MCU Conan Film

Now that Marvel has the comic book license for Conan The Barbarian back and Universal has dropped their Conan project, how would you feel about an MCU Conan The Barbarian film?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2017/04/06/fate-of-the-furious-screenwriter-dom-betrayal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought they were doing a Conan movie with Jason Mamoa?

lmao, so I just googled this and it came out in 20 fucking 11... idk why but I thought this hadn't come out yet LOL

>and Universal has dropped their Conan project
Wait, so king conans cancelled? I highly doubt that

I just checked, and yes it has been cancelled.

They should do it as a Marvel branded movie but not tie it into the MCU at all. Just have it be like Blade or the X-Men movies. Even have Marvel Films produce it, but don't tie it in at all, just add some shit about Serpent Lords or something and have it be the setup for an Atlantis Attack Avengers movie 10 years from now

It was cancelled last year.
ew.com/movies/2017/04/06/fate-of-the-furious-screenwriter-dom-betrayal/

>Have there been any updates on The Legend of Conan, the sequel to the original 1982 Conan the Barbarian? I know you were working on that at one point.
>Not so much. That’s kind of a longer story. At the end of the day, the studio decided that they weren’t gonna make that. I gotta say, it’s honestly a heartbreak. I love that first movie so much, so much, it’s one of my favorite movies. We had Will Beall do a draft on [the Legend of Conan script]. He killed it. Our take was Conan, 30 years later, a story like the Clint Eastwood Unforgiven. It was so awesome. Ultimately, the budget was big, the studio was not really sure of the title, and the relevance in the marketplace. They ended up letting it go. I think they’re gonna look to do a TV show or something with it. But just to be associated with it, pitch it to Arnold, have him get so excited, there was a moment of magic for me, personally [laughs]. You never know, down the road we may revisit!

FUCK UNIVERSAL! I was so hyped for years after seeing that teaser with an older arnold, and they think it wont sell but shit like tom cruises mummy will? I fucking hate modern hollywood, fuck this makes me pissed

On the plus side, if Marvel can grab his film rights they should be able to bring him back into the spotlight with the casuals which might lead to the cancelled script being released.

>Conan
>fucking thor and wolverine in the back ground

mc fucking why?

They're references to some of the Marvel What If? stories they've had to skip in collections. Now they can reprint them.

Volume 1 #39 had Thor vs Conan The Barbarian
Volume 2 #16 had Wolverine vs Conan The Barbarian

So this is basically a deathblow to Dark horse after losing ST and potentially all the Aliens/predators stuff you think they try and publish one last book as a farewell or something? Get their best writers to write one last DH Conan story

I doubt DH can publish anything else with Conan as a farewell. Marvel already started using Conan in their 2018 calendar so the rights to the character seem to have already changed hands.

Unless Disney buys out Dark Horse to have them publish all the Fox stuff.

>Unless Disney buys out Dark Horse to have them publish all the Fox stuff.

I want this to happen just so the comedic version of The Mask can join the MCU. Still played by Jim Carrey.

I don't think casuals will be able to comprehend an R-rated team-up between Deadpool and The Mask.

Really cause I know thee still publishing the omnibuses but I hope they can churn out a few more

>got back Spidey
>got back X-men
>got back Conan
how much do you think they are sweating

>MCU Conan The Barbarian
they have Ka-Zar and Savage Land, they don't need Conan

it's like you've never read the Spiderman x Red Sonja teamup

Bad. Really, really, bad.

In recent years Marvel/Disney have proven they can make good movies. However those are either classic disney stories, or superhero stories, that is just one step away from the family Disney towards a slightly more serious tone.

With Star Wars (now let's put Sup Forums theories aside, and the pushing of agendas) we have seen that that is the only thing they can do.
The Conan universe is a harsh place, where heroics get you killed, the weak get's eaten, barbarians are savage motherfuckers, slavery is commonplace, monsters are worthy of their name, and sorcerers mostly can only be shanked from the back.
If it's filled with slapstick humor, the harsh universe and violence are toned down, if the plot devolves into monsterfighting action, if skin is censored, then Conan is gone.

They also got back Fu Manchu in 2015 (which led to the reprints of Master Of Kung Fu). Could also count them getting Angela and Miracleman in 2013, but they weren't originally Marvel.

I'd say next they'll go for Red Sonja. Dynamite has had her since 2005 so that license should be up soon. If Conan ends up being a success at Marvel then I could see them trying to jump ship with the license.

Marvel should focus on gettin ROM and the Micronauts back

They could totally do a Conan film series. Find a good young guy for it, and then could do a film every 2-3 years in semi chronological order for... 30 years?

It could work well and already has a lot of the diversity Hollywood likes built in to it. First movie would basically be "young Conan" up north, then each has a random star or two to guest star as an "ally" and/or a "villain" each movie like they do with MCU movies.

You'd just need to have a good Conan and probably a good producer to tie them together well.

Rom was licensed back in 2015 by IDW so they probably have a while until that expires and Marvel can get them back.

It would be great to finally have the Marvel Rom series collected though.

>Marvel took Star Wars AND Conan from Dark Horse
Damn it, I LIKE Dark Horse...