DC is finished

DC is finished

Am I supposed to be outraged or hyped? I don’t follow DC enough to know what it is I’m looking at beyond Wonder Woman with some kind of anime styled sword?

Explain.

>Sup Forums: "literally who?"

I don't think anyone really cares given how nothing JLA is.

>take the character that Alan Moore specifically did to pour his belief system onto the comics page
>the character he would only come to write because he had a hands-off deal with Wildstorm
>shoehorn it into the company he most reviled

Did they finally remember Diana’s Super Sayin mode? Prometha is a pretty stupid name for it though

I honestly don't know who this is. I thought it was WW but apparently not.

>Americas Best Justice League
So, Tom Strong and Promethea and... Greyshirt, Cobweb, First American and Splash Brannigan? Smax and some random Top 10 characters?

I would pay some good money for Plastic Man meeting Splash Brannigan.

This is pretty funny. I'm laughing at Moore so hard right now.

I know nobody on Sup Forums reads comics, but still.

Tom Strong is great and I can't wait to see him in Terrifics.

>casual autist triggered by crossovers
Meanwhile marvel literally destroyed squadron supreme dimension in a shitty COIE rip off, yeah they are all fucking dead, is canon.

Franklin can bring them back any time he wants to.

moore is going to be so pissed kek

Will they bring in Top Ten? Top Ten would be hard to fit in with DC and their 52 universe thing. Would have to do another cross multiverse thing like Metal.

I'm thinking that's how Tom Strong and family are being brought over.

Who cares about her? Seriously.

That series does take place in the dark multiverse if I recall correctly.

Which is weird.

They did it with Watchmen.

really?

What is so weird about it? It was written by Moore.

do you fags not really know who Promethea is or are you just pretending to be retarded?

Why would I read something written by a commie?

Yeah but that is one universe. Have you read Top Ten? There is a whole multiverse to it.

Tom Strong isn't very dark though.

I heard one page has to be taken out and folded or something. Can this be read digital?

>Moore
>Isn't very dark
Nice one user.

>There is a whole multiverse to it.

As Metal has shown, DC is going right back into Omniverse mode, A multiverse of multiverses.

You seriously should read Tom Strong it's super fun.

I'm so fucking disappointed in nobody knowing who Promethea is.

I thought that DC comics was a single multiverse that was part of a larger number of multiverses of other franchises from WB

>admitting to being a casual
Embarrassing.

On the topic of Tom Strong, Telsa is a top tier waifu.

It's still in print from what I can see, so it is pretty odd.
I myself haven't picked it up yet though because I would rather wait for a thicker hardcover or deluxe trade version (and yes, I know that there were Absolutes made) than shell out for six $22 small trades (canada tax)

Yes.

I know of her, but never read the books. I'd like to. I don't know how significant she'll be in the story with the JSA.

>JSA
JLA

Can't use Isis anymore, so PROMETHEA.

I think that it will just be the same as with Lucifer: nothing can take away the strength of the original authors' intent or work.

Promethea and Luicifer were and are some of, if not the best comics of all time. They both had conclusive endings that were appropriate and carried thematic conclusions as well as simple narrative ones.

The writers who are so tone deaf that they think they can do anything with these characters that will in anyway stand up to their previous creators are the ones who lose here.

It's building a modern cookie cutter home and attaching it to a Frank Llyod Wright house. Observers will watch and be left only to ask 'Why?'

>marvel literally destroyed squadron supreme dimension in a shitty COIE rip off
user, COIE was shit, and Secret Wars was goat.

I know who she is because I read something about Alan Moore, I didn't read her comic, there are a lot of comics I haven't read yet.

Hickman be praised

t. shit taste marvel shill

Them too.

because Karl Marx is hands down the most influential philosopher in western history

>The writers who are so tone deaf that they think they can do anything with these characters that will in anyway stand up to their previous creators are the ones who lose here

this user fucking gets it

good artist

Thus

Is this a joke. I haven't read much of promethea, but I know enough about Moore's character and its reputation to actually WTF when I opened this image.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was genuinely surprised by anything on Sup Forums

Remember Angela? This is a bad idea.
Also JLA is ending in April

Smax and Toybox ongoing when??

Fuck Alan Moore.

>user walks off into the sunset
>"there goes the most incorrect man who ever lived"

Alan Moore in spinning in his grave right now.

I know, he always says that he doesnt give a shit about comicbooks any more. But damn, I bet hes so fucking mad right now, like "sobbing himself to sleep"-mad. Hahaha.

>The writers who are so tone deaf that they think they can do anything with these characters that will in anyway stand up to their previous creators are the ones who lose here.

Oh the irony.

new 52 fucked up imho.

>The writers who are so tone deaf that they think they can do anything with these characters that will in anyway stand up to their previous creators are the ones who lose here.

I don't expect JLA + Promethea or Doomsday Clock to be as good as Moore's original stuff (because that's retarded and Moore is clearly the superior writer) but lol superhero comics are fucking built on people using characters made by other writers and artists.

