What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing.

Went full autism, dozens of episodes about personal drama of literal background characters instead of the creative adventures the protagonists used to face.

I mean 2 entire episodes starring root beer guy? Fucking seriously?

tumblr

A couple of episodes, clusterfuck writing and they got a lazy. But it's honestly not even bad nowadays, which makes me wonder about this threads, are there contrarians or false flaggers doing this shit? We have this thread everyday.

Nothing really, nothing is perfect everything will struggle at some point if it goes on long enough and hopefully that thing will be able to overcome that, and Adventure Time, for the most part has, the last few seasons have been pretty great and I'll be sad to see it go.

I feel like people who make these threads just want to talk about the show but feel that they have to frame it in an aggressive manner to get people to reply.
It's the inverse "name a flaw" thread starter.

They didn't make my ship canon.

Now I noticed how they dropped the ball about marceline character, she looks nothing like she used to be in the first episodes.

It went from being a show about a kid and his magic dog killing monsters to a poorly written character drama

why must you remind me of my suffering

It stuttered for a while during season 5/6, but it's pretty great again. I think people should try and give it another chance. I never cared about ships, so I would imagine that helped on my end. However that doesn't excuse stuff like Fire and Ice and Orgalorg. Still, I've been enjoying it a lot again for the past two years or so.

>Finn lost his arm and instantly got it back, while he should have instantly got a robotic arm.
>Jake's kids matured super fast so he didn't move in with Lady, which would change the show's dynamics
>at least we got Bronwyn
>Destroyed Marceline's personality
At least the show has improved recently.

Also, if they bring back Adventure Time in 10 years would they retcon from the beginning, erasing all of the progress, or focus on other characters more?

Taken over by political extremists looking to indoctrinate children like all political monsters throughout history.

Fuck off, AT isn't political.

It was never that good to begin with. A product of a weak era.

>if they bring back Adventure Time in 10 years would they retcon from the beginning, erasing all of the progress, or focus on other characters more?
If it were my decision, I'd wipe the slate clean. Start over from Season 2, maybe, gradually incorporating some returning elements with while keeping the dynamic faithful to the name and original characterization.

Finn and Jake remain center focus and no character derailment or shipping bullshit

It was greenlit.

I'd rather it stay dead, even though I know it won't. I have zero faith in CN after the countless re-boots/continuations.

I see no reason it wouldn't be a TTGO style thing where it's entirely gag based and they take whatever parts of the original series they want to play with at the moment.

If they do bring back AT, I hope it's a miniseries or movie for an isolated adventure set sometime after the finale. I wouldn't want a full on reboot or continuation. All good things must come to an end and I'm sick of all these reboots.

That's dumb, I love classic AT too but trying to make that a second time wouldn't be nearly as good. If there was a reboot it should try something more interesting instead of recreating the early show in a subpar way.

Go season 5 Samurai Jack or don't bother.

You've gotta be RRRREEALLY deep into the marxist rabbit hole not to see the obvious signs in AT. Are you perhaps posting from your room at the Berkeley dorms?

also kys.

The characters feel so dull compared to their previous selves. Like, if Pen still had a leash on the writers, Finn would be bustling with more energy instead of seeming dead half the time.

I generally don't like the overarching arcs because they also took too long to pay off for a bland ending.

Marcy ruined

Young PB scrapped, but hoo boy do they like to sprinkle bubbline hints everywhere. If one appears nowadays the other has to be in frame.

Because it still hurts, user. It's a pain that will never go away.

>they did mine
Better luck next time, bucko. Winning isn't for everybody.

>Go season 5 Samurai Jack or don't bother.
>Go 'disregard the point of the entire series and ruin the final season' or don't bother
Why would you want that?

Because trying something new is better than doing the same shit over again, even if you fail horribly like the second half of Sam Jack did.
I already have AT seasons 1-3, I don't need them to do it again in a likely inferior way. I want them to do something different and interesting with the concept/characters. It might be amazing, and even if it's shitty I can laugh at how shit it is.

It was never a very good show. All the repetitive Status Quo is god bullshit got very annoying very fast. Fuck this awful shit show. And the art style sucked. And the show truly sucked even more when they started focusing on independent episodes about characters who no one cares about.

those were good episodes tho

Seven or eight seasons too long.

