Tfw it's their 60th anniversary in three months and they're still dead and DC are doing nothing

>tfw it's their 60th anniversary in three months and they're still dead and DC are doing nothing
Also, Legion thread. Post your waifus etc

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_of_Super-Heroes:_The_Magic_Wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this makes me laugh

My Top 5:

1) Celebutard Five Years Later Matter Eater Lad
2) Gates
3) Kent Shakespeare/Impulse I
4) Dream Girl (any version obviously)
5) Brainiac 5 (Pre-Crisis crushing on Supergirl is best but any Brainy is great)

If anyone ever got around to giving Mon-el an actual personality, I would like him a lot. To be fair, I haven't read the 90s Valor book tho.

For more excellent Legion parody, check out Spider-Boy Team-Up

waifu is Supergirl but that's cheating in a LOSH thread.

I like how Lyle jumped straight to thinly veiled "no one will see me after I murder you" threats.

DC really dropped the ball when they completely failed to capitalize on the space craze GotG opened up. The Legion hits both the wacky space adventures and are the closest DC has to their own X-Men.

Then again, the Legion is apparently way easier to fuck up than one would think, since CW, a network the Legion was practically made for, somehow managed to fuck them up.

>waifus
>tfw my Legionfu is Saturn Girl
Prime example of characters it should not he logistically possible to fuck up. She's the team mom who occasionally does questionable shit for the greater good. She's also blonde, wears pink or red costumes, and is in a relationship with Lightning Lad. They somehow managed to get literally all of that wrong.

Congratulations, CW, your incompetence is truly impressive.

>>tfw it's their 60th anniversary in three months and they're still dead and DC are doing nothing
>Also, Legion thread. Post your waifus etc
Kid Eternity ran out his 75 years in 2015 but DC didn't touch him. And no one else did either because they assumed that DC was going to.

Reminder that Saturn Girl cucked Lightning Lad with Ultra Boy.

CW are just fucking up all over the place with the lsh. They don't understand the franchise and the characters at all, and seem to have a costume/props budget of no more than $2 so it doesn't even look good.

At least they're putting out more reprints and it's several eras all at once instead of hopelessly praying the archives or whatever gets to the part you care about

I feel like their Brainy is actually ok, but the rest of it is so wrong I don't want to keep watching just for him.

I cannot think of a single reason they chose to call that character Saturn Girl. Like damn, if she was Tasmia at least the marriage to Mon-El would be accurate.

I can't get over how the actor is very obviously taking inspiration from Jessie Eisenberg's work as Luthor and Zuckerberg, and how they're trying to portray Brainy as extremely clueless and kinda doormat-y in a way that he normally isn't. Or that ugly fucking wig.

>they don't understand the franchise
What's to even understand? It's superheroes in space, in a relatively peaceful future, with a healthy dose of teen shenanigans. Like most long running series, it's not really all that complicated.

It's so sad how at this point i'm like "as long as it's not bendis"

i hope and pray that Johns' long term plan is too intricate for Bendis to bumble into.

Dr Manhattan is the Time Trapper

Have they resolved Saturn Girl being in Arkham in Rebirth yet?

>Dr Manhattan is the Time Trapper

the only thing that would any of this worth it

I wish I could get into the Legion but it's so obtuse. Everything about it. Hell, it's not X-Men bad, but still.

And they still fucked it up. I was also thinking of things such as "the Legion was not founded because Lar loved Supergirl so much"

>Manapul Legion
Continue

Try the Johns Action arc. It's newfag friendly.

Or Legionnaires Book One, very newfag friendly.

I got into them with Legionnaires #0 and Great Darkness Saga.
Superboy's Legion also helped.

Nope. She had some kind of weird physic attack/flashback during "The Button", but as far as I can remember we've seen nothing since then.

He and Shooter creatively didn't communicate well on it and it just wasn't great in general even outside of that.

Threeboot as a whole is pretty cringey. Only characters I really liked there were Dream Girl and Cosmic Boy.

Emerald Empress made a Fatal Five to try and find/attack her but didn't accomplish anything I don't think

IIRC she fucked off after being defeated and not much at all came out of it.

What are the odds something Legion will happen at the end or after Doomsday Clock?

Before it began I thought it was almost guaranteed that we'd see something, but we're already 1/4 in and we've barely seen anything that isn't Watchmen, Batman or OC. I think there'll be something just because Johns is Johns but I really doubt that it'll be anything particularly concrete.

This is such a nice little story, thank you for posting it

trying to figure out who's a hidden legionnaire like

>Flashpoint clues

yuck

but you did remind me I had this saved

Everyone. In the next event DC will reveal that they've been undercover since Rebirth started. You thought you were reading about the Atom? Think again, it's been Shrinking Violet in drag this whole time.

