What does Sup Forums think of the Electoral College?

What does Sup Forums think of the Electoral College?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478925651404.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

316/538

It's a really smart idea and makes A LOT of sense.

Necessary, otherwise politicians would just campaign in major cities.

You think swing states are bad now?

Imagine only campaigning in Florida, California New York and Illinois. Why should 8% of the states decide what somebody in Kansas should do with their money?

Liberal tears a merely a bonus.

It balances representation with the importance of not having 3 large states basically completely rule the country.

This, however I would have loved to see millions of voters come out of the woodworks for Trump in California.

Should be based on area or everycountry getting the same amount of points.

If based on area:
Area of place X = Y square miles
Points an candidate Z get on place X: (Y * Y) * % of people voted on candidate Z

It's needed in country as large as America with such a varied population density.
The people that work agriculture to feed the country are worth more than any hundred liberal arts majors.

it's cucked. If states want as much representation as other states they need to take it by force.

That's exactly the point of our congressional system. Why is the president chosen in the same way? Shouldn't the person to lead our country be the one that has the entire population's greater approval? Would you be defending this shit system if Trump got jewed by the electoral college?

That 8% of states is 28% of population and 4 of 5 most populous states. Should we be counting states or people? 28% still shouldn't decide for the 100%.

The founding fathers established the Electoral College in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens. ver the past 200 years, over 700 proposals have been introduced in Congress to reform or eliminate the Electoral College. There have been more proposals for Constitutional amendments on changing the Electoral College than on any other subject.

It's archaic and needs to change but good luck with that

so why dont the other states just kill people in the big states instead of relying on big daddy government to coddle them and tell them everyones equal?

Godo way of stopping San Fransisco, LA, and NYC from controlling the whoel country's politics

We are not a country of individuals, we're a country of states. For 130 years the senators from each state were chosen by state governments so that the STATES (Read: Not the people) could have reprsentation in the federal governments. The electoral college is the same train of thought.

I understand that but I feel the president should represent the people's choice while our congressional system should represent our states.

under the electoral college, a small minority of states can still pick the presidents- all it does is make people who live in very close states have a big say, your vote is nearly worthless as someone in north dakota or vermont. In a popular vote, people in both big and small states have a say.

i like it when it works in my favor

The founders didnt feel that way

I don't care. Guns won this election.

the founding fathers were a bunch of libtard marxists who couldn't go one sentence into the constitution without proclaiming that all men are equal. You really think a bhunch of cucks whose wives craved BBC so much they imported niggers by the thousands are role models?

Obsolete today.

As a person who doesn't want LA and Jew York to decide every election, I love it

if you're relying on big daddy government you are a cuck. if you want your state to have equal representation than take it by force, cuck.

Nice bait faggot

Florida Texas and California's needs are much different from Alaska, Iowa and Delaware.

Under a pure 1 person 1 vote, the smaller states would have zero power. It's entirely possible you'd get laws passed that completely fucked over smaller states so that the large states get an extra piece of luxury.

1 person 1 vote is great when everyone is living under the same conditions alongside each other. It quickly turns into tyranny of the majority when that are big differences across regions.

Congress makes laws. Not the president

How so?
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1478925651404.webm

>thinks its bait to hate marxists

back to tumblr, libcuck

it's really strange to me that i thought that the roles would be reversed

trump would have popular vote and hillary electoral vote ftw

i would have been red assed about it, but such is life

that the fortunes have turned out to be opposite is fucking awesome

A fair and working system

It's ok. Not a perfect system, but better than straight up democracy.

The founding fathers knew what they were doing and it serves the indented purpose.
When you realize that it's the UNITED STATES of America and it's a Republic, it makes perfect sense.
I live in a Republic and this makes sense to me.

the electoral system is a cuck system propped up by big daddy government.

follow up q: is the electoral college democratic?

does your mommy know your on her computer?

No

it's there for a reason, liberals are bitching just because it didnt wen't their way, if it did they'd be totally cheering the electoral college.

Semi
But democracy is fucking stupid

pretty good at cucking democrats

love it

does your wifes bull know your posting from the cuck shed, libtard?

Electoral College is best college.

t. Ten year old

Necessary, in a lot of ways.
I'm sure if you took out the illegal vote, Trump won or got close in the popular vote, not to mention the famous Democrat voting fraud.

California really should be split up into 3 or 4 new states though.

you're a cuckold who needs big daddy government to protect you

The president controls the whips. A party isn't going to make its own president a lame duck

Shitty system but I'll tolerate it for this election cycle.

No u

You're fucking stupid if that post was unironic.

Even if it is ironic

>i was just pretending to be retarded guiz

nothing ironic about it. its the truth.

Your thing only applies if the president's party also has a congressional majority. Congress still gives more representation to people in smaller states.