The Iron Giant

I watched this for the first time earlier this week and I absolutely loved it. Can I get an iron Giant thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dwkk2rhynq0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

still Bird's best film IMO

This and Animalympics make me wish animators could get to getter just to animate once again.

>get to getter
ayy mon

Its funny, the Giant is perhaps one of the stronger examples of a superhero than most capeshit cranked out today

Sorry. Not sorry.

I agree. It's so sadly ironic that a character that was inspired by old Superman is now more moral than the actual Superman that's on film.

>You go, I stay

Does anyone else want to see an Iron Giant homage character appear in DC and officially join the Super-Family?

WHERES THE GIANT MANSLEY

Glad he has a cameo in "Ready Player One".
Maybe it will get more people to see The Iron Giant.

>Glad he has a cameo in "Ready Player One".

>Ready Player One
I understand that its still probably going to be a good movie, made with tons of love and care from Spielburg, but nothing can ever match the disappointment I felt going from the first 3rd of the first trailer to the rest of it. Seeing what could have been the first major studio cyberpunk film made in fucking years go into pointless nostalgiafagging.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dwkk2rhynq0

>man of iron

>made with tons of love and care from Spielburg,
Have you SEEN his movies for the last 10 years?

There was a thread today about the iron giant. Some shlomo was trying to trivialize the movie. Saying it was trite anti-gun propaganda. I hit em with this analysis

Reminder, there is a fucking army of him out in the universe.

Dean doesn't tell us the theme, but encapsulates it. He's the average American. Unsure about his future, resistant to change, but ultimately a good guy.

But yeah, there's a lot going on with the Giant and it's nature interacting with America in a time where we were grappling with OUR nature. And then the kid is doing the same because that's growing up. And so forth and so forth.
It's a really great movie because it has got layers. Like an onion

Every day.

"You are who you choose to be." is the explicit theme of the film.

Which is a simplification of based Vonnegut's "You are who you pretend to be, so take care about what we pretend to be"

Would Jon be a good Hogarth stand in?

>Superman battles some evil killbot.
>He knocks it the fuck out, and it goes flying
>Jon finds it because he was shadowing dear old dad
>repeat of Iron Giant
I dig it

ive never seen that seen anyone, is the special edition worth buying

HOG HUG?!

Might make for a good story, Clark feeling bad jumping the gun on a giant robot that crashed to Earth. Though to be fair, The Iron Giant was built to be a weapon of war and only learned to be good thanks to a defect. Might also be fun if he's usually hanging out with Steel in his spare time

Hell yes, Iron Giant is the shit.

I need those doodle doods sketches that chris did

i dont get it?

It's a deleted scene but a great one. It's on the dvd.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894

neat ive always wanted to know about whatever made him and the civilizations that they've conquered

Im glad this was taken out desu, when Iron Giant becomes the walking death machine at the near end of the movie, in the matter of like 7 seconds, its such a great moment. I feel like this scene would have spoiled it a tiny bit.

I agree.
The movie already has the intro scene with his attack on the power station to make us afraid of his true nature.
The dream scene is a little "HEY YOU GET IT YET YOU GET IT HE MIGHT BE BAD YOU GET IT"

Part of what makes really good honestly "all ages" films like the Iron Giant is that it doesn't treat its audience, young or old, as total fucking retards who can't pick up obvious cues

but he was just eating the power plant.

That's enough to say he's "evil"
My 4 year old picked up on that

>I understand that its still probably going to be a good movie
Yeah, no, it's gonna be the biggest clusterfuck of the decade.

I have that shirt!