Post black superhero things that predate Black Panther

Ok, you start.

Probably the blackest leading man in hollywood

Still waiting on someone to start

You all disappoint me.

Black Panther was around long before any of these other characters were created.

You mean movies? Because this isn't Sup Forums

Has anybody seen any articles indicating Black Panther is the first black superhero movie? I remember seeing a couple when Wonder Woman came out that indicated there had never been a female superhero movie before.

but it is capeshit

Of course. I believe even Dobson has stated that "white men need to deal with the new status quo that minority characters are going to be the new leads in comic book movies", but literally no one cares. The movie that kicked off comic movies becoming a thing was Blade or Men in Black, depending on who you ask, which both starred a black lead. Black Panther will have critics praising and giving accolade after accolade for a movie that'll most likely be just a bit better than the rest of Marvel's shit.

But are you asking for stuff predating the movie, or the character itself?

I'm not OP
I was just saying it was superhero/comic book related and Sup Forums usually spergs out and says it belongs on Sup Forums

Funny, because Sup Forums says the exact opposite half the time

does spawn count?

Funny how Black Panther is a rip off of a Character in that book. It's also convenient how printing paper suddenly became unavailable for issue #2.

The Static Shock cartoon if we're going with stuff before the movie.

Really? I don’t remember that character. Must’ve been one of the one page stories. I remember the detective story though, he was cool

>1977
Nope

panthers are apex predators, nothing predates them

damn, the little angel dude is smashing the mermaid pussy

>panthers are apex predators

>The movie that kicked off comic movies becoming a thing was Blade or Men in Black, depending on who you ask, which both starred a black lead.
Man, the late 90s gave us Rush Hour, a three-film action franchise centered around a black man and a Chinese man. It was a different time.

How about the greatest black super-hero: Dolemite.

Surprisingly enough that comic really wasn't all that racist or offensive. Like, the detective story was literally just a normal noir story with just a black guy instead of a caricature.

It certainly was a better time, since not only did we get tons of movies like that but also no one made a big deal out of them.

Well it was made by a black man.

Lion man was a great character, I wish DC had bought his rights to keep him alive

What if Red Lion ends up being a descendant of Lion Man