Star Wars politics VS Steven Universe politics

Star Wars the clone wars did have some excellent writing for the politics.
If you want well written politics watch Star Wars the clone wars:
youtu.be/7oTCTtE7pGA
youtu.be/d2S_S2Qikdk
youtu.be/k3ZJ8IC3WdI

On the other hand SU has nonsensical plot lines, I like to see someone even explain to me the logic in "Dewey Wins"?
Dewey bends over and resigns do to pressure.

Dewey was written unreasonably.
Points a real politician might make in his position:

>I have evacuated the town in a emergency, I kept it stable and functional.
>She participated in restaurants wars.
>And she calls me quarrelsome?
>Where was her called for moderation while her family was involved in this travesty?
>You want a person like this to be mayor?

The only actual point was Dewey not remembering who one guy in town is and its child's play to maneuver out of this situation:
>My dear child, I'm a mayor.
>While the loss of one of our citizens is regrettable
>I'm sure that the police department is already investigating this tragedy
>I suggest you contact them in this matter.
>I have full faith in our police departments ability to solve this crisis

Every single human in SU reasons and thinks in ways that are alien to IRL humans.
The plotline made no sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GkP9YZDu2Wc
youtu.be/NPvcJN-sPnQ?t=2m22s
dailymotion.com/video/x3atc3g
steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Dewey_Wins
dailymotion.com/video/x68nzmf
youtu.be/02LgdXVkXgM
youtube.com/watch?v=PuGfm--VKyI
youtube.com/watch?v=DEYpcCCS-QY
steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Dewey_Wins/Transcript
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So basically if Dewey did not act like Dewey he'd still be Mayor.

Great writing, OP. You sure showed them.

>muh woc mayor
its women vs men writing

This episode was dogshit, but your problems with it aren't valid. Dewey is awful in these kinds of situations. Him giving flawless, eloquent rebuttals would fly in the face of his characterisation. Secondly, Beach City is very small. Dewey should know who everyone in the town is by name, and especially one who has just been abducted by aliens. It shows a real lack of concern on Dewey's part, and that's why the townspeople are upset at him.

>Dewey bends over and resigns do to pressure
Yeah, he's always been a coward.

Also you comparison to clone wars is dumb. I haven't watched any of that show, but clearly it has a much heavier emphasis on politics than SU does. Tonally, the shows are night and day.

I don't really get why you'd compare Star Wars to SU in the first place, this seems like an attempt to reach for some reason to either bitch about politics, SU, or both.

Dewey's generally been a very nervous guy,If your looking for a serious representation of a politician in cartoons Dewey isn't what your looking for in the slightest.

>user wants to hate SU so much, he praises prequel political bullshit

How depressing.

How long is it going to take until this thread goes full Sup Forums? Can we skip to the 404 part?

>face of his characterisation
The point is he is written to lose.
This is bad writing.
Contrast this with SW where you have
1) Warmongering patriots
2) Pacifists
3) Greedy factions who want to profit of the war (bank deregulation and money for kamino because they manufacture the clones)
Its not like Dewey was anything other then a joke character see:
youtube.com/watch?v=GkP9YZDu2Wc

> one who has just been abducted by aliens
Ohohohoho
This is incorrect.
Depending on what timeline you graph it looks something like this:
Day 1) Aqua tries to abduct people
Day 1) Lars on HW
Day 1) Steven returns in midnight
Day 2) The start of "Dewey wins".
Hell even in the episode its acknowledged that Steven did not even inform anyone about the fact that Lars is missing.
youtu.be/NPvcJN-sPnQ?t=2m22s

Also missing people are not the job of the mayor.
The police is responsible for this.

Bottom line the writing is on a unbelievable level of shit.
>heavier emphasis on politics than SU does
> I haven't watched any of that show
Also the clips are all you need, the rest is Jedi using their light sabers and fighting things.
Backdrop SW politics are more complex then the ones in SU.

They could have made a real point of Dewey actually being corrupt or selling gem tech to some shady people or made the debate about wanting to do something about being at war with a intergalactic empire.
The humans are ZERO dimensional paper cutouts.

I haven't watched SU in awhile, so I don't know what's going on and correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you essentially complaining that something like a 10 to 15 minute long episode of poorly drawn sporadically released cartoon isn't as thought out and detailed as a half hour show meant to bridge the landscape and fill in the gaps between two movies.

