When white people write black superheroes why do they always gotta appeal to niggas from the hood...

When white people write black superheroes why do they always gotta appeal to niggas from the hood? It’s like making every white superhero a cousin fucking Drumpf supporter. What about us middle class blacks? Where’s our superhero?

Because every nigga is from the hood nigga. There's no such thing as no hood nigga.

You'll get a superhero that represents you when you make one

Because marketing stuff to ghetto-ass blacks equals easy money. There's a lot of them and they rarely think twice before spending money on [insert thing].

My black superhero also has lightning powers. He blasts people with them and uses electricity to charge his attacks like Goku with his Ki.

Make him an anime nerd user. Not those smart ones. The normal ones.

The fuck are you on about. Black Lightning is a fucking school principal and his family could not be any more suburban.

Isn’t he trying to save the hood?

>all these pep talks with the James Remar's character
Oh God, the flashbacks. They hurt.

So you don't want the hood shown AT ALL? Your problem is that it doesn't cater to your whim entirely, despite the fact that 90% of the main cast is comprised of worldly, educated people?

I could understand your position if it glorified the life in the hood, but all the villains are there and all the good guys are either out of it or attempting to escape it.

I’d prefer if the superhero actually did superhero shit instead of going down the same tired “save the hood!” story. We already had it in Luke Cage, we don’t need it here.

I’m excited for Black Panther because it’s actually doing something different with a black superhero.

This is understandable.

That is superhero shit. What the fuck are you on about?

Street level heroes deal with gangsters and thugs mainly. Did you cry about this when Daredevil season 1 was airing? Black Panther is not street level.

This is a bait thread, OP isn't black.

t. Black user

I am black.

Lots of them aren't defined by that. Falcon is from Harlem but you wouldn't know it, Rhodey is from South Philly but is clearly middle class, Spawn is from Pittsburg, Storm is originally (half) from Harlem but her "hood" experience is more in Cairo, ... Probably not so coincidentally a lot of them are in the military.
And then you have people like Terrific or T'Challa who aren't the least bit hood.

Not everyone is Black Lighting or Luke Cage just because you only pay attention to Sup Forums shows.

>Why do they always gotta appeal to niggas from the hood?
It's what most black Americans are.

>It’s like making every white superhero a cousin fucking Drumpf supporter.
It's what most Trump supporters are.

There's this...desire from black people to want characters who appear and act as they do. A lot of black people either do, have or know someone who lived in the hood, so they're more receptive when a character talks, thinks, and acts as they do. They don't really feel like they get enough representation so when in the rare opportunity they do, they want it to be someone they can relate to.

>SPLUMBPHF
Now that that's out of the way, it's because these shows (and the majority of western media, in fact) are actually made first and foremost for white women, and white women fetishize blacks as hood niggas.

I like him and his character, I just don't give a fuck about the rest of the show. I wish they would have just done Static Shock. We could have added Virgil to the shitty crossover episodes.

OP is a liar, Jefferson Pierce is a middle class black family man who works as a high school principal.

Lightening is a school principal and Luke Cage is a moralizing country boy whose comic version was actually the version which would likely appeal to hood niggas.

Also where the fuck do you think the crime is?

Everywhere. like space and shit.

Do you whine about Spider-man or Daredevil or the punisher fight when they street level crime? No because they're white and you are a racist.

>Crips are shooting Bloods with innocent people in the middle
>But mother fuckin SPACE CRIME.

Static Shock? I realize thats still an electricity based hero but he was written firmly middle class.

>ghetto-ass blacks
>they rarely think twice before spending money
>spending money
>money

>Crips are shooting Bloods with innocent people in the middle
This reminds me of why I ask why the hell most superheroes have no kill rules, don't they realize that the perps never stop their destructive behavior?

Are you just trying to shitpost as much as you can or something?

How exactly am I shitposting?

By pretending to be retarded and new.

>exact same song from Luke Cage starts playing

>retarded and new
I fail to see how I'm being either of those, is it just because I oppose the idea of a no-kill rule?

>What about us middle class blacks?

You're a minority of a minority. The only person that ever gave a shit about you was Bill Cosby and that nigga's a rapist.

My honest, personal opinion though, it's a conspiracy by white people to promote and popularize the most fucked up aspects of black culture so that in effect it's black people keeping black ignorant and content if not proud of their current situation.

Everything in "black" entertainment is currently geared towards normalizing ghetto/hood life.

