Snotgirl

>DDD-Cup
Why aren't you reading about this womanchild and her horrible friends?

Second collection isn't out yet right?

Not until May I believe, could be wrong.

Then I'll read it when that comes out.

because i don't want to read about woman-children

too much of that shit on the internet already, tumblr, fan-fic sites, mary sue and all the other crap that take up valuable server space

lol

I wish Americans would ditch this multi-D thing and just use more letters.

Because someone dumped the first volume in here and that was all there was available. I'll read it if you dump it tho.

DD and DDD are smaller than E.

i like slimy miserable girls so this book is my fetish

Turns out I was wrong, DD and DDD are just another word for E and F.

We do have more letters, it's just part of our stickgirl culture, women think E and F sound 'fat' so they came up with DD and DDD

>DDD-cup

How the fuck do you draw that from a single static image? Am I just retarded?

At least snotgirl makes them look bad

I bet a million bucks if it was adapted to TV or something it would be singled out for "stereotyping" or "taking women back 20 years"

Double D and triple D sound waaaaayy fatter than E and F

Yeah she certainly doesn't look like that's the case.

There's a AA beyond A!

That's probably what will fit me.

I was about to call you a retard but the more I think about it, yeah, you're right. I guess it's because we always hear people talking about D's or Double D's as "big" so our brains just fill in the blanks and make them HUGE.

Nobody talks about E's and F's though so we don't have any kind of mental framework for how that's supposed to look.

It might even come down to letter shapes too; D's are big and soft looking but E and F are sticklike.

I've read all the released issues so far and I still can't bring myself to care about any of the characters or be invested in the plot. I'm basically reading this only because one of my favorite artists is working on it, even if some of her pages(like pic related) are weird sometimes.

Let's be real user, you're a few months of blue pills away from actually NEEDING a bra.

Earnestly this summaries what I feel about, and why I'm not reading, this series. When seeing this on store shelves I was draw to the art and read a little into it and found nothing of note, it felt like a bad webcomic in terms of substance. And from what I've heard the story and mystery goes nowhere and most people who read it and post about it here seem to have a similar compliant of not giving a shit about the characters or anything that happens. I'm not sure if it's because it's about the life of shallow celebrities or whatnot but people seem to have a hard time relating to whatever's going on despite advocates saying it's a deconstructive or otherwise negative look at terrible people doing terrible things.

It feels like it COULD be millenial American Psycho, but does it go anywhere with its premise?

so any news on that new comic he's working on?

I can see that. I feel right at home reading aimless quirky character shit like this but I definitely think that's not very substantial for many people. I feel like this story could be wrapped up in two or three volumes. Any more than that and I can't see how it would work.

that's what is called "character moments", user
you can't just give the audience plot, characterization is an important part of stories
it's the equivalent of quiet time in vidya

The thing about that with this series is there are two months between issues, people get impatient with nothing happening after a while. I really like the comic but I don't blame people for losing interest in it

I feel like this is every independent comic ever

I just thought stacking two letters together makes you sound fatter than using a single letter.

Not sure if you responded to the wrong post but the fact of the matter is good stories can do plot and characterization simultaneously. The fact that a lot of people don't give a shit about the characters also shows that these 'character moments' aren't doing a very good job.

I didn't say that I minded downtime but there's a difference between a series with slower moments to characterize characters and a series with slower moments to characterize characters that actually has substance to it.

Because after it went on haitus after she pushed that bitch off that balcony, I forgot it existed. I liked it, though. Guess I'll catch up this week.

Measurements are in the tpb.

It's too bad because she definitely isn't drawn any bigger than a C tops, I guess they didn't want to make it seem too fanservicey, she wears some really flashy outfits at times

>what is Worm, a cape-centered book bigger than all of game of thrones put together that makes sure to squeeze in characterization in every single beat for every 1.7 million words of it, because powers are not the focus, but the means of which the story is told around

Good writers can make any moment be both user. You need to up your standards, because Steven Universe isn't cutting it.

>Why aren't you reading about this womanchild and her horrible friends?

Because I don't want to read about womanchildren with horrible friends.

Also it's boring and not very good.

Only read the first 5, but DDD seems about right outside of the first issue.

What is this comic actually about? Is there a plot?

Lottie, green hair, has bad allergies so her doctor started her on a brand new medication. She took it and drank some booze and may have murdered someone.

I wish doctors could give me meds for my green hair, but sadly there's no cure for protagonist syndrome in the real world.

Is AA concave titties?

It's very confusing (on purpose) because the main character might be going crazy and most of the characters are lying about who they actually are.

It's fun.

the fuck is the pink haired girl wearing? is this fashion?

Who is it written for? The main character seems like a vapid, self absorbed internet person. Is it a critique?

It's aimed at the type of women you just described.I saw girls on twitter praising it because they love unapologetic mean girls. Like it somehow validated them being overall terrible people because being a mean girl was empowering or some shit

I found it refreshing, but then again all I read are cape comics.

wait isn't the girl she supposedly murder still alive?

No, it's just telling a story. The main character isn't supposed to be likeable, which Sup Forums for some reason doesn't understand, and it's not really about the blog stuff.

