I'm looking for great stop motion films. Pic related

I'm looking for great stop motion films. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/coraline mike tyson/
youtube.com/watch?v=OmNymPocKro
youtube.com/watch?v=vrrU3is7qvU
youtube.com/watch?v=KNM_F_Vd0WU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kubo and the Two Strings is great, by the same people.

The plot, unfortunately, runs closer to "average" than "great" and there are some questionable storypoints and dialogue, but if you're looking for beautiful stop-motion I don't think you'll find an equal, and the music is good.

I'd also recommend Mary and Max. Not something to watch if you want to be dazzled by beautiful animation, truthfully (though you might find it "stylishly ugly"), but the story is quite good and you might shed a tear or two even.

Forgot pic

Reminder that the Coraline and Mike Tyson audio is lost forever

On my list after I finish watching Fantastic Mr Fox

What

What's the benefit of stop motion over cgi?

That's definitely a must-see too, ashamed I forgot about it

Style

Magic

Once upon a time Sup Forums, 2009 there was this audio of Coraline and Mike Tyson doing things but it has been lost forever.
Someone uploaded it under the name of Coraline 2 on youtube half a decade ago but it got deleted, no one saved it.

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/coraline mike tyson/

There's even R34 of this shit.

Was it a mash up?

Chicken Run, it's great.

it's fucking beautiful

It's more limited than CGI and looks weird because it has no blur

>It's more limited than CGI
well no shit

Which makes it worse.

>painstaking, skillfully crafted, personal animation is worse than slick smooth soulless digital animation

alright

Why should we care how hard it is to make something if it looks worse?

it doesn't look worse, you just don't like how it looks. i don't like how a lot of cgi looks. it's personal taste.

It looks jerky and weird and it limits the potential for the filmmaker.

>it limits the potential for the filmmaker
how?

There are a lot of things you can't do. You can't do anything on a grand scale.

i dunno what to say to be honest. if you're in film making, don't use claymation i guess.

Stop motion isn't all claymation.

cheaper

My ass

Any Aardman stuff is brilliant. Creature Comforts series (Also on youtube), Pirates, the new one, all brilliant.

I've not thought about creature comforts in years. It's still good.

youtube.com/watch?v=OmNymPocKro

The ending kinda makes me mad tough but up to that point its a great film

I've not seen these before and now I'm watching them all. They're fucking hilarious and I don't know why.

I can't even begin to imagine how much of a headache it must be to make a stop motion film.

If you look better to all the potential stop motion has you wouldn't believe that.

>It's more limited than CGI
No.
>looks weird because it has no blur
You're one of those shitters that has blur effects maxed on games, huh?

No motion blur equals uncanny valley

Is Mary and Max good?

Wot?

Pretty much all the output by that company (not just Kubo) is good.

I'd recommend pic related, even though people think Anderson is very 'twee' this is legit excellent.

It's depressing

Kubo's plot is utter garbage, but it looks incredible. One of the prettiest movies I've ever seen for sure

That makes me completely uninterested in seeing it. I realise it probably looks incredible but a bad plot kills my interest.

Coraline is probably the best but all the stop motion movies by Laika are good. I'd say it. goes like this. Coraline>Paranorman>Kubo>Boxtrolls. There is of course also The Nightmare Before Christmas and the Wallace and Gromit movies.

Was that movie supposed to be so creepy?

Paranorman isn't shit? I thought that was an Adam Sandler cash in.

Paranorman was good. Halloweenie I liked, though i'm a sucker for any kind of dog movie

I'd hate to work in stop motion. You could spend so long making the materials and sets and animating them, but if the plot isn't good you're doomed from the start.

"Utter garbage" is putting it harshly I think. It's in no way a bad movie, far from it. Aside from using a somewhat generic adventure framework it's perfectly fine.

Anomalisa is a beautiful film, highly recommend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vrrU3is7qvU

Tell that to the fucking Gumby guy who keeps making stop motion thomas the tank engine and friends videos for the past like 10 years. It's creepy as fuck and they're all an hour long

youtube.com/watch?v=KNM_F_Vd0WU

He's nuts

Yup. The Gaiman original is that, very much so