It feels like they really had no idea what they wanted it to be for awhile

This was the biggest issue for me. When Betty came along and then was thrown away for fuck knows how long, i dropped the show there.

>it's another "let's complain about AT" thread

Don't you guys have anything else to say rather than complaining about AT? Almost every thread about AT is just "why the show went downhill, what went wrong, why this still exists" and so on

Gotta do something to pass the time waiting for new episodes.

This. And fuck CN for making us wait this long.

Reminder that everyone who likes seasons 7-9 is a fucking faggot who deserves to be stabbed and thrown into a lake.

You realize new doesn't mean good, right? And that someone old done well can be just as good as or better than something new
It's the only excuse we have to post AT

And while we have this excuse to post AT

BEEMO IS SO CUTE AND SMART

>everyone who likes seasons 7-9 is a fucking faggot

>says this
>posts tumblr-tier alt universe shit
come on man

So you've made it clear you're a big nerd.

>You realize new doesn't mean good, right?
Clearly because I mentioned the possibility of it being shitty in my post. There's still a chance that it could be good though, and if it's gonna be good I would prefer something newer because why just recycle the same shit, that's boring.
>And that someone old done well can be just as good as or better than something new
You actually think a reboot in early AT style has like even a 1% chance of being as good as early AT was? You're nuts my man. They wouldn't be able to get close so that's why I figure they should go balls to the wall to see if there's anything else they can do.

If you can't do a hero having fun with his magic dog in a fantasy world right, you can't do anything right.
>if it's gonna be good I would prefer something newer because why just recycle the same shit
Because the color yellow is good but we don't change it just because we've seen it before. There are an endless number of things you can do with the color yellow, so continuing to make new things with this color only makes sense, and changing it just for the sake of change is nonsensical.
>You actually think a reboot in early AT style has like even a 1% chance of being as good as early AT was?
If you have a competent crew of writers then sure, anything is possible. It might be slightly less good, might be bad, or it might be better.
There have been cartoons that are better than AT and there will be more cartoons better than AT, maybe one of those will be a reboot (though I don't foresee this show getting rebooted in the first place).

>don’t you guys have anything else to say rather than complaining about AT?
Well not really no.

>don’t you guys have anything else to say other than complaining about AT?
Not really

The color yellow is a fucking color and not the same as a general concept like "Finn the boy and Jake the dog go on hi-jinks that involve wacky characters in a fantasy land" so it's fine that it keeps getting used. Like how yellow has many uses so does this concept, but just as it would be boring to always see the same shade of yellow so would it be boring to see this exact thing again with nothing changed about it.
>If you have a competent crew of writers then sure, anything is possible. It might be slightly less good, might be bad, or it might be better.
But WHY does it need to exist at all if we already have that and it's plenty fine? If they can make more classic AT tier stuff I'd like it sure, but I'm not clamoring for more of that since I already have that. I would find it better for them to do something different. To continue your weird color metaphor, I'd get bored of yellow if everything in my life was that color and the exact same hue.
>There have been cartoons that are better than AT and there will be more cartoons better than AT
And all of those cartoons either were or will be different than AT, so why make another one of it? I don't see why we need two ATs, especially when the first one was really good (to a point). We got lucky once, I don't see the luck holding for another gamble and I don't see much reason that the gamble needs to be a thing at all.

I just want them to do something different if they make another Adventure Time man. Moot point because it probably won't happen like you said, but that's how I feel. AT did a fine job at being what it was early on and if there's a reboot it should forge its own path instead of copying what the old show did.

It stopped being dumb fun about a boy and his dog/best friend.

>it changed to keep from being stale and remain relevant

people hate change

>The color yellow is a fucking color and not the same as a general concept like "Finn the boy and Jake the dog go on hi-jinks that involve wacky characters in a fantasy land"
But there is an entire world and endless possibilities for characters, it's not even limited by real world logic or physics.
>but just as it would be boring to always see the same shade of yellow so would it be boring to see this exact thing again with nothing changed about it.
No one said the exact same thing, no one said to just remake the old episodes, just to use the established concept and style. I think you're misinterpreting what is being said here
>But WHY does it need to exist at all if we already have that and it's plenty fine?
Are you asking why have more of a good thing? Is this a legitimate question?
>I would find it better for them to do something different
There is nothing inherently good about different.
>I'd get bored of yellow if everything in my life was that color and the exact same hue.
No one said anything about the exact same hue, nor everything being yellow, but surely you don't want to remove the color from your life, you have reds, you have blues, and greens, and they're all different, and they're all good, but yellow is good too, so instead of having just red, blue, green, and purple, you keep the yellow, and make more things with all these colors instead of throwing a perfectly good color to the wayside