Can you name a cartoon that has intriguing politics?
Where the bad side even tries to create a reasonable position or justification?

>10 to 15 minute
I have to admit the time limit is a problem however SU also employs a continuing story and some episodes like the zoo saga or trial saga are simply split into episodes that are direct continuations of the previous one creating essentially a longer story.

SU also has plotlines between multiple episodes.

SU was simply
>Everyone is a cry baby
>Dewey starts to cry and gives up

Also SU is notorious for forcing some concepts.

I dont watch this show
did the dumb white man lose to the coloured midget women?

>Dewey became a Trump stand-in
>when he's nothing like Trump

Poor fellow.

>Star Wars and SU mashup
oh, a fun shitpost?
>nah just kidding it's another fuck SU, am I right, guys?

and I hate how Star Wars is Sup Forums material. Please mods, burn this board and split it up. Sup Forums gets /jp/ and various other offtopic boards. Sup Forums's offtopic boards are all nsfw.

>did the dumb white man lose to the coloured midget women?
YES.
If you want to see a experiment in stupidity and SJW logic see this episode.

>Steven is a Trump supporter
Sucrose is /ourgirl/

>The point is he is written to lose.
>This is bad writing.
It would be bad if it wasn't consistent with his prior characterisation, but that's not the case. Dewey has never been that popular, he's just had no opposition. Him losing to the very popular Nanefua is more than believable.

>Contrast this with SW
Why? SW's tone and aims are completely different. SU isn't a serious political drama, this comparison is stupid.

>Its not like Dewey was anything other then a joke character see:
>posts video of Dewey making a joke
Are you false-flagging or something?

>This is incorrect.
Whatever. The point is he's missing, the whole town is concerned about it, and the mayor doesn't even know his name.

>Also missing people are not the job of the mayor.
Doesn't matter. They're annoyed because he doesn't give much of a shit about Lars. It shows a lack of concern for Beach City's citizens.

>Bottom line the writing is on a unbelievable level of shit.
It is, but not for the reasons you've mentioned.

>Backdrop SW politics are more complex then the ones in SU.
No fucking shit, SU isn't about politics.

>They could have made a real point of Dewey actually being corrupt or selling gem tech to some shady people or made the debate about wanting to do something about being at war with a intergalactic empire.
That sounds retarded. The episode isn't even about Dewey, it's about Steven learning to see things from Connie's perspective, (in a really cliched, contrived way but still).

Are they releasing new episode yet

Dewey steps down to be replaced by another charming somewhat goofy fella.

a Mike Nelson cameo bit would have been fun.

whats the episode name/number

>SU is not sophisticated enough to merit the level of praise and attention that SW gets
>but its story is complex enough for me to justify my autistic rants about a terrible show
Child cartoon "fandoms" are a joke.

The worst part is how they elected her even though she is clearly senile.

Also she looks like on her 80s,

>As you can see politics regarding this serious character discussing important plot points and is integral to the canon of the whole franchise is clearly superior to the politics starring a joke character for a filler episode

>It would be bad if it wasn't consistent
My thinking is.
Watching a pushover man lose do to him being established a pushover is not interesting for me the audience.
>Him losing to the very popular Nanefua
Why is she even popular?

>>Dewey making a joke
???
He was not joking this is how the character is.
dailymotion.com/video/x3atc3g
1 minutes in.

>Whatever. The point is he's missing,
In the episode it was established not even the parents of the missing boy know he is missing.
Missing people are the responsibility of the police not the mayors.

>he doesn't give much of a shit about Lars
I have to admit he was written to make this mistake.
Really forced way(from the writers) to get make him look bad.

>SU isn't about politics.
I wan't something other then humans who live like they are teleported from the naked gun universe.
I wan't some believability in the human characters.
SU humans are more alien then the aliens.

>It is, but not for the reasons you've mentioned.
What do you think are the problems in the SU writing?

steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Dewey_Wins
s5e5
dailymotion.com/video/x68nzmf

>important plot points
Funny thing, this whole financing debate is background and can be ignored in TCW.
Most of the time its about smashing droids.

So background TCW politics are superior to background politics in SU.

Obligatory comment she says
Down with JEW-ey!
Down with JEW-ey!
Down with JEW-ey!

Y-yay? I really don't get what the point of this whole thread is.