>Supergirl was dumb and bad because she was Proty all along

makes sense

Didn't that happen with Mon El and his supporting cast during New Krypton?

oh my god booster doesn't have his flight ring in action comics. i'm terrified now, thanks thread

yeah it was awesome

good catch, I haven't been reading that

no force field belt either

Why didn't the LOSH team up with the Batman or Superman of the 2960s?

Didn't he brag about both the ring and the belt an issue or two ago?

I can't find it at the moment because the website is fucking around but I remember that he or Skeets said something about the belt being there and stolen early on. Mostly because I'm pretty sure I went "ha, they almost acknowledged Brainy" when he said it.

*turns the air around Superman into gold kryptonite*

>it's been Shrinking Violet in drag this whole time.
>ditches lightning waifu for killer frost
nah

what kind of legion do you want when it comes back? preboot? the one with the fat ugly snake? a 4th legion?

>fat ugly snake
delet this
she was cute

Lemire's version was ideal to me (Retroboot + unique Reboot characters ignoring some deaths). Don't need to see them growing up again and a fresh start in general would have too much rehashing for my liking.

We're getting trades and another omnibus anyway. And I'm sure they'll announce Hickman's run in a couple months.

Jose Ladronn did great work for Marvel and then he dropped off the face of the earth

Which reboot characters did lemeires legion have

Gates and XS at least

I remember Monstress and Kinetix also being there.

And Ferro Lad was alive. (Or maybe it was just Reboot Ferro).

Yeah but they joined at the end of lo3w xs to find any family thawnes didnt kill and gates because???

>and gates because???

because he's best boy

Gates seriously might've joined to teach Retroboot about communism

>communist
>best anything

Ideally I'd have the archie Legion back, but that is very much not going to happen ever so I'm hoping for a reboot of some sort.

>Mon-el

I liked Mon-El a lot in the New Krypton story-line; that was one of the FEW things I like in that over-long, excessive Cereal Lord fever dream.

EE also made an appearance in the Supergirl Rebirth first arc.

This was excellent. A continuation that just deep dives all over the history of the DCU, like this, would make a great 6 or 12 issue limited series. Even if you don't know what the Miracle Machine is (I didn't when I first read this), the rest of it was very newbie friendly.

And it reminds that not only did the main Convergence story have a lot of crappy writers on it, they also essentially took a dump on a lot of world-building by multiple people by having Junior Booster so easily cough up the location of Vanishing Point as a key plot point.

Convergence was such a dumb story and Telos was the dumbest villain who still somehow got his own book. That seemingly tried to retcon Vril II, of all people, out of continuity.

But was that as bad as Shadow Lass hooking up with fucking Earth Boy?

God-mode Element Lad is scary as hell.

Well, at that point he's pretty much the strongest being in the universe that isn't some god in addition to having the worst case of cabin fever ever.

Holy shit, are the Legion allowed to acknowledge or respect another hero without immediately wanking off Superman?

>being this buttblasted
You're just mad no one remembers Buttman

Not really, I'm talking about Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, shit even the JSA.

They've acknowledged the Flashes at times, and the GLC. Everyone else has kind of faded with history, mainly because that makes it easier to writ them without having to write around possible future events of every other book there is.

Gates stayed because the Legion is too humanoid

Gates is best boy, fighting the good fight

>Wonder Woman
Even in-universe, nobody cares about Diana.

It is odd though that she has never appeared in any Legion stories. She's immortal, so it's likely she and the other Amazons are still around somewhere.

so far DClock has had much more JSA material and hasn't touched the legion at all, so who knows

How many times are we gonna get legion story but they have insanely overpowered guest star from the mainline comics show up as a big twist

Fucking Ra's Al Ghul. Who asked for that

They still haven't fought Vandal Savage.

Don't give them any ideas.

Give who any ideas? There is no Legion.

The last good legion was waids legion but dc killed it because they wanted to buy into the infinite crisis nostalgia hype.

You can't trust comic writers, they may very well resurrect them for like an issue just to reintroduce Savage.

That's quite something. Where is it from?

It's from the fourth issue of the Books of Magic miniseries, and is a little retelling of "The Magic Wars," which was the end of volume 3 of LoSH
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_of_Super-Heroes:_The_Magic_Wars

Ah, nice, thank you!

How big of a deal was Legion back in it's heyday and why the hell did they disappear off the face of the earth?

there was a time in the 80s where DC's biggest books were Teen Titans and Legion.

they disappeared because Crisis fucked up their history and it never got totally fixed and DC rebooted them a couple of times which is always dicey and then in the 00s it got really confusing because DC started mixing the continuitys