Venture Bros

Continued from Just hitting the middle of Season 4, it's pretty wild how the first half feels like a SLIGHT step-down from Season 3, but then they end up reaching new highs with Brock's SPHYNX stuff and Operation PROM.

What are your favorite jokes/characters/moments/episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5KiWvxVlvE
youtube.com/watch?v=i9o3nKsO_MQ
youtu.be/d5yZLWVofmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>post yfw Orpheus and Jefferson tell 21 that Baba Oje is still alive

While it's not one of my favorites, I think Perchance to Dean is one of the best episodes in terms of how well it blends the A, B, and C stories together.

>Dean starts doing science, thinks Clone Dean is the result of an experiment gone wrong
>Clone Dean throws a corpse in front of the car, makes Hank think he killed the real Dean
>Meanwhile, Hatred and Doc put C4 Rusty sculptures all over the lawn
>Clone Dean dies by hugging one of them
>"Who the hell was that?"
It ties everything together perfectly.

I think we're about tuckered out, we don't need to have a perpetual Venture thread.

Look, buddy, I love Venture Bros, but generals are cancer. Lets not ruin a good thing now

youtube.com/watch?v=z5KiWvxVlvE
>Those whiny sounds helper makes
How can a robot with no expressions or verbal communication have so much character?

Sphinx!
>that time Phineas Phage dressed as the walking eye and just said "beep beep boop"

we could take out his tongue
with a knife
or remove his heart
ya with a knife
bigger knife
fucking knife

>Che Pacabra
>A counterpart to Venturestein, fighting for the rights of natural supernatural creatures instead of manmade ones

What even is SoulBot? Is it like, a Vocaloid that Doc and Jackson invented?

This. Venture threads are so good because they’re so rare, much like the show itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=i9o3nKsO_MQ

This whole scene got me into David Bowie when I was 16.

>Whistlin' Dixie
>After being booted from her mother's trailer home, down on her luck Kentucky Girl signs up to be a paid test subject in a SCIENCE experiment. She soon develops several powers based around whistling, her most commonly used one is a loud sonic whistle.

>Baba Oje
doesn't prove much considering that doctor Orpheus's casualness about magic and his need for appreciation and validation and his using magic to mess with people for revenge the way he did action man shows Orpheus is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Okay, I just got to this part. I had to pause it because I was laughing too hard.

The whole point is that 21 was seeing the ghost of 24 hang out with a celebrity who played a character named Mr Wendell on Arrested Development.

He asked Orpheus if Mr. Wendell was a ghost, and both he and Jefferson clarified that Mr. Wendell was a character played by a guy named Baba Oje, who was alive.

After that, 21 stopped seeing ghosts, confirming that the whole thing was in his head.

Colonel Gentleman is great.

"Blasted Mallomars! My tits are back!"

>SHCOOBY DEW MONSTAH GAME

CAN YOU HEAR ME MAJOR TOM

AHT-AHT IMPERIAL WAKKA

Is Pinstripes and Poltergeists the most underrated episode?
>24's ghost shouting about how 21 wants to fuck Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
>Introduction of Monstroso
>DMTM trying to land the Monarch-Mobile on the roof
>First proper SPHINX subplot
>"DUH, PICKLE PENIS, PICKLE PENIS, WHOOP, MY UNDERWEAR IS ON FIRE, WHOOP"
>Brock vs 21
>Brock and 21 team-up
>"Hey Shore Leave, you enjoy your time in prison with those homophobic drug lords last week?"
>"WHITE YOU LAZY BASTARD, IF YOU HAD EVEN AN OUNCE OF THIS LITTLE GUY'S MOXIE I'D BE CLEANING YOU LIKE A TOILET SEAT"
>"INTRUDER AT THE FRONT GATE. THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN."
>Dr Mrs The Monarch telling off the Moppets

It's got so many good bits and jokes and I swear I never see it in any Best Of lists.

It’s a god tier episode but there are so many god tier Venture episodes that a best-of list is kind of impossible

Mr wendal is a song user. Arrested development is an 80`s rap group and baba oje is some old dude who was lan old dude who was like a weird unofficial member who was part of their image.
Didnt one of Monstroso's goons see 24 and interact with him though?

Huh, I totally thought they meant the show.

And the Monstroso Henchman bit was made to throw people off the scent, the same way 24 shows up with the ghosts of Speedy and Woodrow Wilson.

Dangling Participle. He's a nudist grammartician who is incredibly annoying to talk to. Briefly referenced as a background joke on trial for sexual assault.

I fucking love the music being played in the scene where Billy meets Monstroso for the first time. It was a great example of how the show could find a perfect balance between comedy and drama.

youtu.be/d5yZLWVofmY

Dandy Lion. A Lion-headed man who is essentially a really well-dressed Poison Ivy

>Nippon Twister and Denki Punch
>Foreign Japanese hero duo with storm and lightning powers, American Hero Organizations force the two to go by localized names. Neither really fond of their monikers while in the states.

I finished Season 2 and started the first three episodes of Season 3. It seemed like Sgt. Hatred was going to be a big character and now it looks like that lead up is starting to pay off.

Was funny to see that Henchman 21 be with the Monarch since the beginning.

And it's overall been improving, although maybe that's just me getting used to it, because the first season was kind of weak but you guys praise it here so I kept going.

Was kinda surprised to catch Ian Jones Quartey's name in the credits.

Nah season 1 is indubitably the weakest

I always thought that one was underrated.
The end end scene with Clone Dean and the Rusty statue was one of my favorite moments in the show. It's pretty heart wrenching, too.

Season 1 was fairly weak, but it had its moments and laid down the foundations for the series.

Season 2 built upon the foundations and allowed the series to grow.

Season 3 was when the series finally nelly began to reach puberty.

Season 4 was when the series finally grew its beard.

what about 5 and 6?

Not him, but I'd say 5 and 6 continue to improve in terms of character development, even if 2 and 3 are where most of the classic moments/episodes are.

Orpheus' powers don't work on strong demons (Cthulhu, The Master, Killinger). How did 24 order the drink? Was Killinger playing 24 to train 21 to be a villain, and did 24 reject it, just to accidentally fall back into it in trying to make the Monarch a 'villain' who is an anti-hero. Who he will arch when he learns that he killed 24.

Also the real Kano also probably killed the real Blue Morpho as he was their pilot and they died in a plane crash. Also poetically the original BM probably was in a kind of love with Dr. V. Sr. and Monarch is in a kind of love with Rusty. He though he had a cuck fetish because he got off watching Dr. Misses make out with Rust, but with another guy he couldn't get into it.

All of these are excellent.

A Native American team using the four classical elements:
>Adobe Brick (Earth)
>Sioux Chef (Fire)
>Seminole Fluid (Water)
>Apache Fog (Wind)

Is Fat Chance dead?

When I own a home, my doorbell is going to be:

>INTRUDER AT THE FRONT GATE. THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN

Fat Choice. I really hope not, I absolutely loved him. Obviously he wasn't meant for the council so hopefully he reappears.

We never saw the body so there's still a chance of reasonable size that he survived the gargantua 2 crash

One was so good i saved it from a venture thread a few years ago, still makes me giggle
>

"Gi-Antman. I can grow to the size of a giant ant. Theoretically the definition of a "giant ant" can be infinitely big, but I'm not that creative so I only grow to about 5, maybe 6 feet. Which to be fair, is a pretty big ant."""

>you know you remind me of that guy from marvel comics, the uh,
>Sub-mariner!
>guy who,
>Sub-
>had the strength,
>the sub-mariner?
>like size of an, ant
>you know, you read your marvel comics, I read Archie.