SU background human politics are written like crap.
On the other hand:
SW background human politics are extremely good.

SJW fantasy:
White men give up power and walk away forever.

No one really seems to care about Lars in the episodes that follow, so I don't know what to tell you.

SW politics suck, though, but mostly becuase they're completely uninteresting and detract from the central matters of the franchise.

Politics wasn’t even the point of that episode or SU in general.
Politics is a driving force in SW as a whole.
You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Well okay, but literally no one is applauding or even bothering with that one episode. You can pretty much pick any other politics episode from any other cartoon and go "SW is so much better than this!" It's a kid's cartoon, I don't know what you were expecting.

SU humans are the worst part of the show, especially since theyve become more or less the main focus in a show whos main feature is supposed to be about alien rock women. Dewey did nothing wrong, and unlike thinks, the episode was trying to show him in a good light and more of the townspeople being more crazy and unforgiving, either way it still means most of them are horrible characters who shouldnt get even half the attention they do and shouldnt be making up the bulk of the screentime of episodes now. I hate what my favorite show hs become, and wish one day a reboot happens were either sugar gets better control of her crew or someone more competent is put in charge.

Still don't get this opinion. The lack of political context is one of the big reasons the sequel trilogy feels like fan fiction.

Now you are only following more threads into more colossal write fuckups in SU.
Is it more strange then Steven actually never telling Larses parents about how he got lost (magic mineral rock kid sure drooped this important plot line).
Or how about telling Larses parents about the magical lion that can teleport them to Lars?
Or that at the beginning of the episode his bitch girl decided to run away with this magical animal(thew only of its kind!), for completely insane reasons.

And while we are on the subject why did they ignore the ticking time bomb in the core of the planet and did fuck around for a long time?

>SU humans are the worst part of the show
I'm OP and I completely agree.

>whos main feature is supposed to be about alien rock women.
In Sugar’s own words, SU is basically reverse Harry Potter.
It’s the magical and otherworldly brings that become fascinated with the mundane world.
>wish one day a reboot happens
After PPG and Ben 10, which expect the reboot to be better than the original? Why would you wish this fate on anyone?

>I’m OP
That can’t be.
You wouldn’t even be able to type from taking so much dick.

>In Sugar’s own words, SU is basically reverse Harry Potter.
>It’s the magical and otherworldly brings that become fascinated with the mundane world.
Then she should focus on the SOL adventured of the gems, like the first few seasons AKA when the show was good
>After PPG and Ben 10, which expect the reboot to be better than the original? Why would you wish this fate on anyone?
Oh shut up, just because miller fucked up and tryd to make dumb downed juvenile reboots, doesnt mean the whole concept is dead. Just look at samurai jack and hey arnold, they both came back great

>I'm OP
Oh boy I'm sure you are not.

Absolutely impossible.

Unthinkable.

Such fallacious claims!

Obri gar logar.

Did you not watch any episode of Steven Universe but this one? Dewey is classically incompetent, spineless, aimless, soulless, brainless, etc. He's purposely written as a pathetic human being, outclassed by pretty much everyone else in town, up to and including his airhead son. The only reason he was the mayor at all is because he was directly related to the person who founded the town and no one else ever wanted the job anyway. In the end, he didn't either, and he buckled the exact moment someone else suddenly wanted to be mayor.

Also, they're all cartoon characters and think and behave as such, it's not complicated.

>I hate what my favorite show hs become,
Then drop it.
I hate hearing SU fans complain how their such put upon battered wives when they could just drop the show at any time.

Nanafua is the Trump stand-in. She won over people with catchy phrases and charisma over an actual plan, and will shit bricks when a full Gem invasion happens.

>Oh shut up, just because miller fucked up and tryd to make dumb downed juvenile reboots, doesnt mean the whole concept is dead.
Have you actually seen a good reboot in the last five years?
Reboots are nothing more than hollow cash grabs from studios who know that the quick buck lies with nostalgiafags. Why anyone would defend this is beyond me.
>Just look at samurai jack and hey arnold, they both came back great
Neither of those are reboots you tard.