It's about a protagonist who's unreliable because she's taking medication that makes her hallucinate and shit and nothing is at it seems because of it. Like for the first 4 issues it wasn't clear whether or not she actually killed someone.

Sounds toxic. I mean I see how the art style could be appealing to a certain type of person or someone who is into fashion or whatever, but jeeez.

And this is by the Scott Pilgrim guy?!

I like some mean girl characters, but I get the feeling the characters in this comic lack a certain quality that makes mean girls likable in the first place. At most, the only character I care about is Norm girl, but only out of pity for her being surrounded by horrible friends and a fiance who checks out other girls behind her back. I don't understand what's empowering about any of the characters.

>Measurements are in the tpb.
get back to me when the artist conforms to that otherwise fuck off

So it's a character study of a confused horrible person surrounded by other confusing horrible people.

For this to be worth reading, it better either be really funny, have amazing art, or be a story where the characters actually grow and change.

Does Snotgirl have any of these on offer?

I'll post a pic when I charge my phone and finish taking a shit.

hope this thread's still up because I'm hitting the sack

I don't care whether the main character is likable but if I don't care what happens I'm out. Fair enough?

Misread your post. It does look like the artist is conforming to the size considering what DDD/F-cups look like in real life.

It's only eight issues in user, but Lottie does slowly get less terrible. The main draw is the confusing nature of the plotline and what is and isn't real.

Honestly this is probably directed more at women and gay men. Or just women.

Not the same user and I don't have the tpb, but I think it's the colorist who is changing some stuff. There are sketches at the back of every issue, and she looks pretty big whenever she's not wearing concealing clothing and is only pencilled in.

>he says this when every issue ends with a montage of cheesecake

Not to mention, while that last issue was gay as fuck, it also had a Lottie nipple at the end.

>making a thread about a webcomic hardly anyone's heard of but not linking to it

>webcomic
It's an actual published comic, people just read it on readcomiconline

It's an actual comic, published by Image.

>Who is it written for
These are the kinds of questions you should figure out yourself by reading.

Never watched either movie, how accurate is this?

I hope Snot Girl leses out with Cool Girl

I choose to believe this post is quality bait

I would image it would just be perfectly flat. Don't know why you'd need a bra for that.

She's supposed to be overly cute and poppy kind of fashion like lolita and shit. What she's wearing there is more like high concept runway clothes no one would ever wear though.

I think Leslie's art suffers from something most people get where their sketches look very lively and powerful but loose all of that when inked. I think the comic's art is clean to a fault. If it adhered more closey to the sketches and left some of the shading to hatching then it would look much better.

I wonder if that has already happened and that Snotgirl doesn't remember. Time skips a lot in this book.

I think she actually might already have in the club's bathroom, when they flashback to that scene it gets gayer everytime

And she's being kind of awkward and clingy around her while Coolgirl's trying to brush her off. So they might have and Lottie just forgot.

To girls, a bra is proof that you're a woman.

While a big generalization I think this has some validity to it. I see it a lot where transwomen will wear bras even though they don't need them. I don't understand why you'd want to subject yourself to extra bullshit but whatever.

Or just kind of necessary for "decency" in certain kinds of clothes

>I don't understand what's empowering about any of the characters.
It's supposed to be empowering, is a bunch of horrible superficial human beings miserable and horrible to each to other.

no girls in game of thrones have fucking green hair

>It's supposed

*It's not

Cup size is dependent on band size as well and doesn’t necessarily always mean mega-milk huge.

Hmm.

tripe like this getting published really gives me hope that i too can become a published author

Gotta cover the indecent nipples.

Why would it matter whether it was if you have no points of reference?

It's genuinely good though if you can look past the surface for what it actually is.

Well for one thing it's written by the guy who made Scott Pilgrim so he's already pretty experienced in the comics scene.

>if you ignore the bad stuff it's good

That's not what I said at all. Look at all these people still saying it's about a fashion blogger when that's such a small part of the book.

What is it actually?

A story about a woman who's slowly going insane, and it's purposely left ambiguous whether what's going on actually happened or one of her delusions. It is NOT about fashion.

I read it, I love it, and I even managed to get the t-shirt.

That's a pretty sweet shirt

Huh yeah I definitely thought it was some slice of life about some loser instagram model.

>tfw that's a cool shirt but it still has a picture of an anime girl with snot dripping out of her nose on it

Well none of this makes any sense. Sounds like an insane soap opera. Like a tumblr-derived, fashion obsessed version of twin peaks.

more like THOTgirl amirite

>womanchild
Is there even such a thing? Typically everyone thinks a woman with a childlike personality is ideal, and it's the overly independent women or the ones that lack innocent qualities by drinking and sleeping around that will get a lot of flak.

>Typically everyone thinks a woman with a childlike personality is ideal
The only people that think that didn't date during high school.

this artist has a bad case of the same face syndrome. it's like they draw the same girl over and over just change up the hair/clothes

literally /cgl/: the comicbook

>woman with a childlike personality is ideal
No.
Just no.