How would you fix the DCU?

How would you fix the DCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2018/JAN.html
blindgossip.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd make a good movie.

what the fuck is that screenshot?

By canceling it, and starting over after a decade. Everything must go. EVERYTHING

Kill Joss Whedon.

Reinstate Snyder. let him do his take on the fourth world.
Have Johns be in charge of the kids division. He'll be paid in cereal and a false sense of grandeur

>Nolan coming back to DC
Nice fanfiction you autist.

HAHAHAHA DC IS DEAD

nice try marvel boy

>implying I like Marvel
HAHAHAHAHA MARVEL IS GAY AS SHIT

Twitter & Tumblr don't like Joss Whedon since details of his Wonder Woman project became public so they'd be silly to hire the Whedon family now.

Let Snyder control everything.

(Or sell DC Comics to Disney.)

Which is not the same as Not Hiring them

Snyder is done
He made millions when there should have been billions

Isn't this guy (HIMMMM) allegedly Robert Downey Jr.

The only decision that would lead to any worthwhile DC films, and that's sad.

I refuse to believe that anyone is not shitposting about giving more control to sucker punch creator over any franchise

Who is "himmmm", why should I give a fuck about what his theories and how the fuck OP is not a faggot who enjoy the BBC?

Meh some of his other stuff was decent.
I do genuinely believe that meddling made what was originally a mediocre movie into absolute messes.
Same with Suicide Squad.
But then again I don't care about making a profitable DCEU, but would rather make a few movies that interest me
Real shame how suicide squad turned out because they did a lot of things I wanted Capeshit movies to do.

Suicide Squad was better and more sucessful than Sucker Punch

Snyder is literally the worst option

Yeah and Zack's other movies were more successful than Suicide Squad.

Also Suicide Squad is yet another movie DCEU fucked by not just letting the Director make a coherent movie because they're too busy chasing Marvel and being afraid of failure.

300 is Snyder only movie that was a sucessful as suicide squad.

And was also the one where he had the least freedom.

how about just getting some different fucking directors to make your movies?

They're starting to do it now but is too late.

>How would you fix the DCU?

Put someone random in charge.
Shonda Rhimes Presents The DC Universe

recast superman as Nicolas Cage

>How would you fix the DCU?
Deal with the root of the problem and put the executives on a leash, because he reason the last movies sucked was that they wanted the same things that marvel had without the time marvel had to develop things and it predictably crashed and burnt their whole enterprise.

To be fair some of the things the MCU created are both impossible to recreate and unnecessary at this point and time.

snyder doing the kids movie line is pretty hilarious

More reasons to put the execs under control, because they want those things that are unnecesary and impossible, because they only see the money it generated and don't understand the WHY it did so.

Interesting point, actually. They can't tread that same ground again.

Fire Zack Snider and whoever wrote the scripts for Man of Steel and Batman V Superman. Snider has a knack for visual style and his overall direction was fine, but the fine detail work was an absolute mess on a scene to scene basis. It really doesn't help that Snider and co are basically writing philosophy for edgy twelve year olds into their story, the kind of shit that would barely fly in a high school English class, yet it's in a $250 million movie? Christ, I cringed so hard when Superman went into the church in Man of Steel, it was like someone read two pages of Nietzsche and figured they understood all of existentialism.

Also, stop making every movie just to set up other movies. Just focus on making the one movie and then build on it from there. Superman in Batman V Superman literally died just so they could bring him back in the Justice League. Why? Marvel can be bland and formulaic but at least their overarching cinematic stories make some kind of sense. They don't pound you over the head with literal advertisements for the other in-universe movies mid-movie. When Batman hacked into Lex Luthor's computer and found files on the other "metahumans" with obvious corporate logos on them I burst out laughing, it was so transparent. I think this is one of the reasons that Wonder Woman works so much better than all the other movies, her story is set so long ago that there's no way they can tie it into the larger cinematic universe, so it just gets to exist without a boardroom of suits leering over the screenwriter's shoulder muttering about cameos and setups.

I really like DC characters, and they've had a lot of great movies in the past, so it pains me to see Warner Bros fuck up so much with the DCEU.

Me personally? Make full-on retro films. Set them in the sixties or seventies, warts and all. Give minor characters a chance to shine through very thoroughly considered and carefully crafted character studies.

I'd start with a Martian Manhunter film, a story of an unlikely visitor from another planet meant to be a contrast to the story of Superman. Show humanity from a different angle first.

Why isn't anyone as smart as me?

That's what I've heard, yeah.

>give adult division to Joss Whedon
>don't give full creative control to Zack Snyder
I'm beyond mad.

>full creative control after Dawn of Marthas

I'll never understand people who will eat the biggest bowls of shit possible as long as they can pretend they're somehow different or unique. Auteur theory has become a cult of personality just like any other, and it's just as pathetic.

>Dawn of Marthas
BvS has its problems (personally, I hated laptop videos scene), but it's still one of best superhero movies in my book.

Why do these articles always go out of their way not to name names i the actual text, only to do so in the explanation below anyway.

>one of the best

How? It's all plot setup and no follow-through, Snyder can't pace a movie or build a character to save his life and just papers it over with vague stabs and themes or symbolism as a defence mechanism.

It's not even interestingly weird outside of the meme'd stuff like Eisenberg's performance or the piss jar and the triple dream sequence. It's mostly dull characters walking into rooms, stating their character motivations to the camera, and then leaving.

I think it's arguably the best one period. I keep trying to think of ones that were better but I can't come up with any. Dark Knight? Actually not that memorable outside of Heath Ledgers performance. Raimis first two Spiderman movies? Great for their time but now they mostly stand as The Marvel Formula, But Done Right. Logan? Started off strong but the second half just didn't manage to make good on it. Watchmen? Mostly works because of hiw close it sticks to the source material.

The only ones I'd maybe consider being on par with it are Burtons Batman movies and Donners Superman movies and I'm pretty sure that Batman Returns isn't quite as good as I think it is.

>Why do these articles always go out of their way not to name names i the actual text, only to do so in the explanation below anyway.

They're blind items. When industry insiders (claim to) know secrets but can't fully reveal them for one reason or another. The names below are guesses to who they are referring too.

The one the OP posted comes from Alt. Gossip Celebrities which has more 'secrets' from the film side: agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2018/JAN.html

This one has more 'secrets' from the music side: blindgossip.com/

>Raimi Spiderman films
>Donner Superman films
>Logan
>The Dark Knight
>Worse than Bvs

Get outta here.

No, I explicitly said that the Donner Superman films are probably still better. I'd need to see the Raimi Spiderman movies again to be sure. I stand by the other ones. And I liked Logan and Dark Knight just fine, they're still miles above most other movies in the genre.

I also really like The Incredibles, if that counts.