ITT: Tropes that are gone forever

>Newspapers wars.
>Each one bashing the other by shitting on their staff.

I know it can be easily updated to a blog war, but it’s just not the same feeling

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTavlKiH5hQ&ab_channel=RobbieShaw
youtu.be/hV-Uc40RaG8?t=50
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Stadium_(Allen,_Texas)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>TV being the main source of hedonism and laziness

>increasingly heavy objects falling on people

When was the last time there was a food fight?

>boss is coming for dinner

>I've found an oil well! I'm rich!

Gumball did this in an earlier season

>pianos falling out of nowhere

Shit, really? I thought that trope was dead for good.

or anvils

Little boy loses his clothes and everyone laughs at his naked butt.

Is physical bullying still a thing?

Any episode of an old tv show that requires two people driving to a place and one of them getting lost. Cracked did an article about old tv plots that aren't possible now and they were talking about the bubble boy episode of Seinfeld and how the plot is kicked off by George driving too fast and Jerry losing him. Now a days they would have GPS in their car and not need to follow each other. Also they would both have cell phones so they would just call each other to slow down. And then there's the "Moops" part of the episode where any sort of trivia question would be solved by one of them going on Google to check the right answer.

Only that one episode of gumball as a joke.
These days it’s highlighted to be a deal that people care about

>Beffy male loses his clothes and remains naked the major part of the episode.
Fuck, that made me gay and established my ENM fetish

Are pep rallies still a thing?

>And then there's the "Moops" part of the episode where any sort of trivia question would be solved by one of them going on Google to check the right answer.
Everybody KNEW the right answer, George was just being a dick. That's his entire character.

>Girls are bigger perverts than boys
>Incompetent Bank Robber steals the free promo item available at the Bank
>Wife cheating with the milkman
>30 minutes or Free Pizza
>Nigerian princes
>Unlock 90% of your brain
>Black Guy dies first
>Slow motion dodging
>Counting sheep
>Edgy 90’s comic parodies
>Any plot that can be resolved with a cell phone

>teenager wants her one telephone line
why not ?, i assume safe are more weird now, but why pianos

"and prom is tomorrow"

I think my brother went to one about 3-4 years ago but people refer to them as different things every now and then, but he called it one.

>>Girls are bigger perverts than boys
Whenever this happens it's seen as cute unless they go the extra mile to hold the guy at gunpoint and ask him to take off his clothes effectively becoming a villain.

Write an example of a time where a guy did it in a series where he was just being a teen but was seen as a creep, and then change it from a guy to a girl and it's pretty much completely different

Prank calls, probably.
Yes.

Pep rallies are so fucking lame

>Whenever this happens it's seen as cute

THIS.

>Downloading music online is LITERALLY the same as armed robbery

South Park did a great take on this.

It's sad, but in our current climate:

>A flirtatious guy being portrayed as anything but a scumbag

Now the only places where you can find anvils are the movie theaters

>our current climate:
._. *sigh* .......just.. *groan* .. go to

>._.
>*sigh*
>*groan*
>Sup Forums

this is a post perfectly engineered to trigger people

the internet isnt a source of hedonism and laziness, its a place for cowardly people to try to inflate their own egos

It can be both, you know.

milkmen in general

Girls having cooties in kids cartoons.

DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A GRANDMA, OR A 7 YEAR OLD GIRL, THEY'LL TREAT YOU LIKE EVIL, HARD-BITTEN CRIMINAL SCUM YOU AAAAAAAARRRREEE

By that same token, the idea of wanting to be Prom King/Queen

Yep. People just pretend to care about it now. Oh, Gumball got his ass kicked brah!

Yes, but no one, not even the cheerleaders care about them.
t. graduated high school 3 years ago

Wanting to be "one of the popular kids" is always going to be a thing but when was the last "queen bee is on the cheerleading club"?

Sonic Boom did a 30 Seconds or less episode

Yeah but literally everybody I know hates them

Yes

The black guy dying first happened in First Class, and I was mad as fuck because he had the coolest power out of everyone in that fucking movie and died for literally no reason

If they’re cute, they’re a thot.
If they’re ugly, it’s hilarious/endearing.

Yes, and nobody likes them

Why wouldn't they?

Star Vs did that in its first season, but then the show creator pissed off the VA so the character was written off by the next season.

minutes or Free Pizza

Teen Titans Go did this

>Pay phones (especially phone booths)
>Burma Shave signs
>Passing out cigars in a maternity ward
>Typewriter return carriage sound when you finish a row of corn on a cob
>Sickly or undesirable character classified as 4-F
>A Cards
>"Put out those lights!"

Almost made me reply too, that devious bastard.

>for an unforgettable luncheon*

Wait what? What's the story with the VA?

