forums!

>So wait, he wasn't bamboozled by Veidt but was in on the whole plot?

Either that or future Jon at the end of Watchmen #12 traveled back to #1 and teleported Comedian yet somehow remained undetected by Ozymandias or past Manhattan. Or maybe past Manhattan suspected but didn't care because it was inevitable.

This is almost certainly bullshit and my own personal theory but I'm convinced that by leaving the Watchmen universe Jon wasn't bound by his own future actions anymore, as he literally was outside of time. The "strings" got cut, using his metaphor. So he was suddenly burdened with free will again and began fucking with things.

>That prose

Oh jesus kill me. Comics were a mistake.

Why?

If he never hit the ground. He never died. But he said.

This comic is getting dumber every minute.

>being this retarded
That prose is from Watchmen itself. You just exposed that you don't know shit.

Probably this. An exact replica that for all intents and purposes IS The Comedian.

I would have preferred the original Rory being brought back, but hell, the Comedian is an amazing second choice. Seeing him fuck up golden boy is even sweeter.

We don't actually have enough middle-aged/older antihero capes left these days. They deaged Frank and Marvel just can't do edge all that well outside MAX imprints, or manage the atmosphere of DC. A strange blend of Captain Amercia, Red Hood, and Punisher with a Joker vibe would be beautiful as a mainline DC character. I hope they keep him around and he gets his own solo.

How old was he when he 'died' in Watchmen? It's been a while.

Classic Johns

He was fucking with Adrian. Adrian dealt a killing move and Comedian knew Manhattan was the only reason he was still alive.

Only Superman can save it. His presence in this world is all I want to see.

Maybe. It'd better be based on the book and not the movie, though.
Comic V would've thought movie V was an idiot and probably would've wondered how he logically could've managed to FedEx thousands of costumes in a totalitarian government. Probably would've laughed at the fact that movie V was burned, too. He never wore the mask to hide any disfigurements.

I think he was pushing 60. Give or take a few years.
I'm about 25 pages so far and while it's no Moore, it's not bad. The mime's interesting. Most interesting character in this for me.

Does someone at DC just really want to stick it to Moore? Like, more than usual?

DC's been wanting to profit on Moore's properties for years.
Luckily they can't touch Miracleman.

>Speculation's fun and all but this is one of those things that I think will need to be judged as a complete body of work.
Unless Johns magically becomes a better writer through the future issues, I sincerely doubt the quality is going to get better by any significant degree. After all, tons of people on Sup Forums said "wait and see" for Darkseid War and that ended up being a steaming pile of shit.

>while it's no Moore, it's not bad
It's not good either. It's the definition of mediocre. At least Before Watchmen was bad enough that it produced some memes, this is just forgettable.

I'd say it's a hair above mediocre. It has potential so far, but he does need to get on with it. We're already a quarter of the way through.

Bump

Please kill yourself.

Both sides of the argument are shit. The Watchmen characters exist because DC wouldn't let him write something like this with Fawcett characters, but DC only has the Fawcett characters because they sued Fawcett out of existence because they couldn't outsell Captain Marvel any other way. Moore gets all uppity about DC wanting to use his "original" characters that he made because they wouldn't let him use THEIR "original" characters. Then he turns around and makes an "original" super team with public domain characters and has Mr Hyde assrape the Invisible Man. Now DC is incorporating his knock-offs of Fawcett's knock-offs.
No one really has a moral high ground here.

What the fuck does Fawcett have to do with this?

Moore heavily based the characters in Watchmen on characters that were in Fawcett and Charlton comic books.

He didn't base the Watchmen characters on Fawcett characters, what are you talking about?

No because he didn't go back in time. He created a copy of The Comedian from that exact point and dropped him in the DCU.

How will that button end up in The Joker's asshole? And which Joker?

You're right, it was Charlton Comics. I don't know what Fawcett has to do with Watchmen.

Sorry, early morning brainfart. Got Fawcett and Charlton mixed up.

so I've just found out this exists
If I only ever read Watchmen and don't care for the rest of DC - I suppose I shouldn't bother?

more like Professor Bedshittan

If he can travel in time (rather than dimensions which are superficially similar but diverge at key points and can be infinitely diverged, as is the case of the Marvel Multiverse) then everything before the furthest point in the future that he (or any other time traveler) has been is pre-ordained, because it is all the past from his perspective.

Anything else is a paradox. There's still the lesser paradox of how events could have led to his creation if he exists at points before his own creation, but it's not relevant here.

BTW I've just read Before Watchmen: Moloch and it actually makes sense, while art is shit

The Before Watchmen series is underrated.

It's because they're shit.

I don't think you understand the concept of something being underrated Moorelet.

nigga deserves it

Why is johns such a shit writer?

>Gary Frank trying to imitate Dave Gibbons
Fucking disgusting.

Just because you like something that's universally regarded as mediocre doesn't mean it's underrated.