Wtf

wtf

eh, lapis does this all the time.

Wait. Why was Lion on Connie's side? Was he mad Steven didn't call on him for help, too?

She's an alien though.

>Connie I have seen a friend die
>But what about howI feel?
>You are right, I should feel terrible for weeks and ignore attempts to cheer me up/get gem lore while you keep Lion, my only way to get back to Lars

We're not gonna talk about the chin mouth?

If you weren't a fucking neckbeard, you would notice you have a mouth on your chin.

I like that her mouth is slipping down her chin. Only the best quality 8 dollars and a Canadian penny can buy for Steven Universe.

I want someone to edit out the mouth
It'd actually look normal like that

The animators don't know what people look like when they talk while turned away, so this is the best way they could think to portray it.

If that's the case then the animators must be blind judging by the show in general.

In a podcast they said Lion was mad at Steven be was acting like suicidal shithead and that he's frustrated that he has to constantly save his lemming ass.

Gotcha covered, broski.
This is why I firmly believe that Connie's involvement with the gems is why Steven Universe is such a bad show. If she stayed as a townie who connected with Steven's human side and didn't constantly control him, she would've been fine.

Lemmings don't actually commit mass suicide. That myth was started when Disney was making a documentary on them and the crew filmed a bunch of lemmings they themselves were chasing towards a cliff.

And assuming they wanted to keep the mouth visible, why the fuck not just do it like this.

I swear, OP's pic looks like they took existing mouth shapes , shrunk and rotated it, and plastered it onto Connie's head like GoAnimate.

Because that breaks stylistically with the show, no one's mouth is ever like that at any angle resembling that.

I swear, for all the bitching you retards do about the drawing in Steven Universe, you don't know SHIT about on-model or style sheets or anything.

Connie is just a kid.

>Because that breaks stylistically with the show, no one's mouth is ever like that at any angle resembling that.
The point is that it SHOULD be the thing they chose is retarded. And it's shocking how easily you're willing to swallow pure shit decisions for "muh style" reasons.

>you are only allowed to draw what i say

>having a mouth animated under a character's chin is an artistic choice!!!!

user, are you baiting or are you genuinely retarded? This level of defensive contrarianism is pathetic.

>Art can be aaaaannnnyttthiiing even things that look like horseshit

Art and design rules exist for a reason. And blah blah "rules are made to be broken" but it's clear half the SU crew is not talented enough to break them yet. It's why Connie's mouth looks like shit but Shin Chan's mouth looks stylishly appealing.

What are you talking about, OP? This is clearly perfect anatomy.

That's because Crayon Shin Chan is supposed to look like it was drawn by a kid talking about his personal life, its irregularly drawn character are indeed an artistic choice.
On the other hand, Steven Universe is trying to have itself taken seriously with a story, even though it constantly half-asses it and prefers to pump out filler townie episodes. It doesn't have the excuse to have such blatant bad animation.

No, you assclown, having a pie slice out of her chin for a mouth from that angle breaks with style guidelines that the show has. It's not "an artistic choice" it's "we kinda fucked ourselves and should not have portrayed her head at this angle in this shot but woops it's done here's a goofy mouth". One mistake does not demand another, so we get the OP instead of the dumbfuck suggestion that I replied to in my prior post.

>defensive contrarianism
I dont even care about this series anymore.

i think it shouldnt even have a mouth, and just show connie talking but not her lips.
You speak about rules yet the comment i was responding to says "who cares about stylish rules its shit draw the mouth how i want".

more drool and some blush

>getting this angsty over a cartoon
What guidelines? Sugar whole schtick is to give her crew creative liberty. Model sheets or not.
Where's the fuck up? It's the way one of the broaders drew her mouth, they prolly didn't see it as a fuck up.

Next you're going to complain about how some anime have the mouths shown in profile view, right?

As the great Miyazaki once said: "otaku in the anime industry need to study the movements of real life people."

You people are desperate for something new to cry about arn't you?

I mean there's also.

1. The show has no scriptwriters.

No really, they only storyboard it.

2. The show prides itself on being off model.

Animation sent to Korea is basically just keyframes with a few shitty model sheets.

It would be unreasonable to expect an outsourced studio to do good work without reference.

This is probably the biggest reason the show doesn't have consistent character size.

3. Hiring is based entirely on "equal opportunity" and nepotism, not meritocracy.

Most of the singing done in the show is done by the animators, and voice actors, not people that can actually sing.

4. The story that exists tries to not be a male power fantasy, in effect, being a very bad male power fantasy.

Steven has shown consistently that he cannot take responsibility for his own actions.

His only role models encourage this, as his father is a loser, and the gems don't do this themselves and infantilize him.

If you want a hero's journey the person needs to grow up.

Steven is incapable of doing this, and shows no character progression.

5. The story will speed up in action, then crash into a pointless episode.

In the beginning these were charming.
When they needed to save earth, but sat on their asses it made no sense.

6. The story needs fleshing out.

I understand suspension of disbelief is needed for most stories.

However, why are the gems protecting earth?

They have no reason to except for a fuzzy concept of Rose's love for Greg.

Usually you would suspend disbelief if it symbolized something.

What on earth would this be an allegory for?
The people working on this show do not have the motivation or experience needed to fulfill their role.

They shouldn't have taken an animator straight from Adventure Time.

Instead, they needed someone who had worked in a studio at least a decade, who had time to season his/her ideas in a way that would create good meaningful work.

It looks better without the mouth

>If you want a hero's journey the person needs to grow up.
The hell? Steven is going to grow up post-Stranded.
>going to lose him gem and learn to live a normal life
>he'll have more dream/memories of Rose and what happened so questions will get answered by the end of season five
>along with much much more

>you don't know SHIT about on-model or style sheets or anything

HA!
Is this about user or the animators?!

B-B-But muh superiur animu....reeee

Real talk that side mouth shit is the most annoying thing in anime. If ever an anime gets the profile shots done right gets an automatic A+ for effort.