Could he pull off a good Joker?

Could he pull off a good Joker?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/49333930
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

I want Idris Elba

Idris Elba for joker

Memes aside, I think he'd play a decent Batman.

Morgan Freeman as Alfred

>I almost killed him last night, alfred
>inches away from death
>somebody stop me

He already tried twenty-three years ago.

dudes like 60 now
and he was already The Riddler
so no

Young Jim Carrey? Nah
Old Crazy Jim Carrey? Fuck yeah he could.

That really bugged me, why cast him as Riddler? He would've done better as Joker

He COULD have, if the movies tone was right

WHY THE NIPPLES??

Carrey? Maybe. Willem Dafoe? Now I can fucking see that.

Hugh Jackman as Batman.
John Cleese as Alfred.
Eddie Murphy as the Joker.
Nicholas Cage as Commissioner Gordon.

Could he pull off a good Riddler?

I can't really see Eddie Murphy as a Joker, the most fucked up character I remember him doing was that black vampire, and wasn't even that fucked up.

KeK

>Nicholas Cage as Commissioner Gordon
I'd actually pay to see that.

As much as I dislike blackwashing

I agree

That man can do a good Bruce

Guess they thought he would do what Frank Gorshin did to the Riddler. Which was, again, more like the Joker.

I hear it in my head and I want to stab him

>it'll never happen

>Bazinga, Dark Knight!

I think we've had so many superhero movies recently, that relatively soon, people will just stop making them for a while.

>riddle me this dark night, or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.
>my parents are dead!

God damn it.

Yes

imagine the backlash from him saying Massah Bruce

Could work as Norman Osborn?

Honestly that's all I want in life right now. Fuck

He could desu, it would be good for him too to break away from his Big bang theory typecasting

it'd be too hard to see him in the role after getting used to him as Lucius Fox

Ryan Gosling should play Joker. He should give the same kind of performance he did in Blade Runner.

>BATMAN
>BATMAN
>BATMAN
>BATMAN

>talentless hack
i say no

This was over 20 years ago, and he has had a major mental breakdown since then.

Didn't look at the filename and was halfway through the thread, becoming more and more confused, before I realized that wasn't Willem Dafoe.

>>talentless hack
how?

What caused it? His lack of relevance in Hollywood?

His character in BBT was a little too close to home for some people... dont worry about them

I think it was working on that Kickass movie, kinda broke his brain.

Carry didn't take off until the early 90's
The first batman was 89, no one new Jim Carry, except In Living Color fans who knew him as James Carry

Was it that bad?

Couldnt honestly tell you, after reading Kickass2 I was not interested in watching it. But he did the movie and then immediately began calling down violence in movies. Kinda odd.

Blast some makeup on this guy and he could definitely make a good joker, too bad he’s already been casted in the aqua man movie

Joker was dead, and 60's Riddler was basically another Joker anyway, so they went that route.

Maybe if he played it like his character from the Cable Guy.

The problem with Willem Dafoe is he could play about 50% of all comic villains ever conceived, and be the best possible choice for all of them.
He can't be Sinestro, Green Goblin, The Joker, Black Flame, DIO, Nyarlathotep, Zemo, the Corinthian, and Willy Pete. There isn't enough time and the rest of SAG would complain about him monopolizing all the lucrative and popular comic book movies.
He's also a genuinely good actor with a stunning range and this trash is a waste of his skills.

Maybe?

Someone once recommended Vincent Cassel and i thought it was a pretty good idea. Imagine pic related with an abnormally huge smile.

You know, it may be autistic but I didn't exactly like his Green Goblin just because he has a high pitched voice, I always imagined Norman having like a deep bassy voice with a haughty inflection

It'll be even better now that he's old.

look at the picture you posted. the bastard doesnt really need makeup.

I feel like he'd be a better toyman.

The weird part is, in that short scene where he meets Bruce at the party and he's wearing glasses and the joke is that he copied Bruce's look, he actually does look like Eddie; even acts like him too insofar as smugness. I think he could have been okay if the movie and character had a major rewrite.

No. He can't act. He can only overact.

Also he's a STI-riddled devious cunt.

>William Dafoe as DIO
Holy fuck. Either him or President Valentine, I’d pay good money for that.

He could've been a great Riddler if that movie had a director willing to tug on his leash.