>And all of those cartoons either were or will be different than AT, so why make another one of it?
Because AT is good and more good is better.
There are different things that are good, but they aren't good because they're different. There are lots of things that are different that are bad, and there are a lot of things that are good that are very much the same as others.
So instead of focusing on making things different the focus should be making things good, and if you can do this with a new idea, fine, but nothing wrong with doing it with an old one.

>Reminder that everyone who likes seasons 7-9 is a fucking faggot who deserves to be stabbed and thrown into a lake.
Why?

Why what? Why would you stab a fag before throwing him into a lake?

It's the autist who writes an angry novel anytime someone praises the three mini-series again. And I know you're the same guy cause you word all your posts the same. Why do you get this worked up over people enjoying things, user? It's just sad.

>Why do you get this worked up over people enjoying things, user?
People who hate AT as a whole are better than the cancer that is lorefags.

Why do they deserve to die for liking seasons 7-9?

I'm referring to the autist who spergs out anytime people praise the mini-series' and beyond, not lore-fags. But I can't say you're wrong.

Promoting the creation of terrible media hurts us all.

Fair enough.

Yeah I guess you're not wrong about anything you're saying.
The way I seem to be coming from is arguing that I think it's unlikely that anyone making a reboot would be able to recreate something like that when even the team who originally made it can't do that, but you're going off the assumption of it being good. If it is good I would like it sure.
Realistically though I see a new team having a better chance at success if they do their own thing with it so that's why I'm leaning in that direction.

7-9 are exponentially better than 5-6.

>this is what nuATfags actually believe

Everything past season 4 is nuAT, it's arguing between different flavors of shit.

I watched the show when it premiered and was a fan of the idea since the Nickelodeon version, so no.

I like how you dodge the fact that even if that were true, which is isn't that still doesn't make it good.
I wasn't the one who made the argument in the first place, also season 5, by magnitudes, had a far greater percentage of good episodes than any of the seasons after. It had a dip in quality sure but it's not bad enough to be considered nuAT.

SJWs.

No seriously.Look at the show before fucks like sugar started fucking with the characters.

Fin was just a kid having fun going on adventures.Jake was a pal,dependable,kinda lazy but fun to be around.PB?She actually liked Fin.

Now?Fin is a legit creep.Hes become whiny,useless, and no longer the protagonist of the show.Jake?Just an out right lazy POS.PB went back to being a turbo carpet eater and chalks it up to him being to young or not dumb.

Post season rankings if you want
3>2=8>1>4>7>6=5.1>5.2>9

or not smart enough*

This was never Rebecca's doing though, she never portrayed Finn that way, and by the time that began she'd left the show. I suppose you can blame her for incendium and hot to the touch, but those episodes were intended to be Finn moving on from hang ups and that mostly got soured by other writers.

I think it's more reasonable to blame the fact that people like Larry Leichliter, Pat McHale, and Pen Ward all ceased or limited their involvement with the creation of the show. As well as many new boarders and directors like Andres Salaff , Aleks Sennwald, Polly Guo, Kris Mukai etc.,

2=3>1>4>>>>> 6 >>>>(...)>>>>>> paint drying>7> nails scraping against a chalkboard for 220 minutes>8 > 9

Why do you put 8 so far below 7? If you think all of it is garbage I'd figure 8 would at least be more entertaining and quickly paced garbage since it's mostly two miniseries full of stuff happening.

Beyond the Grotto is literally the only good episode in season 8.

What a random choice, and even then that's in season 7 (going by the original order which I'm assuming you're using since you didn't included a season 10 in your rankings).
How come ya like that episode but no others man?

>Reminder that everyone who likes seasons 7-9 is a fucking faggot who deserves to be stabbed and thrown into a lake.

At least it's better than fucking Steven Universe, dipshit

This

Steven Universe is shit, what's your point?

Coming from a faggot who still genuinely loves AT I don't get what you guys are trying to do with these posts, that's pretty much still saying the show's shit. Might as well not bother if that's your best defense for it

Too much filler.

it got stale changing this is a fact