Are there any Marvel or DC characters who have complete runs that are almost entirely good to passable?

Are there any Marvel or DC characters who have complete runs that are almost entirely good to passable?

I don't think there are. Which is understandable for someone who's been around for almost 100 years like Superman or Batman, but it's pretty sad when you think about the amount of tripe that newer characters like Jaime Reyes or Miles Morales have manage to accumulate in such little time

And who are the characters who have the HIGHEST ratio of good to bad stories? I get the feeling that Daredevil is one of them, for whatever reason

If DC includes Vertigo then you have a few, but I can't think of many capes

Jonah Hex and the Spectre both have pretty solid track records

Miles is great though. The only bad thing about him is all the racist that flood over from Sup Forums to attack him

From DC: there's Denny O'Neil's Question, which is getting storytimed right now. There's Jonah Hex, who had not just one but two huge and great runs, first under Joe Orlando/Michael Fleisher and later with Jimmy Palmiotti/Justin Gray. There's Garth Ennis' Hitman. There's Etrigan, who had Jack Kirby, Matt Wagner, Alan Grant and Garth Ennis. There's 300 issues of Hellblazer of which maybe 1/8 are just meh (although everything since has been pretty trite). And I'll stand by my belief that Enemy Ace doesn't have a single bad story to his name (even though his original run can be somewhat repetitive read all in one sitting).

I haven't read enough Marvel to make similar recommendations, but Simonson's Thor is as massive as it is excellent (and Kirby's before it), Ennis' Punisher (going from Marvel Knights to MAX) and PAD's Captain Marvel.

Jonah Hex has basically never been worse than mediocre, and prior to the New 52 was arguably always good.

If not for the last 10 years Silver Surfer would be up there as well.

Swamp Thing MIGHT also count. I can't think of a time when it was really worse than mediocre.

Daredevil has only had 4 noteworthy runs, and only 1 of those has aged well.

Marvel's Moon Knight? Most of his runs have been quite good. Bendis is the worst of it and even his run was passable.

Miles has nothing unique going for him until he merges into 616

Omega the Unknown

Swamp Thing.

Besides the current run and the first few issues of V5, most of Supergirl's stuff has been pretty solid.

>Last 10 years of silver surfer
What is Slott's run? What is Spurrier's mini? Silver surfer was never even good.

Stan pls

This and most of its Vertigo friends (Doom Patrol and Animal Man for instance).

>Miles is great though
No he isn't. But you're probably baiting.

Slott was good.

It's got to be the obscure, creator owned and war characters
>Jack Knight
>Hitman
>Sugar and Spike
>Mazing man
>Blue Devil
>Enemy Ace
>Unknown soldier
>Sgt. Rock
>Omega the unknown
>Dream and endless

Wood, Bunn, Lemire, Ellis, Bemis, Bendis, Dixon wrote bad moon Knight runs.

Doug Wheeler wrote a bad Swampy run and he's had other forgettable runs. Animal Man wasn't good after Milligan and Conway wrote a really bad ending for him. Doom Patrol had terrible terrible runs by Kupperberg, Byrne and Arcudi.

>Dixon wrote bad moon Knight runs
>doesn't praise Moench

>You cannot speak of bad runs unless you speak of the good ones too.
That post doesn't even make any sense. Do you have asperger or something, retard?

If Doom Patrol doesn’t have Drake, Morrison, Giffen, or Way on it you can skip it.

>still no digital reprints of Drake's or Giffen's runs
but why

hellblazer is more than 1/8th bad

I'm glad people purged Byrne's Doom Patrol from the collective mind. Some things are better off forgotten.