Honestly I can't really recall a single superhero who was like hood outside of Milestone.

Like fuck Robbie Reyes was supposed to be a Mexican from L.A and he drove a muscle car, listened to electronic music, and was generally above such things as what his peers did.

G L U R M P F T F F! ! ! ! !

>don't they realize that the perps never stop their destructive behavior?

You pretend to not know that plenty of characters don't have that rule, you pretend you just thought of that despite us having threads about this dumb topic every fucking week, you pretend to not understand that other people might have different views on morals from you, you pretend not to understand meta reasons why some characters have that rule, etc.
This after making the false statement that all black characters are hood based on two TV shows (and ignoring posts that proved that it isn't the case).

So yes, retarded, new, or pretending.

I guess that I fall under "new", then.

Then the earnest answer is meta, and is as follows:
>fans like reoccuring villains
>if villain stays in jail after the hero arrests him, fans complain
>if hero kills villain, fans complain
>villain comes back
>it's even more retarded now!
I'm pretty sure that's the main reason there are so many reformed villains turned heroes these days, it makes it justifiable for them to stick around without making the hero look completely useless.

In universe answers would be differing morals (some might agree with you like Punisher, some won't because they're more optimistic like Superman), trauma (Batman), some level of compliance with authorities so that they don't treat you like a menace (Spidey), ...

/thread
Let's talk about black lightning now. Did you guys like the show so far?

Yes. I am Russian and I fraggin love Pierce, he is good father and give no shit to bats in comics.

because you don't exist according to executives. like a person farther out than the suburbs not bring an inbred hillbilly, you are about as real as a bigfoot riding a unicorn.

Is anyone going to point out the show's actually written by a black couple?

Once again, as it's been said multiple times already in this thread, Black lightning centers around a middle class black family and OP is a liar.

The Boondocks tried really hard to show hood culture through satire in a bad light.

That would be ideal. Not every black person is tied to da hood, mah nigga. Just like not every white person is not tied to trailer parks, or not every Latin person wears sombreros and takes siestas outside in the dirt.

See
Street level superheroes need crime to fight. If you have a problem with a black superhero fighting black crime in a black neighborhood than you just have a problem with black people.

>you just have a problem with black people
How DARE you suggest that Sup Forums has a probem with black people? How dare you sir?

>Street level superheroes need crime to fight.
And it just so happens that the criminals in this show are da ebul wyt cops. Powerful stuff. Thanks, CW.

I don't know who is the bigger shitposter, the one who claims to be black but doesn't want black culture displayed or the one who cries
and whines over the oppressed white majority.

>The villains so far were Will, Lala and Tobias Whale
>Three black men
Sup Forums is colorblind, how ironic.

>When white people write black superheroes why do they always gotta appeal to niggas from the hood?
>Ta-Nehisi Coates

They're the same guy.

>why do they always
>ALWAYS
That's just this and Luke Cage, and argueably Steel.

Blade, Spawn, every black Avenger, every black X-men, Cyborg, Miles Morales, the new Wally, Martian Manhunter (he is just a green black guy) non of those are "niggas" nor they fight for/in the hood.

I feel bad, Me pointing out they're racist is honestly more racist than them being racist.

>Tobias Whale
TBF the dude is an albino, and uses the term "darkies" to refer to other black people.
It's easy to understand how a causal watcher might think he's white.

Ain't fucking no one gonna confuse hom for white.

How do I say this without being told to go to Sup Forums?
Here goes nothing: he has such nigger lips that unless the actor really looks like that, it's obvious make-up

>It's easy to understand how a causal watcher might think he's white.

He had to be an albino because if he had any melanin in his skin he would be the most blackest looking motherfucker ever.

Almost like real life, wow. It's almost as if black people would want to escape that life if they were given the opportunity.
Yes you fucking racist fucks. No one wants to be in that situation.
INB4: but they do

I really hate when Sup Forums tries to understand black people

OP was whining about how this show glorifies the hood and user was just pointing out that no it wasn't.

>the adventures of dixieman and his amazing sodomy-banjo
>his sidekick is vanboy and his superpower is meth
Fucking fund this. I want the avengers as fucking snaggle-teethed hillbillies, smashing yankees up and drinking moonshine.

>it's a conspiracy by white people

You mean (((white))) people, right?

>no one wants to be in that situation

Plenty of them do. Home is home, even if it's in the ghetto. Not everyone is comfortable leaving the only life they know. Yes, there are plenty of black folk who are ambitious and actively strive to uplift themselves. There are plenty of people who wish for better but do naught. And finally, there are people who do nothing because they don't want to go.