Hmm.
I'm a Trekkie and I was pleasantly surprised to see this detail political discussion in TCW now in SW prequels only the TCW.
Because it was detailed and understandable.
Maybe we are attracted to different things.
For me the new Star Trek 2009+ is cancer its generic nonsense action of a generic action guy in space.
youtu.be/02LgdXVkXgM
Yes we are like this in reality.
youtube.com/watch?v=PuGfm--VKyI

Ive already skipped most of the last few episodes because they were either townie shit or focused on terrible cast like connie. I dont see the point anymore if my favorite characters have basically been written off the show now, i really want someone to confront sugar on twitter or at a con and ask why characters like pearl, amethyst, or peridot have effectively been written off their own show. I feel terrible that animation is almost nothing but dogshit now, as a result ive been watching more anime and live action just because their is hardly anything good currently running anymore.

>Have you actually seen a good reboot in the last five years?
Voltron is great
>Reboots are nothing more than hollow cash grabs from studios who know that the quick buck lies with nostalgiafags. Why anyone would defend this is beyond me.
Id rather have a reboot then the awful new shit hollywood pumps out these days
>Neither of those are reboots you tard.
They basically were, they were comebacks from shows that were off the air for over ten year. Fuck you

>Watching a pushover man lose do to him being established a pushover is not interesting for me the audience.
Okay, fair enough.

>Why is she even popular?
She's a strong leader, has been around for a long time, and knows the townspeople well. Not hard to see why.

>He was not joking this is how the character is
Politicians get nervous about 'pointing fingers' because it means that they are being blamed for something. But in this instance, he's nervous about a literal, pointing finger - it's wordplay. I shouldn't have to explain the joke.

>In the episode it was established not even the parents of the missing boy know he is missing.
That's just not true, I've got no idea what you're trying to say here.

>Really forced way(from the writers) to get make him look bad.
Dewey has been shown numerous times to be kind of shit at his job. Him not knowing/remembering Lars' name is in character.

>I wan't some believability in the human characters.
Totally agreed. The humans are pretty one-dimensional and it's a shame. I would say Dewey is one of the more well-rounded human characters funnily enough, though that's not saying much.

>What do you think are the problems in the SU writing?
The show knew how to do the comfy monster-of-the-week style format well in the first season, giving little drips of lore, backstory and character development along the way. Then after Jail Break, the show lost all sense of direction. Character development is all over the place, and the pacing is erratic, jumping from boring townie shit to sudden bursts of intergalactic space soap opera. Sticking to Steven's perspective really drags it down too, they should've dropped that gimmick after season one.

>why characters like pearl, amethyst, or peridot have effectively been written off their own show
Want to have a laugh?
Notice how Lapis was not even in the show all this time?
They need to go to space and they leave the most powerful waterbender on earth.
They also leave behind the gem who knows about modern tech.

Then hunting aqua Lapis is left behind like she is not even in the show.
Only when slice of life happens they act like Lapis exists.

>They also leave behind the gem who knows about modern tech.
>Only when slice of life happens they act like Lapis exists.
I swear i hope the townie obsessed crew and sugar get the plague

Voltron and Ducktales are pretty good.

Reboot implies everything about that show was restarted, when it clearly wasn’t. Samurai Jack and Arnold are revivals.

>>Dewey was written unreasonably.
>Points a real politician might make in his position:
Yes, but Dewey isn't a real politician. That's the whole point. He only held the position because no one else ran.

>They need to go to space and they leave the most powerful waterbender on earth.
To be fair water is most likely not that abundant on gem worlds. But leaving Peridot behind was fucking retarded, I'll give you that.

There is political context for the sequel series, it's just that it was the complete anti-thesis of what the original trilogy was about at the end of the day.

jasper is a stupid soldier , first thing to do when stranded is try to contact home world to bring reinforcement , but no , she just try to build a uncontrollable corrupt gem army .

True, but im saying those were still good while being out of production for years, there by a good reboot is possible.

> terrible cast like connie
Can someone post the mega sequence where its shown that connie makes zero logical sense and is a cunt? Or is a insane lawful stupid retard if you want to interpret it this way.
Dewey is more competent to be mayor simply because she admitted in the end all her hate mob was wrong and she was wrong and possibly insane and senile for creating a hate mob based on this nonsense.

Those were successful because they had the original creator on board.
You specifically asked for a reboot of with a different crew.

Neither of the situations they were in required knowledge on modern Gem tech.
If there was situation where modern Gem tech would be an obstacle, Peridot would be there.

human know alien exist , but no special army force to protect earth , and why the crystal gem hunt corrupt gem and not human , i pretty some country like these kind of thing as weapon .

