Why didn't Janet van Dyne just punch his crazy ass in the balls...

Why didn't Janet van Dyne just punch his crazy ass in the balls? The worst part about this story is the way she just gets hit and flops over and sobs like a helpless idiot. I mean, she's a superhero! She shouldn't let one slap debilitate her like that! At least get up and stab him a few times or something. The worst part of it actually isn't that he hit her, but that the writers of the era thought of women as defenseless weaklings and depicted Janet as such.

I can't tell if this is bait or a tumblr retard who doesn't read comics. Either way, fuck off phoneposter

Man, this is one weird The Room adaptation.

She's not being mugged, idiot. She's being struck by the man who is supposed to love her til death do them part. It's the emotional significance of the act more than any physical trauma.

>everyone refuses to let the slap thing go, and Hank is constantly demonized for being a wife beater
>but everyone also hates Janet... for some reason
Can y'all motherfuckers pick one? Or maybe even just stop being retarded about these characters.

Ant-Man and The Wasp aren't even allowed to be the stars of their own movie because of this instance of cultural autism. Goddamn.

Writers hate Jan more than fans do. You know why? Because they don't know what to do with her, and Hank is a package deal that they have to deal with. And its not cultural autism that prevented Hank and Jan from being in that movie together, it was Edgar Wright being a cunt and dragging his feet

>they don't know what to do with her
I hate this excuse. It's the same whoreshit going on with Wonder Woman and Carol Ferris. And the solution is the same for all three.

They have jobs. Janet is a fashion designer, so have a bitch run her goddamn business. Not every capeshit character has to be fighting super villains all the time, so just have Janet's stories revolve around the straight up fact that she's a super-scientist who makes clothes for a living. Don't know what to do with her... comic book writers are idiots.

This.
She could be Marvel's analogue to this.

I actually wouldn't mind this for Janet.

>Ant-Man and The Wasp aren't even allowed to be the stars of their own movie because of this instance of cultural autism

No, they weren't allowed to be the stars because Edgar Wright wanted to do a story about Scott and in his story Hank was an old guy. When he left they just went with that.

No one gives a shit of spousal abuse in the funny books except comic readers.

Doesn't Gail Simone hate her?

Only problem is that comic book artist aren't good designers, I think only Wada knows about fashion design (which is why he only does comic covers).

>Marvel's analogue
They don't need an analog, they're both D*sney.

Heh, him slapping her is treated seriously but her beating the shit out of him is treated as comical.

Such a tonal shift.

A lot of fashion designers make a living off odd looking shit no one but a 6' anorexic looks good in.
Edna made functional, bright costumes (with no capes), she didn't make the most awesome looking costumes ever.

It's a satire comic.
And factually, she just got back from cheating on her unhappy marriage with Megaton Man.

Worst part was it wasn't supposed to happen at all. Apparently he was supposed to be waving his hands in frustration and she's dodging them. I don't have the article this was revealed in right now but I'll post it later as soon as I find it.

Actually, YES! That would be awesome. Janet coukd be the one who provides heroes with their costumes, provides repair and replacement, upgrades and built in gadgets, etc.

Why the fuck hasn't this been her role from the beginning? Oh right, because comic writers are idiots.

>it is bullshit i did not hit her, i did naught, oh hai stark.

>People get hung up over Hank hitting Janet while he was having a mental breakdown
>Don't mention the killer robot he built to endanger the Avengers while having a mental breakdown
>Don't mention the killer robot he built while not having a mental breakdown

>Why the fuck hasn't this been her role from the beginning?
Because Janet doesn't want a backstage role? Her entire character was that she wants to be a superhero and fight bad guys. That's why she asked to be turned into the Wasp. That's why she kept pressuring Hank into becoming an Avenger.

>Janet is an attention seeker/wants to be proactive
And equipping her fellow heroes with fabulous outfits that help them in the fight and have her name and label all over them is counter to that... how? And nobody said she couldn't be on in the field as well, it's just that giving her more of a focus on her business would be a clear direction for her.

Why not have her use the equipment she makes and markets herself to 'prove' it works?

It's riduclous although in the comcis the other characters never let him forget all of the shit that he has done, Ultron, Janet, and I bet they won't let the crap he's doing as Pymtron go even if he wasn't in control.

Meanwhile Tony is mostly a dindu or everyone is angry at him for 5 minutes then forgets everything.

What nobody mentions is Janet took advantage of a man she knew was mentally ill just because he was willing to marry her, she even akcnowledges that he's not well.

Do you still keep Hank if she's a scientist in her own right and can prove herself without packaging herself in with him?

Well, there's pic related and I think she tries the same thing with Carol at some point

>What nobody mentions is Janet took advantage of a man she knew was mentally ill
Nobody except... Janet herself!