Hell fucking Moore also uses characters and stories created by other people, he's writing Lovecraft fanfiction.

Quit your wanking and just say Moore, Gaiman and Carey are better writers than Orlando, Johns and the literal who that wrote the shitty post-New 52 Lucifer crap.

Angela could have been decent had they kept her a demon hunter and made her a Ghost Rider antagonist/ally like she was with Spawn or whatever the fuck. She had a theme going on that was already difficult to screw up.

But no, they had to throw her into space, then make her a Guardian, Then make her Thor's sister and then the final nail in the coffin was giving her to Gillen and Bennett.

Don't really get the point, promethea won't boost sales and the comic is ending anyway.
That's not event the correct outfit too.

Congrats on missing his point entirely and constructing your own to win an argument that doesn't exist. He's saying that even using this character is a mistake, it's not about the mere quality of the writing, but the subject itself. If there's zero chance of them making anything worthwhile, why do it?

moore is literally, LITERALLY a cuck

They just want to fuck with Moore at this point.

Pretty sure Geoff thinks he could write a story as good as Moore's, kek.

tis funny because this is like the first time Johns has tried writing a 3derp4u story and he goes for making a sequel to the most acclaimed and popular story that's studied in high schools and colleges, perpetually a best seller for decades
the balls of that dude are outrageous, it's commendable

I mean, he probably can. Moore's written a lot of stinkers, it's not hard to top garbage like Lost Girls or Necronomicon or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Johns may not be the best writer but he can do better than a lot of Moore's output easy.

but LEoG first two volumes and Nemo are great
if anything call out Voodoo, Judgement Day and his Vigilante

Don't know who she is, was her comic good ?

Thank god this shit pile book is ending after No Justice

And this is why rebirth is trash.

to be fair, this isn't any stupid, "oh, she was REALLY from the dc earth 1 the whole time!" nonsense.

the queen of Fables, opened up a portal to another dimension. Immateria.

Promethea:
Promethea was a young girl whose father was killed by a Christian mob in Alexandria in 411 AD. After escaping the mob, alone in the desert she is taken in hand by the god Thoth-Hermes, who tells her that if she goes with him/them into the Immateria, a plane of existence home to the imagination, she will no longer be just a little girl but a story living eternall

Promethea is a living story.
Tsaritsa is the Queen of fables, who brings stories to life.

"Fables" crossover when?

I would pay to see Moore's first reaction to this. DC giving no fucks.

So, storytime when? Can't help but notice that the folks who so adamantly praise so-called 'must read' works have an odd aversion to educating the ~filthy casual~. It's almost like y'all are full of shit or something.

What is that retarded weapon supposed to be?

Its ok for DC to be bad because Marvel is worse

Does this mean League of Extraordinary Gentlemen can be canon to some Earth?

It's a staff. Caduceus more specifically. You must have seen that thing a million times on medical institutions in your life.

Are they making it their goal to fuck with Alan Moore?

>So, storytime when? Can't help but notice that the folks who so adamantly praise so-called 'must read' works have an odd aversion to educating the ~filthy casual~. It's almost like y'all are full of shit or something.
IMHO this isn't prime moore so I have no desire to storytime it. It covers all the themes Moore always covers but the usual pot shots at religion and society are a little more blatant than usual. Don't get me wrong, it's a good read, it's just not good enough to me to stop me from fapping and going to bed. (I work third shift)

hahahahha @Moore
his "whatever happened to man of tomorrow" is garbage

Fair enough.

What? Wonder woman got some lame looking new power up?
I read comics, I just don't read wonder woman....at all.... ever....

lame bait

>that version that's just naked
Context?

Oh yeah like I'm gonna take 12 hours out of my day to dump a comic that will get no interest and 404 10 minutes after I'm done because it's not the usual capeshit. Well done Sherlock.

If you want to read it then look it up faggot. It's much faster and I don't get paid to "educate" you anyway.

wait I never read it but didn't her series end with her ending the world how is she alive

Is she gonna like.. end the world?

Worlds, realities and universes are getting destroyed in capeshit so often these days it's like not even interesting any longer.

>garbage like Lost Girls or Necronomicon or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
wew lad

>Promethea is a living story.
>Fables crossover when?
That's already been tried in The Unwritten and it was bad.

That's not bait, I'm serious.

urk, caduceus is the symbol of merchants.
the aslepios is the staff of doctors.

>insists that this story is a must-read
>refuses to share it with others
You just lost all right to complain about people not reading this book.

Not that user, but it's 32 long chapters.
Although the book is the typical religious-spiritual occult shit pushing from Moore so it's a huge waste of time.
It really isn't worth reading only the art is great.

You're both right. The caduceus and the rod of Asclepius have been mixed up a lot.

He doesn’t give a shit about superhero comics. He still loves the comics medium you fucking casual

What comic is this from?

There is alternate universe where everyone is a nudist.