Edgy.

Peridot had two episodes dedicated to her in the last bomb.

> i really want someone to confront sugar on twitter or at a con and ask why characters like pearl, amethyst, or peridot have effectively been written off their own show.
Nobody is that autistic.
Also
>not appearing in very episode means you’ve been written off.

>Star Wars politics VS Steven Universe politics

Apples and Oranges dude, at least what your talking about.

Palpatines plan was a masterstroke of careful manipulation over decades of the Republic and the Jedi with tendrils that stretched long in to the past to both his master Darth Plagueis and his masters time. But it's in the context of a Tolkien epic space opera.

That SU episode in particular, was about how Rebecca Sugar was disappointed that Bernie Sanders gave up and endorsed Hilary. Nanafwa is shown to be the objectively better candidate (in the logic of the episode) than Dewey. However, Steven believes in Dewey and is campaigning hard for him, but then after all his hard work his candidate just pieces out.

It's about how politics and volunteering for political candidates can sometimes leave you let down, burned and jaded. But that's just the name of the game and you have to move on.

>That SU episode in particular, was about how Rebecca Sugar was disappointed that Bernie Sanders gave up and endorsed Hilary.
[citation needed]

>That SU episode in particular, was about how Rebecca Sugar was disappointed that Bernie Sanders gave up and endorsed Hilary
lol, you are talking out your ass mate.

>as a result ive been watching more anime and live action just because their is hardly anything good currently running anymore.
And yet you watch live action?

> it's wordplay. I shouldn't have to explain the joke
I know its a joke for the audience.
Dewey is written like someone from a comedy movie and functions on naked gun logic.
youtube.com/watch?v=DEYpcCCS-QY

>That's just not true, I've got no idea what you're trying to say here.
Steven did say he told this first to Sadie, and Sadie did not know this suggesting no one else knows about this.
steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Dewey_Wins/Transcript
Sadie
>What?! And Lars is still in space?!
>At least he's some kind of alive. You told his parents, right?
Steven
>You're kind of my practice run for that.
Steven and Sadie exit the Big Donut.
Sadie
>Let's do this quick. I can't be away from work too long
Its like the show needs to sabotage itself at even having a chance at some rationalization or excuse.

>Lars' name is in character.
it is in character.
Only playing the "naked gun logic" politician fucks up do to him working on "naked gun logic" is not something enjoyable to watch for me.

>Sticking to Steven's perspective
Oh the Steven OPV its a terrible idea why are they forcing it?
Did they sign a blood contract with the devil to only have Steven POV?

They are starting to need to give Steven more powers to show other characters.
Why are they keeping the Steven POV?
>jumping from boring townie shit to sudden bursts of intergalactic space soap opera
The main problem for me is that I want practically only " intergalactic space soap opera".
The slice of life whould be ok if
1)
It did not interrupt the actual intergalactic plotline in the most awkward of ways.
>Whats this we have only days before the earth explodes?
>We need to go and save this planet form the cluster immediately!
>Right after we finish bumming around for the next 6 episodes.
2)
The human characters where interesting or likable or the townie shit did not go to UBER ULTRA unwatchable levels like "Onion Gang" and "Future Boy Zoltron"

>the mayor of a small town should know how to deal with a motherfucking alien invasion
it was a contrived excuse to change something that didn't matter so a woman was mayor

My interpretation.

Although, I cant help thinking she may have been conflicted. She's a lefty, so 99% she's voting Dem. But she's a woman and Jewish. Hilary or Bernie? First woman President or first Jewish president?

> But leaving Peridot behind was fucking retarded, I'll give you that
Thanks.
On the other hand we would never see what happens if you start changing the settings on the FTL drive.
Fun fact, the name of the engine is "gravity engine" the FTL in event horizon is also named "gravity engine".

>To be fair water is most likely not that abundant on gem worlds
I have to agree.
The fact that they never think Lapis can simply drag some water(from earth) with her like other water benders (Avatar) despite the fact that she often drags water spheres with her is never explored.

>jasper is a stupid soldier
I actually want to know why jasper is perfect.
They drop this and then never explain it.
>first thing to do when stranded is try to contact home world to bring reinforcement
Not to say Jasper is not stupid however in her defense she did not have any gem technology.

