New Zealand, it's our plate that rubs you the wrong way and makes you quake

New Zealand, it's our plate that rubs you the wrong way and makes you quake.

F

be afraid Californians.

GEb! 2016

bloody hell...

is everybody alright?

Yeah not too bad here, only 2 people dead. I live in the capital and there's a decent amount of damage. Lots of roads that won't be able to be used for a while but otherwise all good!

how did it feel when it was happening? the USGS shake intensity chart had it at a IX in deep red..

the driver was in a state of shock but otherwise ok. the car was a write off.

so far. 2 deaths. one believed heart attack of old person. low count at this stage. mainly structural damage.

oh definitely, it had just after midnight and lasted close to a minute, lots of stuff fell over, doggo was going mental, it was felt over the entire country which is very rare.

>2016
>believing in the plate tectonics meme

did you shit your pants or did you witness anyone who shit their pants?

LITERALLY SHAKING

No pants shitting but I lived in Christchurch during the February 2011 quake that killed 185 people. Would love to move to a country like Aus that doesn't have these stupid plates.

Never change.

Tectonic plaques is a meme? What's causes earthquakes then?

>not knowing about the moon

That was a bit of a rumble.

>implying the moon really exists in the mortal plane

Hold F11.

I just got back home since the tsunami warning called off, now I get to spend the whole day cozyposting

Tomorrow the moon is the closest it will be until 2034
Quake 5 confirmed

Me too user 4 day wkend ah ha

Christchurch user here. Hit 2 mins past midnight, finished at 12:06/

Constant rumbling that just would not stop. Been a number of aftershocks all morning

Thankfully epicenter is in a remote rural area which accounts for the low death toll. Some towns completely cut off and helicopters only way of gaining access. Military going in. Also expecting more quakes over the next few days/weeks.

I'm over all this rumbling. Been years of this shit.

Also any foreign anons wanting a live stream, google tvnz. They have rolling coverage and general updates as more details and pictures come in. I can't link it as am on my phone sorry.

Hopefully this is a hit to our tourism. Don't want more USA cucks coming here