The character and the VA were both Asian, and rumor has it that Nefcy made fun of her ethnicity or something, which caused the actress to leave the show in protest.

lol this is complete bullshit. The character was always more of a minor background one, and WASN'T written off, she had some lines in S2. She was written off in S3, but then again so were tons of other characters, since the series changed settings

I miss all the evil milkmen, like Pat Mustard, or Charles Croooooooshtoothst, or The Milkman from Psychonauts

Even if that’s true, that doesn’t mean they had to write off the character. They could’ve just gotten a new VA.

Countless plots can't be done in a modern setting because they could easily be solved by using a cell phone.

You forgot to mention the lack of the ENTER key

Teen Titans GO did it

>she had some lines in S2
She had about only two, and those were from S1 footage.

>incompetent women

>blackface housemaid

>The character and the VA were both Asian, and rumor has it that Nefcy made fun of her ethnicity or something
That was 100% made up as a joke from Sup Forums holy shit, how are you people so gullible

>t. People who's high school team never won state championships or have had undefeated seasons.

Pep rallies literally lead our team to state championships, and the crowd spirit was so intense that we've been called for distracting the other team with our loud and intense clamor.

I graduated 2012 and my school had one every year before Thanksgiving. I do not know what everyone is talking about by lame. It was never a mandatory thing but the gym was packed for it.

>Football captain and coaches give a quick speach
>Cheerleaders do a routine
>Powder Puff boys do their routine (everyone looked forward to this)
>Principal ends it off

Then the football girls play football later that day, then the actual football game for the guys was on Thanksgiving.

>P-powder puff boys.
*sweats*

We we're a very strictly Christian conservative school at the time, so never got the chance to have those. The homosexuals and other non regulars were in marching band. I was in marching band.

What was your school's view on Powder Puff boys? Were they respected and loved, or were they are laughing stock? If you tell me the latter, then you are a pretty terrible person.

>If they’re cute, they’re a thot.
Not really, if it's a female lusting after a guy it's always seen in a better light than a guy doing it to a girl unless, again, they go overboard, but even then sometimes it's seen as "aw, she just wanted a guy.."

minutes or Free Pizza
Gumball
>>Nigerian princes
Family Guy
>>Unlock 90% of your brain
Regular Show maybe
>>Slow motion dodging
Regular Show again
>>Counting sheep
I saw this a few days ago but I can't remember what the show was but it was made this decade
>>Edgy 90’s comic parodies
Gumball

what haven't they done at this point.

anvils were just a joke to begin with, people weren't ever really hoisting blacksmith equipment into their apartments.

Shut down CN

>humour thats clever and witty.
You know it be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=sTavlKiH5hQ&ab_channel=RobbieShaw

Am I on any common social media service?
I thought I was shitposting on the site known for "HACKERS ON STEROIDS!!"

Made a original and good episode.

What, they did it twice? youtu.be/hV-Uc40RaG8?t=50

Meant for

They did that too

ha, you replied to me twice

Yeah. I skipped it during my last year of high school, cause fuck that noise.

>That episode where everyone goes inside their best friend

TTG did it

I did that once.
Just my fingers/tongue though
I'm still a virgin ;_;
God I miss her ;_;

I'm straight and it gave me my ENM fetish.

>Fast Food industry is unsanitary and ran questionably
Robot controlled burger joints tropes may replace them

Yup. Still a thing. And everyone still hates them

>Unraveling a giant map while driving
>Said map flying out of the window

To be fair, I wouldn't rely on GPS.

I miss Burma Shave
t. Allen High School
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Stadium_(Allen,_Texas)

Is it supposed to turn out to be a sewage pipe or something?

Why didn't he just adapt to being white?

Just update it to swatting and it's pretty much the same concept.

I graduated like seven years ago and pep rallies were still a thing back then and most of the popular kids loved them.

This one I feel like is actually sort of true, in that a lot of guys are super beta and expect courting to be 'romantic' and whatnot like in the movies, so you see a lot of guys try to be a girl's friend first, try to be the nice guy, like a girl for her personality, etc., when a lot of women actually have sex in their minds, they just aren't upfront about it.

>Black Guy dies first
This still happens from time to time.

>using a porous stone to eat out of
Gotta be crawling with disease no matter how much the robots wash it.

(you)

It's certainly been true with the last few girls I've been involved with, holy shit.

Normal girls are bigger perverts than normal guys going off the conversations my female coworkers have.
Also, just because a girl is perverted doesn't mean she's a slut. I feel like a lot of people here feel like the two go hand in hand.

Maybe you're just a prude. The anus is the new vagina, get over it and give it a good lick, grandpa.

I didn't say it wasn't delicious, I just was surprised is all