Imagine Buck and Dewey running the Big Donut together

>Neither of the situations they were in required knowledge on modern Gem tech.
1)
Steven fucks up the FTL drive.
This alone required her.
2)
Pearl has difficulty operating a modern door in front of holly.

It's almost like the politics in Star Wars have been integral to the franchise for over a decade now (or at least close to a decade while TCW aired), while Steven Universe is a fucking slice of life/action cartoon that was never going to actually dig deep into any sort of political shit.

Is your next thread going to be about how the fight scenes in Ed Edd & Eddy don't compare to the fight scenes in Young Justice?

Dewey, like most humans in SU, is a garbage character that didn't even deserve one episode about him. This is what holds SU back. 80% of it is filler based around shitty characters nobody cares about.

Personally I like to have the opportunity to be in Dewey's position and ask counter questions like:
>Oh and what do you want me to do?
>invent a FTL star ship on the spot?
>How about building a planetary defense grid? That's impossible due to our technology level!
>Do you want me to have perfect precognition and detect alien invaders before they arrive?
>And what then?
>Fight hand to hand alien super soldiers(Topaz) who outclass the CG?
>How about Aqua with her "I counter everything even Alexandrite" wand?

>And what exactly did she say?
>pointless words about unity.
>With her attitude I was expecting she was delusional enough to think she will fight alien armies and star ships hand to hand... AND WIN!

>did not have any gem technology.

hmm , jasper used to fight crystal gem on earth , she could go to strawberry battlefield or her old home world headquarter to find anything so she can contact home world , or she can use the big Wailing Stone in episode gem hunt .

>Palpatines plan
Palpatin was not even involved in the debate.
Also Palpatin whole thing is "I'm a evil super wizard, because of my super magic I can mind control and cloud the thinking of even jedi, because I have super magic and they have normal magic"

Also ignoring Palpatin who was not even suggested to have his hand in this.
The debate was basically
>We need more warriors/clones! Buy more warriors/clones!
>NO! This will bankrupt us!
>Not if you deregulate the banks.
>That's the banking lobby speaking! And the greedy clone manufacturers who will profit form this.
>What are you saying?! Are you a separatist sympathizer! Unpatriotic!
The points are understandable and even the obviously greedy profiteers did make some valid points.

>was about how Rebecca Sugar was disappointed
Translation:
>Rebecca Sugar decided to inject and force a plot development that was never planet because she wanted to do a reference to the current election.
You literally gave the reason why she did it, and its a terrible reason.
The terrible mess of a SU political debate is the result.

>its autistic to ask why a writer isnt doing their job and is making shit
Nice meme, also the fact that 90% of episodes are townie shit, while pearl only gets a few lines in now is basically writing them off

And yet look at things like spectacular spider man and voltron, also were reboots

>>the mayor of a small town should know how to deal with a motherfucking alien invasion
Totally agree also:
picture He actually evacuated the town during a alien invasion.
She started a hate mob based on her personal insanity and later admitted she was wrong about the entire thing, and did give some meaningless words about unity.

Who is more qualified to defend against alien invasions?
The dude who actual evacuated the town or the insane senile lady who starts hate mobs based on her insanity and then speaks something about unity?

alien start invade earth ,
we cannot fight back due to low technology ,
we surrender please dont kill us ,
or
we could try to fight back ,
it is better than doing nothing .

>she could go to strawberry battlefield
Did Era 1 gems have FTL communication?
Era 1 did not have FTL travel and the gems watched the pearl minstrels dance in the sub light ship for 100+ years (not a problem for them) before arriving at a new planet.
>Wailing Stone
Are they FTL?
Its never explained if they receive only radio(100% light speed not FTL) from Lapis who was arriving inside of the solar system or even if Peridot grabbed Lapis while she personally arrived in the solar system.
Lapis was surprised do to FTL and illegal used the communication system to send some messages inside the solar system and was jailed for this.

Its not even explained if the Era 1 galaxy warp is FTL.
Because Era 1 warp pads are not instantaneous.

>her old home world headquarter
A good assumption is it was destroyed do HW abandoning earth and CG being left behind.
Also a good assumption most of it is trashed, unusable do to age or was moved by the CG to a unknown location.

>Steven did say he told this first to Sadie
Lars' parents know he's missing at the very least, even if they don't know where he is. Anyway, the point I was making is that Dewey's lack of giving a shit is the real problem here.

