Your opinion on Rebirth Titans?

Sup Forums what are your opinions on Rebirth Titans?

This was one of the titles I was most excited about when Rebirth launched.

Now I'm not really sure, I thought they would have a larger role to play in the whole Manhattan issue (especially Wally), but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Does anyone else feel like this team is largely unimportant in the DCU ? Even when they are supposed to be the Legacy characters and the future JL ?

It was decent until Annette went with evil Donna from the future and had the JL treat the Titans like incompetent children(why is the JL coming down so hard on the Titans when the TT are a more unstable group?).

The team is irrelevant and not in a good way. An irrelevant team could be cool if they were actually doing cool stuff but the Titans are irrelevant and don't do anything.

I'm hoping in No Justice they take the spotlight as Earth's heroes while the No Justice teams are delegated but I have a bad feeling they're just gonna be second stringers again. Hopefully the post No Justice teams are split in a way which means they get a bit more spotlight

>An irrelevant team could be cool if they were actually doing cool stuff but the Titans are irrelevant and don't do anything.

This is what I see as well. I thought they would be the ones trying to work out the mystery of the missing years / characters, since they've been the ones to acknowledge it more than any other.

>I'm hoping in No Justice they take the spotlight as Earth's heroes while the No Justice teams are delegated

All we got regarding that is the premise for Annual 2:

>“Titans Apart” finale! Arsenal and Donna discover the truth about the Bliss conspiracy…only they’re too late! With the Justice League off the board and the Titans divided, who will stand against the evil Brain as he attempts to create his new world order—and kill everyone on Earth in the process?

>This was one of the titles I was most excited about when Rebirth launched.
A lot of people felt the same way, myself included, but it was really foolish to think that Titans would have a good run.

Absolutely thrash. Any goodwill I had about Abnett died with his Titans and Aquaman runs.

Does anyone even care about Garth and Roy?

Oh christ, the "bliss conspiracy" pre-flashpoint was a drug made out of abducted kids, and Roy got addicted to it.

>Does anyone even care about Garth and Roy?

I do, and think they have great potential, Garth with the magic, and Roy being lethal, but DC is not doing much for them, other than the odd appearance in Aquaman and Green Arrow comics.

The moment younger teen sidekick generations came into play for DC was the moment all these guys barring Dick and MAYBE Wally became worthless.

Wally and Dick are two of my favorite characters so I was honestly really looking forward to this book and the return of the original titan team. As much as I want to like it it’s just not good. I’ll keep reading because I’m stupid and deep down an optimist.

>The moment younger teen sidekick generations came into play for DC was the moment all these guys barring Dick and MAYBE Wally became worthless.

They are as worthless as writers / editors want them to be.

Sure, they are no longer sidekicks, but they can be given good stories to stand on their own. The problem here is that this team is a powerhouse being wasted.

Dick is pretty worthless too user
don't be generous

Dick almost always has a steady book and normally plays “the heart” of the bat family

Dick's the most boring character in comics

Boring or not he is a main stay.

He gets beat up the most by the batfamily lmao

Donna X Wally was the worst idea

That’s inconsistent sometimes he is shown as the strongest fighter and others he gets his ass kicked.

>Dick's the most boring character in comics

Why? He's essentially Batman but with a heart and a sense of humor. And a great concept for what Robin should evolve into.

started fine. then nothing ever happened

People just like to hate Dick because he is a likeable character, it’s cool to hate things that are likeable.

Titans hunt was a cool idea and handled well up until the ending , but dc basically threw it away to do rebirth

He's Batman without any of the flaws?
so exciting

By far the worst Rebirth title I was reading.

It's been bad since Titans Hunt. Nothing has changed expect people are starting to realize that the book has zero depth or direction for any of its characters now that the nostalgia is wearing off.

Only hook the book has was "the original Titans uncovering the Rebirth mystery and the lost 10 years" but the book never was that. That is Johns story to tell and it wasn't going to be told in some irrelevant Titans book.

Go to bed, Priest.

This

Did Abnett ever even tell us who the narration in JL #51 was from? That oneshot focused on Dick with the black and red boxes .
I stopped reading after the first arc.

They have potential but the writers are not interested in pushing them.

Titans hunt was already like 6 issues in before rebirth was even teased, it was a divergence book .

>Only hook the book has was "the original Titans uncovering the Rebirth mystery and the lost 10 years" but the book never was that. That is Johns story to tell and it wasn't going to be told in some irrelevant Titans book.

This. And the son of a bitch seems to be delaying that even in Doomdsay Clock.

I get this sinking feeling that the whole premise of Rebirth will end up being a gimmick. But I'm still hoping for answers and resolution.

I'm still in denial I think.

>writers are not interested in pushing them.

fucking why is the question.

It's more editors, but the problem with the Rebirth Titans is they are just a junior Justice League. Bumblebee and Lilith are the only reoccurring members in that book that aren't just proteges/next gen of the JL. The JL are the big members that are pushed so why push Donna when Diana is the one with the book and the movie?

The characterizations and story weren't strong in Titans Hunt and that carried over into Titans though. Nothing has changed in that regard, but people thought Titans Hunt was amazing for some reason.

>people thought Titans Hunt was amazing for some reason.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Somebody here joked about people forcing themselves to like Bendis' run just because the red undies are back, but that shit ain't a joke. It'll take at least 12 issues before people realize red undies doesn't equal good stories.

There are already 2 generations of characters behind the Titans characters now, but DC still wants to treat these characters like teens that aren't ready to be true heroes in the same breath as the JL characters. Even though a character like Dick has been a heroe probably longer than half the JL.

>The JL are the big members that are pushed so why push Donna when Diana is the one with the book and the movie?

This seems to imply that DC editors and writers cannot be bothered to push the JL AND Titans with good stories or relevant arcs in the comics.

Like there is this limited pool of talent / relevance that can only be used in the big IPs.

And that is horseshit.

Or if true, they are highly incompetent.

>but DC still wants to treat these characters like teens that aren't ready to be true heroes in the same breath as the JL characters.

They could actually expand the Justice League to include them, and share missions / stories. But they don't. And instead we get these new Dark Matter characters out of fucking nowhere when DC already has so many good characters that could be developed / pushed.

I just can't get the reasoning behind it. If money is the issue, they could surely as fuck get some good marketing behind existing characters.

>And instead we get these new Dark Matter characters out of fucking nowhere when DC already has so many good characters that could be developed / pushed.
lmao for real. Like 6 of these are gonna fucking flop and the artists they're shilling for it aren't even staying past 3 issues
They pushed those 8 Dark Matter books so hard so just imagine what 8 B/C listers they could've pushed just as hard: Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Vixen, Atom, Wally, Outsiders, etc.

The main problem with these Titans isn't just they're proteges, it's how superfluous they are.

If I want a speedster, am I going to be using Jesse Quick or Wally or whatever? No, I'm going to use Barry since he has the show and the movie now after being shilled for almost a decade.
If I want a batfamily member or powerless character in my team or my event, am I going to be using Dick? No, I'm going to use Batman because he's DCs most popular character.
Same thing with Diana and Donna, Ollie and Roy. Nobody wants Aquaman though so they sure as hell don't want Garth, even if his powers are different. People like Mera more than both, it seems.

Nice start, that too soon grows into oring soap drama. A pity, overall. But it has some good issues, like the first ne and the one with Supes.

Art is... divisive, to say something.