>tfw he'll never play Luthor

I just honestly hope they have the good sense to bring him back as Norman Osbourne. It'd be a big mindfuck for the average moviegoer, but it would be cool.

Pic related would be GOAT riddler

I can see him playing a decent Arkham City ill Joker.

It would likely be too hard to see him as not just Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey
The only movie where his performance really immersed me was Kick Ass 2

For me it was The Truman Show.

I honestly don't think Jim Carrey be doing much more acting. He seems really happy just painting and sculpting, and socializing now, and he apparently had a horrible time working on his last flick.
Even if my presumption is wrong, I don't see him handling the Joker well. Successful Jokers tend to have a snapped-glass edge to their mannerisms and Jim just doesn't bring that sort of menace to his performances.
I'd want to pick a stand-up comic. Someone younger, with a bitter sort of delivery but a lot of confidence. However, most of the people who come to mind are dead.

>tfw Carrey can actually shine when he does more serious roles
>the fucker was a fan of comedy and decided to waste his talent and range on dumb fart-tier humor roles
>now he's old and too busy making people wonder if he's crazy for real or faking it for laughs
I hate him.

Old Jim could really pull off the manic desperation of the Joker a la The Killing Joke, where he enjoys what he does but also feels that there's no alternative.

it could work

>now he's old and too busy making people wonder if he's crazy for real or faking it for laughs
He just keeps to himself and paints to pass the time. Imagine the Class Clown grew up into a quiet, reserved, sobered older gentleman. It's a weird transformation, yes, but he's not unhealthy. He's just quiet.

Eh. Good dramatic actors are everywhere. How many good comedic actors are there working at any given moment?

>break away from his Big bang theory typecasting
By playing another autistic genius asshole?

Because everyone always assumed Riddler was just green costume Joker.

Sure, relative to recent efforts.

You should look at Bo Burnham

Watch him on Norm Macdonald Live, definitely crazy but still alot of energy and humour in there

Yes he would
but last time I remember he felt like shit playing that vigilanti character on kick-ass 2, and he's seems to be sort of paranoid after attempts at trying to expose Illuminati on tv

Yes but only if he plays it seriously. Him full on dramatic.

No.

But now that he's gotten older and less wacky he could do Riddler again

Would you have liked to see play Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face?

Yes, but make his origin story be Truman Show and he went insane and started "performing" as a serial killer clown because he never knows for sure if he's escaped the TV show for real or if he's just inside another layer of TV show.
>Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Why does he keep taking such shitty roles/ jobs?
Beyond Two Souls, the Death Note "adaptation", now Aquaman. Is he allergic quality or something?

Stop watching capeshit.

hells yes

Prime Jim Carrey definitely could of pulled off Joker. Hell, he could of also played a god tier Carnage. Why they didn’t pull the trigger on that role still mystifies me to this day.

I personally would love to see David Tenant as the Riddler. He's expressed interest.

>I did Kick-Ass a month before Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to others involved with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.

I would like to see fewer big name celebrities jumping on the bandwagon for a big paycheck. Seriously get more unknown/lesser known in these roles.

COULD HAVE, YOU SIMPLETON

he could had been the perfect plastic man but he is too old now.

Yeah I could see him being a good cassidy, would he do a villian role like that after the cable guy though?

If this was an 80s parody of Batman, I'd cry money.

I believe he would since the money would of been huge. Especially for a character like Carnage.

Didn't he bitch about how there were guns in Kickass 2?
That Playboy bunny scrambled his brains, he could have been an amazing Joker back in his prime (given the proper direction, of course).

Honestly, he wouldn't be bad.
The only problem is it'd be really hard to not see Sheldon, that lies entirely on him.

and who will be the black Batman?

>He was the Joker 20 years ago.

comedy is harder than drama. Hell, comedy is purely related to talent, you cannot train a comedian. That's the reason why so many stand up "comedians" are just plain shit.

Yeah, I am seeing you Rogan

Do yourself a favor and go watch Sheitan. It's a weird ass black comedy/horror movie but it's very entertaining

The Mask >>>>>>> The Joker

not self-aware enough

I'd love it if it was just Dennis, not even the actor, just Dennis

>He's also a genuinely good actor with a stunning range
He's a natural all right
vimeo.com/49333930