Is it sad? To us, yes. It's unfortunate to the audience because most people (read: white people in this thread) cannot fathom what that feels like so they can only label it as a negative situation. It's not that simple, and it isn't black and white. Have you ever heard you can take a tiger out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of a tiger?

On that note there are plenty of black capes that don't have shit to do with the hood fuck this thread is such obvious bait

>and it isn't black and white
No, it's just black.
I'll show myself out.

>there are no poor white people
just kill yourself you ignorant shit

user, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you a single (You), and may God have mercy on your soul.

Where hell did I say there weren't? Last I checked this thread wasn't about white people

he's an average white man in america

Yea, but that was fucking YEARS ago. To further explain my crazy bullshit theory you have to go beyond Sup Forums

Since like 2000 there's been a steady streamlining/marketing of "thug life" into an easily digestible "non offensive" (to anyone important) package that now dominates most media. And the reason Sup Forums shit was largely untouched was because at the time it was to small to consider relevant. But look at Luke Cage now compared almost any of his earlier stuff especially the Netflix show, Black Panther trailer after Black Panther with nothing but rap music blasting over the action. Black Lightning is just being assimilated into the process like everything else is now. If McGruder tried to get Boondocks made now there's no doubt in my mind most of it would be the adventures of Riley Freeman if it was even made at all.

No, I mean fucking white people, like in my experience Blacks don't really differentiate between white people and (((white))) people. it's all the same monster and pretty much the same agenda when it comes to the well being of blacks.

>When jewish people write black superheroes
FTFY

The show is written by a black couple.

You and OP are giant faggotrons.

>We already had it in Luke Cage, we don’t need it here.

Luke Cage was a blaxploitation character so it fits, but the Netflix show was not even "hood" or "gangsta". It was corny as fuck

they do spend money, user. just not theirs

>Be black DC fag
>Have to pick either Black SJW Lightning, the Dickless Cyborg or the Boring Green lantern.
>Pick Manhunter

>Not picking Static

Static is like the Spider-Man of black people. He's super cool but he's never doing cool shit in the league with Superman, Batman, Wonder Man and Aquaman.

They really need to get off their arses and do something with the Milestone characters.

>When white people write black superheroes why do they always gotta appeal to niggas from the hood?

Gut response before reading the thread: because a lot of white writers think those guys are the most "hardcore" and thus interesting part of the black community, as well as—due to the violent nature of hood life for all races—the most exciting.
Tiresome, it's true.

Neither is Martian Manhunter these days.

If that "something" is going to be Nu52 Static levels of terrible, I'm fine with them not touching any Milestone character ever.

>who claims to be black but doesn't want black culture displayed
Well if i wuz black i would be embarrassed of nigger culture too. Heck even african blacks hate american niggers.

Thank you

Motherfucker getting their first exposure to UPN television and can't handle it

Black people of a certain generation write about specific issues in a cadence akin to a stage play

Want more Anissa and her superhero girlfriend. Not this one off love interest who's probably going to die.

I liked the Joker toxin guy's character arc.

>>do a decent black superhero
>>people call it whitewashed

>>do a nigga superhero
>>geee why they made him a nigga

whaterver is done it will be always wrong, Im with you, we need non getto black characters but nowadays everything is fucked up and decent black people characters are like racist/uncle toms/too white...

Pretty sure this show is written by blacks.

Didn't Green arrow do exactly the same in the first season. It was literally Oliver saving the "hood" only with less black people.

Icon and rocket showing up along with static was pretty cool in YJ. Honestly they should just introduce icon and rocket into black lightning instead of adding it into the shitty cwverse

>Mistaking "the hood" as in "the man in the green hood" with "the hood" as in "the black ghetto neighborhood"
You can not be THIS retarded.

Fuck are you on about. The Glades are the Star City hood in Arrow. Oliver started taking down businessmen and gangsters for the little guy, but he's white so nobody makes a fuss.

You must be pretty retarded yourself to misread him like that.

No, you moron. Merlyn wanted to get rid of a part of Star city which was kinda like a ghetto. I don't remember how they were called.

The Glades

All I'm saying is they need to change the title card.
Everything else is fun
>Door man saying "Black Lightning, my man"
>Dude in the elevator hold the door for him
It's nice to know BL is appreciated on the street