>Why are they keeping the Steven POV?
It helps keep up the mystery because our knowledge is restricted to what Steven knows. It worked really well for the first season - as Steven learned new things about the world, so did we. But with the scope of the story, and the cast of characters expanded, I'd rather it was dropped.

Better solution:
SU humans need to be exterminated do to how retarded an unlikable they are.
>Hail homeworld this planet can not be exterminated soon enough.
>You all deserve death and the universe will be a better place after all SU humans are exterminated!

>They basically were, they were comebacks from shows that were off the air for over ten year.
>They basically were
At this point you can clearly see where user has internally admitted his defeat.

You keep saying water bender and using ATLA rules like that somehow applies in this completely different show. The words you're looking for are 'Hydrokinesis' 'Cryokinesis' or just Water manipulation. Given the absurd power difference between a waterbender and Lapis as well as the actual application of their power.

>It helps keep up the mystery because our knowledge is restricted to what Steven knows
No need for the POV if every character dialog is manufactured in a awkward way to give the least information possible on everything.
Steven never asks follow up questions.
>Whats this Pearl wanted me to teach about homeworld and its culture in mirror gem? Better never ask her about it ever.
>Whats this the CG are especially cryptic n their answers? Better never ask any questions or try to confront them about it.
>Whats this Peridot says jasper is perfect? Better never ask her what this means or why its even important.
>Whats this Lapis is close to me? Maybe i ask her about:
>Homeworld (because the CG are giving no information)?
>What is this new stuff in homeworld?
>Why she was imprisoned?
>Better not because I'm retarded.

>It worked really well for the first season
I'm not a fan of s1.
it was basically generic monster of the weak.
And I think most of it was retconed out of existence in S2++
s1 it was all magic.
s2++ its all technology.
s1 magical picture with a demon in it.
s2++ lets not talk about it, ever, pretend like this never happened.
and some s1 things are implied to be complete game barkers like the time shit in the water temple HW is somehow not using it in s2++.

>The words you're looking for are 'Hydrokinesis'
Good point.
However Lapis apparently can hold water balls around her so I don't see why not take some water into a ship.

the magical picture actually has an explanation they just don't explicitly talk about it in the show

there are a lot of old paints which were made by crushing and powdering gemstones

I mean isn't the real point that they don't take Lapis to space or ask Lapis to help with anything because Lapis wouldn't have actually been any help?

Like she ran from Earth because Steven had managed to escape the Diamonds and they had no clue he was on Earth, imagine how she would have reacted to see Blue and Yellow both on the Zoo, probably would have turned in the Crystal Gems and begged for forgiveness

>Is your next thread going to be about how the fight scenes in Ed Edd & Eddy don't compare to the fight scenes in Young Justice?
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
I laughed about it.
Nice joke.

I only expect shows to have some believable background.
And if the SU humans are paper thin they don't try to make it a central point for everyone to see how illogical these characters are.
Especially if they start screaming
>look at this! look at this political debate!
And everyone talking looks like they are taking crazy pills.

>the magical picture actually has an explanation
Great, and what gem biology will make the picture of the gem shards to also poses the digital devices that take photos of this picture?

I personally think they radially changed the idea how SU was supposed to be in S2.
>you know we can totally pretend all this magic is really technology!
And forgot about some one liners like the digital photograph of the painting also getting possessed by the demon.
Or was Garnet trying to be a extra dick by burning Stevens phone?

>I'm not a fan of s1.
Too bad, it's the only good one.

to be fair, I wouldn't put it beyond Garnet to be kind of a dick like that, it was pre-punishment for Steven nearly getting them all killed later

>this is an actual thread on Sup Forums right now

Brb killing myself

>Like she ran from Earth
Lets pretend like we are before this episode.
>Lapis wouldn't have actually been any help?
Did they actually know this?
Steven never asked or referenced HW to her and this is a big problem in writing.

If they all knew she will freak out why did Steven tell Lapis about the trial saga?

And if she was informed about everything like the zoo saga was she all like
>Oh you broke in and stole things from the diamonds super cool.
>Whats this BD is regularly visiting earth? Whatever.
And only freak out after he trial?

To be hones Steven really fucked up by telling the diamonds he is basically space Hitler who everyone assumed was dead, and admitted guilty to everything, can't wait to see this shit blow up in his face after HW invades earth.
Because Larse is totally dragging a insane HW admiral and her armada to earth.